Jordan Love trade rumors

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tysteve20

Jordan Love trade rumors

Post by tysteve20 » April 22nd, 2021, 7:26 am

A picture has surfaced supposedly from the packers front office that indicates Love, plus some other picks, will be traded to the Patriots on draft night for the 15th overall pick. Image

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Re: Jordan Love trade rumors

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 7:27 am

Not a Pats fan, but that seems like a pretty darn good place for a QB to get a chance under a HoF coach.

If it happens it'll definitely make people wonder even more why the Packers drafted him in the first place.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
CastIronAggie

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 22nd, 2021, 8:02 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 7:27 am
Not a Pats fan, but that seems like a pretty darn good place for a QB to get a chance under a HoF coach.

If it happens it'll definitely make people wonder even more why the Packers drafted him in the first place.
The logic is there, I think they under estimated how much Aaron Rodgers would manipulate the media against them and how much the fans would hate it.

The reason Aaron Rodgers doesn’t win Super Bowls is because unlike Tom he didn’t take less money (or didn’t for a very long time). They’d be wise to learn from the saints who are now starting either Winston or Hill.

That’s also trading down a lot of spots for a QB that NE never saw play in the nfl, and a 4th rd pick.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 22nd, 2021, 8:23 am

It always was a moronic pick for the Packers front office. The Colts were going to take him at the end of the 1st round & I wish he had just ended up going to the Colts.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 22nd, 2021, 8:30 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:It always was a moronic pick for the Packers front office. The Colts were going to take him at the end of the 1st round & I wish he had just ended up going to the Colts.
As a Packer and Aggie fan, it was idiotic. Still can’t wrap my brain around that pick. Bad for the Packers and bad for JLove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rdGenAggie

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 8:31 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 8:23 am
It always was a moronic pick for the Packers front office. The Colts were going to take him at the end of the 1st round & I wish he had just ended up going to the Colts.
I was hoping for Colts or Saints on draft night. The Colts were the better option though, given that the Saints really seem to like Taysom Hill.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

aggietime

Post by aggietime » April 22nd, 2021, 8:50 am

The Packers will get crushed by the media and fans if they give up Jordan, a first round pick, and another pick after trading up to get him in the first place. I feel for Jordan - not a fun place to be in as a player.

Are we sure the Patriots are a good landing spot for him? Outside of Tom Brady I can't think of one of their QBs who has ended up being above average. Jimmy G is the only one I can think of who has started for an extended period.

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 8:55 am

aggietime wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 8:50 am
The Packers will get crushed by the media and fans if they give up Jordan, a first round pick, and another pick after trading up to get him in the first place. I feel for Jordan - not a fun place to be in as a player.

Are we sure the Patriots are a good landing spot for him? Outside of Tom Brady I can't think of one of their QBs who has ended up being above average. Jimmy G is the only one I can think of who has started for an extended period.
Matt Cassel had a good year there too.

3rdGenAggie

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 8:58 am

Patriots back-up QBs have at least gone on to make a lot of money. Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brissett, Brian Hoyer and Jimmy G all made 7 figures on their next deal.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
aggies22

Chod

Post by Chod » April 22nd, 2021, 9:09 am

Feel bad for him - Going from one cold place to another to another. Dude can't get a break.
These users thanked the author Chod for the post:
ViAggie

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » April 22nd, 2021, 10:23 am

Love is making many millions either way, not a bad gig however it works out.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post:
ViAggie

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

88USUAggie

Post by 88USUAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 11:25 am

Am I the only one who thinks Love may never take a snap in a regular season game?

Every year he doesn't play is another year of new college QB's being drafted. I'm afraid at some point he will look like that 4 year old "new" car, that for some reason, never sold. I sure hope he gets his chance, I am sure he is doing everything he can to be ready when he does. I just hope he gets the opportunity.

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » April 22nd, 2021, 11:29 am

88USUAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 11:25 am
Am I the only one who thinks Love may never take a snap in a regular season game?

Every year he doesn't play is another year of new college QB's being drafted. I'm afraid at some point he will look like that 4 year old "new" car, that for some reason, never sold. I sure hope he gets his chance, I am sure he is doing everything he can to be ready when he does. I just hope he gets the opportunity.
making millions and not getting your brain and legs beat up.

I bet he wants to play more than any of us want him to. The dude is a competitor. I hope he gets his chance soon. If that means a trade, then so be it. I don't worry about how the Packers organization look or how their fans feel.
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post (total 5):
88USUAggie3rdGenAggieViAggieProvoAggieJSHarvey

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 12:08 pm

Too bad JLove can't end up in a warm weather City, we all know he performs better in warm weather (but not TOO warm). :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » April 22nd, 2021, 12:30 pm

Can someone explain to me the "Love can't play in cold weather" thing?
In his three year at USU in late October-November games played in historically cold places he averaged a 146.3 QB Rating and has a record of 5-6. I know, not a stellar record and but he's not totally to blame, but its not like he completely shuts down and can't play at all. What is the reasoning behind it? I genuinely want to hear everyone thoughts.

stwinward

Post by stwinward » April 22nd, 2021, 12:59 pm

tysteve20 wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 12:30 pm
In his three year at USU in late October-November games played in historically cold places he averaged a 146.3 QB Rating and has a record of 5-6. I know, not a stellar record and but he's not totally to blame, but its not like he completely shuts down and can't play at all. What is the reasoning behind it? I genuinely want to hear everyone thoughts.
You answered your own question. 5-6
These users thanked the author stwinward for the post (total 2):
USU78ViAggie

stang

Post by stang » April 22nd, 2021, 1:03 pm

88USUAggie wrote:

I would be really surprised if that's the case. I'm not going to spend the time digging and looking for it, but I'd be willing to bet that the number of quarterbacks who were taken in the first round then never took a regular season snap (barring some major injury or something) is very, very low or possibly even non-existent.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » April 22nd, 2021, 2:09 pm

aggietime wrote:

In fairness, Tom Brady was QB there for a long time, and he replaced Drew Bledsoe, who was pretty good in his own right. There have been a bunch of backups go through there, obviously, but that is a bit different as they weren't getting first round talent backup QBs.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » April 22nd, 2021, 2:24 pm

2004AG wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 8:30 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:It always was a moronic pick for the Packers front office. The Colts were going to take him at the end of the 1st round & I wish he had just ended up going to the Colts.
As a Packer and Aggie fan, it was idiotic. Still can’t wrap my brain around that pick. Bad for the Packers and bad for JLove

Fan of both, and I agree. It never made sense.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 2:40 pm

stwinward wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 12:59 pm
tysteve20 wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 12:30 pm
You answered your own question. 5-6
Bingo, also someone explain to me how we damnear lost that 2018 Colorado State game (arguably did if it wasn't for out-of-bounds gate) On paper it should have been a cakewalk, but oh no... little cold weather and BAM, stiff as a dead kitten.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

CastIronAggie

Post by CastIronAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 3:35 pm

88USUAggie wrote:

I've worried about this since he was drafted. I think you couldn't have picked a worse situation for him to go if he wanted play time. Really hope he gets traded. Totally not just because I'm a Vikings fan :sarcasm:

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » April 22nd, 2021, 4:16 pm

88USUAggie wrote:

"Jordan Love signed a 4 year, $12,383,453 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $6,566,148 signing bonus, $12,383,453 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,095,863."

I think he'll be alright no matter what happens.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post (total 3):
aggies22BLUERUFiOAggieFBObsession

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 5:15 pm

JSHarvey wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 4:16 pm
88USUAggie wrote:

"Jordan Love signed a 4 year, $12,383,453 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $6,566,148 signing bonus, $12,383,453 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,095,863."

I think he'll be alright no matter what happens.

The Green Bay Packers money seems to be the clincher on this discussion
. Hard to indict the brain trust that positioned itself in the draft to pay a so called questionable player that sort of money. Just looked at the age and wear on Aaron Rogers and it seems the arguments against Jordan Love being a solid choice are weak.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 5:39 pm

When accepting a new job offer today, they told me they were stashing me behind a guy a year or two from retirement. I told them this wasn’t the first time I’d been compared to Jordan Love.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 3):
aggies22treesap32JSHarvey

Hail Aggies!

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 22nd, 2021, 6:59 pm

CastIronAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 3:35 pm
88USUAggie wrote:

I've worried about this since he was drafted. I think you couldn't have picked a worse situation for him to go if he wanted play time. Really hope he gets traded. Totally not just because I'm a Vikings fan :sarcasm:
Finally...another Vikings fan that I can commiserate with.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
CastIronAggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 22nd, 2021, 9:27 pm

JSHarvey wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 10:23 am
Exactly, there is no reason to feel bad for Jordan. He got an awesome contract.

aggietime

Post by aggietime » April 22nd, 2021, 9:39 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 2:09 pm
aggietime wrote:

In fairness, Tom Brady was QB there for a long time, and he replaced Drew Bledsoe, who was pretty good in his own right. There have been a bunch of backups go through there, obviously, but that is a bit different as they weren't getting first round talent backup QBs.
This is a fair take. Just seems like every time one of Brady's replacements started playing much (Cassel, Jimmy G, Brisset, Newton) they were pretty "meh". Belichek is no doubt an all-time coach, but I don't see him as the QB whisperer that Shanahan is.

Someone else pointed out all those backups were on deals making 7 figures, so it's hard to be too down on them. If Love can get another big contract after his rookie deal ends he'll be living very comfortably. I'd love if he starts getting real playing time somewhere...I don't think Rodgers is going anywhere anytime soon though.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 22nd, 2021, 10:54 pm

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-n ... aft-class/

If Jordan came out this year, he'd probably the #2 QB in my opinion. Everyone is drooling over Wilson's arm talent. JLove has that while being a bigger, faster, stronger athlete. That said, he still crazy talented, highly motivated, and undoubtedly getting better every day learning from a legend and receiving NFL coaching.

He'll get his shot sooner or later.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 22nd, 2021, 11:02 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 9:27 pm
JSHarvey wrote:
Feeling bad is probably the wrong term, but money isn't everything. The kid wants to live out his dream of being an NFL quarterback. Nobody dreams of spending their career on the sideline. Hopefully he will get the chance somewhere.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » April 22nd, 2021, 11:17 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 11:02 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:
Feeling bad is probably the wrong term, but money isn't everything. The kid wants to live out his dream of being an NFL quarterback. Nobody dreams of spending their career on the sideline. Hopefully he will get the chance somewhere.
But I was assured elsewhere on this board that money IS everything, and that if someone offered to quadruple my current salary, I would forget every other aspect of my life and chase the paycheck.
Then, intellectual consistency has never been the strong point around here.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyColoraggie

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 22nd, 2021, 11:52 pm

LKGates wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 11:17 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:
But I was assured elsewhere on this board that money IS everything, and that if someone offered to quadruple my current salary, I would forget every other aspect of my life and chase the paycheck.
Well we all have different opinions on a whole range of issues. I am no fan of the current Utah coach. If you go to a hated rival, you aren't respecting USU. He could have left for any other P5 school and that would have been fine.

As for Love, sure the money is great! However, very few football players dream of just a paycheck. The paycheck is for most guys second fiddle to being a great NFL player which is obviously Love's goal. Hope he finds a place where he at least gets the opportunity. I don't know how good he'll be, but I sure hope he gets a chance to prove himself as a regular season starter for a team.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
slcagg

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm

April 22nd, 2021, 11:52 pm
LKGates wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:
Well we all have different opinions on a whole range of issues. I am no fan of the current Utah coach. If you go to a hated rival, you aren't respecting USU. He could have left for any other P5 school and that would have been fine.

As for Love, sure the money is great! However, very few football players dream of just a paycheck. The paycheck is for most guys second fiddle to being a great NFL player which is obviously Love's goal. Hope he finds a place where he at least gets the opportunity. I don't know how good he'll be, but I sure hope he gets a chance to prove himself as a regular season starter for a team.
Someone should get caught up on their BMS

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » April 25th, 2021, 9:03 am

April 22nd, 2021, 11:52 pm
LKGates wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:

I dream of money, but then I’m not in the NFL.

#hornsup!

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 25th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Check out this video. Love looks great.

These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
gomretatEl Sapo

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » April 25th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Jordan looks great in those clips, but it doesn't answer the doubts.
Can he make the right decisions, at the right time, and make those throws vs an NFL defense?
He needs camp and preseason. Show them, mr. Love. Show them. 💪

Then they'll be like, trade Love? Nah, trade Rodgers - take the savings and surround Love with greatness and get over the hump.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
ViAggieMrBiggle

Locked Previous topicNext topic