Peasley

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TrueAG

Re: Peasley

Post by TrueAG » December 4th, 2020, 3:51 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 3:41 pm
GUS wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 2:56 pm
I've seen zero improvement on the O line from last season. That's not acceptable in a developmental program.
Other than finally beginning practice in September, the guys haven't had a chance to develop and improve since last season.
Almost all of AF starters are new this year. It's like we are the only team affected by Covid.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 4th, 2020, 3:58 pm

NVAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:38 am
I've never really been a Peasley guy. He is a gifted athlete, but he is not a quarterback. Quarterbacks come into a game and make things happen. I was at the Wyoming game when Love finally got a chance. Even with the picks, Love had something that Myers didn't. When Chuckie started against Auburn, it was obvious he was special.

If we don't have someone special at quarterback on the team, then we need to go find one. Everything I hear on this board makes me think Legas could be special. It would be nice to see if that is the case.
Wholeheartedly agree.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 4th, 2020, 4:23 pm

BigBlueBlood wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 10:54 am
Guys, it's almost impossible at this point to measure individual players in any meaningful way, unless you sit down and watch all the film in relation to every other player, AND you happen to know what you re talking about. We are down to some backups in positions with a team that lost its HC, OC and QB mid season, and is now losing key players to the portal. I even think we had some guys playing out of position just to fill holes. Honestly, if you watched the receivers, some started jogging through their routes and made few second efforts. The OL blew a lot of blitz's and simple rushes, and Peasley seemed to make some questionable decisions and poor throws. Linebackers often were lost (Except for Maile. That kid can play). Add to this AF's punishing ability to run the ball, and this was a team effort (loss). Also, one cannot ignore the horrible officiating. We did not lose because of it, but it did kill our momentum in a key part of the game. AF passed it well, but not until after it started running us over. I have a lot of respect for many of the players and coaches who are still gutting it out under these circumstances. Watching Bond on the field after the game, you could tell he was devastated, as were others. We are a bit of a dumpster fire at the moment. It's no secret, but these players and coaches don't want to be. Winning these football games is hard enough when everything is going well. I don't know if Maile is the guy or not. A few games under these circumstances cannot be the measuring stick for him. I trust Hartwell is looking at all of his work, and that of other candidates, and will make the best decision. I hope the team can pick itself up this week, lick its wounds and go to CSU and finish with a great effort. That would be a win right now. I trust we'll climb out of this, especially if the new coach can get good talent to recognize what a great University USU is, what a great place it is to live and play football and the support one gets while doing it. GO AGGIES!
“Almost impossible to measure individual players...........”
Then a lot on this board are psychic, because we knew from the get go that certain players were going to be special without waiting for all the criteria you mentioned. I am 72 (don’t tell anyone) and here are a few exceptions to your comments:
Bill Munson, Tommy Larshied, Merlin and Phil Olsen, Henry King, Spain Musgrove, ROY SHIVERS, Earsell McBee, Tom and John Forzani, Tony Adam’s, McArthur Lane, Altie Taylor, Bill Staley, Lionell Aldrich, Clyde Brock, Louis Giammona, Rich Zecher, .......moving up a few years...Rick Parros, Rulon Jones, Anthony Calvillo, ....Bobby Wagner, Robert Turbin, Chuckie Keaton, Jordon Love, etc,etc.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 4th, 2020, 5:44 pm

I didn't like our offensive game plan. I think when your plan is to sustain long, time-consuming drives to keep the other team's offense off the field you are putting a ton of pressure on your team to execute to perfection. There's little margin for error. One mistake and you're punting. Ball-control should never be a higher objective for an offense than scoring.

blublood

Post by blublood » December 4th, 2020, 7:36 pm

Couldn’t Cooper Legas play the CSU game and still call it a redshirt year? It’d be really nice to see how he does. If he could actually find the open receivers that would be an improvement. The receivers that looked like they weren’t giving much effort were probably tired of not getting targets even when being wide open. Peasley has horrible field vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 4th, 2020, 7:52 pm

blublood wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:36 pm
Couldn’t Cooper Legas play the CSU game and still call it a redshirt year? It’d be really nice to see how he does. If he could actually find the open receivers that would be an improvement. The receivers that looked like they weren’t giving much effort were probably tired of not getting targets even when being wide open. Peasley has horrible field vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every player can play as much as they want this season and it doesn't count against their remaining eligibility. Everyone's eligibility/clock is frozen this year. They will enter next year with the same number of years to play as they had coming into this season.

Harcher

Post by Harcher » December 4th, 2020, 8:08 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:56 am
Harcher wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:31 am
Madmartigan wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 7:15 am
He looked like a QB on his 3rd OC in two years making his second start. Not saying he is definitively the guy, but to expect a QB like him to go out and light the world on fire right now isn't realistic. I remember arguing with people about Jordan Love early on who claimed he wasn't a "D1 caliber player" because his first several starts were rough. It's hard to be patient when we're getting the doors blown off, but that's exactly what we need to be with Peasley. He has potential to be a good one.
So peasly gets a mulligan for the “environmental conditions “ but Shelly didn’t?

Just asking for a friend....

I just thought our whole situation sucked thanks to GA, and while Shelly wasn’t that good, his scapegoat status was way overrated. And I think that pressure broke him.

And as for posting qualifications, I don’t know anyone of consequence, like hart well or laub or maile, nor do have kids on the team. Just a fan of our Aggies on our lovely message board.
This sentence confused me. I don't think I mentioned anything citing to qualifications as a need to have an opinion. What are you referring to here?
Last sentence was not aimed at you... all over the board there has been posts on not being “in the know” or “qualified” to comment. So I tried some sarcasm.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 4th, 2020, 9:06 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Legas get some reps next game, but we shouldn't give up on a guy after one bad game. It was only his second start and even though his first start was against a terrible team, he was near perfect in that game. What happens when Legas struggles, do we just move onto the next guy? You are going to see some growing pains with young inexperienced quarterback especially guys that don't have much talent around them.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 4th, 2020, 11:04 pm

Peasley has a strong arm, lively legs, and some intuition. Definitely worth building on. I would like to see Legas get a series or two just to get that first game action under his belt and hungry to stay an Aggie.

Locked Previous topicNext topic