USU Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
travelingagg
Posts: 1127
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 10:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 50 times

USU Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by travelingagg » January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am

Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
Last edited by travelingagg on January 25th, 2021, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.


Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

Blitz79
Posts: 1467
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by Blitz79 » January 24th, 2021, 10:21 am

Probably just a reflection on the limited number of scholarships we can give out and the number of transfers we are getting.
These users thanked the author Blitz79 for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
jeffdan25
Posts: 135
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 8:37 am
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by jeffdan25 » January 24th, 2021, 10:35 am

We are only taking 3 or 4 high school kids. Transfers do not reflect on your rankings. That is why. Nothing to be concerned over at all. If all the transfers scores were counted in our class we would be close to number 1 in the conference and top 75 in the country.
These users thanked the author jeffdan25 for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiOJSHarveyaggies22



BobWilson
Posts: 884
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by BobWilson » January 24th, 2021, 11:06 am

I have to question the validity of rating recruiting classes. SJSU's classes have been rated higher that us every year we have been in the MWC. So far we have not lost a game to them.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4496
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 800 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 24th, 2021, 11:55 am

BobWilson wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 11:06 am
I have to question the validity of rating recruiting classes. SJSU's classes have been rated higher that us every year we have been in the MWC. So far we have not lost a game to them.
Considering how good they were this year, I'd believe them having higher recruiting classes than us this year. I was much more impressed with our recruiting a decade ago. That is why it is hard for me to believe Stacy Collins was the best recruiter in our history. I'll go with whoever was the most responsible for landing our 2010-2012 classes.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1354
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 469 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by Sl7vk » January 24th, 2021, 12:24 pm

The previous regime had decided that recruiting wasn't worth the effort.
Many had even stated their disdain for being on the road.

The current coaching staff is going to turn that around.



Blue Sage
Posts: 548
Joined: January 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by Blue Sage » January 24th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Wow, I had expected our class to be far better. I had heard really nice things and now there is this. The 130s isn’t going to cut it. I hope this new staff will pick up steam a lot sooner than later. We are already in the cellar and I don’t want to become a dweller.



slcagg
Posts: 6403
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1374 times
Been thanked: 1091 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by slcagg » January 24th, 2021, 12:59 pm

We are low because of our numbers. Between the number of transfers we are bringing in and really the numbers Gary left for this class it is what it is.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10714
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6646 times
Been thanked: 4094 times
Contact:

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by aggies22 » January 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm

travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
RELAX my Aggie brothers!! The fellas that are stating it's a numbers game are exactly correct. We have three high school signings, a JuCo dude, and a mission kid. When it comes to the 247 rankings system ONLY the high school and JuCo kids count toward the rankings. They DO NOT take into account the 9 push forwards from last August. They also DO NOT take into account the number of FBS transfers that been signed. Of course our numbers will look ugly when we are only able to count FIVE guys.

HOWEVER, I do have a way to figure in all of those players that have been excluded and then match them up accordingly to the current rankings. I think we'll find that we'll be near the top against Fresno State and Boise State.

As signing day gets close I'll resurrect this thread with my numbers.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
Roy McAvoyPIGSKINAGGIEHomeTown



User avatar
jeffdan25
Posts: 135
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 8:37 am
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by jeffdan25 » January 24th, 2021, 4:44 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm
travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
RELAX my Aggie brothers!! The fellas that are stating it's a numbers game are exactly correct. We have three high school signings, a JuCo dude, and a mission kid. When it comes to the 247 rankings system ONLY the high school and JuCo kids count toward the rankings. They DO NOT take into account the 9 push forwards from last August. They also DO NOT take into account the number of FBS transfers that been signed. Of course our numbers will look ugly when we are only able to count FIVE guys.

HOWEVER, I do have a way to figure in all of those players that have been excluded and then match them up accordingly to the current rankings. I think we'll find that we'll be near the top against Fresno State and Boise State.

As signing day gets close I'll resurrect this thread with my numbers.
I’m sure my guy 22 has a more accurate way of determining this but by my calculations we would be in the 160-164 range which would put us with Boise and SDSU as the top team in the conference and around the mid 60’s in the country.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5714
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 479 times
Been thanked: 959 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 24th, 2021, 4:51 pm

jeffdan25 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 4:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm
travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
RELAX my Aggie brothers!! The fellas that are stating it's a numbers game are exactly correct. We have three high school signings, a JuCo dude, and a mission kid. When it comes to the 247 rankings system ONLY the high school and JuCo kids count toward the rankings. They DO NOT take into account the 9 push forwards from last August. They also DO NOT take into account the number of FBS transfers that been signed. Of course our numbers will look ugly when we are only able to count FIVE guys.

HOWEVER, I do have a way to figure in all of those players that have been excluded and then match them up accordingly to the current rankings. I think we'll find that we'll be near the top against Fresno State and Boise State.

As signing day gets close I'll resurrect this thread with my numbers.
I’m sure my guy 22 has a more accurate way of determining this but by my calculations we would be in the 160-164 range which would put us with Boise and SDSU as the top team in the conference and around the mid 60’s in the country.
Is that including transfers for other teams too?
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
BLUERUFiO



User avatar
travelingagg
Posts: 1127
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 10:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by travelingagg » January 24th, 2021, 5:00 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm
travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
RELAX my Aggie brothers!! The fellas that are stating it's a numbers game are exactly correct. We have three high school signings, a JuCo dude, and a mission kid. When it comes to the 247 rankings system ONLY the high school and JuCo kids count toward the rankings. They DO NOT take into account the 9 push forwards from last August. They also DO NOT take into account the number of FBS transfers that been signed. Of course our numbers will look ugly when we are only able to count FIVE guys.

HOWEVER, I do have a way to figure in all of those players that have been excluded and then match them up accordingly to the current rankings. I think we'll find that we'll be near the top against Fresno State and Boise State.

As signing day gets close I'll resurrect this thread with my numbers.
That precisely the information I was looking for. Thanks, @aggies22 . I'm looking forward to your more accurate rankings when they're available.
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post:
aggies22


Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10714
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6646 times
Been thanked: 4094 times
Contact:

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by aggies22 » January 24th, 2021, 5:37 pm

jeffdan25 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 4:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm
travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
RELAX my Aggie brothers!! The fellas that are stating it's a numbers game are exactly correct. We have three high school signings, a JuCo dude, and a mission kid. When it comes to the 247 rankings system ONLY the high school and JuCo kids count toward the rankings. They DO NOT take into account the 9 push forwards from last August. They also DO NOT take into account the number of FBS transfers that been signed. Of course our numbers will look ugly when we are only able to count FIVE guys.

HOWEVER, I do have a way to figure in all of those players that have been excluded and then match them up accordingly to the current rankings. I think we'll find that we'll be near the top against Fresno State and Boise State.

As signing day gets close I'll resurrect this thread with my numbers.
I’m sure my guy 22 has a more accurate way of determining this but by my calculations we would be in the 160-164 range which would put us with Boise and SDSU as the top team in the conference and around the mid 60’s in the country.
I'm looking forward to comparing numbers bro!



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10714
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6646 times
Been thanked: 4094 times
Contact:

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by aggies22 » January 24th, 2021, 5:39 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 4:51 pm
jeffdan25 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 4:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm
travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
RELAX my Aggie brothers!! The fellas that are stating it's a numbers game are exactly correct. We have three high school signings, a JuCo dude, and a mission kid. When it comes to the 247 rankings system ONLY the high school and JuCo kids count toward the rankings. They DO NOT take into account the 9 push forwards from last August. They also DO NOT take into account the number of FBS transfers that been signed. Of course our numbers will look ugly when we are only able to count FIVE guys.

HOWEVER, I do have a way to figure in all of those players that have been excluded and then match them up accordingly to the current rankings. I think we'll find that we'll be near the top against Fresno State and Boise State.

As signing day gets close I'll resurrect this thread with my numbers.
I’m sure my guy 22 has a more accurate way of determining this but by my calculations we would be in the 160-164 range which would put us with Boise and SDSU as the top team in the conference and around the mid 60’s in the country.
Is that including transfers for other teams too?
When I do my final numbers, I'll factor in transfers with the other schools as well. I'll give an accurate report. Fresno State has done very well this off-season.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Roy McAvoyBLUERUFiO



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2647
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 1505 times
Been thanked: 171 times

Re: Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by BLUERUFiO » January 25th, 2021, 6:41 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 5:39 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 4:51 pm
jeffdan25 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 4:44 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 2:59 pm
travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
RELAX my Aggie brothers!! The fellas that are stating it's a numbers game are exactly correct. We have three high school signings, a JuCo dude, and a mission kid. When it comes to the 247 rankings system ONLY the high school and JuCo kids count toward the rankings. They DO NOT take into account the 9 push forwards from last August. They also DO NOT take into account the number of FBS transfers that been signed. Of course our numbers will look ugly when we are only able to count FIVE guys.

HOWEVER, I do have a way to figure in all of those players that have been excluded and then match them up accordingly to the current rankings. I think we'll find that we'll be near the top against Fresno State and Boise State.

As signing day gets close I'll resurrect this thread with my numbers.
I’m sure my guy 22 has a more accurate way of determining this but by my calculations we would be in the 160-164 range which would put us with Boise and SDSU as the top team in the conference and around the mid 60’s in the country.
Is that including transfers for other teams too?
When I do my final numbers, I'll factor in transfers with the other schools as well. I'll give an accurate report. Fresno State has done very well this off-season.
MVP, MVP, MVP!
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post:
AggieArmy


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17757
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: USU Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by NVAggie » January 25th, 2021, 11:40 am

I seem to recall 22 trying to correct the numbers with missionaries and such. This was several years ago. He was harshly reprimanded by the 247 crew for this. That is why I don't worry to much about the rankings from these sites. They don't put enough time into these important factors.



Aggiealum13
Posts: 268
Joined: February 3rd, 2017, 4:28 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: USU Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by Aggiealum13 » January 25th, 2021, 2:04 pm

travelingagg wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 10:18 am
Aggies22 and others in the know: I see our 2021 class is ranked 138, behind programs such as Eastern Washington, Western Kentucky, Northern Arizona, and Southern Mississippi. We're also ranked last in the Mountain West.

National / MW
2021: 138 / 12
2020: 122 / 11
2019: 90 / 4
2018: 109 / 9
2017: 104 / 9
2016: 92 / 8
2015: 96 / 5
2014: 111 / 9
2013: 109 / 10
2012: 111 / 9

By 247sports metrics, our 2021 class is the worst we've seen since Utah State joined the MWC. Is there reason to be concerned with the visible slide?
That's what happens when you lose a coach midway through the season with his commits looking elsewhere or change their minds after committing to Utah State, and having a 1-6 record doesn't help either even though this season with the MWC along with the PAC 12 starting so late felt more like exhibition games. But if you factor in the rating stars of the incoming transfers then we would be higher than 138. Probably not better than 100 but close.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10714
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6646 times
Been thanked: 4094 times
Contact:

Re: USU Ranked 138th best recruiting class in 2021

Post by aggies22 » January 25th, 2021, 2:36 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 11:40 am
I seem to recall 22 trying to correct the numbers with missionaries and such. This was several years ago. He was harshly reprimanded by the 247 crew for this. That is why I don't worry to much about the rankings from these sites. They don't put enough time into these important factors.
That is a true story my Aggie brother.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic