If we play Boise to one score game

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 28th, 2021, 11:36 am

We will have alot of SEC fans that don't have a preference on how the game turns out, but will be hoping for whatever ends our game so that CBS switches to their game sooner, rather it's good or bad for us. Kind of like how we were last year hoping for Penn State VS. Indiana to get over with

If we are ahead by one possession, and have Boise driving down to take the lead and beat us(and we are all sweating it out thinking "Oh No, Here we go again") We will have the SEC fans hoping us to have another Eric Munoz moment! But in the event we are driving down to try to take the lead, similar to our lone 2006 win over Fresno, the SEC fans will be wanting us to throw the interception! In the event we are down by exactly 7 or 8 then score, they would be hoping for us to miss the PAT or 2 point attempt, but also if it's 7, hope for us to go for 2, but if it's us ahead, would want Boise to miss.

I still remember when we thought it was exciting to get a Friday night home game on ESPN against Boise, but we have gotten several since. It also was nice to get even an away game on ABC, and all the better to get a home game on the big CBS.

I for one though am not optimistic we will play Boise to a one score game, but do think we will show signs of life and hand respectably as opposed to their last two trips to Logan.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 28th, 2021, 11:52 am

No doubt Boise is the team to beat in the Mtn Division but if last year showed anything it is that Boise is beatable. They went 5-2 with a couple lopsided loses to Provo and San Jose. With the Donks also breaking in a new HC and us playing at home, things could get interesting.

Anyone have a pulse on Boise’s roster? Did they lose many contributors? Pick up any transfers?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: If we play Boise to one score game

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 29th, 2021, 8:41 am

If we play Boise to a one score game, that will be a step up from the last 20 years other than 2015. Very few games against them have even been competitive this century.

Hopefully we get better and they slip down a knotch with Avalos. Harsin was a step down from Petersen. Hopefully Avalos will take them down another level.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
JSHarvey

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 29th, 2021, 11:18 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
May 28th, 2021, 11:52 am
No doubt Boise is the team to beat in the Mtn Division but if last year showed anything it is that Boise is beatable. They went 5-2 with a couple lopsided loses to Provo and San Jose. With the Donks also breaking in a new HC and us playing at home, things could get interesting.

Anyone have a pulse on Boise’s roster? Did they lose many contributors? Pick up any transfers?
Return, qb, top rb, potentially top receiver in the conference in shakir (I believe is his name). Outside of that I’m not sure.

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » May 29th, 2021, 2:07 pm

Where is the annoying bazinga when you actually need him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » May 29th, 2021, 7:37 pm

breadysmith wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 2:07 pm
Where is the annoying bazinga when you actually need him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please dont summon the demon known as bazinga, he isn’t a resource, just likes to type
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
JSHarvey

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » June 1st, 2021, 9:25 am

Bazinga, Like flies at a cook out , ants at a picnic, mold on cheese.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
JSHarvey

bazinga22

Post by bazinga22 » June 21st, 2021, 3:49 am

BSU has recruited pretty solid, and Avalos seems to be recruiting solid so far in 2022 one of the best in G5 and picked some nice transfers from Oregon and Nebraska.I do think you guys improved with Blake as a coach compared to Gary, I don't it'll be a one score game vs BSU but i think you guys will win more than 3 games this year.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » June 22nd, 2021, 10:57 am

To me Boise is and has been the obvious marquee team in the MWC and they continue to sustain that position. Appears their institution and the game on the gridiron do well together. Bronco Head Coaches do well in Boise, not so well after they take more glamorous positions, so Boise has a legitimate system that performs.

Locked Previous topicNext topic