Where is Damuni in all of this?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Imakeitrain

Where is Damuni in all of this?

Post by Imakeitrain » December 31st, 2020, 10:05 am

He can either be a great asset in repairing things- other than not pushing harder to get his son be an Aggie

but I’m also suspicious of him of potentially being the person who had the recording of Hartwell- only because I don’t believe Wheat obtained it on his own- and I do believe that you’d need that type of level of access to get that recording.

And this is the type of largely baseless speculation that arises when you try to make accusations and then hide information.

But seriously: where is he? Is he stepping up to bridge the tension?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Where is Damuni in all of this?

Post by aggies22 » December 31st, 2020, 10:29 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 10:05 am
He can either be a great asset in repairing things- other than not pushing harder to get his son be an Aggie

but I’m also suspicious of him of potentially being the person who had the recording of Hartwell- only because I don’t believe Wheat obtained it on his own- and I do believe that you’d need that type of level of access to get that recording.

And this is the type of largely baseless speculation that arises when you try to make accusations and then hide information.

He's on the academics side of things. The only job Waqa has is to keep our guys eligible and make sure they graduate. I feel like I know Waqa pretty well. I would be SHOCKED if he were the one that recorded this conversation. I suspect Dee Jones knows who the culprit is which is why it disappeared so quickly.
Last edited by aggies22 on December 31st, 2020, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 31st, 2020, 10:31 am

Imakeitrain wrote:He can either be a great asset in repairing things- other than not pushing harder to get his son be an Aggie

He’s such a huge True Blooded Aggie that he sends his kids anywhere but Utah State. Is that the guy you’re talking about ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 31st, 2020, 10:34 am

2004AG wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 10:31 am
Imakeitrain wrote:He can either be a great asset in repairing things- other than not pushing harder to get his son be an Aggie

He’s such a huge True Blooded Aggie that he sends his kids anywhere but Utah State. Is that the guy you’re talking about ?

One son went to Stanford, another is going to Idaho State and a third signed with byu because he was too far down our recruiting big board. If you don't like that Jovesa is going to byu, ask Gary why we didn't try harder.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » December 31st, 2020, 10:37 am

2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 3):
aggies22oleblu111Full

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 31st, 2020, 10:40 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....
I know, I know, I know,

I hate byu really bad so when they come to cache valley and steal one of our coaches kids, it really pisses me off.

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
ratofallaggies

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 31st, 2020, 10:41 am

2004AG wrote:

I always laugh at these posts. My parents were huge Utah fans, my Uncle was a Dean and BYU. I love my family but you could not have paid me enough to go to those school. I wanted to live my own life so I went to USU. Had my parents worked at the U, I would have been even more against going there. Just because someones kids do not go to the school they work at or are fans does not make the parents less of a fan or bad at their job.

Having spent quite a bit of time around college campuses it is pretty rare for kids of faculty members to go to the school their parents work at.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttAggieBlues

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 31st, 2020, 12:04 pm

Ultimately he can’t control where his kids go...and if my kid had a scholarship to Stanford I’m not going to push Usu that hard.

I’d just like to know if he’s building a bridge. He’s in a good position in the Athletics Department. I’d hope for him to be a visible part of the solution

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 31st, 2020, 12:31 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 12:04 pm
Ultimately he can’t control where his kids go...and if my kid had a scholarship to Stanford I’m not going to push Usu that hard.

I’d just like to know if he’s building a bridge. He’s in a good position in the Athletics Department. I’d hope for him to be a visible part of the solution
You want him to be a solution to what problem? What bridge does he need to build?
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
splintorb

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » December 31st, 2020, 12:35 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 10:37 am
2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....
Exactly, this is a garbage take. I grew up in Ogden, my father worked in administration at Weber State and later became a professor there. We had season BBall and FB tickets my entire childhood (my father still has them) and I was a huge fan. When I got old enough to leave the nest and go to college, I wanted nothing to do with staying home and going to the college my father works at. Plus you factor in the fact of STANFORD FREAKING UNIVERSITY and who wouldn't take advantage of an opportunity to play AND get an education there ON SCHOLARSHIP. Because of my love of USU I can see why SOME people would want to stay home and go there as well, but I think it's trash to bag on Waqa or his kids for making different choices in life than you may have.

apo

Post by apo » December 31st, 2020, 12:53 pm

I taught his Stanford son while he was in high school. He was such an upstanding kid. The whole family emanates sincerity, compassion, and hard work. It’s easy to throw people’s names in the mud when you don’t know them.
These users thanked the author apo for the post (total 4):
aggies22AggieBluesBLUERUFiOcrazywookie

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 31st, 2020, 1:10 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:

This post is clear garbage
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
oleblu111

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 31st, 2020, 1:32 pm

tetonaggie wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 12:35 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....
Exactly, this is a garbage take. I grew up in Ogden, my father worked in administration at Weber State and later became a professor there. We had season BBall and FB tickets my entire childhood (my father still has them) and I was a huge fan. When I got old enough to leave the nest and go to college, I wanted nothing to do with staying home and going to the college my father works at. Plus you factor in the fact of STANFORD FREAKING UNIVERSITY and who wouldn't take advantage of an opportunity to play AND get an education there ON SCHOLARSHIP. Because of my love of USU I can see why SOME people would want to stay home and go there as well, but I think it's trash to bag on Waqa or his kids for making different choices in life than you may have.
Relax. It was a joke. I'm sure Waqa is a really great guy. (besides, what I said was factual. His kids don't come to Utah State, even though he is an amazing, really great, true blooded Aggie, bleeds blue through and through)

It just seems like we're the only school where kids want to leave the shadow of their parents. Just once I'd like a "byu kid" to do it. byu recruits and kids of byu fans seem to be more loyal than Aggie fans, which is probably why they have a much higher winning program than we do. I live in Utah county and have a connections to high school recruiting in Utah county and every last kid down here has blinders on to everything and everybody but byu. Its discouraging when we can't even keep kids that have been connected to the program their entire lives committed. Byu certainly doesn't have that problem. If one of my 4 boys is good enough to play college football, byu would not even be allowed in my house. I'd have to listen to Stanford though. :noidea:

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 31st, 2020, 2:01 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 1:32 pm
tetonaggie wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....
Relax. It was a joke. I'm sure Waqa is a really great guy. (besides, what I said was factual. His kids don't come to Utah State, even though he is an amazing, really great, true blooded Aggie, bleeds blue through and through)

It just seems like we're the only school where kids want to leave the shadow of their parents. Just once I'd like a "byu kid" to do it. byu recruits and kids of byu fans seem to be more loyal than Aggie fans, which is probably why they have a much higher winning program than we do. I live in Utah county and have a connections to high school recruiting in Utah county and every last kid down here has blinders on to everything and everybody but byu. Its discouraging when we can't even keep kids that have been connected to the program their entire lives committed. Byu certainly doesn't have that problem. If one of my 4 boys is good enough to play college football, byu would not even be allowed in my house. I'd have to listen to Stanford though. :noidea:
Dax Raymond and the Van Leeuwen boys.

AggieBlues

Post by AggieBlues » December 31st, 2020, 2:35 pm

2004AG wrote:
tetonaggie wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....

When you find yourself digging a deep hole, stop digging.

The amount of energy necessary to refute bull pucky is an order of magnitude greater than to produce it.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 31st, 2020, 2:46 pm

GeoAg wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 1:10 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

I don’t think asking for accountability is garbage- not only because he’s a public servant but also because the department asks me for a non insignificant (to me) amount of money every now & then.

Of course it’s speculation. I as a fan want to know how the solution is working- and Damuni can be part of the solution.

The only person to blame for speculation are the people that leak just enough information for there to be speculation but not enough for people to do anything but speculate.

The primary reason I am suspicious is because is someone that is upper level enough to be in the room. There is a 0% chance that Alex wheat obtained that video on his own. That makes him, others in the ad and coaches- up to and including Gary down to and including GAs suspects.

If the ad knows who it is- great! But until there is accountability and transparency, it’s their own fault.

Someone somewhere is obviously not who people thought they were. Maybe it’s cockett, maybe she’s a klan wizard who hates Mormons and Polynesians. Maybe it’s Hartwell. That’s the problem with vague statements that lack of specifics: it’s only purpose is speculation. If you don’t like it- you should demand more accountability and transparency.

But no one is allowed to question anyone because someone knows cockett, someone knows Maile and knows they’d “neeeeeever” do anything like it. Someone did something. And just assuming people are innocent is just as wrong as assuming they’re guilty.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 31st, 2020, 2:48 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 2:01 pm
2004AG wrote:
tetonaggie wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....

Did byu offer and recruit them though?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 31st, 2020, 6:43 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 2:48 pm
aggies22 wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 2:01 pm
2004AG wrote:
tetonaggie wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This is garbage....

Did byu offer and recruit them though?
It's been awhile but I'm pretty sure they offered Dax and Travis.
Last edited by aggies22 on December 31st, 2020, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coolag

Post by coolag » December 31st, 2020, 7:20 pm

2004 makes a good point I think. You would think that just by luck or whatever that one of the 300 kaufusi or reynolds brothers would have make their way to Logan at some point. But the BYU pull is strong and I hate to say it but their legacy families are much more loyal than ours.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Regulator of Class

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 31st, 2020, 7:42 pm

coolag wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 7:20 pm
2004 makes a good point I think. You would think that just by luck or whatever that one of the 300 kaufusi or reynolds brothers would have make their way to Logan at some point. But the BYU pull is strong and I hate to say it but their legacy families are much more loyal than ours.
While the point is true, they did have one Kaufusi transfer to Utah.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 31st, 2020, 9:37 pm

So what is Damuni supposed to do?

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » January 1st, 2021, 1:54 pm

Hartwell.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 3):
oleblu111USU78Imakeitrain

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 1st, 2021, 2:03 pm

The best way to deal with a possible discrimination issue at a university is for all of the idiotic fans to place responsibility on all Polynesian employees to help the university save face.

Hilarious.

The hoops this board has jumped through to place blame on Waqa and Frank...

These users thanked the author BleedAggieBlue0 for the post:
Ag1918

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 1st, 2021, 2:06 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

I don’t think asking for accountability is garbage- not only because he’s a public servant but also because the department asks me for a non insignificant (to me) amount of money every now & then.

Of course it’s speculation. I as a fan want to know how the solution is working- and Damuni can be part of the solution.

The only person to blame for speculation are the people that leak just enough information for there to be speculation but not enough for people to do anything but speculate.

The primary reason I am suspicious is because is someone that is upper level enough to be in the room. There is a 0% chance that Alex wheat obtained that video on his own. That makes him, others in the ad and coaches- up to and including Gary down to and including GAs suspects.

If the ad knows who it is- great! But until there is accountability and transparency, it’s their own fault.

Someone somewhere is obviously not who people thought they were. Maybe it’s cockett, maybe she’s a klan wizard who hates Mormons and Polynesians. Maybe it’s Hartwell. That’s the problem with vague statements that lack of specifics: it’s only purpose is speculation. If you don’t like it- you should demand more accountability and transparency.

But no one is allowed to question anyone because someone knows cockett, someone knows Maile and knows they’d “neeeeeever” do anything like it. Someone did something. And just assuming people are innocent is just as wrong as assuming they’re guilty.
What are you asking Waqa to be held accountable for?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 1st, 2021, 2:08 pm

Ahbye wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 1:54 pm
Hartwell.
Did you intend this cryptic one word post to be as ominous as I am interpreting it? :shock:

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 1st, 2021, 2:11 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Hartwell.
Did you intend this cryptic one word post to be as ominous as I am interpreting it? :shock:
He couldn’t have done anything wrong. The players are liars. This was a targeted hit job. Frank should’ve fixed all of this for his bosses.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 1st, 2021, 3:13 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:The best way to deal with a possible discrimination issue at a university is for all of the idiotic fans to place responsibility on all Polynesian employees to help the university save face.

Hilarious.

By “idiots fanS”, did you mean ONE fan (imakeitrain) who asked a question what role Waqa has/is playing in this ?

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 1st, 2021, 3:15 pm

2004AG wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:The best way to deal with a possible discrimination issue at a university is for all of the idiotic fans to place responsibility on all Polynesian employees to help the university save face.

Hilarious.

By “idiots fanS”, did you mean ONE fan (imakeitrain) who asked a question what role Waqa has/is playing in this ?

I mean every single poster on this board that has placed blame on Frank, the players, ex-players, and really anyone else involved- because you guys have absolutely no idea who did what or why.

These users thanked the author BleedAggieBlue0 for the post (total 2):
Ag1918oleblu111

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » January 1st, 2021, 5:48 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 3:15 pm
2004AG wrote:

Hilarious.

I mean every single poster on this board that has placed blame on Frank, the players, ex-players, and really anyone else involved- because you guys have absolutely no idea who did what or why.

Sounds like you know have an idea of who did what or why.
But let me guess, you can't say nothing....

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 1st, 2021, 5:49 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 3:15 pm
2004AG wrote:

Hilarious.

Sounds like you know have an idea of who did what or why.
But let me guess, you can't say nothing....
No, sorry. I have absolutely no idea what happened or what anyone’s motives are.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 1st, 2021, 6:23 pm

:shock:
Ahbye wrote:
Hartwell.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » January 1st, 2021, 8:33 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 2:06 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

To answer this post: The athletics department should be accountable to all stakeholders. He's an employee of the athletics department.

To respond to your ad hominem:

My initial questions (1. Could he have been involved and 2. Where does he stand) were largely answered by two other posters on this board whom I respect.

When there is obviously a bad actor it's perfectly reasonable to be suspicious of anyone. That bad actor could either be Cockett, a coach, or someone in the AD.... those are the people that are either accused of being a bigot (Cockett) or have the means and motive to film and publish embarrassing information about Hartwell- and have the ability to influence the team to not play.

So I asked the question. I received as good of an answer as I'm going to get. Then I moved on. But there is nothing wrong with asking.

This is why Utahns are so prone to get taken advantage of in affinity fraud. Utahns aren't nearly suspicious enough. I remember being in the library and people would leave thousands of dollars of property completely unattended.

It's actually really dangerous. The attitude of "I know X and because my experience with X is different he must be innocent" is how rape culture exists. It's how insider threats attempt to breach national security, etc.

You should be more suspicious.

stwinward

Post by stwinward » January 1st, 2021, 10:56 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 8:33 pm
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

To answer this post: The athletics department should be accountable to all stakeholders. He's an employee of the athletics department.

My initial questions (1. Could he have been involved and 2. Where does he stand) were largely answered by two other posters on this board whom I respect.

When there is obviously a bad actor it's perfectly reasonable to be suspicious of anyone. That bad actor could either be Cockett, a coach, or someone in the AD.... those are the people that are either accused of being a bigot (Cockett) or have the means and motive to film and publish embarrassing information about Hartwell- and have the ability to influence the team to not play.

So I asked the question. I received as good of an answer as I'm going to get. Then I moved on. But there is nothing wrong with asking.

This is why Utahns are so prone to get taken advantage of in affinity fraud. Utahns aren't nearly suspicious enough. I remember being in the library and people would leave thousands of dollars of property completely unattended.

It's actually really dangerous. The attitude of "I know X and because my experience with X is different he must be innocent" is how rape culture exists. It's how insider threats attempt to breach national security, etc.

Not to be too Pollyanna ish, but where's the fun in that. The time and stress I've saved in life by not suspecting everyone of everything way more than makes up for the few times I've been burned. I still lament the loss of a Walkman from an unlocked car in Pocatello though.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » January 1st, 2021, 11:28 pm

stwinward wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 10:56 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Not to be too Pollyanna ish, but where's the fun in that. The time and stress I've saved in life by not suspecting everyone of everything way more than makes up for the few times I've been burned. I still lament the loss of a Walkman from an unlocked car in Pocatello though.
In normal times I’d agree- and that’s not being a Pollyanna. Suspicion without reason is paranoia. But given the situation I think that is reason for being suspicious. Someone along the line is misbehaving.

We either have a racist at the head of our university OR someone is trying really hard to ruin careers and harm the university. I think that justifies suspicion.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 2nd, 2021, 7:53 am

stwinward wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 10:56 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

I appreciate your stress-free way of living, but I would suggest locking your car as it likely won't increase your stress and will prevent the theft of your beloved walkman.

Locked Previous topicNext topic