Eric Munoz

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10665
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6590 times
Been thanked: 4038 times
Contact:

Eric Munoz

Post by aggies22 » December 21st, 2020, 3:49 pm

Lands at Kansas State.



Donman
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Donman » December 21st, 2020, 3:52 pm

what the?



LarryTheAggie
Posts: 502
Joined: July 4th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 21st, 2020, 3:55 pm

:shock:



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1335
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Sl7vk » December 21st, 2020, 3:56 pm

Did they offer him a scholarship or is he a walk on?



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2880
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 245 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by GUS » December 21st, 2020, 4:40 pm

Wow. I love his drive, but his lateral speed is lacking to play consistently big time. We can get a better linebacker.



...
Posts: 24
Joined: December 4th, 2020, 8:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by ... » December 21st, 2020, 4:51 pm

He has to be a walk on. Otherwise this makes no sense.



taniataylor
Posts: 2114
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1327 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by taniataylor » December 21st, 2020, 4:59 pm

Not a walk- on


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2518
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 245 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by newhouse9 » December 21st, 2020, 5:04 pm

Congrats Eric!
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
BLUERUFiO



...
Posts: 24
Joined: December 4th, 2020, 8:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by ... » December 21st, 2020, 5:08 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 4:59 pm
Not a walk- on
Wow, great for him!



Yossarian
Posts: 4485
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 781 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Yossarian » December 21st, 2020, 5:13 pm

It's tough to turn down the glitz and glamour of Manhattan.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 2):
aggies22USU78



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1335
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Sl7vk » December 21st, 2020, 5:25 pm

... wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 5:08 pm
taniataylor wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 4:59 pm
Not a walk- on
Wow, great for him!
I agree. Seems like a good kid. Wish him all the best.



usufan1
Posts: 576
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by usufan1 » December 21st, 2020, 5:38 pm

Yossarian wrote:It's tough to turn down the glitz and glamour of Manhattan.
Yeah, Center Street in Logan is such a happening place... Image

I grew up here and love the Aggies, but I will not understand why we need to attack our own if they decide to move on.

Congrats to him and anyone that transfers. Hope they are successful and get some significant playing time.

Excited for the future of Aggie football and the players that come to play here!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk


Last edited by usufan1 on December 21st, 2020, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post (total 5):
splintorbBLUERUFiOLarryTheAggietaniatayloraggieguy13



LarryTheAggie
Posts: 502
Joined: July 4th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 21st, 2020, 5:45 pm

I mean munoz goes to k-state and lefeged goes to texas state. Wow.

Good for Munoz.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 419 times
Been thanked: 832 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by brownjeans » December 21st, 2020, 6:55 pm

usufan1 wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 5:38 pm
Yossarian wrote:It's tough to turn down the glitz and glamour of Manhattan.
Yeah, Center Street in Logan is such a happening place... Image

I grew up here and love the Aggies, but I will not understand why we need to attack our own if they decide to move on.

Congrats to him and anyone that transfers. Hope they are successful and get some significant playing time.

Excited for the future of Aggie football and the players that come to play here!
Pretty sure Yos was just playing with the word Manhatten.

Anecdotally, no fan base is worse than k-state fans.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
sockpuppet



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3326
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 919 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by ineptimusprime » December 21st, 2020, 6:57 pm

Happy for Munoz. Not sure how he got a Big 12 school to give him a scholarship -- but happy for him.



Ahbye
Posts: 1794
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Ahbye » December 21st, 2020, 11:20 pm

Once they transfer, they are no longer "our own". You're either with us or you're not.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
FloridaAggie13



Madmartigan
Posts: 2914
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Madmartigan » December 22nd, 2020, 5:23 am

Ahbye wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 11:20 pm
Once they transfer, they are no longer "our own". You're either with us or you're not.
Do you like Sith Lords in Star Wars?



stang
Posts: 721
Joined: January 25th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by stang » December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am

But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.



