what are the chances...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ShowMeAggie

what are the chances...

Post by ShowMeAggie » February 2nd, 2021, 12:39 pm

...that JLove is with another team next year?

consider the following report (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/form ... t-packers/), among others, that 1) Aaron Rodgers is the likely MVP for 2020, 2) AR is under contract until 2023, 3) AR *may* want to stay in GB but only if he gets a real shot at a title, which (in his mind) means better skill position players. I see AR as holding all negotiation power.

Not sure what JLove would even be worth on the open market right now, so maybe its moot at this point. I've heard that AR is kindof a douchenozzle, but even he wouldn't be so petty as to just run JL out of town if it didnt mean getting some value in return, right?!

What are you hearing/thinking...are the Pack going to keep JLove for his full rookie contract, or unload him to get AR some help? I'm getting the vibe that JL might be short for GB?? TIA...

usu99

Re: what are the chances...

Post by usu99 » February 2nd, 2021, 1:11 pm

JL will sit the bench again next year. He isn't going anywhere. They need trade proven quality not drafted possibilities anyway.

For all of your IT needs visit http://www.sidelogic.com

CanuckAggie

Post by CanuckAggie » February 2nd, 2021, 1:28 pm

I don't see any way J-Love doesn't stay a Packer. As has been alluded to above, I just don't think any team will view him as a reliable asset and nothing has really changed for Green Bay as far as why they drafted him in the first place. As a Packer fan I really hope they find a way to make some magic happen to upgrade the roster (not likely with Linsley, Turner, and Aaron Jones all likely gone), but I could see Rodgers being traded easier than I could see J-Love being packaged in a trade.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » February 2nd, 2021, 1:29 pm

Pro QB's need time on the field to develop. Either in pre-season or during the season as replacements for injured players. Love has none of this. The Packers made a good investment picking Love. Many here may disagree, but IMHO JL is not now and wasn't out of college ready to be a starter in the NFL. The Packers have the luxury of keeping Love around and letting him develop. Figure they knew that when they picked him, and that's why they will be patient.

This isn't a Mahomes /Alex Smith situation where Love is going to push Rodgers off the team no matter how big of an A-Hole he is. Maybe there will be contract issues. Who knows? It's business, and Rodgers is still "GOOD FOR BUSINESS"
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 2nd, 2021, 1:43 pm

Tim Boyle's contract expires, so hopefully Jordan gets the handoffs in garbage time of blowouts next year.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 3):
thegreendalegelfAggiePTaggies22

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » February 3rd, 2021, 1:43 am

I'm looking at this a little bit differently. Aaron Rodgers is insecure. Obviously, he's an all-time great and killed it this year BUT he knows the script (Joe Montana, Brett Farve, Alex Smith, etc.). Teams just don't draft 1st round QB's unless they have a plan to play them.

Jordan is NOT the exception. He's FREAKISHLY talented (albeit RAW) and doesn't give a $hit who he's competing against. Aaron's not blind - I'm sure he sees it every day in practice. No doubt it lit a fire under him but it will not change the inevitable, maybe it'll prolong it an extra year...
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
aggies22

Chatman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Chatman » February 3rd, 2021, 4:02 am

It’s possible that Aaron Rogers had an MVP year BECAUSE they drafted Jordan Love. Extra motivation
These users thanked the author Chatman for the post:
aggies22

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic