Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GUS

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

Post by GUS » December 10th, 2020, 10:46 pm

Frank needs to gain experience at some other schools, get to know more coaches and maybe even try coaching an FBS school like Hill is doing. Then he can come back to USU as a better coach ready to take over. Just my 2 cents.

coolag

Post by coolag » December 10th, 2020, 10:47 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:17 pm
There's quite a few voicing frustration on twitter. Metzenheimer, Pitcher, Shelton, Lampkin, Etc.
Guys that aren't any good.

coolag

Post by coolag » December 10th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:56 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:51 pm
Elkaggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:30 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:29 pm
Those kind or comments are IMHO why this team is not all that great. I will leave it at that. 90% of those kids would not be picked up by any D-1 program.
Sorry I completely disagree. We have awesome kids in the program and Bond is helluva player.
Let me just say this of that list given of those on twitter , one kid is overweight, one is as poor a tackler as I have seen, another is very limited in ability period. One of those mentioned would get a look from me as a possible player I would have interest in..

To be honest there are not that many players on that team that I would consider FBS . If you do not want to stay and work hard do not let the door hit you where the good lord spilt ya. Hell I never got to say who I thought my boss should be.

I think Blake may need to clean the corral out before we see hard playing aggies again.

I just speak for myself but the lack of toughness in the AFA game was just awful.
This is a disgusting take.
Truth hurts.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 10th, 2020, 11:34 pm

GUS wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 10:46 pm
Frank needs to gain experience at some other schools, get to know more coaches and maybe even try coaching an FBS school like Hill is doing. Then he can come back to USU as a better coach ready to take over. Just my 2 cents.
I really don't get why so many feel he is owed the job whether sooner or as you are alluding to later. Great he is an alum. People have been mocking the idea of Chico getting the job for a month. It has been the board joke. Yet Chico has a better resume than maile and has strong usu connections. At least canales was a good coordinator once upon a time. If maile ever has a resume that is better than all other candidates when the job opens, ok give him the job. Otherwise no reason he should get it. It should always go to the best available.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
bluegrouse

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 11th, 2020, 12:17 am

Even with GA gone, even with Shelley gone Bond is again inserting himself in the mix of it.

Let me remind you all that less than a month ago Bond put Maile on blast for saying that Shelley committed a “violation”.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt- he seems like an out spoken leader. I can respect him for that. But maybe his leadership could have been directed better.

Just saying as a leader he should have publicly rallied around Maile and won 2 more football games against very beatable opponents instead of calling maile out.

If Maile was the greatest candidate, why didn’t bond and other upset players do more to support maile by playing better?

Didn’t he know that how things went on and off the field would impact Mailes chance at getting the job?
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 5):
taniataylorUSU783rdGenAggieoleblu111utahcountyaggie

“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 11th, 2020, 12:20 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:17 am
Even with GA gone, even with Shelley gone Bond is again inserting himself in the mix of it.

Let me remind you all that less than a month ago Bond put Maile on blast for saying that Shelley committed a “violation”.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt- he seems like an out spoken leader. I can respect him for that. But maybe his leadership could have been directed better.

Just saying as a leader he should have publicly rallied around Maile and won 2 more football games against very beatable opponents instead of calling maile out.

If Maile was the greatest candidate, why didn’t bond and other upset players do more to support maile by playing better?

Didn’t he know that how things went on and off the field would impact Mailes chance at getting the job?
Wellllp....in a nutshell.....pretty much

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » December 11th, 2020, 12:20 am

jeepnfonz wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:23 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bottom line, if they wanted him hired, they should have played better. The schedule the last few weeks is about as easy as it gets in the MWC.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 11th, 2020, 2:14 am

taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm
USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:59 pm
taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Wow wow wow. I think the players just know they truly rallied around Maile and really wanted him to be the guy, especially since he has been their constant and may not be here at all next year.

For the record: Jordan doesnt care about the drama and he just wants to play and he is finishing his collegiate career as an Aggie.

PS, they need to suck it up or move on....everyone gets their panties in a bunch about change...accept it and roll with it. Football, collegiate or Pro is a business
So ... does himself think he might like to have a second senior season?
If you’re asking if he’s coming back for 2021... he is
Wait, what?! :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman:

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 11th, 2020, 2:16 am

BustaMcNutt wrote:
There's quite a few voicing frustration on twitter. Metzenheimer, Pitcher, Shelton, Lampkin, Etc.
I thought Metzeneimer left. No?

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 11th, 2020, 2:19 am

bluegrouse wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:16 am
BustaMcNutt wrote:
I thought Metzeneimer left. No?
No, he had to quarantine because Jordan tested positive for “u know what” ( they’re roommates).
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
bluegrouse

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 11th, 2020, 2:20 am

bluegrouse wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:14 am
taniataylor wrote:
USU78 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Wow wow wow. I think the players just know they truly rallied around Maile and really wanted him to be the guy, especially since he has been their constant and may not be here at all next year.

For the record: Jordan doesnt care about the drama and he just wants to play and he is finishing his collegiate career as an Aggie.

PS, they need to suck it up or move on....everyone gets their panties in a bunch about change...accept it and roll with it. Football, collegiate or Pro is a business
Wait, what?! :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman:
Yup, I was against it when he told me - so I came up there this weekend to “figure” some things out....face to face conversations are necessary when he was considering leaving to go to the unknown
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
USU78newtonianblue

coolag

Post by coolag » December 11th, 2020, 6:38 am

What qualifies someone as a "brotha"? Asking for a friend.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
USU78

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 11th, 2020, 7:40 am

coolag wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 6:38 am
What qualifies someone as a "brotha"? Asking for a friend.
Church people brother coolag.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
AggieArmy

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 11th, 2020, 8:05 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:17 am

Yep a month ago he is blasting Maile over shelley being dismissed and now this. He is a good player but i take these things with a grain of salt. Blake seems like a standup man that i think the players will love once the get to know him.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
BustaMcNutt

GreenAg

Post by GreenAg » December 11th, 2020, 8:20 am

taniataylor wrote:
USU78 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

I'm happy Jordan is coming back for another year - seems like a great kid - but I'm THRILLED we get Tania for another year.
These users thanked the author GreenAg for the post (total 5):
AGinNEIowaAggieFBObsessionGUSAggieArmybluegrouse

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 11th, 2020, 8:22 am

GreenAg wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:20 am
taniataylor wrote:
USU78 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

I'm happy Jordan is coming back for another year - seems like a great kid - but I'm THRILLED we get Tania for another year.
Awww shucks!! ;)

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 11th, 2020, 8:25 am

JN is a glue guy. The prototypical tough, fearless little guy unafraid indeed eager to make that perilous trip across the middle where strong safeties and linebackers lurk, where first downs get made.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 11th, 2020, 11:04 am

When our coaches got in a feud and ended up getting GA fired? They pretty much punched their own ticket out. Hartwell doesn't respect them no matter how bad GA was. They didn't get their job done. They aren't trustworthy anymore. Same goes for the "teammates" voting Shelley off the team. When that in-fighting starts and it's coach v coach or player v player? Nobody is focused on winning games. Hartwell looks at it? They all need to go.

This is a ground up rebuild. Fresh start. No coach with any ties to the current players should be kept on the staff.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkoleblu111

“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

BigBlueBlood

Post by BigBlueBlood » December 11th, 2020, 11:07 am

I think it's a bit harsh to say Frank is no comparison to the other candidates. Players should not choose the next coach and pulling the race card is troubling. Troubling if it's true. Troubling if it's not. However, Frank is a legit candidate. This season cannot fairly be a measurement. Heck, BA is 4-7, 2-6 in conference, this year. Not great. Hartwell believes that BA is the best choice for HC, and he might be. USU hired Hartwell to do this and he's doing it. I support him, but Frank is not out of his league. Wells was promoted from coordinator and did very well. Frank could do the same, especially if he can recruit. I really hope he sticks around, but I understand if he looks for something else.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm

BigBlueBlood wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 11:07 am
I think it's a bit harsh to say Frank is no comparison to the other candidates. Players should not choose the next coach and pulling the race card is troubling. Troubling if it's true. Troubling if it's not. However, Frank is a legit candidate. This season cannot fairly be a measurement. Heck, BA is 4-7, 2-6 in conference, this year. Not great. Hartwell believes that BA is the best choice for HC, and he might be. USU hired Hartwell to do this and he's doing it. I support him, but Frank is not out of his league. Wells was promoted from coordinator and did very well. Frank could do the same, especially if he can recruit. I really hope he sticks around, but I understand if he looks for something else.
I doubt anderson would keep him on. Hard to justify anyone from the current staff being retained. It is a full on rebuild.

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » December 11th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm
BigBlueBlood wrote:
I doubt anderson would keep him on. Hard to justify anyone from the current staff being retained. It is a full on rebuild.
He really NEEDS to keep someone on staff to keep the poly pipeline going a little and to understand the mission and local kids. Not saying who that is, but I would bet at least 1-2 people will be staying.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 11th, 2020, 1:50 pm

RigAggie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 1:46 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm
BigBlueBlood wrote:
He really NEEDS to keep someone on staff to keep the poly pipeline going a little and to understand the mission and local kids. Not saying who that is, but I would bet at least 1-2 people will be staying.
He needs to understand Utah culture, but he doesn't need to keep anyone from this staff. If he does so and they are the right fit, ok, but it isn't needed. What is needed is hiring the best coaches possible.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 11th, 2020, 2:13 pm

There were a bunch of guys who left/were shown the door when AndersEn came back to Logan.
We should fully expect the same to happen with AndersOn.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 11th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Got a weird message from the kid....something is happening but Im not sure what

splintorb

Post by splintorb » December 11th, 2020, 2:32 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:29 pm
Boycott of some type?

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 11th, 2020, 2:33 pm

splintorb wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:32 pm
taniataylor wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:29 pm
Boycott of some type?
I dont know....

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 11th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Hmmm. It's curious why no press conference has been scheduled...maybe something is afoot?

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 11th, 2020, 2:41 pm

You are our only connection to reality Tania!!!

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » December 11th, 2020, 2:42 pm

If there is a boycott, that will be a disaster for all those that take part. It will speed up the rebuild , which is needed.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 11th, 2020, 2:45 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:42 pm
If there is a boycott, that will be a disaster for all those that take part. It will speed up the rebuild , which is needed.
On top of that, Hartwell isnt changing his mind so what exactly is the point?
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 3):
Sl7vkoleblu111splintorb

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm

It's a new age of protest...

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » December 11th, 2020, 2:53 pm

I sure hope not! Have we created monsters where everything is racism and a protest?

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 11th, 2020, 2:56 pm

If there is some kind of boycott it will only confirm that Frank wasn't the right guy.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
3rdGenAggie

"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

coolag

Post by coolag » December 11th, 2020, 2:56 pm

newhouse9 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm
It's a new age of protest...
And stupidity.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 11th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Even if Frank has nothing to do with this, it looks just awful for him from the outside. The players are doing him a disservice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic