DE Position

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
El Sapo

Re: DE Position

Post by El Sapo » July 27th, 2021, 5:53 pm

I've watched a few Miami games looking at their defense. They use multiple formations. But in the end the defense still won or lost plays based on individual matchups and disrupting the opposing teams OL. It's a little scary to try and compare us with them personnel wise. We're a 100+ ranked defense and they are top 15. They have impact players on their DL. Unless we have somebody disruptive on our DL, I'm afraid that the different formations aren't going to help us very much. Not a knock, just an observation because when Miami's D struggled? It was those times that they couldn't pressure the QB

On the positive side, in the AState film I watched, Rice reminds me of David Woodward.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
aggies22

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 3rd, 2021, 6:30 pm

El Sapo wrote:
July 27th, 2021, 5:53 pm
I've watched a few Miami games looking at their defense. They use multiple formations. But in the end the defense still won or lost plays based on individual matchups and disrupting the opposing teams OL. It's a little scary to try and compare us with them personnel wise. We're a 100+ ranked defense and they are top 15. They have impact players on their DL. Unless we have somebody disruptive on our DL, I'm afraid that the different formations aren't going to help us very much. Not a knock, just an observation because when Miami's D struggled? It was those times that they couldn't pressure the QB

On the positive side, in the AState film I watched, Rice reminds me of David Woodward.

Another dose of a Woodward type would be a treat. He had such a high Football I Q.

bull

Post by bull » August 3rd, 2021, 10:15 pm

Some of our best defenses have been the disruptive/hard to read types. Think Aranda and especially Orlando. They used to do that overload to one side very efficiently. It will be interesting to see what this new staff comes up with.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 4th, 2021, 11:02 am

This is some big time talent in the front 7.

Locked Previous topicNext topic