The Future is Bright

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bigandblue
Posts: 23
Joined: November 9th, 2019, 8:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

The Future is Bright

Post by bigandblue » December 16th, 2020, 11:23 am

When I first heard about the Blake Anderson hire, I was perplexed. With all of the coaching prospects available, we pick a fellow G5 head coach? After mulling on it for a while, Blake is exactly who we need. He can run a program at the level we need to reach.
These users thanked the author bigandblue for the post:
Imakeitrain



USUallyAGGrIvatEd
Posts: 75
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by USUallyAGGrIvatEd » December 16th, 2020, 11:25 am

Sunshine and lollipops. Maybe. Maybe it takes two years. How patient are you?



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by GeoAg » December 16th, 2020, 11:27 am

It will take two years at a minimum. We should all be prepared for that now. Anything less would be a miracle and difficult to sustain


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

bigandblue
Posts: 23
Joined: November 9th, 2019, 8:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by bigandblue » December 16th, 2020, 11:30 am

It's going to be a lot better than you think. We're getting the weak half of the West division next season, so we should win much more out of the gate.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1338
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 464 times
Been thanked: 637 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by Sl7vk » December 16th, 2020, 11:32 am

bigandblue wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:30 am
It's going to be a lot better than you think. We're getting the weak half of the West division next season, so we should win much more out of the gate.
I agree... Sort of. I think SJSU could be good again and UNLV should improve a great deal.

I actually think that with the portal, and a solid staff, we could get to 6 wins next year.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5704
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 474 times
Been thanked: 953 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 16th, 2020, 11:33 am

GeoAg wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:27 am
It will take two years at a minimum. We should all be prepared for that now. Anything less would be a miracle and difficult to sustain
If we can find a QB & just a little more speed on defense, I don't think there's any reason we can't have a decent season next year.



bigandblue
Posts: 23
Joined: November 9th, 2019, 8:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by bigandblue » December 16th, 2020, 11:34 am

Sl7vk wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:32 am
bigandblue wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:30 am
It's going to be a lot better than you think. We're getting the weak half of the West division next season, so we should win much more out of the gate.
I agree... Sort of. I think SJSU could be good again and UNLV should improve a great deal.

I actually think that with the portal, and a solid staff, we could get to 6 wins next year.
Exactly! A bowl game is absolutely within reach.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11442
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 704 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by ViAggie » December 16th, 2020, 12:19 pm

after this year, I'm willing to give anyone two years to build it back, baby steps.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

garyismyhomeboy
Posts: 112
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 4:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by garyismyhomeboy » December 16th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Little things bring great things.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15539
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 833 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by brownjeans » December 16th, 2020, 12:40 pm

So Gerald Bright is coming in as a grad assistant?



Aggie84025
Posts: 3086
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by Aggie84025 » December 16th, 2020, 12:42 pm

brownjeans wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:40 pm
So Gerald Bright is coming in as a grad assistant?
I miss Bright. That kid is a true aggie. He was so much fun to watch and had such a great attitude/personality.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 6):
ViAggiebrownjeansAggieBluesBLUERUFiOaggieguy13Full



mcaggie1
Posts: 2868
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by mcaggie1 » December 16th, 2020, 12:43 pm

GeoAg wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:27 am
It will take two years at a minimum. We should all be prepared for that now. Anything less would be a miracle and difficult to sustain
I believe in miracles.



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4350
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 16th, 2020, 12:45 pm

Can we pin this thread for 2 years so that when we lose a few games we can remind ourselves to avoid the meltdown?
These users thanked the author aceofspadeskb for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOJSHarvey



72AgGrad
Posts: 7131
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by 72AgGrad » December 16th, 2020, 12:52 pm

I really think the new coach should get at least 3 years to rebuild. As we saw with Coach Smith, having one or two really good players on a basketball team can turn things around very quickly. Football is a whole other problem. I hope that if in his second year Coach Anderson hasn't made a bowl game or won a division title that people won't start screaming for his head.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11442
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 704 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by ViAggie » December 16th, 2020, 12:54 pm

72AgGrad wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:52 pm
I really think the new coach should get at least 3 years to rebuild. As we saw with Coach Smith, having one or two really good players on a basketball team can turn things around very quickly. Football is a whole other problem. I hope that if in his second year Coach Anderson hasn't made a bowl game or won a division title that people won't start screaming for his head.
That's how they are doing it at Texas Tech, giving MW a third year to figure things out.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
RigAggie
Posts: 912
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by RigAggie » December 16th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:33 am
GeoAg wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:27 am
It will take two years at a minimum. We should all be prepared for that now. Anything less would be a miracle and difficult to sustain
If we can find a QB & just a little more speed on defense, I don't think there's any reason we can't have a decent season next year.
This^^ I think if we can keep the personnel on offense, with the right OC, we can get wins. We proved that with the win vs. New Mexico. We need the right DC and players on Defense. This was a major problem this year, we couldn't stop a plastic bag floating in the wind.



AggieFanNate
Posts: 32
Joined: December 15th, 2020, 6:17 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by AggieFanNate » December 16th, 2020, 2:36 pm

I trust our offense will be good. Ba's offenses are always good. But we need a good DC to make our defense work. If we can get a even halfway effective defense we are gonna be good. But if we can get a really good defense? I feel like we can be a force in the MW.
These users thanked the author AggieFanNate for the post:
BLUERUFiO



User avatar
Naked Bull Rider
Posts: 461
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 11:15 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by Naked Bull Rider » December 16th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:42 pm
brownjeans wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:40 pm
So Gerald Bright is coming in as a grad assistant?
I miss Bright. That kid is a true aggie. He was so much fun to watch and had such a great attitude/personality.
Me too. No disrespect to Warren, but I was mad at the start of the '19 season when Jaylen was being given more opportunities than Bright. GA inherits this great RB and then does the most Gary thing ever by going outside the program to bring in a guy and instantly giving him the lion's share of the carries.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5943
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 16th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:42 pm
brownjeans wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:40 pm
So Gerald Bright is coming in as a grad assistant?
I miss Bright. That kid is a true aggie. He was so much fun to watch and had such a great attitude/personality.



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2885
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by GUS » December 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm

I love me some Gerald Bright. Bring him back baby!



brian5562
Posts: 1449
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by brian5562 » December 16th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Speaking of qb do we know which ones are coming back?



hickaggie
Posts: 3289
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by hickaggie » December 16th, 2020, 4:25 pm

RigAggie wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:33 am
GeoAg wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:27 am
It will take two years at a minimum. We should all be prepared for that now. Anything less would be a miracle and difficult to sustain
If we can find a QB & just a little more speed on defense, I don't think there's any reason we can't have a decent season next year.
This^^ I think if we can keep the personnel on offense, with the right OC, we can get wins. We proved that with the win vs. New Mexico. We need the right DC and players on Defense. This was a major problem this year, we couldn't stop a plastic bag floating in the wind.
I'm more optimistic this could be turned around with few JC guys and the transfer portal. Not turned around to the point of competing with Boise or in money games, (or even making the zoobs sweat), but lets be honest...the lower half of the mountain west is not that good. In fact, everything after Boise is not going to make anyone quake in their boots.

I'm also higher on Peasley than most and think with a good QB coach and O-coordinator he can be a real weapon. If this team can get some secondary help and a LB or 2 I think the floor next year should be 4-5 wins with a 7-8 win ceiling. But that all depends on if their is significantly more attrition.



AggieFanNate
Posts: 32
Joined: December 15th, 2020, 6:17 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by AggieFanNate » December 16th, 2020, 4:31 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 4:25 pm
RigAggie wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:33 am
GeoAg wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:27 am
It will take two years at a minimum. We should all be prepared for that now. Anything less would be a miracle and difficult to sustain
If we can find a QB & just a little more speed on defense, I don't think there's any reason we can't have a decent season next year.
This^^ I think if we can keep the personnel on offense, with the right OC, we can get wins. We proved that with the win vs. New Mexico. We need the right DC and players on Defense. This was a major problem this year, we couldn't stop a plastic bag floating in the wind.
I'm more optimistic this could be turned around with few JC guys and the transfer portal. Not turned around to the point of competing with Boise or in money games, (or even making the zoobs sweat), but lets be honest...the lower half of the mountain west is not that good. In fact, everything after Boise is not going to make anyone quake in their boots.

I'm also higher on Peasley than most and think with a good QB coach and O-coordinator he can be a real weapon. If this team can get some secondary help and a LB or 2 I think the floor next year should be 4-5 wins with a 7-8 win ceiling. But that all depends on if their is significantly more attrition.
I agree. Plus from what I have seen Blake andersons offense doesn't need a Jordan love type quarterback to work out.



User avatar
AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG
Posts: 6397
Joined: January 10th, 2003, 12:00 am
Location: northeast Iowa
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by AGinNEIowa » December 17th, 2020, 12:21 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 3:00 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:42 pm
brownjeans wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:40 pm
So Gerald Bright is coming in as a grad assistant?
I miss Bright. That kid is a true aggie. He was so much fun to watch and had such a great attitude/personality.
Looks like Jordan Nathan blocking -two different defenders- about 70 and 75 yards down field.


2020 PICK'EM GOOGLE Docs -
BOWLS (pick entry)

WEEK 15 (results)

Imakeitrain
Posts: 7568
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by Imakeitrain » December 17th, 2020, 12:55 pm

2 years from what end point? I don’t expect to be one of the worst teams in the mwc next year. But 2 years is likely optimistic to achieving the goal of winning the mwccg.

We can be a middle of the road mwc next year. We had the talent for it this year.


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4454
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 341 times
Been thanked: 777 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 17th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Yeah 2 years to getting back to 6 wins and a bowl or 2 years to winning the league? I'm afraid getting us to the point of winning the league will be a ways off unless we just recruit some amazing talent that can be great right away.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1868
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 1068 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by JSHarvey » December 17th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 12:55 pm
2 years from what end point? I don’t expect to be one of the worst teams in the mwc next year. But 2 years is likely optimistic to achieving the goal of winning the mwccg.

We can be a middle of the road mwc next year. We had the talent for it this year.
To win a MWC championship will require beating Boise in the regular season and whoever is on top in the Pacific division. I hate to admit it but I don't expect we will do that anytime soon. Two years to being competitive with all but the best teams in the MW, a shot at the MWC championship whenever the stars align correctly for us and not correctly for anyone else. I think it is mostly random chance, I would be incredibly surprised if it happened more often than once a decade.


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

AggieMan5
Posts: 1089
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 2:33 pm
Location: SLC
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by AggieMan5 » December 17th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Honestly, I think this take 2-3 years at best to get this program back in shape. Anderson is left with a completely empty cupboard and virtually no depth at any position.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6074
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 438 times
Contact:

Re: The Future is Bright

Post by TheAKAggie » December 18th, 2020, 8:06 am

Sl7vk wrote:
bigandblue wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 11:30 am
It's going to be a lot better than you think. We're getting the weak half of the West division next season, so we should win much more out of the gate.
I agree... Sort of. I think SJSU could be good again and UNLV should improve a great deal.

I actually think that with the portal, and a solid staff, we could get to 6 wins next year.
UNLV should improve next year, for the 30th straight year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa


Hail Aggies!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic