The lesson here

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Stucki

Re: The lesson here

Post by Stucki » December 11th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Ag4life wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:28 pm
I’ve interacted a decent amount with Noelle in situations where she didn’t have to be politically correct or overly cautious about who she was talking to and my only take away is how she cares for every student. Both in attempts to support the minority, the struggling poor student, or anything else. She’s never come across as out of touch with reality or anything like that.

So, I will let personal interactions and past actions speak volumes right now as the opposing view lacks any specifics. Until more specific details come out, I have to believe this is nothing more than misinterpreting what was said. It may be valid, but it could also be a situation that both parties are potentially wrong. She said something in a way she wasn’t meaning for it to come out like that and the players interpreted something even further that wasn’t really said.
This is quite understandable. If more our message board brothers (and sisters) responded in this matter without the hyperbole and vitriol, I would not have posted myself.

Hail the Utah Aggies!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 11th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Ag4life wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:28 pm
I’ve interacted a decent amount with Noelle in situations where she didn’t have to be politically correct or overly cautious about who she was talking to and my only take away is how she cares for every student. Both in attempts to support the minority, the struggling poor student, or anything else. She’s never come across as out of touch with reality or anything like that.

So, I will let personal interactions and past actions speak volumes right now as the opposing view lacks any specifics. Until more specific details come out, I have to believe this is nothing more than misinterpreting what was said. It may be valid, but it could also be a situation that both parties are potentially wrong. She said something in a way she wasn’t meaning for it to come out like that and the players interpreted something even further that wasn’t really said.
Thank you with your post. Even if she said some things that were not politically correct I still don't think the team should be canceling the game and not playing the game they signed up to do.

Stucki

Post by Stucki » December 11th, 2020, 8:40 pm

[/quote]
Thank you with your post. Even if she said some things that were not politically correct I still don't think the team should be canceling the game and not playing the game they signed up to do.
[/quote]

While I would have liked to watch one last game this season as well, they did use the only leverage they have to address what they see as a pattern of injustice.

Hail the Utah Aggies!

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » December 11th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Agreed, 3rdGen. I would speculate that Ag4life's post is probably as close as we'll get to the actual occurrence. This has been an emotionally charged season for the players who are still here. That they're playing at this level and have stayed for the entirety of a miserable year suggests to me their passion for the team. I've been totally impressed with Cockett in her time as the university president. I'm guessing that emotions have been involved, and emotional reasoning took place along with the potential for a misspoken thought that perhaps came out in an unintended/unrepresentative manner. I hope that the full info will come to light. I also hope a full discussion between all parties will take place out of the media realm.
These users thanked the author cdaAg for the post (total 2):
Stucki3rdGenAggie

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 12th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Yossarian wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 6:40 pm
The lesson here:

It is the responsibility of the athletic director to make his selection of head coaches and present them to the university president and board of trustees. The AD should make his decision with the help of professional agencies or other available confidants at his disposal that have experience and opinions in the matter. It is not recommended that the AD give strong consideration to 20 year-old kids' opinions about the only coach that they have known in their short career and who will no longer be a part of the team in 1 or 2 years. This is a long-term decision and is bigger than the opinion of the players. The AD should welcome input and even one-on-one meetings, but should not use these opinions to make his decision.

The meeting with Cockett, Hartwell, and the team should have never happened. They were trying to be too PC and accommodating and it has come back to bite them.
That is the most sensible thing I have read on the subject.

Jimmy Lee Farnsworth would be proud of you. I certainly am.

Locked Previous topicNext topic