Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeoAg

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

Post by GeoAg » December 11th, 2020, 3:43 pm

Aggs&Jazz12 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:16 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:11 pm
I’m not believing this until I hear the comments Cockett made. She has been nothing but class since she got here, and has given a lot of focus to athletics. I have a hard time believing she didn’t hire Maile, just because of his LDS faith.
I can totally see Maile fanning the narrative that he wasn't hired because of his race and religion with the players. Having shared just a few conversations with President Cockett, she's always struck me as nothing but pure class.
Thinking that Frank is even capable of something as petty and childish as this suggests you can’t possibly know the man. This may be the worst comment I’ve ever seen in this fan forum and in an effort to not lose my cool, I’ll just leave it at that with a suggestion to spend some time in front of a mirror in the near future.
I agree. I would find this as unlikely as Cockett saying the things she's being accused of.I don't see Frank's family doing anything remotely like this.

"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

cval

Post by cval » December 11th, 2020, 3:47 pm

This thread is a disservice to both President Cockett and Coach Mailer.

Both are high class people and those of you who are stooping to cast aspersions really have no idea what you are talking about.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 11th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Does Mr. Anderson really want to coach this mess?

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 11th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Aggs&Jazz12 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
I’m not believing this until I hear the comments Cockett made. She has been nothing but class since she got here, and has given a lot of focus to athletics. I have a hard time believing she didn’t hire Maile, just because of his LDS faith.
I can totally see Maile fanning the narrative that he wasn't hired because of his race and religion with the players. Having shared just a few conversations with President Cockett, she's always struck me as nothing but pure class.
Thinking that Frank is even capable of something as petty and childish as this suggests you can’t possibly know the man. This may be the worst comment I’ve ever seen in this fan forum and in an effort to not lose my cool, I’ll just leave it at that with a suggestion to spend some time in front of a mirror in the near future.
Frank is the head of this ship right now. How else have we gotten to this point?
These are his players, and there has to be accountability to actions. What's Frank's role in all this?

And to ElkAggie, I've got nothing against Frank. I've actually really enjoyed his pressers, and he's shown me some good things.... He's also way over his head for a HC job, and this is really proving it out.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 11th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Aggs&Jazz12 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
Frank is the head of this ship right now. How else have we gotten to this point?
These are his players, and there has to be accountability to actions. What's Frank's role in all this?

And to ElkAggie, I've got nothing against Frank. I've actually really enjoyed his pressers, and he's shown me some good things.... He's also way over his head for a HC job, and this is really proving it out.
Frank’s role in this was zero. Suggesting it’s his fault that we are at this point is ridiculous and whats even worse is making the the statement above. SMH

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 11th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:10 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Aggs&Jazz12 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Frank’s role in this was zero. Suggesting it’s his fault that we are at this point is ridiculous and whats even worse is making the the statement above. SMH
It's been mentioned here that Frank was enraged about not getting the job. Not saying his strategy is to burn the house down, but I'm not saying that isn't a possibility either.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
USU78

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 11th, 2020, 4:29 pm

So Frank is getting believed because he's entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

Cockett is not believed because she's not entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

Is that how this works?

#sexismstinks

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 11th, 2020, 4:30 pm

2021 will be better right?

coolag

Post by coolag » December 11th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Believe women!!!!

stang

Post by stang » December 11th, 2020, 4:32 pm

The ignorance of some on here is unbelievable.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 11th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Elkaggie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:10 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Aggs&Jazz12 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

It's been mentioned here that Frank was enraged about not getting the job. Not saying his strategy is to burn the house down, but I'm not saying that isn't a possibility either.
Enraged? Where who said that?

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm

CastIronAggie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:42 pm
USU78 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:39 pm
GeoAg wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:33 pm
Yes. Need to hear what was said.
Wasn't recorded
I want to see a quote then. Have them come up with what they think she said and she can tell us if she said that or if it was misheard.
This. I don't expect them to have it recorded, but if they're going to come out with these accusations, "something mean about his religion" isn't going to cut it.

Give the media what you all understood her to have said.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
CastIronAggie

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » December 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Is that how this works?

#sexismstinks
sexist to not believe President Cockett; racist to not believe the players; also racist to not believe Maile, but maybe otherwise bigoted as well. out of the frying pan and into the fire. Welcome to the 2020s in middle America...where the only non-offensive choice is vanilla ice cream. Wait a sec....
These users thanked the author ShowMeAggie for the post (total 2):
aggieazMaverickAggie

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » December 11th, 2020, 4:44 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm
USU78 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Is that how this works?

#sexismstinks
sexist to not believe President Cockett; racist to not believe the players; also racist to not believe Maile, but maybe otherwise bigoted as well. out of the frying pan and into the fire. Welcome to the 2020s in middle America...where the only non-offensive choice is vanilla ice cream. Wait a sec....
:cheers:
Well played!

Where only sage brush grows

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 11th, 2020, 5:40 pm

Here are some tweets from the university.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 11th, 2020, 5:42 pm

stang wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 4:32 pm
The ignorance of some on here is unbelievable.
I think we are only ignorant because we don't have a clue about what happened and nobody will tell us.. :noidea:

cval

Post by cval » December 11th, 2020, 5:51 pm

I suspect that in the end these players will find that they did not wield as much power as they thought. President Cockett has a stellar reputation. The chances of finding dirt and other statements in her past to add fuel to the fire is pretty much zero.

