Hunter hill

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Hunter hill

Post by slcagg » July 13th, 2021, 8:06 pm

Transferring

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Re: Hunter hill

Post by 3rdGenAggie » July 13th, 2021, 8:19 pm

Bummer, but not entirely unsurprising. It's not uncommon to see transfers among highly rated recruits that have had a hard time seeing the field.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » July 13th, 2021, 8:45 pm

Does this open up a scholarship for us this year?

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » July 13th, 2021, 9:18 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
July 13th, 2021, 8:45 pm
Does this open up a scholarship for us this year?
Anyone that is added will count toward the class of 2022, unless the player is a senior.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » July 13th, 2021, 9:43 pm

I’m disappointed/bummed about this one.
He was a top 5 recruit all time for us but it never panned out.
Worried about Legas moving on as well after this.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » July 13th, 2021, 11:38 pm

I'm sure he'll have USC and Wazzu back after him no doubt. Best of luck kid.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » July 14th, 2021, 6:05 am

This reminds me: I thought we were going to have sooo many players transfer after the Frank fiasco. BA and staff have done an incredible job keeping so many players.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 14th, 2021, 6:42 am

ViAggie wrote:
July 13th, 2021, 11:38 pm
I highly doubt usc will be after him. Usually a player who could not crack the rotation does not transfer up a level if you will. But best of luck to him. I Can understand a kid needing a change of scenery. I’ve always hoped for his success.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » July 14th, 2021, 7:55 am

slcagg wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
I highly doubt usc will be after him. Usually a player who could not crack the rotation does not transfer up a level if you will. But best of luck to him. I Can understand a kid needing a change of scenery. I’ve always hoped for his success.
I think Vi was being a little facetious

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 14th, 2021, 8:09 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
July 14th, 2021, 7:55 am
slcagg wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
I think Vi was being a little facetious
Vi is never facetious 😉

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » July 14th, 2021, 8:32 am

I was always surprised that he couldn't crack the lineup. He was so highly touted. Dang. I hope he finds a good landing spot.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » July 14th, 2021, 11:26 am

Does this change our OL outlook for this season? Was he just providing depth? Was the new staff looking to use him more? It seems like I've seen a lot of folks worried about the OL this season already. Seeing this makes me worry even more, albeit from an uneducated standpoint.

BigBlueBlood

Post by BigBlueBlood » July 14th, 2021, 11:48 am

Not being able to "crack the lineup" under that dumpster fire of a situation last year does not tell me much. I have to wonder if the staff was all with it, if you now what I mean.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » July 14th, 2021, 11:50 am

I didn't have him I'm our top 6, but that is mostly because he was an unknown still and there hasn't been any hype since he joined the team

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 14th, 2021, 12:34 pm

Yeah, it seems his hype stopped the moment his first team activities began. GA made it a point to make Hill and Legas his priority #1 after being hired but so far neither one has contributed or really even pushed the guys in front of them for PT. It also seemed like Hill's decision to come to Logan was partly because his dad seemed to believe in Gary.

I've tried to not place all the disappointment/blame on either Hill or Legas because I'm sure it didn't help to be a part of such a dysfunctional team as youngsters. I was still holding out hope that Hill in particular would live up to the hype at some point but I guess it was not meant to be.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
JSHarvey

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » July 14th, 2021, 12:57 pm

I think Legas is much closer to contributing than Hill was. I think there is a legitimate case for him to be QB2 going into the year.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 5):
newhouse9Sl7vkBLUERUFiOAggiesForeverIdaAg93

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 14th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Aglicious wrote:
July 14th, 2021, 12:34 pm
Yeah, it seems his hype stopped the moment his first team activities began. GA made it a point to make Hill and Legas his priority #1 after being hired but so far neither one has contributed or really even pushed the guys in front of them for PT. It also seemed like Hill's decision to come to Logan was partly because his dad seemed to believe in Gary.

I've tried to not place all the disappointment/blame on either Hill or Legas because I'm sure it didn't help to be a part of such a dysfunctional team as youngsters. I was still holding out hope that Hill in particular would live up to the hype at some point but I guess it was not meant to be.
Hunter Hill's Dad played here. I think that was a bigger pull than Gary.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » July 16th, 2021, 2:29 pm

No decisions were made in spring about which quarterback was first or second (except conclusions drawn by the media)-- Anderson made the decision to leave that to fall. My view is that in many cases Legas outplayed Peasley. Peasley is a better runner than thrower, while Legas seemed to be a lot better passer who could run when he needed to. He was more likely to work through things before taking off, where Peasley seemed to be looking for opportunities to run when he wasnt throwing the ball out of bounds-- something I heard the coaches told him to do rather than throw to a covered a receiver. Of the several practices I attended, it seems like he did that a lot.

It will be interesting to see Logan Bonner in the mix. USU's quarterbacking was recently ranked 46th in the country, based on what Bonner brings to the room.
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post (total 6):
aggies22AussieAggieDadBLUERUFiOnewhouse9BobWilsonFloridaAggie13

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » July 16th, 2021, 6:18 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 2:29 pm
No decisions were made in spring about which quarterback was first or second (except conclusions drawn by the media)-- Anderson made the decision to leave that to fall. My view is that in many cases Legas outplayed Peasley. Peasley is a better runner than thrower, while Legas seemed to be a lot better passer who could run when he needed to. He was more likely to work through things before taking off, where Peasley seemed to be looking for opportunities to run when he wasnt throwing the ball out of bounds-- something I heard the coaches told him to do rather than throw to a covered a receiver. Of the several practices I attended, it seems like he did that a lot.

It will be interesting to see Logan Bonner in the mix. USU's quarterbacking was recently ranked 46th in the country, based on what Bonner brings to the room.
It doesn’t really matter. Logan Bonner is the clear cut QB1.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 16th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 6:18 pm
AggiesForever wrote:

As long as his foot has healed, I concur with my Aggie brother.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 16th, 2021, 7:06 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 6:50 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
AggiesForever wrote:

Are you suggesting his foot has not healed? Don't force my mind into bad places.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 16th, 2021, 7:16 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 7:06 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 6:50 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
AggiesForever wrote:

Are you suggesting his foot has not healed? Don't force my mind into bad places.
I have no idea one way or the other. At this time I don't think there is anything to worry about.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » July 17th, 2021, 9:40 am

Underclassmen who start at QB are generally phenoms in the Chuckie Keeton-Jordan Love vein. Teams that have an upperclassman who has started at the FBS level typically stick with that player at QB.

Unless Legas or Peasley have improved greatly since last year, I'm confident it'll be Bonner. Legas or Peasley will eventually be our starting QB, but probably not yet.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22IdaAg93

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » July 18th, 2021, 9:34 am

I think that Hill found himself behind some great offensive linemen like Alfred Edwards and the had some new transfers.

I wish it turned out that he would take the reins as the starter but certainly wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Source level: 2/10

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

GrandPoubah

Post by GrandPoubah » July 18th, 2021, 11:52 am

Gary brought in 5 OL during his first recruiting class. Two of them quit football within their first year, one entered the portal, one went on a mission and seemingly disappeared and one remains.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 18th, 2021, 12:15 pm

GrandPoubah wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 11:52 am
Gary brought in 5 OL during his first recruiting class. Two of them quit football within their first year, one entered the portal, one went on a mission and seemingly disappeared and one remains.
You piqued my curiosity so I checked out the signing class.

Ashton Adams - quit, no longer playing
Aric Davison - quit, no longer playing
Hunter Hill - transfer portal
Sonny Makasini - mission, will enroll January 2022
Jackson Owens - still with the team
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
ChodFloridaAggie13

GrandPoubah

Post by GrandPoubah » July 18th, 2021, 1:46 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 12:15 pm
GrandPoubah wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 11:52 am
You piqued my curiosity so I checked out the signing class.

Ashton Adams - quit, no longer playing
Aric Davison - quit, no longer playing
Hunter Hill - transfer portal
Sonny Makasini - mission, will enroll January 2022
Jackson Owens - still with the team
I’m happy to hear that Sonny Is enrolling! I hadn’t heard anything.

Overall, This was a highly rated class, similar if not better than this coming year. I’m hopeful the remaining players can hold it together and contribute across all positions.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » July 18th, 2021, 8:36 pm

Good research on linemen leaving and still being with our AGGIES 22. Thank you for digging this info out.

Seems that being a lineman on either side of the ball is very stressful on their bodies, especially when the player is carrying an additional 40 to 70 pounds of weight just in order play on the line. I can see where some players just walk away from that situation which can be so debilitating.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22FloridaAggie13

AussieAggieDad

Post by AussieAggieDad » July 18th, 2021, 8:50 pm

As a newbie to the game I was curious if there is data about the typical playing time for each position (lots of variables, I know). I asked my younger son, who plays as a slot receiver, and he thought 15 minutes. Seemed a little high to me. Truth is, I have no clue.

In a sport which is so stats heavy I'm guessing the analysis has already been done. Hopefully, somone here can add to my continuing education on American football. Thanks in advance.

Mods: please move this if I'm in the wrong thread - cheers.
These users thanked the author AussieAggieDad for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfbrownjeans

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » August 21st, 2021, 9:44 pm

Looks like he landed at BYU. Huh.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » August 21st, 2021, 10:28 pm

jpswensen wrote:
August 21st, 2021, 9:44 pm
Couldn't cut it academically here, so he had to go there🤣🤣🤣
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 6):
BLUERUFiOBustaMcNuttjpswensenAggieArmyaggieguy13thegreendalegelf

Go Aggies!

Notatrueaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by Notatrueaggie » August 21st, 2021, 10:47 pm

I’ll take the trade of hill for the twins any day.
These users thanked the author Notatrueaggie for the post:
aggies22

LKGates

Post by LKGates » August 21st, 2021, 10:49 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
August 21st, 2021, 10:28 pm
jpswensen wrote:
August 21st, 2021, 9:44 pm
Couldn't cut it academically here, so he had to go there🤣🤣🤣
I'm thinking he must have had honor code issues...
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » August 22nd, 2021, 6:10 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 8:36 pm
Good research on linemen leaving and still being with our AGGIES 22. Thank you for digging this info out.

Seems that being a lineman on either side of the ball is very stressful on their bodies, especially when the player is carrying an additional 40 to 70 pounds of weight just in order play on the line. I can see where some players just walk away from that situation which can be so debilitating.
I think the game is brutal for lineman on both sides of the ball, especially compared to other positions. Think of how many times they get rolled up on into their knees and ankles by other players for instance. Where a CB spends his time running and hand chucking while jockeying for position, he might go a whole game without being in on a tackle, the linemen are violently engaged on each snap. Every play is an individual scrum with their hands and fingers getting twisted, yanked and pulled and it usually ends in a 900lb dog pile.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
aggies22

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » August 22nd, 2021, 9:51 am

Byu fans seem pretty excited to be getting a usu transfer that couldnt make the 2 deep.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 3):
USU78aggies22Aggie19

Locked Previous topicNext topic