Graham Harrell

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
2004AG

Re: Graham Herrell

Post by 2004AG » December 4th, 2020, 10:06 pm

stang wrote:
splintorb wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:57 pm
stang wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:52 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:50 pm
stang wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:54 pm
slcagg wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:49 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Notatrueaggie wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:23 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:21 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:19 pm
Sounds like Harrell turned it down.
This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here.
I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this information lmao
Nobody told me. It’s just reading the tea leaves of people with sources saying Harrell is the new coach (meaning they heard he was being offered) and then people with sources saying “no so fast” (meaning he turned it down).
‘Not so fast’ doesn’t necessarily mean he turned them down if you haven’t been told specifically that he turned them down. Could mean they’re still negotiating and the contract hasn’t been signed.
Yup exactly. Isaac has historically been a really good source. Could be wrong but I’d bet that it very possible.
Isaac is wrong. Graham Harrell will not be coaching at USU and there are no current negotiations. He wanted so badly to be first that he "reported" recklessly and got hopes up.
I feel like you’re doing exactly what you accuse issac of doing.
We'll see who ends up being right.
Dude! Are you reading your own messages?? You are literally being EXACTLY what you’re complaining about...
I'm complaining about Isaac posting false information and passing it off as fact. I'm posting true information, and you can accept it as fact or not, but I thought some on this board may be interested to know it.
I don’t get why everyone is on your (I can't express myself without swearing). I appreciate the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splintorb

Post by splintorb » December 4th, 2020, 10:07 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:06 pm
stang wrote:
splintorb wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:57 pm
stang wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
This doesn't surprise me. I heard he turned down washington state last year(not sure if true). Why would he do that then come here.
I’m confused??? How do you get multiple people saying he’s the head coach and then say he’s turned down? And who told you this information lmao
Nobody told me. It’s just reading the tea leaves of people with sources saying Harrell is the new coach (meaning they heard he was being offered) and then people with sources saying “no so fast” (meaning he turned it down).
‘Not so fast’ doesn’t necessarily mean he turned them down if you haven’t been told specifically that he turned them down. Could mean they’re still negotiating and the contract hasn’t been signed.
Yup exactly. Isaac has historically been a really good source. Could be wrong but I’d bet that it very possible.
Isaac is wrong. Graham Harrell will not be coaching at USU and there are no current negotiations. He wanted so badly to be first that he "reported" recklessly and got hopes up.
Dude! Are you reading your own messages?? You are literally being EXACTLY what you’re complaining about...
I'm complaining about Isaac posting false information and passing it off as fact. I'm posting true information, and you can accept it as fact or not, but I thought some on this board may be interested to know it.
I don’t get why everyone is on your (I can't express myself without swearing). I appreciate the info.

It’s people being a little bothered this guy is being a litttttlllleee hypocritical...
These users thanked the author splintorb for the post:
Imakeitrain

bpd

Post by bpd » December 4th, 2020, 10:10 pm

If people revealed their sources, then their sources wouldn't give them info anymore. So nobody is going to reveal their sources.

Now, who is the next coach going to be?

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 4th, 2020, 10:11 pm

stang wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:56 pm
stang wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
That wasn’t my point.

You are definitively stating that Harrell turned down an offer.

Either you work for the AD and should be fired because loose lips sink ships or you’re just as full of it and making a prediction. I also predict Harrell won’t coach here. I’m just not pretending I know anything about it.
Harrell did turn down an offer. I do not work for the AD, but I have very reliable information on this one. Unlike Isaac's sources. And I don't give a damn if you believe me, you'll see.
So the point of you commenting is to boast about “sources”.

Issac also has reliable sources. There is 0 chance that the ADs office would report we were turned down or want that info out. It’s embarrassing information. It’s information that puts us in a worse light and in a worse negotiating position with other quality coaches....

But you just had to let everyone on a semi-anonymous know you have “sources”, right?

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Re: Graham Harrell

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm

My guesses are that Isaac's sources (which are typically good) told him it was Harrell. That then changed.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
Roy McAvoy

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 4th, 2020, 10:13 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
My guesses are that Isaac's sources (which are typically good) told him it was Harrell. That then changed.
Maybe :noidea:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 4th, 2020, 10:13 pm

MTAG wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:55 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:46 pm
ususports wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:43 pm
MTAG wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:40 pm
coolag wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:39 pm
Just hire Jay Hill and get going.
I’d still like them to take a long look at Jeff Choate, but I know that’s just wishful thinking on my part.
Have you told your husband to apply? :joking:
Well we know we have Chico to fall back on.
I’m not gonna lie, that was actually hilarious 😂 all I’m trying to do is build my fan club. This made my night 😂
I would have no problem seeing Choate given the opportunity.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 4th, 2020, 10:14 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Only stang has reliable sources.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
splintorb

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 4th, 2020, 10:19 pm

I appreciate both stang and Isaac sharing what they are hearing. I don’t care if they end up being wrong. This is Twitter and USUfans.com we are talking about. I’m not expecting perfection from anyone.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on December 4th, 2020, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
splintorbcdaAgBLUERUFiOAggieBlues

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 4th, 2020, 10:20 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Everyone needs to give Isaac a pass on this one. Sounds like the only thing he got wrong is Harrell being a self-serving douchebag. Had every reason to think it was a done deal but for Harrell’s apparent bad faith.

And if nothing else, I think I’ve figured out who YBA is on Twitter. :lol:
Why does Isaac get a pass?

Why does Premasunac get a pass?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 4th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Doesn't anybody remember The Project? Everybody had a source. Everybody knew somebody.

And everybody's information was as good as USU had. Problem was, USU didn't exactly have good information.

It's axiomatic that you can only know what's knowable. What's in Harrell's head isn't knowable.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 4):
cdaAgineptimusprimeJFW_AGGIESBLUERUFiO

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

smallz
Has thanked: 0

Post by smallz » December 4th, 2020, 10:25 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:I appreciate both stang and Isaac sharing what they are hearing. I don’t care if they end up being wrong. This is Twitter and USUfans.com we are talking about. I’m not expecting perfection from anyone.
Bingo! I'm glad they are sharing their info. So many people have been complaining about there not being any info and now that we have two sources with differing opinions some are blowing up. At least some of us are enjoying the fact that two insiders are sharing what there sources have told them. I don't care if one of them is wrong. I guarantee that their sources are much closer to the situation than I'll ever have access to.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author smallz for the post (total 2):
Roy McAvoycdaAg

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 4th, 2020, 10:25 pm

I, too, am grateful for Isaac’s work to get info out and for Stang anonymously coming here and setting the record straight. Again, it seems easy to piece together what happened here.

We’re message board fans. We love all the speculation, scoop, and over analyzing. That’s why we’re here.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
cdaAgBLUERUFiO

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 4th, 2020, 10:26 pm

So since Harrell seems like a no go who are some candidates that we are considering? I know some people on here know. I don't have a twitter, Instagram or facebook account so you know I won't be breaking any news.

stang

Post by stang » December 4th, 2020, 10:28 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:11 pm
stang wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:56 pm
stang wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
That wasn’t my point.

You are definitively stating that Harrell turned down an offer.

Either you work for the AD and should be fired because loose lips sink ships or you’re just as full of it and making a prediction. I also predict Harrell won’t coach here. I’m just not pretending I know anything about it.
Harrell did turn down an offer. I do not work for the AD, but I have very reliable information on this one. Unlike Isaac's sources. And I don't give a damn if you believe me, you'll see.
So the point of you commenting is to boast about “sources”.

Issac also has reliable sources. There is 0 chance that the ADs office would report we were turned down or want that info out. It’s embarrassing information. It’s information that puts us in a worse light and in a worse negotiating position with other quality coaches....

But you just had to let everyone on a semi-anonymous know you have “sources”, right?
I'm done running around in circles on this. The point of me commenting was to stop the spread of misinformation that Isaac started by jumping to conclusions. That's all. None of you know who I am, so why would I care if you view me as reliable or as someone with sources.

Again, he made a mistake. He's not a bad person for it, but he stated that Harrell will be the next head coach and that it's a done deal. I'm simply telling everyone not to get their hopes up on that, because the exact opposite is true.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 4th, 2020, 10:29 pm

I didn’t want Harrell anyway. I want a real salt of the earth type of coach who will come in and teach the players how to tackle and read a pitch.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
AggieBlues

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 4th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Information is one thing. But stang was the one complaining about issac propping himself up with “sources”, when he himself then referenced sources.

It’s even worse that stang’s info is embarrassing. It suggests that Hartwell is so incapable of recruitment and due diligence he offered the job to someone that wasn’t even interested in coming here.

stang

Post by stang » December 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm

I hope my posts haven't come across as me trying to personally attack Isaac. I don't know him.

It just rubbed me the wrong way that he jumped the gun on this matter and stated it as a fact in a way that not only got Aggie fans' hopes up, but could also potentially do damage to the program as word gets out that Harrell was in fact offered and turned the offer down. That's a bad look, and something other candidates may take notice of.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
oleblu111

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 4th, 2020, 10:35 pm

stang wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:32 pm
I hope my posts haven't come across as me trying to personally attack Isaac. I don't know him.

It just rubbed me the wrong way that he jumped the gun on this matter and stated it as a fact in a way that not only got Aggie fans' hopes up, but could also potentially do damage to the program as word gets out that Harrell was in fact offered and turned the offer down. That's a bad look, and something other candidates may take notice of.
Yeah, I tend to agree with you here. I wish it would’ve just reported that Harrell was a front runner candidate and left at that.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 4th, 2020, 10:46 pm

stang wrote:

Yeah he should not have posted that. If he wanted to say "it is likely Harrell gets the job",ok, but to go all in when he didnt fully know misled a fanbase.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 4th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Stang should be listened to on this one

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 4th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Is Issac sticking to his guns that it will be Harrell, or has he back tracked ?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 4th, 2020, 10:51 pm

When is the press conference for Chico or Maile going to happen?

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 4th, 2020, 10:53 pm

2004AG wrote:Is Issac sticking to his guns that it will be Harrell, or has he back tracked ?

He deleted the tweets it looks like.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 4th, 2020, 10:58 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:51 pm
I am getting bad flashbacks to 2015. Hope it just paranoia and nothing else.

MTAG

Post by MTAG » December 4th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:58 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
Relax! There’s a lot of other very good candidates out there still that we won’t have to hire one of those two. Even if we have to get an FCS coach, which I think a lot of us are in favor of, we will get somebody good, I guarantee it!

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » December 4th, 2020, 11:25 pm

stang wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 9:30 pm
MTAG wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:55 pm
stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
And you know this how?
Because he's on twitter calling him fake news.
What?
You know what you did.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
AggieArmy

Hail Aggies!

stang

Post by stang » December 4th, 2020, 11:39 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 11:25 pm
stang wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
MTAG wrote:
stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
And you know this how?
What?
You know what you did.

I don't, please elaborate.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 4th, 2020, 11:40 pm

stang wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 11:39 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
stang wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
MTAG wrote:
stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
And you know this how?
What?
You know what you did.

You are guilty of the crime of forgetting to check the username.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
bluegrouse

stang

Post by stang » December 4th, 2020, 11:59 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 11:40 pm
stang wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 11:39 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
stang wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
MTAG wrote:
stang wrote:
slcagg wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
And you know this how?
What?
You know what you did.

You are guilty of the crime of forgetting to check the username.
Ahhh, right you are

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 5th, 2020, 4:29 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:35 pm
stang wrote:

Yeah, I tend to agree with you here. I wish it would’ve just reported that Harrell was a front runner candidate and left at that.
This is how it should have been phrased, then no one comes out with mudd on their face. I like info but if your getting it from the interwebs buyer be ware. Anyways can't wait to find out who our new coach will be in the next week or so. Go AGGIES!!!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 5th, 2020, 5:13 am

MTAG wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 11:13 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:58 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
Relax! There’s a lot of other very good candidates out there still that we won’t have to hire one of those two. Even if we have to get an FCS coach, which I think a lot of us are in favor of, we will get somebody good, I guarantee it!
Bring on choate. I wonder if he has been interviewed.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 5th, 2020, 5:53 am

This idiotic thread is why so much effort is made to keep the process and candidates private.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 4):
LarryTheAggieUSU78BustaMcNutt3rdGenAggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 5th, 2020, 5:56 am

brownjeans wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 5:53 am
This idiotic thread is why so much effort is made to keep the process and candidates private.
You want to go back to the Canales thread instead 😁?
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
brownjeans

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 5th, 2020, 5:57 am

slcagg wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 5:56 am
brownjeans wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 5:53 am
You want to go back to the Canales thread instead 😁?
All this speculation tips the job to Canales.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 3):
slcaggUSU78AggieBlues

Locked Previous topicNext topic