TV on Saturday

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeoAg

TV on Saturday

Post by GeoAg » November 4th, 2010, 1:27 am

Anybody know the story for TV on Saturday? The university site says there is no TV. Dish Network and what I understood from the CW30 deal say otherwise. Here to setting the DVR and hoping for the best.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: TV on Saturday

Post by ProvoAggie » November 4th, 2010, 7:34 am

An e-mail from USU media relations said it was on CW30 and the guide on my Comcast box says that it's on so I've left it on this website. I assume that it's going to be on still. I don't trust the official website when it comes to TV games anymore. They haven't been very accurate at all this year.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 4th, 2010, 9:21 am

ProvoAggie wrote:An e-mail from USU media relations said it was on CW30 and the guide on my Comcast box says that it's on so I've left it on this website. I assume that it's going to be on still. I don't trust the official website when it comes to TV games anymore. They haven't been very accurate at all this year.
+1. I would refer to the schedule on this site if you want accurate information. (Thanks ProvoAggie! :notworthy: )

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 4th, 2010, 9:32 am

Thank you. Also, if you guys ever hear about a game being on TV that isn't listed on this site, let me know. I look everywhere I can think of to find out about TV games but sometimes I still miss them.

inconspicuous

Post by inconspicuous » November 4th, 2010, 10:04 am

I take it that the CW30 game is only a local showing. Is that correct or will I be able to watch the game here in CA on CW30. I will have to check that, If anyone knows let me know

xtremeat
Been thanked: 0

Post by xtremeat » November 4th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Yes yes that is right this site has all the CORRECT INFO! Treesap is all knowing!! Just ask him!

"Do your best and forget the rest!" ~Tony Horton

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 4th, 2010, 10:22 pm

You can usually watch most televised WAC games on ESPN 3. I don't see this one listed there though.

I wonder if Leerfield wants a subscription in order to see if the game is on TV? Wouldn't it make sense to promote the game everywhere you can, especially places like your own website where it can be advertised at NO COST?

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » November 4th, 2010, 10:35 pm

GeoAg wrote:Anybody know the story for TV on Saturday? The university site says there is no TV. Dish Network and what I understood from the CW30 deal say otherwise. Here to setting the DVR and hoping for the best.
Here's a link (hope it works) that say's to set your DVR to CW30, then go enjoy the game at Romney worry free. Any chance Emmett White has a game of eligibility left for this one?

http://listings2go.tvguide.com/PartnerG ... s=1&MsoID=

whatever1331
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by whatever1331 » November 5th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Sorry Aggies, I sent an email to CW-30 and they replied back the game would not be televised and that the listing would be corrected today. I will turn to CW-30 on Saturday just in case but not with much hope I will find the game. What is the deal with Learfield anyway? Last year it seemed the majority of our home games were televised, and this year nothing. Is this the result of USU's contact with Learfield? I certainly do not know the details of the contract but its seems the end result is less Aggies for us Aggie fans.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 5th, 2010, 12:26 pm

It's amazing that you got an e-mail back from CW-30. I have e-mailed them before and haven't gotten a response. I wonder what the reason for pulling the game from the schedule is. Could it be because ticket sales are down and they want to force people to go to the game?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 5th, 2010, 12:51 pm

whatever1331 wrote:Sorry Aggies, I sent an email to CW-30 and they replied back the game would not be televised and that the listing would be corrected today. I will turn to CW-30 on Saturday just in case but not with much hope I will find the game. What is the deal with Learfield anyway? Last year it seemed the majority of our home games were televised, and this year nothing. Is this the result of USU's contact with Learfield? I certainly do not know the details of the contract but its seems the end result is less Aggies for us Aggie fans.
That sucks bad. :x

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 5th, 2010, 1:31 pm

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 10aaa.html

Official site (I know they are terrible) says no TV will be available. It seems our TV options have gotten worse instead of better. Last year I watched all of the games one way or another. I also listened to all of the games.

This year I haven't listened to any games and I haven't seen as many either. Such is the life of an Aggie fan

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 5th, 2010, 2:45 pm

The SUU game is on TV Saturday so at least someone in the state has coverage :-(

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » November 5th, 2010, 4:54 pm

Well it's just about the close of business today and the game is till listed on the TV guide site?????

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 5th, 2010, 10:06 pm

It's still on my Comcast guide and scheduled to record as well.

imanaggie

Post by imanaggie » November 6th, 2010, 3:23 pm

A little inside info...

The game was originally scheduled to air today but given the drop in interest with the way the season has gone, channel 30 opted to pick-up a basketball game since they felt they would get more viewership. You can go to the bank with this.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 6th, 2010, 4:22 pm

If it means more basketball on TV then I'm okay with that...I hope it's a week night game that I won't be able to make it up to. Right now most of the games I'm planning on going to are TV games too.

Locked Previous topicNext topic