I admit to knowing very little about Hartwell. Don't know how he will weather it.

She will have a lot of support, and the players will end up looking a bit juvenile.

Coach AndersOn will see this as an opportunity to build a strong culture from the ground up. He will not be fazed by it.

I am not as concerned about long term consequences as some of you.
These users thanked the author cval for the post (total 2):
GUSvegasaggie

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 11th, 2020, 5:56 pm

cval wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 5:51 pm
I suspect that in the end these players will find that they did not wield as much power as they thought. President Cockett has a stellar reputation. The chances of finding dirt and other statements in her past to add fuel to the fire is pretty much zero.

I admit to knowing very little about Hartwell. Don't know how he will weather it.

She will have a lot of support, and the players will end up looking a bit juvenile.

Coach AndersOn will see this as an opportunity to build a strong culture from the ground up. He will not be fazed by it.

I am not as concerned about long term consequences as some of you.
No one outside of this board and some of our rivals pestering us with it will care about this in a couple weeks.

It's not like she referred to one of our black recruits using the n word in a text or anything.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 11th, 2020, 6:10 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 5:40 pm
Here are some tweets from the university.

Do not do no do not say boo in that meeting, Noelle. You were set up once, don't fall for it again.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » December 11th, 2020, 7:19 pm

TrueAG wrote:Peace out! Enjoy Div 2.
Bond will not be playing DII football and you know it. Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » December 11th, 2020, 9:34 pm

cval wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:14 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:10 pm
TrueAG wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Just saw they are boycotting CSU

https://watchstadium.com/utah-state-pla ... 2-11-2020/
If what's being said in this article is true, then we may all have been wrong about what's going on.

It says that President Crockett made a comment about Coach Maile's religious views as the main driver of the frustration.

“On Tuesday, December 8th, the Utah State University Football Leadership Council held a zoom meeting with Noelle Crockett, President of USU, and John Hartwell, the Athletic Director. The purpose of the meeting was to have a say in the search for our new head coach. During the meeting, we voiced our support for Interim Head Coach Frank Maile. In response to our comments, their primary concern was his religious and cultural background. Players, stating their diverse faiths and backgrounds, then jumped to Coach Frank Maile’s defense in treating everyone with love, equality, and fairness."

“We want our message to be clear that this has nothing to do with the hiring of Coach Blake Anderson, the recently-named head coach of the program. We are sure he is an excellent coach; we look forward to meeting him and his staff. We are highlighting the ongoing problems of inequality and want to create a better future for the community of Logan and Utah State University.”

WTF is going on here?!? Why would President Crockett be worried about his faith when she is a member of the same church? What was even said?!
She is not a member of the same Church, however, in all of my interactions with her she has been very supportive of, and respectful toward folks who are.
Ditto

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 12th, 2020, 8:42 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:19 pm

There are definitely scenarios here where Shaq ends looking like a social justice warrior that’s in the right and another D1 school gives him a chance.

There’s also the scenario where Shaq gets the Jussie Smollett treatment and gets totally blackballed by all football programs at all levels.

He is definitely a D1 talent though.

It feels like a safe assumption he is leaving but he hasn’t hit the portal yet, right?

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 12th, 2020, 8:46 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 8:42 am
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

There are definitely scenarios here where Shaq ends looking like a social justice warrior that’s in the right and another D1 school gives him a chance.

There’s also the scenario where Shaq gets the Jussie Smollett treatment and gets totally blackballed by all football programs at all levels.

It feels like a safe assumption he is leaving but he hasn’t hit the portal yet, right?
There is no scenario where I want Shaq Bond on the team. He has taken to social media and blasted every decision made about the program - even blasting Maile when Shelley was dismissed.

That said, he was one of our better defensive players. Not phenomenal compared to past players, but one of the better ones we have. So he'll end up at a D1 school, but it will be MAC or CUSA.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 2):
USU78sockpuppet

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 12th, 2020, 8:51 am

AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 8:46 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

There is no scenario where I want Shaq Bond on the team. He has taken to social media and blasted every decision made about the program - even blasting Maile when Shelley was dismissed.

That said, he was one of our better defensive players. Not phenomenal compared to past players, but one of the better ones we have. So he'll end up at a D1 school, but it will be MAC or CUSA.
I understand that. There’s just no way he is going to be forced off the team in retaliation for raising issues of potential discrimination. If Shaq leaves, it’ll be because Shaq wants to leave.

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » December 12th, 2020, 8:52 am

AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 8:46 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Has he said he is transferring too!?

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » December 12th, 2020, 9:15 am

USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:15 pm
TrueAG wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:08 pm
Calling it racism is a big accusation. I know it's the go-to if you don't get your way nowadays but you better back that up or GTFO.
It was stupid and irresponsible, and whoever convinced him to kill the tweet was the overwrought kid's best friend.

I would advise watching the miked up vid of Anderson's interaction with players.
Here's the referenced video:
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post:
USU78

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic