Turf Still Available

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TheWoodshed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Turf Still Available

Post by TheWoodshed » April 27th, 2021, 9:01 am

Those of you that have been on the board for a while may remember that I had some pieces of blue Merlin Olsen Field turf that I was selling. This was back in 2012 when the new turf was installed and I procured a bunch of extra pieces that were leftover.

Anyway, I just finished my basement and, as I sorted through the accumulation of stuff, remembered that I still have a bunch of the turf left over. Unfortunately, I didn't have quite enough to use as carpeting for the basement, so my wife has given me the mandate to clear it out (apparently 9 years is too long to sit with a huge box of turf in our basement).

I have quite a bit of it left (some smaller welcome mat-sized pieces, and some larger area rug-sized pieces). Send me a PM if you're interested in some. I think I was asking $10 per sq. ft last time, so let's stick with that. Here's what it looks like:

Mr. Sneelock

Re: Turf Still Available

Post by Mr. Sneelock » April 27th, 2021, 9:23 am

Is this the "wrong" blue turf?

Formerly TulsAGGIE

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » April 27th, 2021, 9:39 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 9:23 am
No. When they installed the new field the endzones were originally solid blue and they had to cut out the wording and logos to inlay them. This is the scraps from the new field install. I've been using a large piece as a welcome mat ever since.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
Mr. Sneelock

TheWoodshed
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheWoodshed » April 27th, 2021, 9:44 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 9:39 am
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 9:23 am
No. When they installed the new field the endzones were originally solid blue and they had to cut out the wording and logos to inlay them. This is the scraps from the new field install. I've been using a large piece as a welcome mat ever since.
ProvoAggie is correct. This is the exact same blue turf that is currently in the end zones and midfield logo.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 27th, 2021, 9:57 am

Nice

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » April 28th, 2021, 12:50 pm

TheWoodshed wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 9:01 am
Those of you that have been on the board for a while may remember that I had some pieces of blue Merlin Olsen Field turf that I was selling. This was back in 2012 when the new turf was installed and I procured a bunch of extra pieces that were leftover.

Anyway, I just finished my basement and, as I sorted through the accumulation of stuff, remembered that I still have a bunch of the turf left over. Unfortunately, I didn't have quite enough to use as carpeting for the basement, so my wife has given me the mandate to clear it out (apparently 9 years is too long to sit with a huge box of turf in our basement).

I have quite a bit of it left (some smaller welcome mat-sized pieces, and some larger area rug-sized pieces). Send me a PM if you're interested in some. I think I was asking $10 per sq. ft last time, so let's stick with that. Here's what it looks like:

That is a very tiny welcome mat! :-)

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

It'sSaturdayNight

Post by It'sSaturdayNight » April 29th, 2021, 10:32 am

Just got mine! Really cool to own a piece of Merlin Olsen Field. Gonna look great next to my U-State helmet and Kyler Fackrell's game-worn gloves. Thanks Woodshed!

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » April 29th, 2021, 11:01 am

The OP just delivered my piece to me. It's going to be a great addition to the '78 household: my wife wants to use part of my piece for a welcome mat coming into the walkout basement! She's redecorating with navy ... yes, I married well.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » April 30th, 2021, 10:18 am

I have some green from the current field if anybody wants a chunk.

Locked Previous topicNext topic