Love this new coaching staff

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Imakeitrain

Re: Love this new coaching staff

Post by Imakeitrain » March 25th, 2021, 9:58 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 9:47 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 9:31 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 8:09 pm
This might seem like Captain Obvious but of course there has been a disconnect and problems. Have you not been around the last 2 years. We had former players trying to throw the president of the university and AD under the bus and get them fired. Mass tweeting out an obviously selectively edited video to try and destroy the athletic department.
We have a former coaches son/ player still trying to bad mouth University and AD.
And there are players that are loyal to Gary and his family that I'm sure feel similar. We had multiple players claiming racism and religious bigotry. We had a head coach say there was no opt-out option. We have a lot of crap to deal with. Most of it self inflicted.

Yes there has been a story and a problem I'm not sure how yall thought this would go. I am sure there are a lot of hard feelings out there. I think BA and staff have done a damn good job navigating a very sticky situation.
"King Wheat the 16th" isn't who I am concerned about. But before this season, I had the feeling that former players who had been NF:L guys didn't feel as welcomed- even when Gary was here- even before he claimed there was no opt-out. Maybe Turbin felt that way, but didn't it feel weird that Bobby Wagner seemed to stop saying he was from USU when they'd show the starters on TV?
Ok. I hate to be the one to break it to you but, the whole Gary 2.0 was a divisive thing from before he was hired the second time. A lot of people had a lot of feelings one way or the other about that thing. We have been a dumpster fire ever since.

And no it did not.
"Randy Moss - Rand University"
Micheal Ervin - "you already know"

To name a few. I have heard several players name high school and middle school.
All I said was there seems to be more there. It’s not the first time I’ve heard a former very successful player feel less than welcome- and it’s been there for awhile.

I don’t get why you feel the need to pretend like I’ve never heard of any of these over discussed controversies.

Even with Wagner, it just seemed that in conjunction with a statement that he said here or there he didn’t feel as welcome.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » April 10th, 2021, 5:28 pm

Is their a list of how much our assistants make?

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 10th, 2021, 9:57 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 8:57 am
Aggie19 wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 7:48 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 7:23 am
New staff does seem awesome! Hopefully we can reel some of these offers in.

The only nit I have to pick with them (and it is a small one) is the “Faith, Family, Fun” motto that keeps popping up. That slogan just hits a bit weird for a football program at a state-run educational institution. I am probably alone in thinking this, so I’ll just leave it at that.

I doubt there are many avowed atheist or agnostic recruits we are missing out on. :lol:
Maybe you could look at your nit (in the privacy of your own home of course) in a different way and think that its faith... in each other. 😁 Have fun with your nit.
Ha! I am going to choose to interpret it that way. Faith in each other!

But I was referencing the word "family" being offensive to any players or recruits who happen to be orphans. :)

But for real, the motto sounds like something out of a baptist youth summer camp, which I guess is okay. If it helps us recruit the south better, I am all for it! Just hits a little awkward to me.
We are not a private institution so we actually need to be careful. You know how sensitive people are these days. That’s why “faith in each other” is a pretty good way to describe it.

Locked Previous topicNext topic