BA has arguably ALREADY had a hand in a win over BYU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

BA has arguably ALREADY had a hand in a win over BYU

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 20th, 2021, 6:50 am

and one where we were three touchdown underdogs no less! Or at least some people thought that maybe when we lost to BA's Red Wolves in 2014, the team was refocused for the BYU game, and that the win maybe wouldn't have happened if we beat the Red Wolves like we were supposed to.
https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopi ... =4&t=34287

Nevertheless
1. We can hope that the first time we give up a 79 yard touchdown pass that BA, just like in 2014, is able to adjust to not let it happen again the rest of the game. And that the same quarterback and receiver who do it once against us are similarly able to do it over and over against their next opponent. Especially if their next opponent similarly has their quarterback get hurt and similarly blames the loss on that!
2. It's unlikely we will ever allow a team to take how ever many snaps we took that night inside the 37 without a point, but we can always hope!
3. A team should know they are in trouble if they ever bring the national championship trophy to their game when they are three touchdown favorites over a team fresh off losing to BA and us.
4. I'm sure other teams have fans that would similarly blame a loss to us on their quarterback, call into the radio ripping him apart calling him "14 point", then when we leads the team to a monumental win the next game, refuse to admit they were wrong.
5. If a team ever does similarly lose to BA and us despite several snaps inside our 37, then has their next game somewhere they haven't won in 36 years, it might help them if that team similarly has a young fan with an older fan always reminding them of the year it happened and that he was there!
6. I do know the Arkansas State fans loved being better than Texas by proxy that year, and I as well, when we can, like to make those comparisons. BUT
7. If a team, after losing to us, is ever up 28-14 at halftime the next game, in a game they are supposed to lose by three touchdowns, it's important we have enough restraint to NOT talk about it mid-game, and let the game finish before we do so!
8. This is just to see if you are pay attention. We sure could use a Popeye's Chicken in Logan so just like I ate at the Jonesboro one after that bad loss that year, opposing fans can similarly eat there after seeing their team lose to us after taking several snaps inside our 37 yard line! Or Aggie fans after games, as well as other people the rest of the year! On a serious note, one thing that sucked about last year was restaurants and hotels were not filling up with people after games. So hopefully the Delta Variant doesn't cause us to have to go back to where we were last year!
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
USU78