User avatar
deltaaggie
Posts: 82
Joined: July 21st, 2015, 12:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by deltaaggie » December 22nd, 2020, 10:27 am

I actually thought Munoz was/is a great linebacker. I can't figure out why he hasnt been playing over what is currently there. Vongphachanh is the only linebacker that should've been ahead of him. Moot point now. Best of luck Eric!



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5931
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 22nd, 2020, 11:02 am

deltaaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:27 am
Vongphachanh is the only linebacker that should've been ahead of him.
Speaking of which, can anyone confirm he is staying? Or is he going?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10665
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6590 times
Been thanked: 4038 times
Contact:

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by aggies22 » December 22nd, 2020, 12:58 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 11:02 am
deltaaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:27 am
Vongphachanh is the only linebacker that should've been ahead of him.
Speaking of which, can anyone confirm he is staying? Or is he going?
I'm pretty sure he's staying.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 7540
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Imakeitrain » December 22nd, 2020, 1:07 pm

Munoz came up huge in that game a year ago when he had a ton of big stops and interceptions that ultimately earned him that scholarship. How is that not the ultimate memory people have of him?? The guy has a great story, and helped win us games last year.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 3):
sam tingeyBLUERUFiOtaniataylor


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

Aggie_CEE
Posts: 264
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Aggie_CEE » December 22nd, 2020, 1:25 pm

Ahbye wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 11:20 pm
Once they transfer, they are no longer "our own". You're either with us or you're not.
Munoz has his degree and is leaving as a grad transfer. Love what he did, glad he earned a scholarship, and wish him the best moving forward.



blueaggie
Posts: 972
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by blueaggie » December 24th, 2020, 11:59 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 1:07 pm
Munoz came up huge in that game a year ago when he had a ton of big stops and interceptions that ultimately earned him that scholarship. How is that not the ultimate memory people have of him?? The guy has a great story, and helped win us games last year.
What happened to him this year?



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3326
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 919 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by ineptimusprime » December 25th, 2020, 12:08 am

stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?



slcagg
Posts: 6291
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 1072 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by slcagg » December 25th, 2020, 8:04 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 12:08 am
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
Haha I’m not sure, but thanks prime. But it’s not the first time nor the last that I’ve been wrong on a prediction.

You being a ku grad I think we both can agree that Manhattan Kansas is not necessarily a step up. 😁

But in all seriousness congrats to both of these young men.



stang
Posts: 721
Joined: January 25th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by stang » December 26th, 2020, 11:29 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
I just get tired of Aggie fans trying to crap on their guys on the way out just because they chose to go somewhere else. Whether it be coaches, players, recruits, etc. it happens all the time and I get tired of it. A kid can go elsewhere without it being a horrible decision.



User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4157
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by AndroidAggie » December 26th, 2020, 11:44 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 12:08 am
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
agree. i can't see a good reason, either.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1335
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Sl7vk » December 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm

I felt Munoz entering the transfer portal was a big mistake and it would appear I was wrong.
Super happy for him as I didn’t see him fitting into future plans here.



Ahbye
Posts: 1794
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by Ahbye » December 26th, 2020, 12:05 pm

stang wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 11:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
I just get tired of Aggie fans trying to crap on their guys on the way out just because they chose to go somewhere else. Whether it be coaches, players, recruits, etc. it happens all the time and I get tired of it. A kid can go elsewhere without it being a horrible decision.
If they are leaving OUR program, they are no longer OUR guys. We only ever cheered for them when they became OUR guys, so why should that continue when they leave? Let's keep you away from the battered women's shelters.



gomretat
Posts: 695
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by gomretat » December 26th, 2020, 12:06 pm

stang wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 11:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
I just get tired of Aggie fans trying to crap on their guys on the way out just because they chose to go somewhere else. Whether it be coaches, players, recruits, etc. it happens all the time and I get tired of it. A kid can go elsewhere without it being a horrible decision.
Agreed. And not sure why we need to do the same to coaches who worked very hard and represented us with integrity while they were here.



