Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Snivellingtub5

Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...

Post by Snivellingtub5 » December 11th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Sorry, I am done with the PC, entitlement, “no fact” aspects of our society!!! I will be calling the ticket office and getting my ticket money back for next year. No more donations to USU athletics. I would rather these student-athletes focus on school. University won’t get my donation money and either will the players/student-athletes. They can pay for school like I’m doing for my kids now. DONE! Flame away...don’t care. :thanks:
These users thanked the author Snivellingtub5 for the post (total 3):
MrBiggleFloridaAggie13SLB

Madmartigan

Re: Ticket Refund and No Future Donations...

Post by Madmartigan » December 11th, 2020, 7:20 pm

Snivellingtub5 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:16 pm
Sorry, I am done with the PC, entitlement, “no fact” aspects of our society!!! I will be calling the ticket office and getting my ticket money back for next year. No more donations to USU athletics. I would rather these student-athletes focus on school. University won’t get my donation money and either will the players/student-athletes. They can pay for school like I’m doing for my kids now. DONE! Flame away...don’t care. :thanks:
You are also punishing university employees that owe their jobs to ticket sales and related athletic revenue. If this is the hill you want to die on, I guess.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 11th, 2020, 7:23 pm

Snivellingtub5 wrote:
k

stang

Post by stang » December 11th, 2020, 7:31 pm

Don't let the door hit ya. It's clear that you don't care about the student athletes, so they, and USU athletics as a whole, are better off without you. PEACE.

cval

Post by cval » December 11th, 2020, 7:37 pm

If that's how you want to respond. Fine.... up to you.

But what is your purpose in announcing it to all of us? Just quietly skulk away.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » December 11th, 2020, 7:38 pm

Can’t fix stupid. See ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 11th, 2020, 7:42 pm

stang wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:31 pm
Don't let the door hit ya. It's clear that you don't care about the student athletes, so they, and USU athletics as a whole, are better off without you. PEACE.
It's precisely because he does care about student-athletes that he's voting with his feet because it's as self-evident as any proposition can be that we don't have a football team comprised of male student-athletes but rather, entitled little girls.
These users thanked the author Smokin Joe for the post:
Snivellingtub5

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » December 11th, 2020, 7:44 pm

Oh no, Snivelingtub and their 15 posts is canceling USU sports over cancel culture... How ever will we move forward?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Gretsch for the post:
stewusu98

Harcher

Post by Harcher » December 11th, 2020, 7:54 pm

Gretsch wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Oh no, Snivelingtub and their 15 posts is canceling USU sports over cancel culture... How ever will we move forward?

Can you let me know what I'm allowed to be frustrated with due to only have 300ish posts? East side bathrooms?
These users thanked the author Harcher for the post (total 3):
ToedrAgAggieFBObsessionBustaMcNutt

stang

Post by stang » December 11th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:42 pm
stang wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:31 pm
It's precisely because he does care about student-athletes that he's voting with his feet because it's as self-evident as any proposition can be that we don't have a football team comprised of male student-athletes but rather, entitled little girls.
Joe, I pray that you one day do the same.

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » December 11th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Harcher wrote:
Gretsch wrote:

Can you let me know what I'm allowed to be frustrated with due to only have 300ish posts? East side bathrooms?
300 you are allowed to complain about parking and not being allowed to bring in a cooler to the stadium. 500 posts and you can threaten to stop your big blue donations over east side bathrooms or the marching bands song selection.

AggieFBObsession

Harcher

Post by Harcher » December 11th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Gretsch wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:58 pm
Harcher wrote:
Gretsch wrote:

300 you are allowed to complain about parking and not being allowed to bring in a cooler to the stadium. 500 posts and you can threaten to stop your big blue donations over east side bathrooms or the marching bands song selection.

:thumbsup:

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 11th, 2020, 8:03 pm

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » December 11th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Snivellingtub5 wrote:
It’s funny how the same people that are sick of the PC culture are the same ones that talk down on cancel culture as well, but yet here you are being a part of cancel culture.
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post:
Stucki

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 11th, 2020, 8:16 pm

Snivellingtub5 wrote:
I can't say that I blame you. I will still continue to buy tickets and give donations but this team right now and the players on it are not giving me much of a motivation to really want to do it. I know I will continue to do it but that is just how I feel at this time.

SLB

Post by SLB » December 11th, 2020, 8:23 pm

Snivellingtub5 wrote:
I agree with this feeling. The Aggies are the only ones responsible for this mess, and the Aggies need to take responsibility of their actions. The Aggie leadership had days to solve this issue.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » December 11th, 2020, 8:47 pm

IM LEABING THIS TEAM AND I MUST LEG YOU ALL KNOW

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » December 11th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Gretsch wrote:

This post is a stupid as the original post.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post:
Stucki

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » December 11th, 2020, 9:30 pm

Slim80 wrote:
Gretsch wrote:

This post is a stupid as the original post.
Thanks slim.

OrangeCountyAggie

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 11th, 2020, 9:34 pm

I'm looking forward to the rebuild. I'm excited to see changes.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
BLUERUFiO

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » December 11th, 2020, 10:53 pm

Snivellingtub5 wrote:
You act as if the USU football team is the only team in USU athletics. One thought: take your USU football ticket money and donate it to USU softball. They actually elect to play their games. Just a grain of reason from 918AGG.

Truthfully, I missed a lot of this tonight, and I'm just now getting caught up. It's insane to think that our team would do this for ANY reason. Think about how many lives this affects during an already super-sh**y COVID year. Refs, the opposing team, the conference, TV personnel, local Colorado economies (yeah, I know there'd be nobody there anyways), USU athletics personnel, USU social media personnel - you're putting them all in a really sh**ty spot by doing this.

Noelle better have said some super messed up sh**. Goodbye Frank. Your version of USU football brotherhood sucks.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
AgMac

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » December 11th, 2020, 11:10 pm

The sad thing is when GA was canned, it didn't necessarily feel like a full rebuild/restart/culture change/bottoming out was all that necessary. Just needed to find an up-and-coming coach to inject some juice (that GA lacked) to build upon what had been established over the last decade.

And then things just kept getting worse........

and worse

and worse

and worse.

and worse.
Last edited by OrangeCountyAggie on December 11th, 2020, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOLarryTheAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 11th, 2020, 11:29 pm

You seem to be doing some sniveling.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » December 12th, 2020, 6:22 am

I've had the thought that the money I give to Aggie Athletics could be better used elsewhere for a long time. Not saying I'm making any changes, just another data point.

Funny, a week or so ago I got a call from a football player thanking me for my donation, wonder what role he played here, how thankful is he really? (Obviously a rhetorical question.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 12th, 2020, 7:54 am

UStateTim wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:12 pm
Snivellingtub5 wrote:
It’s funny how the same people that are sick of the PC culture are the same ones that talk down on cancel culture as well, but yet here you are being a part of cancel culture.
Although I dont agree with OP- your post is incredibly misguided.

Cancel culture is NOT voting with your dollars. Clearly OP doesn't think his donation alone would cause the school to not have money for scholarships. Very few peoples donation to the BBSF is enough to impact the ability to give scholarships- plus a lot of the money is probably corpus. (I'm not sure on all of the technicalities of the BBSF- maybe it all goes to the GF)

Cancel culture is actively trying to get someone fired based on a statement that is vaguely alleged and very few people fully believe... (but more often based on a true allegation that occurred so long ago it no longer matters)...

One is a personal choice that is neither moral or immoral. He can do what he wants with his dollars- and it will not truly affect anyone else but him.

The other is an actual evil act (Actively trying to harm someone else with no evidence and what seems to very misleading and vague allegations)

Also, there is a big difference putting frustration on a message board, and making national news by trying to get someone fired.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
USU78

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » December 12th, 2020, 9:49 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 7:54 am
UStateTim wrote:
Snivellingtub5 wrote:

Cancel culture is NOT voting with your dollars. Clearly OP doesn't think his donation alone would cause the school to not have money for scholarships. Very few peoples donation to the BBSF is enough to impact the ability to give scholarships- plus a lot of the money is probably corpus. (I'm not sure on all of the technicalities of the BBSF- maybe it all goes to the GF)

Cancel culture is actively trying to get someone fired based on a statement that is vaguely alleged and very few people fully believe... (but more often based on a true allegation that occurred so long ago it no longer matters)...

One is a personal choice that is neither moral or immoral. He can do what he wants with his dollars- and it will not truly affect anyone else but him.

The other is an actual evil act (Actively trying to harm someone else with no evidence and what seems to very misleading and vague allegations)

Also, there is a big difference putting frustration on a message board, and making national news by trying to get someone fired.
Yeah I’m sure announcing on the board that he’s not donating anymore wasn’t an attempt to encourage others to do the same as well. Good catch

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 12th, 2020, 10:02 am

Well I guess I’m going to double down because I’m 100% behind Crockett, Hartwell,Anderson and this school.

BioAggie

Post by BioAggie » December 12th, 2020, 10:43 am

I like some others, don't make a yearly donation. For a few reasons, I don't currently make enough money to do so (personal choice, not lack of opportunity, I am a high school science teacher), and second, I paid enough for 10 years of school (again personal choice, I liked learning random things from random classes). However I am still an avid Aggie. I have had 4 nieces and nephews attend USU because of my passion for everything Aggie related, Along with countless students (another reason I don't donate, I feel like my recruitment efforts are sufficient).

I want this school to succeed, I believe that the educational opportunities that are there are on par with ANY other school. I also want athletics to succeed.

I have felt like this football season was a cancer. I don't know the athletes, I don't know the coaches, but I know the perception that the community has about USU. (Based on my recruiting efforts with my students). When a patient goes in for cancer treatment, the doctors are not gentle. In an effort to rid the body of cancer, healthy tissue will also end up being removed. And along the way the patient will fill like death has come and won. HOPEFULLY, in the end though, the cancer is removed successfully, and the body will return to normal healthy function. This is what this year needs, a doctor that is willing to not only remove the cancer(which I believe was done), but also remove some healthy tissue along the edges, to ensure the cancer doesn't return.

We the fans, will feel like death has come and won, but in the end, the Aggie Nation will return to a healthy body and we will thrive.

Welcome Dr. Blake Anderson, your patient is prepped and ready.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » December 12th, 2020, 10:45 am

I have no problem with a person electing to not donate their money due to this mess. Personally I'd like to see the OP choose to donate his money to another area of the university, either another team, or to an academic department, or something like that.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 12th, 2020, 10:48 am

This is a weird time for boycotting the program. You want change? Guess what? We literally are getting change today! You got your wish. Maile is gone and many of the most vocal players involved in this will likely be gone. It is literally a new chapter in USU football today. I'd encourage you to support the new coach and new phase of the program, but you do you. This is an amazing planet with a ton of amazing things to do, so I don't judge people from wanting to spend their money elsewhere. Go scuba diving in the Maldives. You won't regret it.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 12th, 2020, 10:53 am

UStateTim wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:49 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 7:54 am
UStateTim wrote:
Snivellingtub5 wrote:

Yeah I’m sure announcing on the board that he’s not donating anymore wasn’t an attempt to encourage others to do the same as well. Good catch
I think it was more of a b!tch fit.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
USU78

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 12th, 2020, 11:12 am

meh, I'm looking forward to the future, not ready to bail yet.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 12th, 2020, 11:20 am

BioAggie wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:43 am
I like some others, don't make a yearly donation. For a few reasons, I don't currently make enough money to do so (personal choice, not lack of opportunity, I am a high school science teacher), and second, I paid enough for 10 years of school (again personal choice, I liked learning random things from random classes). However I am still an avid Aggie. I have had 4 nieces and nephews attend USU because of my passion for everything Aggie related, Along with countless students (another reason I don't donate, I feel like my recruitment efforts are sufficient).

I want this school to succeed, I believe that the educational opportunities that are there are on par with ANY other school. I also want athletics to succeed.

I have felt like this football season was a cancer. I don't know the athletes, I don't know the coaches, but I know the perception that the community has about USU. (Based on my recruiting efforts with my students). When a patient goes in for cancer treatment, the doctors are not gentle. In an effort to rid the body of cancer, healthy tissue will also end up being removed. And along the way the patient will fill like death has come and won. HOPEFULLY, in the end though, the cancer is removed successfully, and the body will return to normal healthy function. This is what this year needs, a doctor that is willing to not only remove the cancer(which I believe was done), but also remove some healthy tissue along the edges, to ensure the cancer doesn't return.

We the fans, will feel like death has come and won, but in the end, the Aggie Nation will return to a healthy body and we will thrive.

Welcome Dr. Blake Anderson, your patient is prepped and ready.
Great post. I have never understood the hostility from the community to the university. I mean on an average 13-15k students that are there that are paying rent, buying Foods going to your restaurants, without the university there Logan doesn't have a lot.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 12th, 2020, 11:54 am

Harcher wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:54 pm
Gretsch wrote:

Nope, that's the 600+ club. You can hate on the parking prices.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » December 12th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Snivellingtub5 wrote:
I don't use this term lightly, but you sir are a hero.

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic