Book/history on USU sports

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
WasatchAggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Book/history on USU sports

Post by WasatchAggie » May 9th, 2021, 8:28 pm

Looking for a book about the history of USU sports, Romney Stadium, etc., etc. Anything out there? My Google is striking out.



bigblue32
Posts: 204
Joined: December 16th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by bigblue32 » May 10th, 2021, 11:25 am

Stats wise usustats.com is the gold standard. Also has many media guides and what not IIRC
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post:
AggieArmy



WasatchAggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by WasatchAggie » May 10th, 2021, 12:36 pm

^^^^
Thanks but I was looking for something to send as a gift. Something fancy, with glossy photographs, statistics, stories, etc.



bigblue32
Posts: 204
Joined: December 16th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by bigblue32 » May 10th, 2021, 12:42 pm

WasatchAggie wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 12:36 pm
^^^^
Thanks but I was looking for something to send as a gift. Something fancy, with glossy photographs, statistics, stories, etc.
Actually sounds like a really fun project to put together. Makes me wanna try and make something similar for myself
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post (total 2):
CastIronAggiethegreendalegelf



WasatchAggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by WasatchAggie » May 10th, 2021, 1:13 pm

I’ve struck out. I called the Athletic Department and they said nothing like this exists that they are aware of including something for media. I also called The Book Table and they had a similar response. I’m kind of surprised. Living down here in Happy Valley South, there a billion books on how “awesome” yBu is yet I can’t find one book on the Aggies? :bangwall:



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 6227
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 391 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by Mr. Sneelock » May 11th, 2021, 10:34 am

WasatchAggie wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 1:13 pm
I’ve struck out. I called the Athletic Department and they said nothing like this exists that they are aware of including something for media. I also called The Book Table and they had a similar response. I’m kind of surprised. Living down here in Happy Valley South, there a billion books on how “awesome” yBu is yet I can’t find one book on the Aggies? :bangwall:
You should write one.


Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1889
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 1203 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by JSHarvey » May 11th, 2021, 11:02 am

After some searching I've discovered (as mentioned above) such a book does not exist. There are hardly even any books about USU in general (except old year books - The Buzzer). I did find/remember one history of the University (not sports specific though), if you are interested in that just put the following into Google. "Utah State University" "A Centennial Celebration" - it will bring up a book from 1988. It is very nice, I have a copy of that book.


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 10070
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2839 times
Been thanked: 845 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by USU78 » May 11th, 2021, 11:37 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 10:34 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 1:13 pm
I’ve struck out. I called the Athletic Department and they said nothing like this exists that they are aware of including something for media. I also called The Book Table and they had a similar response. I’m kind of surprised. Living down here in Happy Valley South, there a billion books on how “awesome” yBu is yet I can’t find one book on the Aggies? :bangwall:
You should write one.
Yes, please!


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

WasatchAggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by WasatchAggie » May 11th, 2021, 9:00 pm

So, I did find two books - kind of. One is a thesis written in 1958 about Dick Romney and the other is this book, also about Romney, which I bought (which is almost as old).
https://www.thriftbooks.com/browse/?b.s ... p=30&b.oos

It is quite frustrating that a yBu player gets a touchdown and within days, there are books on how he is going to be the next Knute Rockne or Tom Brady. In contrast, USU can't even put together a 100 year history coffee table book.

Thesis:

Image
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post:
NowhereLandAggie



WasatchAggie
Posts: 621
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Book/history on USU sports

Post by WasatchAggie » May 11th, 2021, 9:10 pm

JSHarvey wrote:
May 11th, 2021, 11:02 am
After some searching I've discovered (as mentioned above) such a book does not exist. There are hardly even any books about USU in general (except old year books - The Buzzer). I did find/remember one history of the University (not sports specific though), if you are interested in that just put the following into Google. "Utah State University" "A Centennial Celebration" - it will bring up a book from 1988. It is very nice, I have a copy of that book.
^^^^
There is this too.
https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/usufacul ... graphs/53/



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic