Offensive line is quite offensive

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GrandPoubah

Offensive line is quite offensive

Post by GrandPoubah » December 5th, 2020, 4:24 pm

This is what I was talking about in a few prior posts about not developing youngins on offense.

How do we have a senior playing at this position like this and we don't even send in many backups on the offensive?

What is weird is the both Andy Koch and Jackson Owens were listed as co starters at LG to begin the season. I saw Andy play LT this week and I don't think I've seen Jackson Owens on the field....Either way, if Hunter Hill can't be better than this, what hope do we have for the next 4 years????

https://twitter.com/i/status/1334709611757096960

Heard TJ Woods isn't even coaching the Oline anymore. Still hasn't been seen on the sidelines.....

Elkaggie

Re: Offensive line is quite offensive

Post by Elkaggie » December 5th, 2020, 4:32 pm

Agree. I posted this exact tweet in another thread. If TJ is not coaching that explains a lot but I really think not have spring ball and our lifting and conditioning during off season has really hurt us all over the field. I know others have dealt with similar problems but for what ever reason it’s hurt us more. Maybe because we are so young. Being a developmental program this has really killed us. I know that has nothing to do with this play but might explain a lot of our issues.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » December 5th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Elkaggie wrote:Agree. I posted this exact tweet in another thread. If TJ is not coaching that explains a lot but I really think not have spring ball and our lifting and conditioning during off season has really hurt us all over the field. I know others have dealt with similar problems but for what ever reason it’s hurt us more. Maybe because we are so young. Being a developmental program this has really killed us. I know that has nothing to do with this play but might explain a lot of our issues.
The S&C building had lotsa of cars out front all spring and summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

GrandPoubah

Post by GrandPoubah » December 5th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 4:32 pm
Agree. I posted this exact tweet in another thread. If TJ is not coaching that explains a lot but I really think not have spring ball and our lifting and conditioning during off season has really hurt us all over the field. I know others have dealt with similar problems but for what ever reason it’s hurt us more. Maybe because we are so young. Being a developmental program this has really killed us. I know that has nothing to do with this play but might explain a lot of our issues.
Yes - I get it that there is going to be a mistake/miscommunication or two in a game. The problem I see is that WE SIMPLY AREN'T PLAYING THE YOUNGBLOODS ON OFFENSE.

Scout team guys are getting reps on defense and you can see some potential, even if unrefined, yet we can't even see some of the 2-deep players on offense.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 5th, 2020, 4:56 pm

GrandPoubah wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 4:43 pm
Elkaggie wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 4:32 pm
Yes - I get it that there is going to be a mistake/miscommunication or two in a game. The problem I see is that WE SIMPLY AREN'T PLAYING THE YOUNGBLOODS ON OFFENSE.

Scout team guys are getting reps on defense and you can see some potential, even if unrefined, yet we can't even see some of the 2-deep players on offense.
Gotcha. Good question.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 7th, 2020, 4:15 pm

What I find offensive is that Hans Olsen decides to cut up a video on a OL mistake. 6 freaking horrific OL games into the season.

This guy is not a friend to USU FB amigos.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 7th, 2020, 4:21 pm

El Sapo wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 4:15 pm
What I find offensive is that Hans Olsen decides to cut up a video on a OL mistake. 6 freaking horrific OL games into the season.

What is the problem with doing some analysis of USU. Hes a Zoob but he's got good insights.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
AggieArmy

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 7th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Hans went to BoYoUgly but is very objective in his analysis. I love listening to him and Scotty. I miss when we were were good enough that he would film review of our games.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 8th, 2020, 3:14 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 4:21 pm
El Sapo wrote:

What is the problem with doing some analysis of USU. Hes a Zoob but he's got good insights.
Analysis? It's something we discussed here in this forum after the Boise game 6-7 weeks ago. There were 3-4 unblocked DL in the backfield in that game. (and every game since) So 7 weeks ago, fans like us, very un-knowledgeable fans, are pointing out that the OL is FUBAR.

Fast forward 6-7 weeks later...... Hans Olsen cuts up tape to point out how horrible our OL is playing and he goes right after one of our players. This is weeks after we've fired our HC, kicked our QB off the team, and lost starters to the portal. So, it's chicken $hit because if he really was interested in USU, he could have done 3-4 of those videos of the OL, (and basically every position group on the team) in every one of our games right up to the present (exception New Mexico). Did he?

He could have called out the coaching issues like WE DID right here weeks before GA was fired. Did he?

Nah, not good ol Hans, he waits until the Aggies are DOA before he starts pointing out areas we should improve. Gotta like a guy that gets in a few kicks while we're down.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
Slim80

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 8th, 2020, 3:29 pm

El Sapo wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 3:14 pm
hickaggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

Analysis? It's something we discussed here in this forum after the Boise game 6-7 weeks ago. There were 3-4 unblocked DL in the backfield in that game. (and every game since) So 7 weeks ago, fans like us, very un-knowledgeable fans, are pointing out that the OL is FUBAR.

Fast forward 6-7 weeks later...... Hans Olsen cuts up tape to point out how horrible our OL is playing and he goes right after one of our players. This is weeks after we've fired our HC, kicked our QB off the team, and lost starters to the portal. So, it's chicken $hit because if he really was interested in USU, he could have done 3-4 of those videos of the OL, (and basically every position group on the team) in every one of our games right up to the present (exception New Mexico). Did he?

He could have called out the coaching issues like WE DID right here weeks before GA was fired. Did he?

Nah, not good ol Hans, he waits until the Aggies are DOA before he starts pointing out areas we should improve. Gotta like a guy that gets in a few kicks while we're down.
He's a zoob in their best season in 40 years. Are you surprised he isn't covering USU more? Do you think the Aggies need Hans Olsen to point out their problems all year? He saw a ridiculously bad play where the center and guard let the NT right by them while watching the LB cross their faces and sack the QB when Peasley escaped. Good for him taking some time to point out what happened. Its a microcosm of this whole season for the Aggies.

I guess I fail to understand your point.

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » December 8th, 2020, 3:30 pm

El Sapo wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 3:14 pm
hickaggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

I'm with Sap on this one. Hans is a good guy, but this was horse crap. He hasn't cared all year, why start now? If he wants to dish out some criticism and have it mean anything then he damn well better act like he cares long before now.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » December 17th, 2020, 1:30 pm

El Sapo wrote:What I find offensive is that Hans Olsen decides to cut up a video on a OL mistake. 6 freaking horrific OL games into the season.

When we were doing well he would post three or four videos a week praising the OL/WR blocking. If you want the press the players have to earn it.

Hail Aggies!

Chod

Post by Chod » December 17th, 2020, 2:25 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 1:30 pm
El Sapo wrote:What I find offensive is that Hans Olsen decides to cut up a video on a OL mistake. 6 freaking horrific OL games into the season.

When we were doing well he would post three or four videos a week praising the OL/WR blocking. If you want the press the players have to earn it.

This ^^^^ is the most logical post I've heard from AK in a long time. What happened?

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » December 18th, 2020, 8:05 am

Chod wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 1:30 pm

This ^^^^ is the most logical post I've heard from AK in a long time. What happened?
Us husky boys gotta stick together.

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic