Verdict on Cockett to be released Friday

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Roy McAvoy

Re: Verdict on Cockett to be released Friday

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 14th, 2021, 4:47 pm

I have a feeling the investigation will find Cockett didn't do what she was fully accused of and will keep her job. Call it a hunch.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
USU78

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 14th, 2021, 5:47 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:47 pm
I have a feeling the investigation will find Cockett didn't do what she was fully accused of and will keep her job. Call it a hunch.
Probably accurate. I'm guessing she misspoke to a group of players where emotions were extremely high, but certainly didn't have ill intent. Maile's ethnicity or religion weren't why he wasn't chosen. His resume just isn't good enough.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 14th, 2021, 6:12 pm

inconspicuous wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 2:16 pm
USU78 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 1:36 pm
When one looks back at the idiocy one engaged in, believed, was convinced of, accepted without equivocation because of who was speaking, bought despite all evidence to the contrary, married, didn't marry, said, believed one heard when one didn't, remembered exactly -- exactly wrong, and lost every time playing "telephone," it's easy to see how 20+ guys could get it exactly wrong. We've all been there. It's not a question of judging individuals. It's recognizing the human condition.
I am not saying that I cannot see how they get it wrong, but you really think this counts for all 20+ somethings because you are looking back at the things you did in your past?
To me all 20 somethings are rather to get it right than one 50+ something, not saying that happened here just believe for whatever reason people have a hard time to take the players word because they cannot picture that they are telling the truth.
I get why you would think that, but group dynamics alone can account for it.

Is not a man better than a town?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » January 14th, 2021, 9:21 pm

Is there an actual press conference scheduled or are they just releasing a statement? Sounds like the latter in the article.

If there is an actual press conference, what time is it?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » January 14th, 2021, 9:53 pm

I wouldn't expect answers here. This is an internal investigation. With lawyers looking for an opportunity to go after them, they won't say anything that puts them at risk.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
USU78

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » January 15th, 2021, 11:08 am

Once the investigation is completed the parties involved have a minimum of 2 weeks to respond, Sooooo.

It ain't ova yet.

“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » January 15th, 2021, 12:22 pm

It's been released.
https://www.usu.edu/today/story/usu-boa ... K4VnMuzgYU
“We conclude that neither Pres. Cockett nor Hartwell expressly stated that their ‘primary concern’ about Coach Maile was his religious or cultural background, nor that his background would disqualify him as a coaching candidate. Instead, we conclude that the inclusivity concerns raised by Pres. Cockett were designed to promote a discussion with athletes about the degree to which they felt included and welcomed at Utah State. Unfortunately, likely due to some of the complicating factors expressed above, Pres. Cockett’s intent was not effectively communicated to or understood by the athletes, who genuinely felt that Pres. Cockett’s general concerns about inclusivity expressed or implied reservations about Coach Maile.”
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
ChowderAggie

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 15th, 2021, 12:41 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:It's been released.
https://www.usu.edu/today/story/usu-boa ... K4VnMuzgYU
“We conclude that neither Pres. Cockett nor Hartwell expressly stated that their ‘primary concern’ about Coach Maile was his religious or cultural background, nor that his background would disqualify him as a coaching candidate. Instead, we conclude that the inclusivity concerns raised by Pres. Cockett were designed to promote a discussion with athletes about the degree to which they felt included and welcomed at Utah State. Unfortunately, likely due to some of the complicating factors expressed above, Pres. Cockett’s intent was not effectively communicated to or understood by the athletes, who genuinely felt that Pres. Cockett’s general concerns about inclusivity expressed or implied reservations about Coach Maile.”
Yeah, no surprise there. Happy to have this all in the rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author BleedAggieBlue0 for the post:
ShowMeAggie

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » January 15th, 2021, 12:48 pm

Frank Maile saying "What has he done?", in response to the hiring of Blake Anderson was kinda douchey. I'm pretty sure that if you're in the coaching profession or even a relatively alert college football fan, you would have known that Anderson's wife had recently died from cancer. Good riddance.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 15th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Ahbye wrote:Frank Maile saying "What has he done?", in response to the hiring of Blake Anderson was kinda douchey. I'm pretty sure that if you're in the coaching profession or even a relatively alert college football fan, you would have known that Anderson's wife had recently died from cancer. Good riddance.
Woah, I missed him saying that. What a weird thing to say about someone who’s been a successful HC

GA_Aggie

Post by GA_Aggie » January 15th, 2021, 12:58 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:57 pm
Ahbye wrote:Frank Maile saying "What has he done?", in response to the hiring of Blake Anderson was kinda douchey. I'm pretty sure that if you're in the coaching profession or even a relatively alert college football fan, you would have known that Anderson's wife had recently died from cancer. Good riddance.
Woah, I missed him saying that. What a weird thing to say about someone who’s been a successful HC

It’s in the full report.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 15th, 2021, 1:02 pm

GA_Aggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

It’s in the full report.
Oh thanks, whatever I clicked on and read didn’t have quotes.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » January 15th, 2021, 1:19 pm

It's clear that Frank has very little self awareness.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 15th, 2021, 1:31 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
GA_Aggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

It’s in the full report.
Oh thanks, whatever I clicked on and read didn’t have quotes.

Ah I see the report link in the usu release now, I’m at work so I can’t read it yet!
Really odd thing to say by Frank.

coolag

Post by coolag » January 15th, 2021, 2:56 pm

Ahbye wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:48 pm
Frank Maile saying "What has he done?", in response to the hiring of Blake Anderson was kinda douchey. I'm pretty sure that if you're in the coaching profession or even a relatively alert college football fan, you would have known that Anderson's wife had recently died from cancer. Good riddance.
And I would ask the same about Maile. What have you done?
These users thanked the author coolag for the post (total 2):
2004AGSl7vk

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » January 15th, 2021, 3:13 pm

coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 2:56 pm
Ahbye wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:48 pm
And I would ask the same about Maile. What have you done?
He forfeited a game! I bet Coach Anderson hasn't done that.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post:
Sl7vk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic