USU QB rack and stack

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hickaggie

Re: USU QB rack and stack

Post by hickaggie » August 2nd, 2021, 1:47 pm

Blue Sage wrote:
August 1st, 2021, 9:00 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
August 1st, 2021, 8:44 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
July 31st, 2021, 9:48 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 31st, 2021, 7:07 pm
Lot of folks already forgetting how insanely good Chuckie was during his sophomore and pre-injury junior seasons. If he had finished out that junior year, he's got nearly every career record locked down tight. Reminder that Sports Reference has him down for 7 games in 2013, but he was injured so early in the BYU game that it's really more like 6:

Pass yards - 1,388 (pro-rates to 3,239 for 14 games)
Pass TDs - 18 (pro-rates to 42)
Completions - 136 (pro-rates to 317)

That would have given him 86 career passing TDs, 9,244 career passing yards, and 853 completions. All three of those would be good for first all-time at USU. That doesn't even consider if he'd played a real senior season. Chuckie would be miles ahead of every other QB we've ever had statistically speaking.

2013 Chuckie is the best QB we've ever had (currently hitting my Kyle Van Noy voodoo doll with a hammer), although 2018 Love is not terribly far behind.
I haven't forgotten how good Chuckie was. I just remember just how ridiculous good Calvillo was. He had very little talent around him. That at his prime... May have been the best ever at USU
Calvillo may have had the strongest arm of any USU QB in the modern era. He was a lot of fun to watch throwing the ball.
Agree, actually I just can put Love at the top or even the second spot.
Calvillo has to be number one. That guy was insane! He won the game when we pulled down the goal posts! What an arm!!!
Keeton has to be number one also! He was insane. What people have already forgotten is that Keeton was a magician on the field. He could make anything happen even when it wasn’t there. Every snap you expected something big.
Love is a solid #3.
I agree. As much as I am a fan of Love, Chuckie's quickness and mobility in the pocket and scrambling made him really tough to beat and fun to watch. Calvillo and Love are sixes for the second spot.

Locked Previous topicNext topic