Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
918AGG
Posts: 658
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by 918AGG » December 12th, 2020, 9:38 am

I was raised to be an Aggie. I'll always be an Aggie. I'm not going anywhere, but today, I'm ashamed to be an Aggie.

This year, I was somehow excited to watch a 1-5 football team get blown out on the road. This is a new low, and an incredibly unpalatable dog turd from a team of totally inept, talentless, heads-up-their-a**es, uninspired players and coaches. And to think: I actually wanted to support them!

I don't understand Frank Maile's silence right now. If I was Frank, I'd be absolutely embarrassed. He was either severely discriminated against (as apparently only evidenced by an unrecorded Zoom meeting held by a small group of 20-somethings) or he's an absolute snake oil salesman.

I call bulls*** on his whole "leader" charade. At this point, I'm entitled to believe that he's an absolute fraud and a selfish, silent enabler. Frank's role as the interim coach is to get the guys ready for war on the football field. He has failed on multiple occasions, and he failed today. With one phone call, one text, one meeting - he could (allegedly) have this team representing USU (poorly... so maybe we actually owe him something here...).

We've learned from history that effective protests are made when players actually show up, ball out, and use that spotlight to shine a light on discrimination. Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Colin Kapernick all come to mind immediately. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe a part of being effective is actually showing up.

It's 21 degrees and snowy in Fort Collins, CO right now. We were heavy dogs before the game. We're down scads of players and coaches. We have nothing (other than "warm fuzzies") to gain from getting a win today.

Not Objectively Known: What was actually said to bring this on. You'd think that something that was actually horribly, disgustingly offensive would be very easily tweet-able, meme-able, reddit-able, e-mail-able, text-able, etc. We haven't seen anything like that yet - only super well-scripted statements from a snake oil salesman (Frank, is that you?).

Most likely: We are a talentless, heartless, valueless, easily offended, dumb lot who would rather play Cyberpunk 2077 and eat Nacho Cheese Doritos than fight on the football field for our Alma Mater.

I'm ashamed to be an Aggie today. Good riddance, Frank.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
coachgtp


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

taniataylor
Posts: 2114
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1327 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by taniataylor » December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am

Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 17):
918AGGjeffdan25MadmartiganereksonaggieParadiseAggieBustaMcNuttSl7vkSlim80CodingAggieBluebluegrouse and 7 more users


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

stwinward
Posts: 440
Joined: August 31st, 2013, 9:35 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by stwinward » December 12th, 2020, 9:44 am

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
Thank you Tania! Just the response needed. We'll get through this.
These users thanked the author stwinward for the post:
taniataylor



Donman
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Donman » December 12th, 2020, 9:46 am

taniataylor wrote:Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
Perfect

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk




User avatar
918AGG
Posts: 658
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by 918AGG » December 12th, 2020, 9:47 am

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
Damn perfect response. Thank you for being you.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
taniataylor


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by AgMac » December 12th, 2020, 9:54 am

Is there room on Anderson's staff for Tania? Also, I'm not joking.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 2):
bluegrouseViAggie



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1351
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 469 times
Been thanked: 641 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Sl7vk » December 12th, 2020, 10:00 am

The more info we get and the more silence from Frank the worse this is looking for him.



taniataylor
Posts: 2114
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1327 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by taniataylor » December 12th, 2020, 10:01 am

AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:54 am
Is there room on Anderson's staff for Tania? Also, I'm not joking.
I could be the receivers coach :)
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 5):
AgMacParadiseAggieosuaggieKrakenbluegrouse


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Madmartigan
Posts: 2921
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Madmartigan » December 12th, 2020, 10:05 am

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
We all owe you a nice Christmas gift for your level-headed perspective.



User avatar
usujazz
Posts: 98
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:20 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by usujazz » December 12th, 2020, 10:11 am

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:01 am
AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:54 am
Is there room on Anderson's staff for Tania? Also, I'm not joking.
I could be the receivers coach :)
From what I have seen receivers thrive in coach Anderson’s system. I think your boy will provide senior leadership and do well with the coaching change. I am grateful both you and your son are Aggies.



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2521
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by newhouse9 » December 12th, 2020, 10:14 am

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
I feel this as well...it's a little like Christmas, and I'm waiting to see what the presents are. It's certainly an unfortunate scenario, but is just an important moment in time for me. Ever onward from here!



dirtnsnow
Posts: 323
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by dirtnsnow » December 12th, 2020, 10:18 am

newhouse9 wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:14 am
taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
I feel this as well...it's a little like Christmas, and I'm waiting to see what the presents are. It's certainly an unfortunate scenario, but is just an important moment in time for me. Ever onward from here!
I like this. Just gotta put out the fire in the Christmas tree first, then on to the presents!


Aggies All the Way!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4491
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 345 times
Been thanked: 800 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 12th, 2020, 10:25 am

Sl7vk wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:00 am
The more info we get and the more silence from Frank the worse this is looking for him.
Frank probably felt he was entitled to the job.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16086
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 621 times
Been thanked: 1220 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 12th, 2020, 10:43 am

I'm only ashamed of Noelle Cockett today.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16086
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 621 times
Been thanked: 1220 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 12th, 2020, 10:44 am

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:01 am
AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:54 am
Is there room on Anderson's staff for Tania? Also, I'm not joking.
I could be the receivers coach :)
Is Jordan coming back next year? I hope so.



cval
Posts: 1031
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by cval » December 12th, 2020, 10:46 am

My only shame is for this board that is so quick to turn on people on the basis of very limited information, likely a misunderstanding.



User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by AgMac » December 12th, 2020, 10:46 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:43 am
I'm only ashamed of Noelle Cockett today.
Cool. What did she say, hipster?
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 2):
ChowderAggieAggieArmy



taniataylor
Posts: 2114
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1327 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by taniataylor » December 12th, 2020, 10:49 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:44 am
taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:01 am
AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:54 am
Is there room on Anderson's staff for Tania? Also, I'm not joking.
I could be the receivers coach :)
Is Jordan coming back next year? I hope so.
Yes.
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
GaAggie


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Slim80
Posts: 116
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Slim80 » December 12th, 2020, 10:56 am

Tania- Thank you for the way you handle yourself on this board. I can’t imagine the emotions steamrolling through your head these past couple of days as a parent of a player and then a participant on this board. We are lucky to have you. Best of luck to Jordan as well. He seems like a great kid.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post (total 5):
sockpuppethipsterdoofus21NowhereLandAggievegasaggietaniataylor



blueblood
Posts: 369
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:52 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by blueblood » December 12th, 2020, 10:57 am

taniataylor wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:44 am
taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:01 am
AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:54 am
Is there room on Anderson's staff for Tania? Also, I'm not joking.
I could be the receivers coach :)
Is Jordan coming back next year? I hope so.
Yes.
I am VERY HAPPY about this in two ways. First I think JN ( I am a big fan) will be a huge asset next year, and second we get Tania for another year!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Ethereal_Owl
Posts: 5
Joined: December 11th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Ethereal_Owl » December 12th, 2020, 10:57 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:I'm only ashamed of Noelle Cockett today.
We don’t even know exactly what was said. It’s a quick-to-judge attitude like this that unnecessary damages our school’s reputation. This is no better than the media establishment that slanders people and institutions for clicks without evidence. Guilty until proven innocent is not a philosophy you would like used on yourself I bet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9301
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2423 times
Been thanked: 762 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by USU78 » December 12th, 2020, 10:57 am

cval wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:46 am
My only shame is for this board that is so quick to turn on people on the basis of very limited information, likely a misunderstanding.
Fanatic-al supporters, mostly alums, have been attacked. Of course they're/we're taking it personal. Those doing the attacking are doing so on the basis of very little information, likely a misunderstanding.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21cval


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie84025
Posts: 3109
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1054 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Aggie84025 » December 12th, 2020, 10:58 am

We are for sure the laughing stock of the state and the conference. Here is to a cleaning of house and a new beginning. It is evident we need a whole new staff and let players go that are not all in. We will be steonger on the other end.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4491
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 345 times
Been thanked: 800 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 12th, 2020, 11:01 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:58 am
We are for sure the laughing stock of the state and the conference. Here is to a cleaning of house and a new beginning. It is evident we need a whole new staff and let players go that are not all in. We will be steonger on the other end.
I can't believe there were people arguing to keep some of the current staff aboard. I hope this ends the dream of some on here for Maile to be our coach down the line.



User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by AgMac » December 12th, 2020, 11:03 am

Everybody just settle down! Hipster is about to tell us what Cockett said. Go ahead, hipster...



Notatrueaggie
Posts: 78
Joined: September 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » December 12th, 2020, 11:03 am

918AGG wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:38 am
I was raised to be an Aggie. I'll always be an Aggie. I'm not going anywhere, but today, I'm ashamed to be an Aggie.

This year, I was somehow excited to watch a 1-5 football team get blown out on the road. This is a new low, and an incredibly unpalatable dog turd from a team of totally inept, talentless, heads-up-their-a**es, uninspired players and coaches. And to think: I actually wanted to support them!

I don't understand Frank Maile's silence right now. If I was Frank, I'd be absolutely embarrassed. He was either severely discriminated against (as apparently only evidenced by an unrecorded Zoom meeting held by a small group of 20-somethings) or he's an absolute snake oil salesman.

I call bulls*** on his whole "leader" charade. At this point, I'm entitled to believe that he's an absolute fraud and a selfish, silent enabler. Frank's role as the interim coach is to get the guys ready for war on the football field. He has failed on multiple occasions, and he failed today. With one phone call, one text, one meeting - he could (allegedly) have this team representing USU (poorly... so maybe we actually owe him something here...).

We've learned from history that effective protests are made when players actually show up, ball out, and use that spotlight to shine a light on discrimination. Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Colin Kapernick all come to mind immediately. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe a part of being effective is actually showing up.

It's 21 degrees and snowy in Fort Collins, CO right now. We were heavy dogs before the game. We're down scads of players and coaches. We have nothing (other than "warm fuzzies") to gain from getting a win today.

Not Objectively Known: What was actually said to bring this on. You'd think that something that was actually horribly, disgustingly offensive would be very easily tweet-able, meme-able, reddit-able, e-mail-able, text-able, etc. We haven't seen anything like that yet - only super well-scripted statements from a snake oil salesman (Frank, is that you?).

Most likely: We are a talentless, heartless, valueless, easily offended, dumb lot who would rather play Cyberpunk 2077 and eat Nacho Cheese Doritos than fight on the football field for our Alma Mater.

I'm ashamed to be an Aggie today. Good riddance, Frank.
Ok, first of all this post really pisses me off.
Like extremely. I know frank personally and loves everyone and treats them like he is there son/daughter. Stop talking (I can't express myself without swearing) on a person when you don’t even know what happened. Maybe frank was discriminated against maybe he wasn’t. But good hell, jumping to conclusions saying that this is his fault, cmon man. He is a true aggie through and through and wants nothing more to be here. Yeah he might be upset at not getting the coaching job after he stayed here over a decade, but damn, people like you need to stop saying he is a (I can't express myself without swearing) coach/person. Frank wasn’t given the job and he might be upset, but do i think he created this whole mess? HELL NO! So stop jumping to conclusions and thinking this is all his fault instead of not knowing the whole story. People like you are the problem and are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be
These users thanked the author Notatrueaggie for the post:
TransplantedSpud



Brushowl
Posts: 97
Joined: January 24th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Location: Homer, Alaska
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Brushowl » December 12th, 2020, 11:10 am

Maile could have stopped this from becoming a big deal!


I support our troops, especially the snipers.

Elkaggie
Posts: 4151
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 12th, 2020, 11:10 am

Notatrueaggie wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 11:03 am
918AGG wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:38 am
I was raised to be an Aggie. I'll always be an Aggie. I'm not going anywhere, but today, I'm ashamed to be an Aggie.

This year, I was somehow excited to watch a 1-5 football team get blown out on the road. This is a new low, and an incredibly unpalatable dog turd from a team of totally inept, talentless, heads-up-their-a**es, uninspired players and coaches. And to think: I actually wanted to support them!

I don't understand Frank Maile's silence right now. If I was Frank, I'd be absolutely embarrassed. He was either severely discriminated against (as apparently only evidenced by an unrecorded Zoom meeting held by a small group of 20-somethings) or he's an absolute snake oil salesman.

I call bulls*** on his whole "leader" charade. At this point, I'm entitled to believe that he's an absolute fraud and a selfish, silent enabler. Frank's role as the interim coach is to get the guys ready for war on the football field. He has failed on multiple occasions, and he failed today. With one phone call, one text, one meeting - he could (allegedly) have this team representing USU (poorly... so maybe we actually owe him something here...).

We've learned from history that effective protests are made when players actually show up, ball out, and use that spotlight to shine a light on discrimination. Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Colin Kapernick all come to mind immediately. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe a part of being effective is actually showing up.

It's 21 degrees and snowy in Fort Collins, CO right now. We were heavy dogs before the game. We're down scads of players and coaches. We have nothing (other than "warm fuzzies") to gain from getting a win today.

Not Objectively Known: What was actually said to bring this on. You'd think that something that was actually horribly, disgustingly offensive would be very easily tweet-able, meme-able, reddit-able, e-mail-able, text-able, etc. We haven't seen anything like that yet - only super well-scripted statements from a snake oil salesman (Frank, is that you?).

Most likely: We are a talentless, heartless, valueless, easily offended, dumb lot who would rather play Cyberpunk 2077 and eat Nacho Cheese Doritos than fight on the football field for our Alma Mater.

I'm ashamed to be an Aggie today. Good riddance, Frank.
Ok, first of all this post really pisses me off.
Like extremely. I know frank personally and loves everyone and treats them like he is there son/daughter. Stop talking (I can't express myself without swearing) on a person when you don’t even know what happened. Maybe frank was discriminated against maybe he wasn’t. But good hell, jumping to conclusions saying that this is his fault, cmon man. He is a true aggie through and through and wants nothing more to be here. Yeah he might be upset at not getting the coaching job after he stayed here over a decade, but damn, people like you need to stop saying he is a (I can't express myself without swearing) coach/person. Frank wasn’t given the job and he might be upset, but do i think he created this whole mess? HELL NO! So stop jumping to conclusions and thinking this is all his fault instead of not knowing the whole story. People like you are the problem and are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be
Thank you.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
TransplantedSpud



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7514
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 488 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by 2004AG » December 12th, 2020, 11:20 am

Notatrueaggie wrote:
918AGG wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:38 am
I was raised to be an Aggie. I'll always be an Aggie. I'm not going anywhere, but today, I'm ashamed to be an Aggie.

This year, I was somehow excited to watch a 1-5 football team get blown out on the road. This is a new low, and an incredibly unpalatable dog turd from a team of totally inept, talentless, heads-up-their-a**es, uninspired players and coaches. And to think: I actually wanted to support them!

I don't understand Frank Maile's silence right now. If I was Frank, I'd be absolutely embarrassed. He was either severely discriminated against (as apparently only evidenced by an unrecorded Zoom meeting held by a small group of 20-somethings) or he's an absolute snake oil salesman.

I call bulls*** on his whole "leader" charade. At this point, I'm entitled to believe that he's an absolute fraud and a selfish, silent enabler. Frank's role as the interim coach is to get the guys ready for war on the football field. He has failed on multiple occasions, and he failed today. With one phone call, one text, one meeting - he could (allegedly) have this team representing USU (poorly... so maybe we actually owe him something here...).

We've learned from history that effective protests are made when players actually show up, ball out, and use that spotlight to shine a light on discrimination. Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Colin Kapernick all come to mind immediately. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe a part of being effective is actually showing up.

It's 21 degrees and snowy in Fort Collins, CO right now. We were heavy dogs before the game. We're down scads of players and coaches. We have nothing (other than "warm fuzzies") to gain from getting a win today.

Not Objectively Known: What was actually said to bring this on. You'd think that something that was actually horribly, disgustingly offensive would be very easily tweet-able, meme-able, reddit-able, e-mail-able, text-able, etc. We haven't seen anything like that yet - only super well-scripted statements from a snake oil salesman (Frank, is that you?).

Most likely: We are a talentless, heartless, valueless, easily offended, dumb lot who would rather play Cyberpunk 2077 and eat Nacho Cheese Doritos than fight on the football field for our Alma Mater.

I'm ashamed to be an Aggie today. Good riddance, Frank.
Ok, first of all this post really pisses me off.
Like extremely. I know frank personally and loves everyone and treats them like he is there son/daughter. Stop talking (I can't express myself without swearing) on a person when you don’t even know what happened. Maybe frank was discriminated against maybe he wasn’t. But good hell, jumping to conclusions saying that this is his fault, cmon man. He is a true aggie through and through and wants nothing more to be here. Yeah he might be upset at not getting the coaching job after he stayed here over a decade, but damn, people like you need to stop saying he is a (I can't express myself without swearing) coach/person. Frank wasn’t given the job and he might be upset, but do i think he created this whole mess? HELL NO! So stop jumping to conclusions and thinking this is all his fault instead of not knowing the whole story. People like you are the problem and are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be
If Frank is indeed a true Aggie through and through, he needs to put out this fire, like today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
Sl7vk



Imakeitrain
Posts: 7608
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by Imakeitrain » December 12th, 2020, 11:32 am

Notatrueaggie wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 11:03 am
918AGG wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:38 am
I was raised to be an Aggie. I'll always be an Aggie. I'm not going anywhere, but today, I'm ashamed to be an Aggie.

This year, I was somehow excited to watch a 1-5 football team get blown out on the road. This is a new low, and an incredibly unpalatable dog turd from a team of totally inept, talentless, heads-up-their-a**es, uninspired players and coaches. And to think: I actually wanted to support them!

I don't understand Frank Maile's silence right now. If I was Frank, I'd be absolutely embarrassed. He was either severely discriminated against (as apparently only evidenced by an unrecorded Zoom meeting held by a small group of 20-somethings) or he's an absolute snake oil salesman.

I call bulls*** on his whole "leader" charade. At this point, I'm entitled to believe that he's an absolute fraud and a selfish, silent enabler. Frank's role as the interim coach is to get the guys ready for war on the football field. He has failed on multiple occasions, and he failed today. With one phone call, one text, one meeting - he could (allegedly) have this team representing USU (poorly... so maybe we actually owe him something here...).

We've learned from history that effective protests are made when players actually show up, ball out, and use that spotlight to shine a light on discrimination. Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Colin Kapernick all come to mind immediately. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe a part of being effective is actually showing up.

It's 21 degrees and snowy in Fort Collins, CO right now. We were heavy dogs before the game. We're down scads of players and coaches. We have nothing (other than "warm fuzzies") to gain from getting a win today.

Not Objectively Known: What was actually said to bring this on. You'd think that something that was actually horribly, disgustingly offensive would be very easily tweet-able, meme-able, reddit-able, e-mail-able, text-able, etc. We haven't seen anything like that yet - only super well-scripted statements from a snake oil salesman (Frank, is that you?).

Most likely: We are a talentless, heartless, valueless, easily offended, dumb lot who would rather play Cyberpunk 2077 and eat Nacho Cheese Doritos than fight on the football field for our Alma Mater.

I'm ashamed to be an Aggie today. Good riddance, Frank.
Ok, first of all this post really pisses me off.
Like extremely. I know frank personally and loves everyone and treats them like he is there son/daughter. Stop talking (I can't express myself without swearing) on a person when you don’t even know what happened. Maybe frank was discriminated against maybe he wasn’t. But good hell, jumping to conclusions saying that this is his fault, cmon man. He is a true aggie through and through and wants nothing more to be here. Yeah he might be upset at not getting the coaching job after he stayed here over a decade, but damn, people like you need to stop saying he is a (I can't express myself without swearing) coach/person. Frank wasn’t given the job and he might be upset, but do i think he created this whole mess? HELL NO! So stop jumping to conclusions and thinking this is all his fault instead of not knowing the whole story. People like you are the problem and are making this a bigger deal than it needs to be

Then get in line and be pissed off. Everyone else is pissed off too. I’m pissed off at the product and the organizational failures. Do you see anyone happy? Are you kidding me?


Nothing that happened publicly this season reflects well on Maile or Andersen.

So if you want people to know “more facts” then by all means share them or step off. It’s very dishonest to criticize people for being ignorant while the people making the allegations and Maile himself are actively suppressing the specifics while floating some generic accusation.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 3):
AgMacBrushowlcoachgtp


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16086
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 621 times
Been thanked: 1220 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 12th, 2020, 11:51 am

AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 11:03 am
Everybody just settle down! Hipster is about to tell us what Cockett said. Go ahead, hipster...
She said, "Go Eggies"



taniataylor
Posts: 2114
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1327 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by taniataylor » December 12th, 2020, 12:03 pm

I know things are going to be ok.

Image
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21ToedrAg


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3349
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by ineptimusprime » December 12th, 2020, 12:05 pm

NEVER ashamed to be an Aggie. But understand the sentiment right now.



AngusAg
Posts: 932
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 11:38 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by AngusAg » December 12th, 2020, 12:29 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 12:03 pm
I know things are going to be ok.

Image
A-frickin-men



User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by AgMac » December 12th, 2020, 12:29 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 11:51 am
AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 11:03 am
Everybody just settle down! Hipster is about to tell us what Cockett said. Go ahead, hipster...
She said, "Go Eggies"
I suspect this is genuinely the extent of your knowledge of what was actually said.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
AggieArmy



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic