Interesting Development

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
RexburgAggie
Posts: 9
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 5:19 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Interesting Development

Post by RexburgAggie » December 26th, 2020, 1:16 am

I have a family member very close to the program who shared some interesting details with me.

With Boise eyeing a move to the AAC there were two teams recommended by the AAC should come with them to help bring in some teams in the west. The two teams mentioned were BYU and Utah State! What are your guys’ thoughts on this? I personally don’t think we are strong enough to compete in the American seeing as we are middle tier team in the MW. I was told that getting BYU would bring in a large TV network, and the AAC wanted some rivals of BSU to come with. They are keeping this close to the vest for obvious reasons, but it looks like once BSU finds a place for its other sports we may be looking at a similar situation. Once BSU leaves the conference we are going to lose a ton of respect. I think this would be our only option to improve our program.
These users thanked the author RexburgAggie for the post:
aggies22



swordsman1989
Posts: 1169
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by swordsman1989 » December 26th, 2020, 2:10 am

Meh...

I like the MWC. I like playing Wyoming, CSU, Air Force, New Mexico, Nevada, etc. I am also not a fan of selling out all of the other sports just so the football team can still be a member of a G5 conference with very few regional rivals. Now if the AAC were willing to perhaps throw another MWC school into the mix, like Colorado State, and make this an all sports invite, I would be much more willing to go along. You could even have BYU leave its other sports in the WCC, and keep Wichita State as its non-football replacement.

Imagine this:
EAST
Central Florida
Cincinnati
East Carolina
Memphis
South Florida
Temple
Tulane

WEST
Boise State
BYU/Wichita State
Colorado State
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Utah State

That I could get on board with.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1386
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 1223 times
Been thanked: 508 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 26th, 2020, 7:03 am

Yeah, I don't know.

First, I don't know why they'd consider USU over CSU based on a resource perspective. I guess USU has had better success in football over the last ten years. Maybe more than anyone in the conference with the obvious exception of Boise.

Second, I don't know if it's a good move for USU. What will happen with the other sports? I don't want basketball to go under because of this. MW is our best option out west. Honestly, the AAC is probably as good a basketball conference, but it sounds like we're talking a football only situation. I agree with the swordsman, if there was a scenario where several western teams become full members, that would be interesting. The one flaw in his plan I think is that Navy is a football member, so there would be 15 teams in the proposed conference.

Third, I like the regional rivalries. It's good for fans traveling to get to UNLV or Wyoming or even the California schools because it's a nice plan to vacation. Traveling would suck. Also, how much would travel expenses increase?

On the other hand... we would upgrade the football conference for sure. I don't know what it is, but there are several schools in our conference incapable of improving. UNM and UNLV specifically come to mind. I think Wyoming is at their ceiling right now, good, but not great. CSU has been underwhelming since as long as I can remember despite having one of the bigger budgets in the conference. Air Force is what it always is, basically in the same boat as Wyoming.

So ultimately, we should do what's best for USU. I'm skeptical that USU is being considered an invitation to the AAC anyway, but it's something fun to talk about while we're all bored.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
aggies22



swordsman1989
Posts: 1169
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by swordsman1989 » December 26th, 2020, 7:22 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 7:03 am
Yeah, I don't know.

First, I don't know why they'd consider USU over CSU based on a resource perspective. I guess USU has had better success in football over the last ten years. Maybe more than anyone in the conference with the obvious exception of Boise.

Second, I don't know if it's a good move for USU. What will happen with the other sports? I don't want basketball to go under because of this. MW is our best option out west. Honestly, the AAC is probably as good a basketball conference, but it sounds like we're talking a football only situation. I agree with the swordsman, if there was a scenario where several western teams become full members, that would be interesting. The one flaw in his plan I think is that Navy is a football member, so there would be 15 teams in the proposed conference.

Third, I like the regional rivalries. It's good for fans traveling to get to UNLV or Wyoming or even the California schools because it's a nice plan to vacation. Traveling would suck. Also, how much would travel expenses increase?

On the other hand... we would upgrade the football conference for sure. I don't know what it is, but there are several schools in our conference incapable of improving. UNM and UNLV specifically come to mind. I think Wyoming is at their ceiling right now, good, but not great. CSU has been underwhelming since as long as I can remember despite having one of the bigger budgets in the conference. Air Force is what it always is, basically in the same boat as Wyoming.

So ultimately, we should do what's best for USU. I'm skeptical that USU is being considered an invitation to the AAC anyway, but it's something fun to talk about while we're all bored.
Ah, I forgot that Navy was a football member of the AAC. I guess if there were a workable way to make 16 football members, you could bring along Air Force in the west to balance it out.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



...
Posts: 41
Joined: December 4th, 2020, 8:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by ... » December 26th, 2020, 7:43 am

RexburgAggie wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 1:16 am
I have a family member very close to the program who shared some interesting details with me.

With Boise eyeing a move to the AAC there were two teams recommended by the AAC should come with them to help bring in some teams in the west. The two teams mentioned were BYU and Utah State! What are your guys’ thoughts on this? I personally don’t think we are strong enough to compete in the American seeing as we are middle tier team in the MW. I was told that getting BYU would bring in a large TV network, and the AAC wanted some rivals of BSU to come with. They are keeping this close to the vest for obvious reasons, but it looks like once BSU finds a place for its other sports we may be looking at a similar situation. Once BSU leaves the conference we are going to lose a ton of respect. I think this would be our only option to improve our program.
Don’t get your hopes up, I don’t have any insider info but I’m sure it was brought up. I’m sure it’s because of travel. East teams can come west and bus to three games fairly easily. That is the only reason why we would be considered (travel) and we’ve had success in football.

Three immediate problems. Boise is down in football with no HC and no AD. USU is down with football. BYU will probably not do it.

It’s also not a long term fit for us. WTF would we want to play east carolina?
These users thanked the author ... for the post:
Stewie Griffin



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2289
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 26th, 2020, 7:46 am

This league proposal appears way too elastic and without steady and established regional rivals. The old WAC tried a 16 school alignment and the results were catastrophic. I like the MWC with historic rivalries and meaningful competition.

The cynic in me notes if we can't currently figure out how to fill up our football stadium with MWC league games, then how could we expect to fill it with names of schools we've just read about, and then we have the non rev and TITLE 9 (financial death) sports to shuttle about as they perform in front of fans disguised as empty seats.

Stay in the MWC and away from BYU.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
USU78



...
Posts: 41
Joined: December 4th, 2020, 8:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by ... » December 26th, 2020, 7:54 am

... wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 7:43 am
RexburgAggie wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 1:16 am
I have a family member very close to the program who shared some interesting details with me.

With Boise eyeing a move to the AAC there were two teams recommended by the AAC should come with them to help bring in some teams in the west. The two teams mentioned were BYU and Utah State! What are your guys’ thoughts on this? I personally don’t think we are strong enough to compete in the American seeing as we are middle tier team in the MW. I was told that getting BYU would bring in a large TV network, and the AAC wanted some rivals of BSU to come with. They are keeping this close to the vest for obvious reasons, but it looks like once BSU finds a place for its other sports we may be looking at a similar situation. Once BSU leaves the conference we are going to lose a ton of respect. I think this would be our only option to improve our program.
Don’t get your hopes up, I don’t have any insider info but I’m sure it was brought up. I’m sure it’s because of travel. East teams can come west and bus to three games fairly easily. That is the only reason why we would be considered (travel) and we’ve had success in football.

Three immediate problems. Boise is down in football with no HC and no AD. USU is down with football. BYU will probably not do it.

It’s also not a long term fit for us. WTF would we want to play east carolina?
Someone mentioned we couldn’t compete and I think that’s false. The AAC does not have a better football product than we do. We would be fine.
These users thanked the author ... for the post:
BustaMcNutt



User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4168
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by AndroidAggie » December 26th, 2020, 8:02 am

I like playing new Mexico, Colorado state, Nevada, and Wyoming. Business is business, I get that, but I prefer the mwc
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 2):
FullAggieBlues



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5994
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 587 times
Been thanked: 1205 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 26th, 2020, 8:03 am

#1- I don’t really buy it.

#2- If true, I don’t like it. Seems like a scenario where usu gets left out in the cold waiting to happen due to it imploding. The travel would also be insane.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
LKGates



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 692
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 26th, 2020, 8:06 am

If BSU were to Leave to MWC we'd need to seriously consider bolting if asked to join. I hope BSU doesn't because it will not get their program to were they want it to be. Most the teams in the MWC are better than those in the AAC



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15788
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 466 times
Been thanked: 887 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by brownjeans » December 26th, 2020, 8:06 am

The AAC thinks they can strengthen the conference and get an auto bid to a NY6 bowl - they can't.

Only way this would be worth it is if it more than doubles our revenue
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttSlim80



swordsman1989
Posts: 1169
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by swordsman1989 » December 26th, 2020, 8:15 am

I honestly don't see what the AAC gets out of it. They are already considered the premier G5 conference, and the States they have a presence in (for football) is the largest of any conference at 107.7 million people (the ACC has the second largest at 100.3 million). BYU might bring in a little bit of market value, but I doubt the increase, split among 14 members, will be too tempting. Despite what the Mormon church PR department likes to tout, its presence and cultural influence outside of the so-called "Mormon Corridor" is tiny at best, so BYU is not the draw they think it is (comparatively, the United Methodist Church has about 44% more people who identify as members vs. Mormonism, how significant a draw is SMU nationally?). Boise is not much of a draw outside of the west and rocky mountain regions either, and outside of their run from 2006 to 2011, they have not really been all that great. Good, yes, but certainly not like plucky and noteworthy Cinderella team that they used to be. Many teams from far bigger markets have more successes than Boise over the past decade.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 8120
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 483 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Imakeitrain » December 26th, 2020, 8:31 am

If there is a mass exodus (more than 2) from the MWC to the AAC I'd rather be in than out. But if it's just Boise (and non-MWC BYU) going to the AAC- the MWC is a much better option for us.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0AggieBlues


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1386
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 1223 times
Been thanked: 508 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 26th, 2020, 8:43 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 8:15 am
I honestly don't see what the AAC gets out of it. They are already considered the premier G5 conference, and the States they have a presence in (for football) is the largest of any conference at 107.7 million people (the ACC has the second largest at 100.3 million). BYU might bring in a little bit of market value, but I doubt the increase, split among 14 members, will be too tempting. Despite what the Mormon church PR department likes to tout, its presence and cultural influence outside of the so-called "Mormon Corridor" is tiny at best, so BYU is not the draw they think it is (comparatively, the United Methodist Church has about 44% more people who identify as members vs. Mormonism, how significant a draw is SMU nationally?). Boise is not much of a draw outside of the west and rocky mountain regions either, and outside of their run from 2006 to 2011, they have not really been all that great. Good, yes, but certainly not like plucky and noteworthy Cinderella team that they used to be. Many teams from far bigger markets have more successes than Boise over the past decade.
Well they get the finest academic institution in America in USU, at the very least.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 7289
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1718 times
Been thanked: 1311 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by slcagg » December 26th, 2020, 8:46 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 8:06 am
The AAC thinks they can strengthen the conference and get an auto bid to a NY6 bowl - they can't.

Only way this would be worth it is if it more than doubles our revenue
You are exactly right. They don’t have a true blue blood of college football and don’t have a program remotely close. That’s what you need if you want a seat in the current market place. With that said they have done a great job marketing their product plus add in the east coast bias and population centers and they are in a good spot.



slcagg
Posts: 7289
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1718 times
Been thanked: 1311 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by slcagg » December 26th, 2020, 8:47 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 8:15 am
I honestly don't see what the AAC gets out of it. They are already considered the premier G5 conference, and the States they have a presence in (for football) is the largest of any conference at 107.7 million people (the ACC has the second largest at 100.3 million). BYU might bring in a little bit of market value, but I doubt the increase, split among 14 members, will be too tempting. Despite what the Mormon church PR department likes to tout, its presence and cultural influence outside of the so-called "Mormon Corridor" is tiny at best, so BYU is not the draw they think it is (comparatively, the United Methodist Church has about 44% more people who identify as members vs. Mormonism, how significant a draw is SMU nationally?). Boise is not much of a draw outside of the west and rocky mountain regions either, and outside of their run from 2006 to 2011, they have not really been all that great. Good, yes, but certainly not like plucky and noteworthy Cinderella team that they used to be. Many teams from far bigger markets have more successes than Boise over the past decade.
I never see smu apparel out here in the Midwest. I see BYU apparel a lot. But most of it is at church events 😁.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15788
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 466 times
Been thanked: 887 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by brownjeans » December 26th, 2020, 8:48 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 8:15 am
I honestly don't see what the AAC gets out of it. They are already considered the premier G5 conference, and the States they have a presence in (for football) is the largest of any conference at 107.7 million people (the ACC has the second largest at 100.3 million). BYU might bring in a little bit of market value, but I doubt the increase, split among 14 members, will be too tempting. Despite what the Mormon church PR department likes to tout, its presence and cultural influence outside of the so-called "Mormon Corridor" is tiny at best, so BYU is not the draw they think it is (comparatively, the United Methodist Church has about 44% more people who identify as members vs. Mormonism, how significant a draw is SMU nationally?). Boise is not much of a draw outside of the west and rocky mountain regions either, and outside of their run from 2006 to 2011, they have not really been all that great. Good, yes, but certainly not like plucky and noteworthy Cinderella team that they used to be. Many teams from far bigger markets have more successes than Boise over the past decade.
Ever since the old Big East was raided and cut out of the NY6 their football schools (now the AAC) think there's a path to getting back into the gentleman's club that is the P5. There isn't. All they'll do with this is dilute their individual share of the revenue by splitting it with more teams. It will be interesting to see if there are enough smart people in the AAC to stop the insanity.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
NavyBlueAggie



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 4019
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 1378 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by ineptimusprime » December 26th, 2020, 8:54 am

The AAC is not a move that makes any sense for BSU or USU, especially if it is a “football only” move. Why sell all the other sports down the river for what is a slight upgrade at best for football at the expense of regional rivalries?

If it was an “all sports” move and the money was better enough to cover the increased travel costs, it could be an exciting move. I’d love getting Wichita St, Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, etc. in the Spectrum every year.



Madmartigan
Posts: 2954
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Madmartigan » December 26th, 2020, 9:03 am

I’m going to make up an interesting rumor and see if people will respond too.



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 6046
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 376 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Mr. Sneelock » December 26th, 2020, 9:19 am

First of all, I don't believe this for a second. But even if this were true, it really makes no sense for USU. The AAC is a marginally better football conference (and would be for sure with Boise and BYU), but the MWC is a much better regional fit for us with like-minded regional schools. Sometimes it is best to grow where you're planted and be the reason your own conference is strong. We are who we are, and that's OK. No need to jump to a far-flung over-bloated conference that makes no geographic sense just to ride Boise's coat tails into a little better conference. I mean, the AAC is made of of schools from Florida, the Carolinas, Maryland, and other east-coast places for crying out loud.

I'm not really interested.


Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5364
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 575 times
Been thanked: 1124 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 26th, 2020, 9:37 am

I highly doubt this is even remotely a serious possibility. It would be fun when our basketball team is good to have an AAC conference schedule though.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
Slim80



Slim80
Posts: 128
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Slim80 » December 26th, 2020, 9:39 am

slcagg wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 8:46 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 8:06 am
The AAC thinks they can strengthen the conference and get an auto bid to a NY6 bowl - they can't.

Only way this would be worth it is if it more than doubles our revenue
You are exactly right. They don’t have a true blue blood of college football and don’t have a program remotely close. That’s what you need if you want a seat in the current market place. With that said they have done a great job marketing their product plus add in the east coast bias and population centers and they are in a good spot.
There are 5 reasons the AAC will NEVER join the power ranks. Those reasons are PAC 12, BIG 12, BIG 10, SEC, ACC. Those conferences will never allow it because it means less money and prestige for themselves. Like it or not, those conferences rule the landscape and there’s not a damn thing any of us smaller schools can do about it.



Slim80
Posts: 128
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Slim80 » December 26th, 2020, 9:41 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 9:37 am
I highly doubt this is even remotely a serious possibility. It would be fun when our basketball team is good to have an AAC conference schedule though.
I can’t fathom why they would pick USU over a CSU or SDSU.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post (total 2):
Aggie19AggiesForever



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5364
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 575 times
Been thanked: 1124 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 26th, 2020, 9:44 am

Slim80 wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 9:41 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 9:37 am
I highly doubt this is even remotely a serious possibility. It would be fun when our basketball team is good to have an AAC conference schedule though.
I can’t fathom why they would pick USU over a CSU or SDSU.
Yeah I don't believe this for a second with regards to USU. I would prefer Boise State remain in the conference as well, just because they are a good program, but them leaving isn't as serious as it used to be. They are a good football program, not a dominant one anymore.



TrueAG
Posts: 1260
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:19 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by TrueAG » December 26th, 2020, 11:06 am

If you are a G5 why would you wanna be in a slightly better conference? You have to go undefeated to even be considered. Stick to local rivalries.



MWCFAN12
Posts: 990
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 26th, 2020, 12:27 pm

Being in the AAC with Boise and BYU would be like flying southwest on a 12 hour flight with the 2 most bratty kids ever next to you with out their parents around... And no alcohol on the plane.


No thanks



taniataylor
Posts: 2119
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by taniataylor » December 26th, 2020, 12:30 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 12:27 pm
Being in the AAC with Boise and BYU would be like flying southwest on a 12 hour flight with the 2 most bratty kids ever next to you with out their parents around... And no alcohol on the plane.


No thanks
It’s the lack of alcohol for me.....no thanks


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2520
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 357 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by JonnyCienPesos » December 26th, 2020, 12:31 pm

To start, I don’t buy this but if it were true I would welcome it. While I prefer the MW as it sits now, college football is ultimately about money and survival. A move to the AAC would bring more money and guarantee survival if an additional round of expansion were to occur.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

oleblu111
Posts: 1861
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 922 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by oleblu111 » December 26th, 2020, 1:53 pm

This will not happen there are many schools in the MWC that bring much more to the table than what USU does.



User avatar
MaverickAggie
Posts: 464
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 11:51 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by MaverickAggie » December 26th, 2020, 2:42 pm

No to the AAC. I much prefer the MWC. If Boise wants to go to the aac to die, be my guest. I like playing regional like minded institutions and sustaining rivalries. The MWC needs to start getting the NY6 bowl and the media attention that the aac has garnered.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7912
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by 2004AG » December 26th, 2020, 6:36 pm

MaverickAggie wrote:No to the AAC. I much prefer the MWC. If Boise wants to go to the aac to die, be my guest. I like playing regional like minded institutions and sustaining rivalries. The MWC needs to start getting the NY6 bowl and the media attention that the aac has garnered.
If Boise goes to the AAC it wouldn’t be to die. They say they can make 4 million more


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
oleblu111



Aggie84025
Posts: 3673
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 1297 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Aggie84025 » December 26th, 2020, 6:37 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 6:36 pm
MaverickAggie wrote:No to the AAC. I much prefer the MWC. If Boise wants to go to the aac to die, be my guest. I like playing regional like minded institutions and sustaining rivalries. The MWC needs to start getting the NY6 bowl and the media attention that the aac has garnered.
If Boise goes to the AAC it wouldn’t be to die. They say they can make 4 million more


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is probably true, but they need a home for other sports. They will also incur higher travel costs as well.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5364
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 575 times
Been thanked: 1124 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 26th, 2020, 8:59 pm

MaverickAggie wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 2:42 pm
No to the AAC. I much prefer the MWC. If Boise wants to go to the aac to die, be my guest. I like playing regional like minded institutions and sustaining rivalries. The MWC needs to start getting the NY6 bowl and the media attention that the aac has garnered.
I doubt they'd die like your friend Goose. It would be a good move for football, but other sports would take a hit. They would have to do a serious cost benefit analysis.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1885
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 1177 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by JSHarvey » December 26th, 2020, 9:35 pm

If I got to vote (which I don't) I would vote "No Way!"

To much travel, no regional rivals.

The MWC is a good fit, with or without Boise.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post:
USU78


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

sneed
Posts: 868
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Interesting Development

Post by sneed » December 26th, 2020, 10:14 pm

No thanks. Keep it how it is. If It’s just Boise and BYU I’m fine staying in the MW. If a couple more were to leave I guess we wouldn’t have much of a choice but I would prefer to stay with CSU the Nevads and Wyoming. I don’t care too much about SDSU but I would rather go there for a game than anywhere in the AAC.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic