North Dakota-Trap Game!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bull

North Dakota-Trap Game!!

Post by bull » September 6th, 2021, 8:01 am

Will BA get the team re-focused after a big win? I think he will but I’m still a little nervous.

Elkaggie

Re: North Dakota-Trap Game!!

Post by Elkaggie » September 6th, 2021, 8:14 am

I’m nervous too. Scotty G said the team was up late celebrating and he didn’t get home (he chartered with the team) until 6:30 am.

Also having one day less to rest and prepare.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » September 6th, 2021, 8:18 am

After the Week FCS teams just had, nobody should be overlooking anyone.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
FromLItoLogan

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » September 6th, 2021, 8:32 am

This team and coaching staff is all about business. This group of players is less than a year removed from a 1 win season and there is a lot of upperclassmen leadership. I don’t think there’s any chance we overlook ND. Our defense is physical and now that our offense seems to be clicking, I would hate to be a Bison roaming Merlin Olsen field this Friday night. It could get ugly.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » September 6th, 2021, 8:46 am

LarryTheAggie wrote:After the Week FCS teams just had, nobody should be overlooking anyone.
It's not too out of line of a typical year actually https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... ies-upsets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 6th, 2021, 9:29 am

Elkaggie wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 8:14 am
I’m nervous too. Scotty G said the team was up late celebrating and he didn’t get home (he chartered with the team) until 6:30 am.

I see the flight departed Pullman at 2:11 am, that’s pretty quick considering the game didn’t get over until almost midnight. Aggies will be ready, I can’t wait!

stwinward

Post by stwinward » September 6th, 2021, 10:15 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 8:46 am
LarryTheAggie wrote:After the Week FCS teams just had, nobody should be overlooking anyone.
It's not too out of line of a typical year actually https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... ies-upsets

Thanks for the link. I was wondering. It appears this was the best FCS opening weekend since 2013.

Donman

Post by Donman » September 6th, 2021, 10:24 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 8:14 am

I see the flight departed Pullman at 2:11 am, that’s pretty quick considering the game didn’t get over until almost midnight. Aggies will be ready, I can’t wait!
Scott also had an hour drive after he got home

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MikeyLo

Post by MikeyLo » September 6th, 2021, 10:45 am

FWIW UND has a reputation of struggling on the road. They went just 2-7 in road games during the 2021 Spring & 2019 seasons. They did win their opener on the road this season against a bad Idaho State team.

Also short weeks typically are an advantage to the home team.

I understand how this can be a letdown spot, but I like the Aggies here.

My College Football betting blog: https://mikeylobets.com/

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » September 6th, 2021, 10:47 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 8:46 am

That is cool, but it doesn't account for all the near upsets either.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » September 6th, 2021, 10:59 am

Something tells me that if this coaching staff can get the guys to come back and beat WSU, they'll also be able to keep the guys focused and not let up against an FCS team...

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

IditarodAGGIE

Post by IditarodAGGIE » September 6th, 2021, 11:29 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 8:32 am
This team and coaching staff is all about business. This group of players is less than a year removed from a 1 win season and there is a lot of upperclassmen leadership. I don’t think there’s any chance we overlook ND. Our defense is physical and now that our offense seems to be clicking, I would hate to be a Bison
roaming Merlin Olsen field this Friday night.
It could get ugly.
Just beat the North Dakota Fighting Hawks this Friday night! No Bison 🦬 needed.
Confidence is building.....one can feel it. The feeling was tremendous at Martin Stadium Saturday night! What a pleasure to witness it “live” in person.
These users thanked the author IditarodAGGIE for the post (total 2):
ADKAggietrombone_ninja

“In every single day, in every walk of life, ordinary people do extraordinary things. Ordinary People accomplish Extraordinary things.” -Jim Valvano

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 6th, 2021, 11:39 am

North Dakota is a really solid team. The aggies should not be overlooking anybody. BA is a smart man and he will have the team prepared. I expect a tough game, but have a feeling the team is going to pumped and motivated to keep the excitement going after last week's epic comeback. Get all of your friends and let's get Maverick rocking. I know I am going to have a hard time focusing at work this week.

justhidin
Has thanked: 0

Post by justhidin » September 6th, 2021, 11:42 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:This team and coaching staff is all about business. This group of players is less than a year removed from a 1 win season and there is a lot of upperclassmen leadership. I don’t think there’s any chance we overlook ND. Our defense is physical and now that our offense seems to be clicking, I would hate to be a Bison roaming Merlin Olsen field this Friday night. It could get ugly.
They are the Fighting HawksImage

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 6th, 2021, 12:11 pm

I think the odds of losing and the odds of winning by 30+ are about the same. Neither are particularly likely, but are distinctly possible.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 6th, 2021, 12:53 pm

Am I as nervous as a January game against a 7-10 UNLV team in Vegas nervous? Not at all. But a little.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » September 6th, 2021, 12:56 pm

ND has a qback to watch. 6-5; 245 lbs., apparently can pass well and runs over 5 yards per carry. We need to be mean and aggressive.

Ooops. The guy I just mentioned is Quincy Vaughn. We may see him, but he was beat out by. 6’0”, 195 lb guy named Schuster.

IditarodAGGIE

Post by IditarodAGGIE » September 6th, 2021, 2:26 pm

Here’s a snippet from this past weekend of our “Fighting Hawks” opponent that will grace Maverik Stadium Friday night...it’ll give you a bite-size flavor of what’s coming.
Go AGGIES!

“In every single day, in every walk of life, ordinary people do extraordinary things. Ordinary People accomplish Extraordinary things.” -Jim Valvano

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » September 6th, 2021, 2:34 pm

IditarodAGGIE wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
This team and coaching staff is all about business. This group of players is less than a year removed from a 1 win season and there is a lot of upperclassmen leadership. I don’t think there’s any chance we overlook ND. Our defense is physical and now that our offense seems to be clicking, I would hate to be a Bison
It could get ugly.
Confidence is building.....one can feel it. The feeling was tremendous at Martin Stadium Saturday night! What a pleasure to witness it “live” in person.
Good catch! I know better but had a senior moment! . Well they aren’t even the Fighting Sioux any more are they?! Haha, Glad you got to see it in person Iditarod. Must have been great. I thought I was going to be able to experience that back in 2012 at Camp Randall but alas wide right.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
IditarodAGGIE

IditarodAGGIE

Post by IditarodAGGIE » September 6th, 2021, 2:58 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
September 6th, 2021, 2:34 pm
IditarodAGGIE wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
It could get ugly.
Good catch! I know better but had a senior moment! . Well they aren’t even the Fighting Sioux any more are they?! Haha, Glad you got to see it in person Iditarod. Must have been great. I thought I was going to be able to experience that back in 2012 at Camp Randall but alas wide right.
No worries, AGGIEinIOWA....you da man!
As we know, Camp Randall indeed was an “almost moment” that was a heart-breaker. I was not in attendance at that one.

Locked Previous topicNext topic