Was Packers best for Love

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
usu99
Posts: 700
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:40 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Was Packers best for Love

Post by usu99 » December 20th, 2020, 4:24 pm

From what I can see Rodgers to every snap the entire season. Doesn't seem like the best place to be a backup if nobody else gets a snap the entire year even in blowouts.


For all of your IT needs visit http://www.sidelogic.com

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12389
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 896 times
Been thanked: 575 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by ViAggie » December 20th, 2020, 4:25 pm

but he got his money on straight


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

mike1126
Posts: 102
Joined: December 21st, 2014, 2:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by mike1126 » December 20th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Great place. If he would of went to a team needing a qb immediately, more than likely he would not have the supporting cast around him, and would be out of the league in 2-3 years.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5968
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 579 times
Been thanked: 1179 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 20th, 2020, 4:33 pm

The Colts were rumored to be trading into the 1st round to draft him but the Packers snagged him first. I think the Colts would’ve been a much better situation for him all around and wish he would’ve ended up there.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7865
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by 2004AG » December 20th, 2020, 4:38 pm

As both a Packers fan and Aggie fan, drafting Love was idiotic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1791
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 417 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 20th, 2020, 4:58 pm

usu99 wrote:From what I can see Rodgers to every snap the entire season. Doesn't seem like the best place to be a backup if nobody else gets a snap the entire year even in blowouts.
He’s only a snap of a finger away from being right in the mix....or leg, or tendon, or ........



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3969
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 1330 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by ineptimusprime » December 20th, 2020, 5:07 pm

A redshirt year will good for him. Just like Mahomes.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 5):
AggiePTNowhereLandAggiesockpuppetAggieFBObsessionAggiesForever



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7865
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by 2004AG » December 20th, 2020, 5:25 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
usu99 wrote:From what I can see Rodgers to every snap the entire season. Doesn't seem like the best place to be a backup if nobody else gets a snap the entire year even in blowouts.
He’s only a snap of a finger away from being right in the mix....or leg, or tendon, or ........
Tim Boyle is but Love isn’t. Love isn’t even on the active roster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



SwaggieAggie
Posts: 236
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by SwaggieAggie » December 20th, 2020, 5:37 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 5:07 pm
A redshirt year will good for him. Just like Mahomes.
True, but moving on from Alex Smith is a lot different than moving on from Rodgers. Aaron is still one of the best in the league.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post:
CastIronAggie



Aggie84025
Posts: 3647
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1281 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Aggie84025 » December 20th, 2020, 5:47 pm

Must suck for love getting a $6mm+ sign on bonus. I feel bad for him.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOAggiesForever



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1437
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 500 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Sl7vk » December 20th, 2020, 6:04 pm

Not playing is the best thing that could have happened for LOVE. Being thrust into a Jet's type situation like TL will be next year is no-bueno and can destroy a career before it has a chance of taking.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 2):
Slim80El Sapo



Slim80
Posts: 127
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Slim80 » December 20th, 2020, 8:43 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 5:37 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 5:07 pm
A redshirt year will good for him. Just like Mahomes.
True, but moving on from Alex Smith is a lot different than moving on from Rodgers. Aaron is still one of the best in the league.
Couldn’t the same be said about when Rodgers replaced Favre? Rodgers was patient and learned from one of the best. I don’t see why this is any different for Love. He has a chance to sit back and learn without having to perform on the field in the national spot light.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post (total 4):
JSHarveyQuelchsstrasserAggiesForever



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 16006
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 767 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 20th, 2020, 8:50 pm

I like Love, but I have the feeling that the longer he rides the pine behind a HOF qb, the longer he stays in the league.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



UStateTim
Posts: 277
Joined: November 26th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by UStateTim » December 20th, 2020, 9:34 pm

Jordan got screwed because of Covid. He had no chance to do OTA's, and no chance to train with the Packers until Fall Camp. Add in no preseason games and boom he's 3rd string. He needed to sit for a year or two anyways, but with Covid it was a no brainer. It's not all bad, Aaron Rodgers sat behind Favre for three years.
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post (total 4):
JSHarveyaggies22AggieFBObsessionsstrasser



User avatar
Quelch
Posts: 641
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Quelch » December 27th, 2020, 8:50 am

I am a huge Packer Fan! I think this is perfect for Love! He didn’t have the absolute greatest receivers at USU. They were good but he made them better. Now he’s seeing the same thing out of Rodgers but at a much higher level. Rodgers will be the NFL MVP this year. Watching Rodgers and learning from him will be huge for Love. Packers have a history with the Aggies. Love is a smart guy and will last many years in the NFL (baring injury)! I very much look forward to watching Love QB the Pack. It should still be a couple years away. I just hope he will do for USU what Pro Bowler Bobby Wagner has done for our program.
These users thanked the author Quelch for the post:
AggiesForever



Blitz79
Posts: 1515
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Blitz79 » December 27th, 2020, 9:35 am

I still don't think Love can throw the ball in cold weather so no, Packers was not the best place for Love.

It doesn't matter that Rodgers took every snap this season because Love I believe is the 3rd string QB. Still wouldn't have played if Rodgers sat a bit.
These users thanked the author Blitz79 for the post:
aggies22



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5342
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 1110 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 27th, 2020, 10:00 am

Big Love fan, but he wasn't ready to be an NFL starter right away. He probably won't be ready next year. This is the best thing that could happen to him. I do wish he got playing time in blowouts though.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
sstrasser



User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4168
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by AndroidAggie » December 27th, 2020, 12:59 pm

didn't aaron rodgers sit on the sidelines for 2 seasons waiting for favre to retire?
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
sstrasser



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 1322
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by El Sapo » December 27th, 2020, 1:12 pm

IMHO Love was far from being an NFL starting QB when he was drafted. That might be a harsher opinion than I had with Boroughs, Herbert or other college QB's because I saw every one of Love's mistakes.

What will make or break Love as an NFL QB will be his footwork. His maneuverability in the pocket. I thought he was too slow and wouldn't get taken in the first round because of that. But NFL QB's can learn footwork, quick steps in the pocket to overcome their lack of speed/quickness. Packers are the best place for Love because they have the opportunity to let Love develop his skills.


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

Madmartigan
Posts: 2954
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Madmartigan » December 27th, 2020, 1:29 pm

El Sapo wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 1:12 pm
IMHO Love was far from being an NFL starting QB when he was drafted. That might be a harsher opinion than I had with Boroughs, Herbert or other college QB's because I saw every one of Love's mistakes.

What will make or break Love as an NFL QB will be his footwork. His maneuverability in the pocket. I thought he was too slow and wouldn't get taken in the first round because of that. But NFL QB's can learn footwork, quick steps in the pocket to overcome their lack of speed/quickness. Packers are the best place for Love because they have the opportunity to let Love develop his skills.
He ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. More than fast enough for an NFL QB. Speed and physical tools are not the issue. Decision making is.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 8057
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 482 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Imakeitrain » December 27th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Wait & see. We haven’t even seen love in a preseason game yet.


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6075
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 351 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 27th, 2020, 8:57 pm

Tonight, the Packers had a play where their guy stepped out of bounds but it wasn't called, and they successfully got off the next play before the Titans could challenge! That brought back memories of when we twice had blown out of bounds calls at BYU, and the CSU game with the guy stepping out.

Jordan did get a moment of recognition with the announcers talking about and showing him tonight, and again told the story of the comparison between him and Rodgers sitting behind Favre. The funny thing was they were saying the rate he was going, it would be a long time before Jordan gets to play, then he threw a pick right after that.

Tim Boyle's contract does expire after this year, so maybe he'll go and Jordan will get the #2 job and garbage time reps at the end of blowouts and the week 17 start next year.



hickaggie
Posts: 3303
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by hickaggie » December 27th, 2020, 9:22 pm

El Sapo wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 1:12 pm
IMHO Love was far from being an NFL starting QB when he was drafted. That might be a harsher opinion than I had with Boroughs, Herbert or other college QB's because I saw every one of Love's mistakes.

What will make or break Love as an NFL QB will be his footwork. His maneuverability in the pocket. I thought he was too slow and wouldn't get taken in the first round because of that. But NFL QB's can learn footwork, quick steps in the pocket to overcome their lack of speed/quickness. Packers are the best place for Love because they have the opportunity to let Love develop his skills.
I don't think you were watching the same QB everyone else was watching. Love had some footwork issues once in a while but his weaknesses had nothing to do with pocket presence or mobility. Rather he misread some defenses, sometimes didn't see dropping LBs, and thought he could make any throw. As far as overall physical skills and arm talent he's elite.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
Madmartigan



Madmartigan
Posts: 2954
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Madmartigan » December 28th, 2020, 8:58 am

hickaggie wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 9:22 pm
El Sapo wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 1:12 pm
IMHO Love was far from being an NFL starting QB when he was drafted. That might be a harsher opinion than I had with Boroughs, Herbert or other college QB's because I saw every one of Love's mistakes.

What will make or break Love as an NFL QB will be his footwork. His maneuverability in the pocket. I thought he was too slow and wouldn't get taken in the first round because of that. But NFL QB's can learn footwork, quick steps in the pocket to overcome their lack of speed/quickness. Packers are the best place for Love because they have the opportunity to let Love develop his skills.
I don't think you were watching the same QB everyone else was watching. Love had some footwork issues once in a while but his weaknesses had nothing to do with pocket presence or mobility. Rather he misread some defenses, sometimes didn't see dropping LBs, and thought he could make any throw. As far as overall physical skills and arm talent he's elite.
This, 100% this.



BobWilson
Posts: 899
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:03 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by BobWilson » December 28th, 2020, 4:09 pm

I suspect every NFL team knows the personnel on every other team pretty well. If he doesn't get to play much for the Packers in another year or two and if he really has NFL potential, some team will pick him up. It's not all or none at Green Bay.
These users thanked the author BobWilson for the post:
NavyBlueAggie



IBleedAggieBlue
Posts: 161
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » December 30th, 2020, 2:57 pm

This was a great move for Jordan. Packers draft quarterbacks, park them on the bench for a couple years behind a hall of famer, they win super bowls, become legends, and eventually go the hall of fame themselves. Jordan is young. Be patient and enjoy the best seat in the house.



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 2028
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by AggiesForever » January 1st, 2021, 7:14 am

Blitz79 wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 9:35 am
I still don't think Love can throw the ball in cold weather so no, Packers was not the best place for Love.

It doesn't matter that Rodgers took every snap this season because Love I believe is the 3rd string QB. Still wouldn't have played if Rodgers sat a bit.
I was at the "What the hell just happened" Colorado State game. It was dang cold. Love threw the ball just fine!



Notatrueaggie
Posts: 85
Joined: September 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Was Packers best for Love

Post by Notatrueaggie » January 1st, 2021, 10:51 am

i still think love will have the best career out of all of them. Him and herbert will be close. With the right coaching and players, both of them will be superstars. Love is set up for the best career because he is sitting behind a HOF



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic