The goalline fumble touchback

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6035
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 341 times

The goalline fumble touchback

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 26th, 2020, 11:02 pm

That was a time the call on the field was huge. If we had got the ruling of touchdown on the field, that would have stood. If we got the ruling of stepping out on the field, that would have stood. It was nice to see Peasley bounce back from it.



blueaggie
Posts: 978
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by blueaggie » November 27th, 2020, 12:47 am

I don't see how the replay officials missed the call. You can see that Peasley stepped out of bounds and he still had possession of the ball.



aggiesdidwhat
Posts: 615
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by aggiesdidwhat » November 27th, 2020, 1:22 am

blueaggie wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 12:47 am
I don't see how the replay officials missed the call. You can see that Peasley stepped out of bounds and he still had possession of the ball.
I have no idea, but it felt like they didn't even look at that. Just that he fumbled. It really gets old having replay that are really obvious calls, that still don't get called right.
These users thanked the author aggiesdidwhat for the post:
gomretat



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11061
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7057 times
Been thanked: 4641 times
Contact:

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by aggies22 » November 27th, 2020, 6:59 am

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 1:22 am
blueaggie wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 12:47 am
I don't see how the replay officials missed the call. You can see that Peasley stepped out of bounds and he still had possession of the ball.
I have no idea, but it felt like they didn't even look at that. Just that he fumbled. It really gets old having replay that are really obvious calls, that still don't get called right.
Not having that call seriously looked at and reversed is par for the course with Aggie football.



agster
Posts: 151
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by agster » November 27th, 2020, 9:12 am

What drives me crazy is why they never have a camera angle just on the goal line. Why not? Can't they afford having an extra camera?



User avatar
AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG
Posts: 6426
Joined: January 10th, 2003, 12:00 am
Location: northeast Iowa
Has thanked: 412 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 27th, 2020, 9:20 am

agster wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:12 am
What drives me crazy is why they never have a camera angle just on the goal line. Why not? Can't they afford having an extra camera?
it would be 4 cameras - one on each side of both lines - to really provide the best angles. I feel like I've seen some games where there are cameras in the pilons - and even the first down marker has a pilon on it with a camera in it - maybe NFL games?


2020 PICK'EM GOOGLE Docs -
BOWLS (pick entry)

WEEK 15 (results)

User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6099
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 451 times
Contact:

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by TheAKAggie » November 28th, 2020, 5:41 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:20 am
agster wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:12 am
What drives me crazy is why they never have a camera angle just on the goal line. Why not? Can't they afford having an extra camera?
it would be 4 cameras - one on each side of both lines - to really provide the best angles. I feel like I've seen some games where there are cameras in the pilons - and even the first down marker has a pilon on it with a camera in it - maybe NFL games?
NFL games have around 20 cameras, major college football games, major college football 12-14 I think, the bare minimum is 5 (facebook games). I don't know how many are there for our timeslots, but it seemed like 7 based on the replays.
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa


Hail Aggies!

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6035
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 29th, 2020, 8:10 am

At :48, you will see the players celebrating thinking they are getting the call overturned after watching the replay.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
USU78



Elkaggie
Posts: 4229
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: The goalline fumble touchback

Post by Elkaggie » November 29th, 2020, 9:10 am

Even the referee analyst that the talk to in studio about the play says if his foot is out of bounds and touching the ball even without control it’s our ball. They looked at way too fast.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
USU78



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic