Real Radio coverage/show

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Re: Real Radio coverage/show

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 16th, 2021, 9:53 am

KVNU has been good to the Aggies, but I think USU's reliance on them over the last few decades (prior to the 1280 deal) is part of the reason USU is so invisible along the Wasatch Front. In my opinion, it is critical that USU continues their deal with 1280...we're not going to pull more Aggie fans from Cache Valley, but we should be pulling more from the Wasatch Front. It's time to focus on them.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 17th, 2021, 6:24 pm

OKAggie wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 6:58 am
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 1:43 am
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 12:40 am
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 12:53 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 10:56 pm
I prefer to listen to Al on mute, but he's a good aggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Better than @ScottGarrard, dude acts like he's embarrassed every time he's "obligated" to talk about the Aggies on his radio show.

Nobody on USU Fans:
“Watch me post today’s most cringe-worthy take/opinion”

OrangeCountyAggie:
“Hold my beer...”

OCA is the most out of touch “fan” on the board and it’s not even close. At least today’s nonsense wasn’t more Nathan-hating vitriol.
Childish. You disagree with my take? Let's hear your counter arguement.
Why waste his time? You are impervious to facts and logic -- not the first time you've made this ridiculous argument about Scott on this board. People including myself have explained why his job isn't what you think it should be, and for that matter why Aggie coverage on his station (limited as it is) is better than it's been. And you come back with this kind of emo non-factual non-argument "ewwww, he's just embarrassed to talk about the Aggies" or "he just doesn't care" or "he's not a real Aggie".

You don't want a counter-argument, you want attention. Piss off.
Geeze, sounds like you have some anger management issues!

Here's another FACT for you. Hans and Scotty do a Sunday morning podcast discussing the weekend's in-state CFB games. This last week, they never even once said the name "Aggies" or "Utah State" as if they don't exist. Another day (Wednesday, I think) I downloaded and listened to their entire show. Again, no mention of USU, but they did have a 2-hour "cougar preview show."

I bleed Aggie Blue. If I was the host on a major sports radio show, you'd be damn sure I would discuss the Aggies with regularity (whether I was the program director or not). If 1280 wants to ignore USU, fine. In that case, USU needs to find another "flagship."

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » September 17th, 2021, 6:38 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 6:24 pm
OKAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Better than @ScottGarrard, dude acts like he's embarrassed every time he's "obligated" to talk about the Aggies on his radio show.

Nobody on USU Fans:

OrangeCountyAggie:
“Hold my beer...”

OCA is the most out of touch “fan” on the board and it’s not even close. At least today’s nonsense wasn’t more Nathan-hating vitriol.
Why waste his time? You are impervious to facts and logic -- not the first time you've made this ridiculous argument about Scott on this board. People including myself have explained why his job isn't what you think it should be, and for that matter why Aggie coverage on his station (limited as it is) is better than it's been. And you come back with this kind of emo non-factual non-argument "ewwww, he's just embarrassed to talk about the Aggies" or "he just doesn't care" or "he's not a real Aggie".

Here's another FACT for you. Hans and Scotty do a Sunday morning podcast discussing the weekend's in-state CFB games. This last week, they never even once said the name "Aggies" or "Utah State" as if they don't exist. Another day (Wednesday, I think) I downloaded and listened to their entire show. Again, no mention of USU, but they did have a 2-hour "cougar preview show."

I bleed Aggie Blue. If I was the host on a major sports radio show, you'd be damn sure I would discuss the Aggies with regularity (whether I was the program director or not). If 1280 wants to ignore USU, fine. In that case, USU needs to find another "flagship."
To me, this argument demonstrates exactly the problem for the Aggies in Utah. Let's for arguments sake say during college football season 33% of air time each to Utah and byu-p. As had been said, that's what the market dictates. You can't make money selling oranges if everyone wants apples. That leaves a third for everything else, if that was divided equally between the Aggies, other local college football teams and other sports, Jazz, RSL, and other national sports - that would leave 6ish percent, if my Ag school accounting degree is right. So, from where would you like him to take the time?

The reality is we are way down the chow line here and probably lucky get as much as we do out of a salt lake radio station and where else are you going to go?

Go Aggies!

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » September 18th, 2021, 7:46 am

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 6:24 pm
OKAggie wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

Nobody on USU Fans:

OrangeCountyAggie:
“Hold my beer...”

I manage my anger just fine, thanks. I only use it in short bursts, for chronic idiocy. You qualify, and this post continues to prove that you are ignorant and clueless on the topic.

Round up your sponsors for Aggie Preview Show, or pay the SLC rate card out of your own pocket, Zuckerberg, and you'll get what you want. I guarantee the Zone will take your money. But your damn sure guarantee how you'd do somebody else's job is stupid and meaningless -- sadly, that doesn't keep you from repeating it over and over.

Nobody here knows anything.

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » September 18th, 2021, 1:27 pm

I will always love Al but the games are easier to get now

Roll Aggies!!!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic