2015 Football Team

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

2015 Football Team

Post by USU78 » June 17th, 2021, 10:09 am

I'm having lunch with my client, who was a DE for the ewe back in the '60s, and it made me want to look at that last USU-ewe game back in '15. A couple of thoughts:

Chuckie was done. He didn't have it in his legs or in his arm any more. Lord love him for trying, but he was done.

LaJuan Hunt was a mistake. Inevitably made the wrong decision on plays. If the blockers were inside, he'd stretch it outside (and set up holding calls); in the blockers were outside, he's go inside; and no thought at all about the team speed of the other side.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
ViAggieNavyBlueAggie

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

GeoAg

Re: 2015 Football Team

Post by GeoAg » June 17th, 2021, 11:04 am

Lajuan was great in some games and not in others. If the other team had high level athletes he couldn't contribute. If not, he looked serviceable. One of the best blocking backs we've had in awhile though.

Is that the one where Tauteoli from the U (former Aggie commit) took the cheapshot at Chuckie's knee?

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » June 17th, 2021, 11:33 am

That's how I remember it.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 17th, 2021, 11:43 am

USU78 wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 10:09 am
I'm having lunch with my client, who was a DE for the ewe back in the '60s, and it made me want to look at that last USU-ewe game back in '15. A couple of thoughts:

Chuckie was done. He didn't have it in his legs or in his arm any more. Lord love him for trying, but he was done.

LaJuan Hunt was a mistake. Inevitably made the wrong decision on plays. If the blockers were inside, he'd stretch it outside (and set up holding calls); in the blockers were outside, he's go inside; and no thought at all about the team speed of the other side.
I was so impressed with Chuckie's toughness in that game. You could tell he was not the same, but he gave it his all and layed it all on the line. Love that guy.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
NVAggieAggieFBObsession

stang

Post by stang » June 17th, 2021, 12:29 pm

GeoAg wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 11:04 am
Lajuan was great in some games and not in others. If the other team had high level athletes he couldn't contribute. If not, he looked serviceable. One of the best blocking backs we've had in awhile though.

Is that the one where Tauteoli from the U (former Aggie commit) took the cheapshot at Chuckie's knee?
Lajuan had a pretty average career, but was very, very good the latter part of his final year once JLove took the reins. I don't know that there are many running backs in the country that would have been successful in that condensed, garbage short-game offense we were forced to run with Myers. Once DB's were forced to actually cover receivers more than 15 yards downfield things opened up significantly.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
AggieFBObsession

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » June 17th, 2021, 6:32 pm

The effort was sure there on both sides. But for injuries and a suspension USU's offense doesn't tank in the 2nd half and the game's closer or USU wins.

It's criminally Stoopid that the Pukies tanked this series.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic