Andy Koch?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usuaggies6
Posts: 6
Joined: March 24th, 2019, 10:41 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Andy Koch?

Post by usuaggies6 » April 5th, 2021, 8:31 pm

Haven't seen him at practice anybody have any updates on him?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11428
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7417 times
Been thanked: 5091 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by aggies22 » April 5th, 2021, 10:33 pm

He's injured. No timetable on his return.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
sstrasserSlumJumAggieArmy



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11428
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7417 times
Been thanked: 5091 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by aggies22 » April 18th, 2021, 5:24 pm

I'm hearing that Andy has been medically disqualified.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
USU78



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6031
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 603 times
Been thanked: 1252 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 18th, 2021, 5:49 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 5:24 pm
I'm hearing that Andy has been medically disqualified.
Damn. That really sucks.

I remember hearing two years ago he was a sure fire nfl o-lineman with his talent.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 830
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 679 times
Been thanked: 224 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by thegreendalegelf » April 18th, 2021, 6:46 pm

Is medical disqualification permanent? Like is there any chance he could come back in the future or is it just totally done and over with?



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5794
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 864 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by Aglicious » April 18th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 5:49 pm
aggies22 wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 5:24 pm
I'm hearing that Andy has been medically disqualified.
Damn. That really sucks.

I remember hearing two years ago he was a sure fire nfl o-lineman with his talent.
Yeah, huge ouch if true. What happened to cause this from the last time he played in a game?



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6099
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 18th, 2021, 6:50 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 6:46 pm
Is medical disqualification permanent? Like is there any chance he could come back in the future or is it just totally done and over with?
Medical disqualification is generally permanent, although Marcus Moore was once medically disqualified. Still, the chances of being undisqualified are low.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
thegreendalegelf



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11428
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7417 times
Been thanked: 5091 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by aggies22 » April 18th, 2021, 7:20 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 6:46 pm
Is medical disqualification permanent? Like is there any chance he could come back in the future or is it just totally done and over with?
Not necessarily but once a kid is disqualified it's tough to regain reinstatement from the school that issued the disqualification.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6099
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 18th, 2021, 7:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 7:20 pm
thegreendalegelf wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 6:46 pm
Is medical disqualification permanent? Like is there any chance he could come back in the future or is it just totally done and over with?
Not necessarily but once a kid is disqualified it's tough to regain reinstatement from the school that issued the disqualification.
Yeah that might be how we got Marcus Moore, in that UCLA wouldn't reinstate him.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11428
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7417 times
Been thanked: 5091 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by aggies22 » April 18th, 2021, 7:52 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 7:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 7:20 pm
thegreendalegelf wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 6:46 pm
Is medical disqualification permanent? Like is there any chance he could come back in the future or is it just totally done and over with?
Not necessarily but once a kid is disqualified it's tough to regain reinstatement from the school that issued the disqualification.
Yeah that might be how we got Marcus Moore, in that UCLA wouldn't reinstate him.
Exactly. It becomes a liability issue.



pilotaggie
Posts: 799
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by pilotaggie » April 18th, 2021, 8:34 pm

When back when I had a friend at USU who was a field goal kicker. This was the BG era and I don't think we ever made a single field goal. One of those years said friend went to try out. Coaches found out he had been injured in high school even though he had recovered they wouldn't even take a look at him. Told him they didn't want to deal with any potential medical issues and thanks for talking with us.


This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

MWCFAN12
Posts: 1006
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by MWCFAN12 » April 18th, 2021, 9:09 pm

So with Koch and Izzy will we have a few spots open for late qualifiers ?



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 310
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 752 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by BustaMcNutt » April 18th, 2021, 9:15 pm

We have tons of room for the 85 scholarship limit. But a major crunch on the yearly allowance. Losing more guys is killing depth.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6099
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 18th, 2021, 10:03 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 8:34 pm
When back when I had a friend at USU who was a field goal kicker. This was the BG era and I don't think we ever made a single field goal. One of those years said friend went to try out. Coaches found out he had been injured in high school even though he had recovered they wouldn't even take a look at him. Told him they didn't want to deal with any potential medical issues and thanks for talking with us.
Not that far off from not ever, but there was one year we finally made a field goal in the 9th game. The same year we didn't have an offensive touchdown until the 5th game. We did make a 2nd field goal that year as well.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11428
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7417 times
Been thanked: 5091 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by aggies22 » April 18th, 2021, 11:13 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 9:15 pm
We have tons of room for the 85 scholarship limit. But a major crunch on the yearly allowance. Losing more guys is killing depth.
If we add anymore players to the roster they will count toward the class of 2022.



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 2033
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 303 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by AggiesForever » April 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm

If you listened to Anderson's interview after the scrimmage, he said there will be other additions to the roster. You can count on more transfers this summer. And they will be transfers eligible to come in and play immediately.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11428
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7417 times
Been thanked: 5091 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by aggies22 » April 19th, 2021, 12:24 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm
If you listened to Anderson's interview after the scrimmage, he said there will be other additions to the roster. You can count on more transfers this summer.
They are looking to add offensive linemen, defensive linemen and defensive backs.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
3rdGenAggiethegreendalegelfBLUERUFiO



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6031
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 603 times
Been thanked: 1252 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 20th, 2021, 9:41 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:24 pm
AggiesForever wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm
If you listened to Anderson's interview after the scrimmage, he said there will be other additions to the roster. You can count on more transfers this summer.
They are looking to add offensive linemen, defensive linemen and defensive backs.
I'll bet we bring in one more guy that can play "stryker" as well. I feel like the depth there behind Gilliam isn't where the staff wants it & Gilliam has gotten injured in the past.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11428
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7417 times
Been thanked: 5091 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by aggies22 » April 20th, 2021, 9:47 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 9:41 am
aggies22 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:24 pm
AggiesForever wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm
If you listened to Anderson's interview after the scrimmage, he said there will be other additions to the roster. You can count on more transfers this summer.
They are looking to add offensive linemen, defensive linemen and defensive backs.
I'll bet we bring in one more guy that can play "stryker" as well. I feel like the depth there behind Gilliam isn't where the staff wants it & Gilliam has gotten injured in the past.
That could be where one of the defensive backs that they would like to bring in would fit. Maybe they'll try and find a sophomore or junior that can be elevated to the starter once Cash graduates. Off the top of my head, I believe the depth there is Breaker Mendenhall and Kaleo Neves.



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2638
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 347 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by newhouse9 » April 20th, 2021, 10:18 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 9:47 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 9:41 am
aggies22 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:24 pm
AggiesForever wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:15 pm
If you listened to Anderson's interview after the scrimmage, he said there will be other additions to the roster. You can count on more transfers this summer.
They are looking to add offensive linemen, defensive linemen and defensive backs.
I'll bet we bring in one more guy that can play "stryker" as well. I feel like the depth there behind Gilliam isn't where the staff wants it & Gilliam has gotten injured in the past.
That could be where one of the defensive backs that they would like to bring in would fit. Maybe they'll try and find a sophomore or junior that can be elevated to the starter once Cash graduates. Off the top of my head, I believe the depth there is Breaker Mendenhall and Kaleo Neves.
Those are the two that I've seen in practice and on the brief practice videos that have been posted.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
aggies22



EVILrider
Posts: 5
Joined: April 19th, 2021, 11:21 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Andy Koch?

Post by EVILrider » April 20th, 2021, 12:26 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 7:20 pm

Not necessarily but once a kid is disqualified it's tough to regain reinstatement from the school that issued the disqualification.
This is the reason Jake Hutton ended up at Idaho State after being an all-WAC linebacker for us.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic