Updated Roster

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Updated Roster

Post by aggies22 » July 18th, 2021, 11:49 am

LoveMyAggies wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 9:45 am
aggies22 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 8:16 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 13th, 2021, 12:14 pm
I've shared this before in other threads, but with where the conversation is I figured I'd post my updated visual 3-deep depth-chart I have that's a best guess based off watching spring practice and reports/depth charts aggies22 has given. (Again, I feel like we have to bring in a few more guys for depth on the OL.)

The job that the staff was given is a complete rebuild of the team. That's because Gary Andersen basically sabotaged the program in every way.

It's clear to me that this staff has made a commitment to fix the defense first. You can win if you hold your opponents to fewer than 30ppg. There's depth there and plenty of talent to compete at the highest level in the MWC. Maybe an issue at Stryker but that is basically the nickle position anyway. We have enough depth at safety and linebacker to fill a gap.

The offense is another story. The staff brought in players that could compete now at a couple of key positions, not the least of which is QB. That was the biggest priority to get us through 2021. Because of the scholarship limitations we couldn't fix this team in an instant. You also have to adapt based on who you can recruit. Rome wasn't built in a day. I fully expect this staff to recruit more for the future on offense. We already have seen that with the OL.

Anything that I'm missing? Go Aggies!
The only thing I'm curious about is having 5 senior WRs and we have none committed and don't appear to be recruiting them very hard.
I’m sorry if I’m stating the obvious, and correct me if I’m wrong, do any of these Senior WR get 1 more COVID year??
No.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » July 18th, 2021, 12:15 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 8:30 am
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
I've shared this before in other threads, but with where the conversation is I figured I'd post my updated visual 3-deep depth-chart I have that's a best guess based off watching spring practice and reports/depth charts aggies22 has given. (Again, I feel like we have to bring in a few more guys for depth on the OL.)

The job that the staff was given is a complete rebuild of the team. That's because Gary Andersen basically sabotaged the program in every way.

It's clear to me that this staff has made a commitment to fix the defense first. You can win if you hold your opponents to fewer than 30ppg. There's depth there and plenty of talent to compete at the highest level in the MWC. Maybe an issue at Stryker but that is basically the nickle position anyway. We have enough depth at safety and linebacker to fill a gap.

The offense is another story. The staff brought in players that could compete now at a couple of key positions, not the least of which is QB. That was the biggest priority to get us through 2021. Because of the scholarship limitations we couldn't fix this team in an instant. You also have to adapt based on who you can recruit. Rome wasn't built in a day. I fully expect this staff to recruit more for the future on offense. We already have seen that with the OL.

The only thing I'm curious about is having 5 senior WRs and we have none committed and don't appear to be recruiting them very hard.
Who am I missing? Nathan, Bowling, Scarver, Wright, #5? (Are you referring to Sean Carter, who I don’t expect to see the field?)

I have heard Thompkins plan/goal right now is to go to the nfl after this season. Not sure if you’re including him or not.

We do have Nance & McGriff coming back & I assume the staff could fill any holes with a p5 transfer. I’m also optimistic that Nyny can step in & be a dynamic slot in 2022. I’ve heard good things Van Leeuwen’s route running & hands too.

I do agree though if nothing else that depth is looking very grim with most the 2022 spots filled already.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 18th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 12:15 pm
aggies22 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

Who am I missing? Nathan, Bowling, Scarver, Wright, #5? (Are you referring to Sean Carter, who I don’t expect to see the field?)

I have heard Thompkins plan/goal right now is to go to the nfl after this season. Not sure if you’re including him or not.

We do have Nance & McGriff coming back & I assume the staff could fill any holes with a p5 transfer. I’m also optimistic that Nyny can step in & be a dynamic slot in 2022. I’ve heard good things Van Leeuwen’s route running & hands too.

I do agree though if nothing else that depth is looking very grim with most the 2022 spots filled already.
Yep. I was referring to Sean Carter, who shouldn't see the field but he is on scholarship.

I've also been told that Kyle Van Leeuwen has been impressive. Both older brothers (Travis and Zach) believe he is the best of the group. Timmy will be back from his mission the second week of August and he will join the team when they are allowed to expand the roster from 100 (the max number for fall camp) to 115.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 18th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 12:15 pm
aggies22 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

I think we'll hit the transfer portal in March and snag some push forward guys at WR.

Locked Previous topicNext topic