Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggiePT

Re: Bond's Tweets - Doesn't Seem Good

Post by AggiePT » December 10th, 2020, 6:05 pm

I understand their emotions. The players clearly love Frank and see him as a brother, someone who has been at their side through some crazy up and down years. But my personal opinion is that real change is not going to come unless a new and experienced coach comes in and sets a new higher standard from the start. The new coach needs to be seen as a coach and leader, not as a brother. Just my take. I don't really know much of anything. :noidea:
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleGreenAg

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » December 10th, 2020, 6:08 pm

Calling it racism is a big accusation. I know it's the go-to if you don't get your way nowadays but you better back that up or GTFO.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post (total 3):
CastIronAggie3rdGenAggieGreenAg

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » December 10th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Disgusting tweets. Truly hoping for the best with Blake and I hope he brings in high character young men. This program needs a fresh of breathe air and I wish nothing but the best for Frank as well.
These users thanked the author AggieMan5 for the post:
USU78

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 6:15 pm

TrueAG wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:08 pm
Calling it racism is a big accusation. I know it's the go-to if you don't get your way nowadays but you better back that up or GTFO.
It was stupid and irresponsible, and whoever convinced him to kill the tweet was the overwrought kid's best friend.

I would advise watching the miked up vid of Anderson's interaction with players.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
oleblu111

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:40 pm
jeffdan25 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:34 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:29 pm
Those kind or comments are IMHO why this team is not all that great. I will leave it at that. 90% of those kids would not be picked up by any D-1 program.
I rarely agree with oleblue’s comments, but he is closer to being correct than you think. There has been a huge divide between players this whole season. As much as I hate to say it we have had huge locker room issues this entire season. One of the reasons I’m glad we went with Anderson is he can bring them back together by being an outsider. It puts every player on a level playing field with zero bias.
I think it’s been way better since Frank took over.
On what evidence?
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
oleblu111

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2020, 6:22 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:15 pm
TrueAG wrote:
It was stupid and irresponsible, and whoever convinced him to kill the tweet was the overwrought kid's best friend.

I would advise watching the miked up vid of Anderson's interaction with players.
The Tweet is still there. It's only visible to those that have been approve to follow him.

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 6:25 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:29 pm
Those kind or comments are IMHO why this team is not all that great. I will leave it at that. 90% of those kids would not be picked up by any D-1 program.
Blame Andy the First for the racial explosiveness that never got handled.

I don't see that it's Frank's fault.

It was Andy's job to meld a team Notwithstanding the racial explosions from January on out in the cities.

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 6:26 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:22 pm
USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:15 pm
TrueAG wrote:

The Tweet is still there. It's only visible to those that have been approve to follow him.
How very disappointing. Thanks

splintorb

Post by splintorb » December 10th, 2020, 6:30 pm

Do we know if Bond was planning on returning next year?

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Wow wow wow. I think the players just know they truly rallied around Maile and really wanted him to be the guy, especially since he has been their constant and may not be here at all next year.

For the record: Jordan doesnt care about the drama and he just wants to play and he is finishing his collegiate career as an Aggie.

PS, they need to suck it up or move on....everyone gets their panties in a bunch about change...accept it and roll with it. Football, collegiate or Pro is a business
Last edited by taniataylor on December 10th, 2020, 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 25):
splintorbAgMacoleblu111TrueAGratofallaggiesTurtleBLUERUFiOUSU78CastIronAggie3rdGenAggie and 15 more users

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

splintorb

Post by splintorb » December 10th, 2020, 6:33 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Wow wow wow. I think the players just know they truly rallied around Maile and really wanted him to be the guy, especially since he has been their constant and may not be here at all next year.
Makes complete sense, and totally understand them being frustrated...just need to hold back from the ole social media...

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 10th, 2020, 6:34 pm

Racism in sports is 100% real to so many people of various races (Black, White, Polynesian, etc.) who matter to the program. Tweet may not have been the "right" move, but the perception of recruits (Black, White, Polynesian, etc.) and their families of the little old program in Logan, Utah CANNOT BE IGNORED.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » December 10th, 2020, 6:37 pm

All the BS has to make one wonder if Frank was a poor choice as even interim HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 10th, 2020, 6:39 pm

I'm disappointed in Bond's tweets. I have no problem with the players expressing their disappointment that it wasn't Maile. But Bond goes WAY beyond that and throws around pretty serious allegations (presumably against the AD and President).

There is probably more of a need for a locker room sweep than I realized. And I think it shows in how terribly this group has played together.

There isn't any player on this team that will cause me heartbreak if they leave (except Jordan/Tania). I couldn't say the same thing in years past. Of course, those players weren't taking to social media accusing our AD of being racist. They got on board with a new staff. Also, those players/teams played well. Coincidence?
Last edited by AgMac on December 10th, 2020, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
BustaMcNutt

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 10th, 2020, 6:40 pm

What was this player list being referenced that I obviously missed?

Also, Perception is reality and right now there’s a perception amongst USU football players there’s a racism problem and Logan. Real or not, we all need to work to do our part to fix it.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 10th, 2020, 6:42 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:39 pm
taniataylor wrote:

For the record: Jordan doesnt care about the drama and he just wants to play and he is finishing his collegiate career as an Aggie.
I love Jordan. And I revise my previous post. I would be very upset if he left. I don't blame any player for being upset. At all. But don't poison the well.
Its just amazing to me that these players have this much anger after the season they just had. I love Jordan too and better keep his a$$ off of social media
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
GreenAg

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 10th, 2020, 6:43 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:40 pm

Also, Perception is reality and right now there’s a perception amongst USU football players there’s a racism problem and Logan. Real or not, we all need to work to do our part to fix it.
You are correct but Ive never heard Jordan refer to racism within the program, just a few isolated incidents in the community
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 3):
USU78OrangeCountyAggieAggieFBObsession

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 10th, 2020, 6:51 pm

WannabeAgAlum wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Racism in sports is 100% real to so many people of various races (Black, White, Polynesian, etc.) who matter to the program. Tweet may not have been the "right" move, but the perception of recruits (Black, White, Polynesian, etc.) and their families of the little old program in Logan, Utah CANNOT BE IGNORED.
Not saying your wrong. But I've been involved in a lot of different things with athletics in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming. Played competed, had siblings on scholarship at USU and 3 other Utah and Wyoming schools. And I have never seen this angle. I'm naive I know but athletics always seems to cut through race. You don't give a damn about that its all about what kind of teammate they are on the field or coach. Like I said I know I'm just a naive white guy not qualified to make such a statement.

I was cheering for Frank. Wanted him to show what he could do. It didn't happen. He had his chance. I've played with a lot of polynesians. Their culture is passionate about football and they know the game but I never wanted him to the coach because of anything other than what he brings to the table as a coach. It didn't work out. If he had been competitive against AFA I think this week would have been his audition.

In a blind resume test between Anderson and Maile there is no comparison. Why have we created a generation of kids who go to the racism take as their first explanation of anything that doesn't go the way they want it. This is not progress and its sad. But once again I'm not qualified for that opinion either...lol
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
MrBiggle

arkstfan

Post by arkstfan » December 10th, 2020, 6:55 pm

This is the 7th AState coaching search for football and basketball since 2010 and every single time the players always rally to a guy on staff. The known is more comfortable than the unknown. The next guy might not have the same role or any role for you.
These users thanked the author arkstfan for the post (total 7):
BLUERUFiOAggiesbleedblue3rdGenAggieBustaMcNuttProvoAggiebluegrouseParadiseAggie

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 10th, 2020, 6:58 pm

arkstfan wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:55 pm
This is the 7th AState coaching search for football and basketball since 2010 and every single time the players always rally to a guy on staff. The known is more comfortable than the unknown. The next guy might not have the same role or any role for you.
Thats a given. Its the accusation of racism that's disturbing and off putting. Its just the go to calling card of these kids and we are the ones who taught them to go there.

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 6:59 pm

taniataylor wrote:

PS, they need to suck it up or move on....everyone gets their panties in a bunch about change...accept it and roll with it. Football, collegiate or Pro is a business
So ... does himself think he might like to have a second senior season?

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:59 pm
taniataylor wrote:

If you’re asking if he’s coming back for 2021... he is
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 8):
ratofallaggieshickaggieHomeTownAgMacvegasaggiebluegrouseGreenAgParadiseAggie

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 7:03 pm

:scotsman: :scotsman:
taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm
USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:59 pm
taniataylor wrote:

If you’re asking if he’s coming back for 2021... he is
:scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :cheers:
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
hickaggietaniataylor

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » December 10th, 2020, 7:10 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:

You are correct but Ive never heard Jordan refer to racism within the program, just a few isolated incidents in the community
That is just sad and stupid. The fact that he or any player would have any racist incidents around town or in the program is unacceptable. People are people and it should only matter what kind of person you are or are trying to be. End of story.
These users thanked the author HomeTown for the post (total 2):
taniataylorsam tingey

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 10th, 2020, 7:12 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:51 pm
WannabeAgAlum wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Not saying your wrong. But I've been involved in a lot of different things with athletics in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming. Played competed, had siblings on scholarship at USU and 3 other Utah and Wyoming schools. And I have never seen this angle. I'm naive I know but athletics always seems to cut through race. You don't give a damn about that its all about what kind of teammate they are on the field or coach. Like I said I know I'm just a naive white guy not qualified to make such a statement.

I was cheering for Frank. Wanted him to show what he could do. It didn't happen. He had his chance. I've played with a lot of polynesians. Their culture is passionate about football and they know the game but I never wanted him to the coach because of anything other than what he brings to the table as a coach. It didn't work out. If he had been competitive against AFA I think this week would have been his audition.

In a blind resume test between Anderson and Maile there is no comparison. Why have we created a generation of kids who go to the racism take as their first explanation of anything that doesn't go the way they want it. This is not progress and its sad. But once again I'm not qualified for that opinion either...lol
I appreciate your experiences very much, and they match most of mine. I do think these tweets are Exhibit A of an example of "this angle" even though you haven't seen it in your personal experiences.

I have seen it in my kid's peewee football league. N word being thrown around with black kids on the field. Truly sickening. If my kid was the target then I'd have done a hell of a lot more than what the black parents did. They handled it with pure class.

Unfortunately it's these (hopefully) isolated incidents that get amplified for others, IN MY OPINION, that cause a very real perception issue that (among other things) requires a zero tolerance policy for the crap that happens. That is why I have a hard time getting my panties in a bunch when tweets like this happen. Who the hell am I to know what Mr. Bond has seen and experienced to lead him to believe that race had something to do with the decision, especially when all (?) the decision makers and new coach are WHITE dudes?

I will try to give him a break, respect his opinion, try to be/keep being sensitive in the future to this very real issue.
These users thanked the author WannabeAgAlum for the post:
AggieFBObsession

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 10th, 2020, 7:26 pm

To Tania and others points this is just 20 year old kids frustrated they are losing frank and probably some frustration with everything they have gone through this season. Yeah I wish they wouldn’t post it for world to see but I can understand their frustration. Let’s try not to rail on them too much.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » December 10th, 2020, 7:38 pm

I have LOVED Bond. I hope he stays, kid is a superstar!

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 10th, 2020, 7:46 pm

HomeTown wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:10 pm
taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:

That is just sad and stupid. The fact that he or any player would have any racist incidents around town or in the program is unacceptable. People are people and it should only matter what kind of person you are or are trying to be. End of story.
It’s everywhere and it is what it is.

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » December 10th, 2020, 7:51 pm

^^^^
But, it is still not acceptable in any way, shape, or form. I expect more from USU and its community.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 3):
Sl7vk3rdGenAggiesam tingey

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 10th, 2020, 7:55 pm

slcagg wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:26 pm
To Tania and others points this is just 20 year old kids frustrated they are losing frank and probably some frustration with everything they have gone through this season. Yeah I wish they wouldn’t post it for world to see but I can understand their frustration. Let’s try not to rail on them too much.
I am speaking from experience. Jordan expressed his frustration when Coach A brought in Shelley and ran Columbi off and he was never really ever able to redeem himself. I just got on Kevin and Jordan and told them to keep their opinions to themselves and that’s that. Jordan actually told me he has dealt with different coaches enough now to keep his head low and stick to the playbook.
If they burn the bridge before they can build it, they’re screwing themselves and they are 100% replaceable so best to vent amongst each other and keep it off of social media
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
USU78AggieFBObsession

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 10th, 2020, 7:57 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:55 pm
slcagg wrote:
I am speaking from experience. Jordan expressed his frustration when Coach A brought in Shelley and ran Columbi off and he was never really ever able to redeem himself. I just got on Kevin and Jordan and told them to keep their opinions to themselves and that’s that. Jordan actually told me he has dealt with different coaches enough now to keep his head low and stick to the playbook.
If they burn the bridge before they can build it, they’re screwing themselves and they are 100% replaceable so best to vent amongst each other and keep it off of social media
Excellent advice. This not only applies to football but also later on in life in careers etc as well. Best to try not to burn any bridges.

With that said I feel for the young men in the program. 2020 has not been kind to them from a football perspective.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
Fullsam tingey

Lucky#200

Post by Lucky#200 » December 10th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Race card gotta stop. No room for it.
These users thanked the author Lucky#200 for the post:
BustaMcNutt

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 10th, 2020, 8:02 pm

slcagg wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:57 pm
taniataylor wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:55 pm
slcagg wrote:
Excellent advice. This not only applies to football but also later on in life in careers etc as well. Best to try not to burn any bridges.

With that said I feel for the young men in the program. 2020 has not been kind to them from a football perspective.
That is true, 2020 has been rough, but you can’t sabotage yourself based on the unknown. Time to grow up and make the best of it. For all they know Coach AndersOn can really change their lives....

Maybe the ones that are speaking up arent planning on coming back, who knows.
As far as Coach Maile, I wanted him too, based on his loyalty to USU and the things my son told me, but Hartwell knows best and did what he had to do. Sad that Coach Maile is probably going to walk away from the program, but something had to happen to get us better
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 6):
slcaggUSU78vegasaggieGUSAggieFBObsessionutahcountyaggie

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 8:23 pm

Hartwell will help find those guys spots. They need to trust the process. Who knows? Maybe there'll be an upgrade for everybody.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
taniataylorBustaMcNutt

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 10th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Whoever he was, the new coach was going to face this and/or other negative feedback, either from players or from fans/boosters. If we end up rebuilding, so be it. It's sad though, and I feel for Frank. He's a great man. Assuming he leaves, I hope he does awesome. If more players leave, I hope they find success too. I know I would have reacted the same way; I actually did, when my high school coach was replaced right before my senior year. At that time, I was only a couple or few years younger than a lot of our players. This kind of a loss is hard for our young men; they bonded with Frank and for good reason. I hope they all do well, stay or go.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post (total 3):
MrBiggleBLUERUFiOAggieFBObsession

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic