SDSU/BSU to the AAC?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Imakeitrain

Re: SDSU/BSU to the AAC?

Post by Imakeitrain » January 16th, 2021, 11:40 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 2:05 pm
And this is why the mwc should be trying their best to get BYU and Houston and maybe 1-2 more if necessary. However our AD doesn’t seem to think towards the future.

And yea oleblu I’m aware they probably wouldn’t come but we still should be having those conversations and showing SDSU Boise and others that it’s a possibility without all the travel costs.

How would they be “guaranteed a spot”? Right now not even the SEC is "guaranteed" a spot. What is the logic that they would then guarantee the AAC a spot?

I'm not sure there is any combination of G5 teams that would make a fully competitive power conference. If you took the best G5 team from all of the G5 schools and the best team from a P5 conference and then matched up on down the list- the P5 conference would probably be better.

I'm not convinced this is anything more than a sports talk radio guy hoping for the best and making headlines. There isn't a world in where the powers that be value the AAC the same as they do the Big 12, PAC 12 or ACC- and certainly not the B1G or SEC. It's a pipe dream.

“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic