Week One Spring Ball Depth Chart

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
2004AG

Re: Week One Spring Ball Depth Chart

Post by 2004AG » May 28th, 2021, 1:33 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
May 28th, 2021, 12:28 pm
aggies22 wrote:
May 28th, 2021, 11:59 am
SlumJum wrote:
May 28th, 2021, 11:57 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 28th, 2021, 9:25 am
I updated my rough draft depth chart with the new additions.

I'm interested to see if you saw it different, but to me it looked like Jordan Nathan was the second string behind Mcgriff and Scarver was the other starting WR opposite Mcgriff.

I'm interested to see how the O-Line shakes out. It was tough to get a read on it with so many guys injured in the spring.
The offensive line and the secondary. Especially the cornerbacks. I've heard that Luke Marion might miss the upcoming season.
Where do Wakely and Mendenhall figure in the depth chart at safety?
Mendenhall will be playing striker. Wakely may end up back at QB. He was actually playing cornerback during spring ball once all the injuries occurred.
I hope not. That would really be wasting Wakely’s talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 29th, 2021, 9:19 am

Coach Banda, I know you're reading.

If we're going to use a 4 man front, I want 3 bigs in that group. One of the DE's can be smaller. Looking at our roster, that means only one out of Joiner, Vaughns, and Heninger would be on the field. That can't happen. So, I'd suggest we line up with Vaughns at DE on one side with Joiner behind him at LB, and on the other side Paea at DE and Rice at LB behind him . Kina Maile would be a striker on that side.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » May 29th, 2021, 10:12 am

El Sapo wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 9:19 am

If we're going to use a 4 man front, I want 3 bigs in that group. One of the DE's can be smaller. Looking at our roster, that means only one out of Joiner, Vaughns, and Heninger would be on the field. That can't happen. So, I'd suggest we line up with Vaughns at DE on one side with Joiner behind him at LB, and on the other side Paea at DE and Rice at LB behind him . Kina Maile would be a striker on that side.
4 man front with 3 bigs would be a problem with a lack of speed to the edge on one side. Maile is promising as an LB, but he isn't a striker.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
BustaMcNutt

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 29th, 2021, 1:41 pm

El Sapo wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 9:19 am

Kina is way to slow in coverage to be a striker. Cash Gilliam was really good there in the spring. Striker is perfect for him. KT Hylton will be really good here as well.

Locked Previous topicNext topic