BlackJack
Posts: 133
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 1:20 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by BlackJack » December 26th, 2020, 12:07 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 11:20 pm
Once they transfer, they are no longer "our own". You're either with us or you're not.
Munoz has his degree and is leaving as a grad transfer. Love what he did, glad he earned a scholarship, and wish him the best moving forward.
+1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 6291
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1347 times
Been thanked: 1072 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by slcagg » December 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm

stang wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 11:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
I just get tired of Aggie fans trying to crap on their guys on the way out just because they chose to go somewhere else. Whether it be coaches, players, recruits, etc. it happens all the time and I get tired of it. A kid can go elsewhere without it being a horrible decision.
So you harbored feelings for several weeks to call me out? I could be wrong but what I recall posting was that I did not think guys would transfer up, I had no malice towards them. Maybe disappointment that they were leaving the program. Def disappointed that some decided not to play the last few games. There are 2000 kids in the portal not all of them will find a home. Obviously I was wrong with these two and transferring up. But here is my reasoning on why I thought that.

1. Jaylen Warren: I felt he had the talent to transfer up but felt his injury history would prohibit that. I was wrong.

2. Eric Munoz: Way wrong here. I did not think he had the speed for a big 12 offer. Did anyone on this board?

For a lot of these transfers when they choose to go somewhere I’ll bet you find me congratulating them in the thread about their transfer.

If you ever have a concern with something I said I am happy to receive a pm and discuss it. Most of the time it is just a misunderstanding. I’m sure you are a great guy and a great aggie. Cheers.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



stang
Posts: 721
Joined: January 25th, 2018, 5:08 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by stang » December 26th, 2020, 3:23 pm

Ahbye wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 12:05 pm
stang wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 11:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
I just get tired of Aggie fans trying to crap on their guys on the way out just because they chose to go somewhere else. Whether it be coaches, players, recruits, etc. it happens all the time and I get tired of it. A kid can go elsewhere without it being a horrible decision.
If they are leaving OUR program, they are no longer OUR guys. We only ever cheered for them when they became OUR guys, so why should that continue when they leave? Let's keep you away from the battered women's shelters.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I care about college sports because I care about the athletes. It's not just "blue team good, red team bad" for me. Whether it's Munoz, Matt Wells, Frank, Scarver, Koby McEwen, I don't care, if I feel like someone represented USU well, they become "my guys". You don't have to cheer for them when they leave, and frankly you can do whatever you want. I just think it's silly and makes the fanbase look bad to try and take a shot on their way out.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
BLUERUFiO



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2645
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 1487 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: Eric Munoz

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 26th, 2020, 3:26 pm

stang wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 3:23 pm
Ahbye wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 12:05 pm
stang wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 11:29 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
stang wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am
But wait, I saw slcagg say multiple times that none of these transfer players, not Munoz, not Warren, would be able to transfer up. I’m confused.
Why do people feel the need to do this?
I just get tired of Aggie fans trying to crap on their guys on the way out just because they chose to go somewhere else. Whether it be coaches, players, recruits, etc. it happens all the time and I get tired of it. A kid can go elsewhere without it being a horrible decision.
If they are leaving OUR program, they are no longer OUR guys. We only ever cheered for them when they became OUR guys, so why should that continue when they leave? Let's keep you away from the battered women's shelters.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I care about college sports because I care about the athletes. It's not just "blue team good, red team bad" for me. Whether it's Munoz, Matt Wells, Frank, Scarver, Koby McEwen, I don't care, if I feel like someone represented USU well, they become "my guys". You don't have to cheer for them when they leave, and frankly you can do whatever you want. I just think it's silly and makes the fanbase look bad to try and take a shot on their way out.
Yup. Absolutely. The human stories make it so much more compelling and engaging.


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic