Convince me

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
flying_scotsman2.0

Convince me

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 10th, 2020, 3:34 pm

A lot of people really like the Blake Anderson hire, while there are also a lot of people in my boat who aren't quite sole yet. So I need some cheerleaders to sell him and get me pumped.

The way I see it, Anderson was consistently good (7-8 wins per season in the sunbelt). What I wanted was a coach who is going to come in and help us be a top contender in the MW most seasons. How is Anderson going to challenge Boise in the West division? I feel terribly bad about his wife and that whole situation, but to me it seems like a bigger risk with not a ton of potential for a big reward (like a NY6 appearance or something). Really, the only thing that really excites me about the hire is that Hartwell seems to know what he is doing.

The reason I wanted Jay Hill is because he took a bad Weber team and turned them into a top competitor, not just in the Big Sky, but in the FCS every year. I do not see the Sun Belt as a huge step up from the Big Sky. So why Anderson over Jay Hill, as I've seen some posters mention, @aggies22 in particular, who I trust completely, but I'm curious why. I do wonder if he made the "unexpected" hire just to prove that there was "significant interest" in the job. Hiring Jay Hill may have been seen as a failure to him after all the talk at the beginning of the search. :noidea:
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
2004AG

2004AG

Re: Convince me

Post by 2004AG » December 10th, 2020, 3:42 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:34 pm
A lot of people really like the Blake Anderson hire, while there are also a lot of people in my boat who aren't quite sole yet. So I need some cheerleaders to sell him and get me pumped.

The way I see it, Anderson was consistently good (7-8 wins per season in the sunbelt). What I wanted was a coach who is going to come in and help us be a top contender in the MW most seasons. How is Anderson going to challenge Boise in the West division? I feel terribly bad about his wife and that whole situation, but to me it seems like a bigger risk with not a ton of potential for a big reward (like a NY6 appearance or something). Really, the only thing that really excites me about the hire is that Hartwell seems to know what he is doing.

The reason I wanted Jay Hill is because he took a bad Weber team and turned them into a top competitor, not just in the Big Sky, but in the FCS every year. I do not see the Sun Belt as a huge step up from the Big Sky. So why Anderson over Jay Hill, as I've seen some posters mention, @aggies22 in particular, who I trust completely, but I'm curious why. I do wonder if he made the "unexpected" hire just to prove that there was "significant interest" in the job. Hiring Jay Hill may have been seen as a failure to him after all the talk at the beginning of the search. :noidea:
I agree with you. Good post.

I think what it comes down to is Aggie fans can be a loyal and faithful bunch (maybe to a fault?), so whatever coachs, AD's and presidents say and do is given the strong benefit of the doubt.

I have no idea what he will do here at Utah State, but I think he's gotta to have quick learning curve or else he won't be here long. I think Jay would have hit the ground running. All we can do is wait and see what happens. Leipold or Holtz would have been a lot worse, so at least he's not them. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Before this season the guy won 61% of all games, including bowl games, averaging over 7 wins a season.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOmcaggie1

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 10th, 2020, 3:54 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:42 pm

I agree with you. Good post.

I think what it comes down to is Aggie fans can be a loyal and faithful bunch (maybe to a fault?), so whatever coachs, AD's and presidents say and do is given the strong benefit of the doubt.

I have no idea what he will do here at Utah State, but I think he's gotta to have quick learning curve or else he won't be here long. I think Jay would have hit the ground running. All we can do is wait and see what happens. Leipold or Holtz would have been a lot worse, so at least he's not them. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.
Some are, some aren't. I wasn't happy about the Duryea hire or Gary 2.0 and I know many other Aggies agreed with that. This is a proven FBS coach who has had sustained success at a mid major. He knows how to not just produce a good year or a good year every few years, but produce winning football consistently. Agreed a guy like Jay Hill has advantages. He turned chicken sh*t into chicken soup at Weber. Anderson inherited a winning program. Hill also could have been hired a month ago and we would have almost certainly had a better recruiting class than what we will end up with.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
2004AG

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2020, 3:57 pm

All i can say is at least we did not end up with Chico as the head coach.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 4):
BLUERUFiOSl7vkflying_scotsman2.0Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 10th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:57 pm

All i can say is at least we did not end up with Chico as the head coach.
I hope CrazyAg still comes back from time to time. He was probably close friends or family with Chico.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 10th, 2020, 4:37 pm

I preferred Jay Hill over Blake Anderson as well but I do think Anderson can be successful at USU. He has gone toe-to-toe against SEC schools for years and convinced plenty of young men to go to ASU instead. He has stayed long enough to show that he can build and sustain a winner and not just hit and run like his predecessors. He is an emotional guy who is a straight talker, which is what we liked about GA 1.0, such that his players will run through walls for him. He is also an offensive mind that consistently puts top 20 passing offenses on the field. I think we all enjoyed watching that in 2018. I'd rather watch us move the ball and put up 40 points and end with 7-8 wins a season than ground and pound and end up with the same 7-8 wins. There is some value in entertainment and offense puts butts in seats.
I just hope he transitions well after losing his wife. A good wife is someone who can keep you grounded and also build you up an the roller coaster ride of being a D1 coach is difficult to ride by yourself. Hopefully he can be surrounded by a strong support group quickly and get him and his family moving in a good fresh direction. I have faith in Cache Valley.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiBLUERUFiO

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 10th, 2020, 4:45 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 4:37 pm
I preferred Jay Hill over Blake Anderson as well but I do think Anderson can be successful at USU. He has gone toe-to-toe against SEC schools for years and convinced plenty of young men to go to ASU instead. He has stayed long enough to show that he can build and sustain a winner and not just hit and run like his predecessors. He is an emotional guy who is a straight talker, which is what we liked about GA 1.0, such that his players will run through walls for him. He is also an offensive mind that consistently puts top 20 passing offenses on the field. I think we all enjoyed watching that in 2018. I'd rather watch us move the ball and put up 40 points and end with 7-8 wins a season than ground and pound and end up with the same 7-8 wins. There is some value in entertainment and offense puts butts in seats.
I just hope he transitions well after losing his wife. A good wife is someone who can keep you grounded and also build you up an the roller coaster ride of being a D1 coach is difficult to ride by yourself. Hopefully he can be surrounded by a strong support group quickly and get him and his family moving in a good fresh direction. I have faith in Cache Valley.
Yeah there were some other guys I would have preferred, but it is a good hire to get a proven winner like him at this level. It also is a testament to the USU job where we are getting winning head coaches from the G5.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 10th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Here is my take. Anderson has proven that he can bring a tough high scoring consistent offense to whatever team he coaches. His win totals are not what they should because of Defense (points allowed and rushing yards allowed). If he can hire a good d coordinator and a staff to amp up our poly and D line recruiting I think he can compete at that level. Hartwell has shown he doesn't have patience for bad coordinator hires and he has more assistant coach money here.

Thats a big if but if we could get a D-coordinator comparable to the 3 good ones we've had this decade that is a damn good coaching combination.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
BLUERUFiO

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 10th, 2020, 5:01 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Here is my take. Anderson has proven that he can bring a tough high scoring consistent offense to whatever team he coaches. His win totals are not what they should because of Defense (points allowed and rushing yards allowed). If he can hire a good d coordinator and a staff to amp up our poly and D line recruiting I think he can compete at that level. Hartwell has shown he doesn't have patience for bad coordinator hires and he has more assistant coach money here.

Thats a big if but if we could get a D-coordinator comparable to the 3 good ones we've had this decade that is a damn good coaching combination.
So much this. I have absolute faith that Blake will get us a rocking O. If JH can help us get a rocking D... watch out.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » December 10th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Kind of a lame take on my part, but I trust Hartwell. Nearly every major Bball/Fball hire he has made (outside of GA) during his AD career has been stellar. All things being equal if Orlando, Anderson and Hill were the finalists, they're all good but not flashy "wow" candidates.

Anderson must have had an additional "it" factor, high-level enthusiasm or another trait that put him over the top. Interested to find out what that quality is.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » December 10th, 2020, 5:41 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Kind of a lame take on my part, but I trust Hartwell. Nearly every major Bball/Fball hire he has made (outside of GA) during his AD career has been stellar. All things being equal if Orlando, Anderson and Hill were the finalists, they're all good but not flashy "wow" candidates.

Anderson must have had an additional "it" factor, high-level enthusiasm or another trait that put him over the top. Interested to find out what that quality is.
the "it" factor might have been that Anderson's strength is OFFENSE and the other two tilt towards D. Maybe they just didn't "wow" JH/the search team with their vision for bringing a high-octane offense back to Logan?

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 10th, 2020, 6:10 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Before this season the guy won 61% of all games, including bowl games, averaging over 7 wins a season.
And this year doesn't count, we get a Covid Mulligan*

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

arkstfan

Post by arkstfan » December 10th, 2020, 6:51 pm

I'm not going to try to convince anyone.

I will share some perspective that may or may not help and shoot may turn you off Anderson.

AState was dreadful in the 1990's and in 2002 hired Steve Roberts who was probably the best evaluator of talent we've ever had but was pretty meh and worse lost hope. After the 2010 season Roberts was fired and to the delight of AState fans and puzzlement of national press we elevated OC Hugh Freeze. He goes 10-2. We knew Ole Miss was his dream job but no way Houston Nutt can screw it up to get fired in 2011. Well he does. They hire Freeze.

Gus Malzahn takes the job. We go 9-3 under him. No way Gene Chizik can screw up and get fired two years after winning the National title. Well he did. So Gus is out.

Hire Harsin. He struggles and eventually fires himself as play caller turning it over to Malzahn leftover Eli Drinkwitz. Red Wolves rally to capture a share of third straight Sun Belt title. No way Petersen is leaving Boise after all this time... oh wait he does and they hire Harsin.

Next up is Blake in 2014. He's the fifth head coach in five seasons and unsurprisingly the roster is a complete mess. Red Wolves limp to a 7-6 record. (but beat USU) For perspective, one of the starting DE's is a true freshman who would quit football spring of 2016 because he not only had fallen to third string, he was likely to be fourth string by fall. 2015 has Mizzou on the ropes in Jonesboro but Fredi Knighten the starting QB gets hurt. When he returns AState goes 8-0 in the Sun Belt then lose two players to discipline before the bowl and two more to injury in the bowl (one is Washington WR JD McKissic).
We lose our OC Walt Bell to Maryland (currently HC at UMass). 2016 starts off awful. Finally Justice Hansen takes over as QB after AState goes down 24-0 in Logan. He ends up going 7-2 as the starter, wins the Sun Belt and gives UCF their last loss before they started their long win streak. IHe is set to leave for Baylor when during contract negotiations Matt Rhule throws his name in. Football Scoop was texting me asking what's going on because it all went silent and of course we didn't know. I'm convinced that if Bell had stayed for 2016, we win a couple more and Anderson is at Baylor and we are debating hiring Bell.

2017 Wendy is diagnosed but they think she's OK. Finish a game out in the Sun Belt, heartbreakers with Hansen missing the winning TD pass twice at Lincoln, NE, and two turnover fests that kill chance to win the conference by a combined 12. 2018 is chaotic and we learn after the season that Wendy's cancer was found to have returned in September.

2019 she dies prior to first game against SMU a game we pissed away with the DC acting as head coach. Blake's long-time DC and his DL coach had gone to Houston for double the money. Blake hired Dave Duggan the DC/interim. He admitted in post-game he got wrapped up in HC duties and failed to make needed defensive adjustments. We bounce along up and down through 2019, but at least finish with a bowl win. This year chaos reins supreme. Lose games scheduled with Michigan, Howard, and Tulsa, and replace them with KState and Central Arkansas. Become first AState team to lose 5 Sun Belt games, then first to lose six. First AState team to lose two conference games by 28 or more then first to drop three by that margin.

He inherited a messed up roster. A kid that quit because of Malzahn might have been a great fit for Harsin, and a good fit under Malzahn quit because of Harsin and so on.

The decision was made to win immediately and so there was more than normal reliance on jucos, transfers, and grey shirts to fix immediate problems and the long run suffered. Hired Duggan as DC not so much for his defense but Blake's trust to be interim HC, there was a realistic possibility an interim might have to coach most or all of 2019. He's 3 front guy and didn't land the sort of explosive guys he needed. It was a complete mess reflected in Blake firing him after giving up 52 to Georgia State (a game AState won), he turned the defense over to Paremski who is more a recruiting hustler than X and O guy.

When Blake returned after Wendy died, the guys in my text group would watch Blake on the video board as the team was coming down the tunnel and guess by his expression whether we were in trouble or not and more often than not guessed correctly.

I like Blake. He needed out of Jonesboro after everything. AState needed him to move on, thus the school lowered his buyout to $150,000. If you saw our AD's press conference, Terry is usually incredibly high energy, sort of the Ric Flair of AD's. Terry once grabbed a microphone at halftime when Harsin had a terrible first half and got booed. When the team came out the stadium is going bananas and the team scores 14 points in like two minutes. He's Mr HIGH ENERGY and he teared up frequently during his press conference talking about how Blake needed a new start.

I wish Blake all the best. I know it is win-win for AState and Blake and hope it turns out to be a win for USU.
These users thanked the author arkstfan for the post (total 15):
BLUERUFiOAggie19USU78slcaggcdaAgAGinNEIowaCastIronAggieFullSlumJumGreenAg and 5 more users

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 10th, 2020, 7:23 pm

Fantastic perspective. Thank you for taking the time. AState really lowered that buyout, wow. Good on them.

It sounds to me like he won even though he totally had some rough things happen. A change of scenery is completely understandable and I like that AState AD helped that process.

I think our AD and resources will help rejuvenate him. Also, Cache Valley is the best place on earth... most of the time.
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttAggieBlues

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 7:44 pm

arkstfan wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 6:51 pm

I will share some perspective that may or may not help and shoot may turn you off Anderson.

AState was dreadful in the 1990's and in 2002 hired Steve Roberts who was probably the best evaluator of talent we've ever had but was pretty meh and worse lost hope. After the 2010 season Roberts was fired and to the delight of AState fans and puzzlement of national press we elevated OC Hugh Freeze. He goes 10-2. We knew Ole Miss was his dream job but no way Houston Nutt can screw it up to get fired in 2011. Well he does. They hire Freeze.

Gus Malzahn takes the job. We go 9-3 under him. No way Gene Chizik can screw up and get fired two years after winning the National title. Well he did. So Gus is out.

Hire Harsin. He struggles and eventually fires himself as play caller turning it over to Malzahn leftover Eli Drinkwitz. Red Wolves rally to capture a share of third straight Sun Belt title. No way Petersen is leaving Boise after all this time... oh wait he does and they hire Harsin.

Next up is Blake in 2014. He's the fifth head coach in five seasons and unsurprisingly the roster is a complete mess. Red Wolves limp to a 7-6 record. (but beat USU) For perspective, one of the starting DE's is a true freshman who would quit football spring of 2016 because he not only had fallen to third string, he was likely to be fourth string by fall. 2015 has Mizzou on the ropes in Jonesboro but Fredi Knighten the starting QB gets hurt. When he returns AState goes 8-0 in the Sun Belt then lose two players to discipline before the bowl and two more to injury in the bowl (one is Washington WR JD McKissic).
We lose our OC Walt Bell to Maryland (currently HC at UMass). 2016 starts off awful. Finally Justice Hansen takes over as QB after AState goes down 24-0 in Logan. He ends up going 7-2 as the starter, wins the Sun Belt and gives UCF their last loss before they started their long win streak. IHe is set to leave for Baylor when during contract negotiations Matt Rhule throws his name in. Football Scoop was texting me asking what's going on because it all went silent and of course we didn't know. I'm convinced that if Bell had stayed for 2016, we win a couple more and Anderson is at Baylor and we are debating hiring Bell.

2017 Wendy is diagnosed but they think she's OK. Finish a game out in the Sun Belt, heartbreakers with Hansen missing the winning TD pass twice at Lincoln, NE, and two turnover fests that kill chance to win the conference by a combined 12. 2018 is chaotic and we learn after the season that Wendy's cancer was found to have returned in September.

2019 she dies prior to first game against SMU a game we pissed away with the DC acting as head coach. Blake's long-time DC and his DL coach had gone to Houston for double the money. Blake hired Dave Duggan the DC/interim. He admitted in post-game he got wrapped up in HC duties and failed to make needed defensive adjustments. We bounce along up and down through 2019, but at least finish with a bowl win. This year chaos reins supreme. Lose games scheduled with Michigan, Howard, and Tulsa, and replace them with KState and Central Arkansas. Become first AState team to lose 5 Sun Belt games, then first to lose six. First AState team to lose two conference games by 28 or more then first to drop three by that margin.

He inherited a messed up roster. A kid that quit because of Malzahn might have been a great fit for Harsin, and a good fit under Malzahn quit because of Harsin and so on.

The decision was made to win immediately and so there was more than normal reliance on jucos, transfers, and grey shirts to fix immediate problems and the long run suffered. Hired Duggan as DC not so much for his defense but Blake's trust to be interim HC, there was a realistic possibility an interim might have to coach most or all of 2019. He's 3 front guy and didn't land the sort of explosive guys he needed. It was a complete mess reflected in Blake firing him after giving up 52 to Georgia State (a game AState won), he turned the defense over to Paremski who is more a recruiting hustler than X and O guy.

When Blake returned after Wendy died, the guys in my text group would watch Blake on the video board as the team was coming down the tunnel and guess by his expression whether we were in trouble or not and more often than not guessed correctly.

I like Blake. He needed out of Jonesboro after everything. AState needed him to move on, thus the school lowered his buyout to $150,000. If you saw our AD's press conference, Terry is usually incredibly high energy, sort of the Ric Flair of AD's. Terry once grabbed a microphone at halftime when Harsin had a terrible first half and got booed. When the team came out the stadium is going bananas and the team scores 14 points in like two minutes. He's Mr HIGH ENERGY and he teared up frequently during his press conference talking about how Blake needed a new start.

I wish Blake all the best. I know it is win-win for AState and Blake and hope it turns out to be a win for USU.
The $150K buyout? Is that coupled with a home and home in football?

arkstfan

Post by arkstfan » December 10th, 2020, 8:11 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 7:44 pm
arkstfan wrote:

Negative. We wrote off the other $650,000. The AD's wife was one of the people who organized help for the family. The chancellor is very close to Blake and as the AD mentioned in the press conference the chancellor was in the locker room with the AD and the team after K-State and saw how Blake was struggling after the biggest win of his career. Likewise, the predident despite being in Little Rock was also close to Blake. They all understood very well that he needed to leave and were willing to forego the money to help him.

It's not always about the buck in college sports. It was the right thing to do.
These users thanked the author arkstfan for the post (total 4):
BLUERUFiOGreenAgAggieBluesNavyBlue

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 10th, 2020, 8:15 pm

arkstfan wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 8:11 pm
USU78 wrote:
arkstfan wrote:

Negative. We wrote off the other $650,000. The AD's wife was one of the people who organized help for the family. The chancellor is very close to Blake and as the AD mentioned in the press conference the chancellor was in the locker room with the AD and the team after K-State and saw how Blake was struggling after the biggest win of his career. Likewise, the predident despite being in Little Rock was also close to Blake. They all understood very well that he needed to leave and were willing to forego the money to help him.

Well, from my perspective, if Blake can handle the return trip, we really should cement all this good will with at least a basketball series if not a football home and home. It'll seem like old home week

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 10th, 2020, 8:20 pm

I'd like to thank arkstfan for his insight about Coach BA.
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post (total 5):
BLUERUFiOBustaMcNuttGreenAgvegasaggieGaryTakeTheWheel

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » December 10th, 2020, 8:20 pm

I find myself hoping we can keep some every-so-often games against the Red Wolves just to have some of their great posters come to visit some more.
These users thanked the author cdaAg for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiOUSU78GreenAg

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 10th, 2020, 8:25 pm

arkstfan wrote:
USU78 wrote:
arkstfan wrote:

Sounds like Blake was having a really difficult time. Do you think leaving the area will rejuvenate him? I guess no one really knows but hopefully a new area and challenge is just what he needs.

Thanks for your insights

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 10th, 2020, 8:25 pm

cdaAg wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 8:20 pm
I find myself hoping we can keep some every-so-often games against the Red Wolves just to have some of their great posters come to visit some more.
Agreed.
Very classy group from what I can tell.

arkstfan

Post by arkstfan » December 10th, 2020, 8:38 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 8:25 pm
arkstfan wrote:
USU78 wrote:
arkstfan wrote:

Sounds like Blake was having a really difficult time. Do you think leaving the area will rejuvenate him? I guess no one really knows but hopefully a new area and challenge is just what he needs.

Thanks for your insights
That's the great unknown. Grief is a tough thing. Not only did Wendy die in August 2019 but his father died in May this year.

Hopefully this article isn't behind the paywall.
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/202 ... ef/?sports

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 10th, 2020, 8:40 pm

arkstfan wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
arkstfan wrote:
USU78 wrote:
arkstfan wrote:

Thanks for your insights
That's the great unknown. Grief is a tough thing. Not only did Wendy die in August 2019 but his father died in May this year.

Makes me nervous his heart isn’t in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabass

Post by seabass » December 10th, 2020, 9:20 pm

Thank you ArkStFan!

These users thanked the author seabass for the post:
arkstfan

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 10th, 2020, 9:56 pm

The two hires I would be most excited about were Brian Johnson or Marcus Freeman. But even had we hired them, I would have tempered my excitement because I really don't care how great I think the hire is, I want wins and a program I can be proud of supporting.
Same should go with a hire I'm less excited about - I don't care about what I think about the hire, I want wins and a program I can be proud of supporting.
Last edited by brownjeans on December 11th, 2020, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
USU78AggiePT

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 10th, 2020, 10:07 pm

arkstfan wrote:I'm not going to try to convince anyone.

I very much appreciate your perspective. And it actually gains me more respect for Arkansas State. It's hard to say what will happen but Anderson seems like a stand-up guy. Grief from losing a spouse can affect everyone in many different ways, and in all honesty I hope he is successful here more for him than for our program.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

arkstfan

Post by arkstfan » December 10th, 2020, 10:09 pm

bigblue wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 10:07 pm
arkstfan wrote:I'm not going to try to convince anyone.

I very much appreciate your perspective. And it actually gains me more respect for Arkansas State. It's hard to say what will happen but Anderson seems like a stand-up guy. Grief from losing a spouse can affect everyone in many different ways, and in all honesty I hope he is successful here more for him than for our program.

He also lost his father in May.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 10th, 2020, 10:10 pm

2004AG wrote:
arkstfan wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
arkstfan wrote:
USU78 wrote:
arkstfan wrote:

Thanks for your insights

But on the flip side a fresh start with fewer reminders of his loss can rejuvenate his passion. I know several people who have lost spouses that had to sell their houses and just relocate even if it's just a few miles away just to get a fresh start and it always seems to help. I do believe us Aggie nation we'll have a warm welcome for him. It's going to help him feel accepted and rejuvenated. Plus the scenery here might bring some serenity for him.

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » December 11th, 2020, 12:42 am

bigblue wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 10:10 pm
2004AG wrote:
arkstfan wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
arkstfan wrote:
USU78 wrote:
arkstfan wrote:

Thanks for your insights

But on the flip side a fresh start with fewer reminders of his loss can rejuvenate his passion. I know several people who have lost spouses that had to sell their houses and just relocate even if it's just a few miles away just to get a fresh start and it always seems to help. I do believe us Aggie nation we'll have a warm welcome for him. It's going to help him feel accepted and rejuvenated. Plus the scenery here might bring some serenity for him.

How's the adult dating scene in Logan these days?

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » December 11th, 2020, 9:54 am

I must confess that I was "ho-hum" when I heard we had hired the Arkansas State coach but then I looked at the video of his wife's illness and death. Wow! We have a good man who will fit in nicely and I believe we can help him as well.
These users thanked the author BobWilson for the post (total 3):
AggiePTbluegrouseWinkie

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 11th, 2020, 10:57 am

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Nothing at all lame.....but a very valid point. Hartwell knows how to choose coaches. For all we know, Anderson will exceed our expectations.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 11th, 2020, 11:14 am

Every coaching hiring process I've read about, the prospective coach always submits a list of assistant coaches they will bring with them. College coaches probably even submit a list of player prospects / transfers they can bring.

Gotta figure Anderson has the most impressive list. They are probably all outsiders and that's a plus. No part of this years $hit show.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
BLUERUFiO

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » December 11th, 2020, 11:59 am

How's the adult dating scene in Logan these days?

As soon as he takes the missionary discussions and gets baptized.... should do very well. LOL!
These users thanked the author NavyBlue for the post:
Winkie

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 11th, 2020, 12:04 pm

NavyBlue wrote:How's the adult dating scene in Logan these days?

As soon as he takes the missionary discussions and gets baptized.... should do very well. LOL!
He on Mutual App yet?
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
BLUERUFiO

Locked Previous topicNext topic