List your top 5 candidates

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MTAG
Posts: 57
Joined: November 11th, 2020, 9:27 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

List your top 5 candidates

Post by MTAG » November 23rd, 2020, 2:06 pm

Obviously let's make it reasonable. Don't put down Nick Saban or Bill Belicheck or anybody we know is not interested. List your top 5 reasonable candidates that are likely to be considered for the job. I'll go first.

1. Jeff Choate
2. Jay Hill
3. David Yost
4. Graham Harrell
5. Brian Johnson

Alright, let's see all of yours now!



LarryTheAggie
Posts: 502
Joined: July 4th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by LarryTheAggie » November 23rd, 2020, 2:33 pm

1. Alex Grinch
2. Yost
3. Lance Anderson
4. Jay Hill
5. Frank (really he needs to leave USU and become a DC at a Power 5 for a few years first, then MAYBE we give him a serious look next time around).
6. Chuckie Keeton(3 coaches from now, after Frank gets the job, and Chuckie has been the OC at Texas for a couple of years.)

Do I think any of this guys will be the Coach? No. And its a good thing I do not get to decide.



User avatar
ShowMeAggie
Posts: 752
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:43 am
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by ShowMeAggie » November 23rd, 2020, 2:36 pm

I'll play.

1. Jay Hill. Checks all the boxes for me. young(ish)/energetic. proven winner. capable of executing a turn-around (which it is now apparent we will need :bangwall:) . P5 experience. Good recruiter. Utah experience. Head coaching experience

2. Jeff Choate. MTAG sold me on him, haha. High energy guy. Knows the western US and its challenges. also capable of a turnaround. head coaching experience

3. Brian Johnson. Like his offensive mind...i think he could do good things here. good recruiting connections (presumably) to Texas and Florida. Lots of experience as an offensive coordinator (g5 and p5 levels)

4. Lance Anderson. Someone might convince me he belongs ahead of the previous 3. Knows about stability! Long-time FBS/P5 experience. COORDINATOR at the p5 level. Utah connections

5. Andy Avalos. Checks almost all the boxes, but would he bolt for BSU at the first chance.
Last edited by ShowMeAggie on November 23rd, 2020, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 6768
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 23rd, 2020, 2:37 pm

1. Alex Grinch
2. Billy Napier
3. Jamey Chadwell
4. Andy Avalos
5. Jay Hill


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7501
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 486 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by 2004AG » November 23rd, 2020, 2:41 pm

1- Jay Hill
2- Lance Anderson
3- Choate
4- Harrell
5- Scalley

Yost doesn't strike me as HC material.

Here's my bottom 5.

1- Frank
2- Grimes
3- Ed Lamb
4- Jim McElwain
5- Yost



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 5576
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 23rd, 2020, 2:45 pm

In no particular order:

1. Harrell
2. Avalos
3. Hill
4. Lance Anderson
5. Brian Johnson
5a. Morgan Scalley (if we feel he isn't still toxic).


Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aggie19
Posts: 914
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 494 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Aggie19 » November 23rd, 2020, 2:48 pm

Of the names I've seen on here:

1. Avalos
2. Alex Grinch
3. Harrell
3. Lance Anderson
4. Hill
5. Choate

I don't think it'll be any of these guys.


Go Aggies!

NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2264
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

I chose to let our A D make the decision. Yeah,, a sour cheeky response, but I have no idea who is qualified as I've zero access to resumes, salary requirements, and current contractual obligations for the most promising candidate plus needed contract length and monies for staff and recruiting.

To make any coherent suggestions I'd just be like the neighbors barking dog.



Aggie84025
Posts: 3086
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Aggie84025 » November 23rd, 2020, 3:09 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm
UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

I chose to let our A D make the decision. Yeah,, a sour cheeky response, but I have no idea who is qualified as I've zero access to resumes, salary requirements, and current contractual obligations for the most promising candidate plus needed contract length and monies for staff and recruiting.

To make any coherent suggestions I'd just be like the neighbors barking dog.
What about Chico, you for sure have seen enough about his qualifications?



AggieUprising50
Posts: 798
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by AggieUprising50 » November 23rd, 2020, 3:12 pm

1. Craig Smith - Young, Energetic, Proven Winner, has USU Connections
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post (total 2):
vegasaggieAggiePT



User avatar
utahcountyaggie
Posts: 120
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 11:56 am
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by utahcountyaggie » November 23rd, 2020, 3:18 pm

Sean Lewis
Choate
Brian Johnson
Yost
Jay Hill


Living amongst the Zoobs.... :anonymous:

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7501
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 486 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by 2004AG » November 23rd, 2020, 3:21 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm
UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

I chose to let our A D make the decision. Yeah,, a sour cheeky response, but I have no idea who is qualified as I've zero access to resumes, salary requirements, and current contractual obligations for the most promising candidate plus needed contract length and monies for staff and recruiting.

To make any coherent suggestions I'd just be like the neighbors barking dog.
Well obviously none of us know anything. Its just who we would like to be the next coach.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5550
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Aglicious » November 23rd, 2020, 3:39 pm

Brian Johnson
Nick Sheridan
Jamey Chadwell
Kasey Dunn
Lance Leipold



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4455
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 778 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 23rd, 2020, 3:55 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 3:04 pm
UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

I chose to let our A D make the decision. Yeah,, a sour cheeky response, but I have no idea who is qualified as I've zero access to resumes, salary requirements, and current contractual obligations for the most promising candidate plus needed contract length and monies for staff and recruiting.

To make any coherent suggestions I'd just be like the neighbors barking dog.
These type of posts are weird. It is a message board where fans give opinions. It would be a pretty boring place if the only opinions given were those super in the know with every detail lined up. (Although I do appreciate those posters that are in the know that give us good information.)
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
2004AGsplintorb



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by GeoAg » November 23rd, 2020, 4:05 pm

1. Anybody but Canales
2. Mike Canales
3. CrazyAg's brother
4. Chico Canales
5. Mr. Canales
6. Frank Duryea
7. Tim Maile
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 4):
bpdbluegrouseGA_AggieBLUERUFiO


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2520
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by newhouse9 » November 23rd, 2020, 4:31 pm

GeoAg wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 4:05 pm
1. Anybody but Canales
2. Mike Canales
3. CrazyAg's brother
4. Chico Canales
5. Mr. Canales
6. Frank Duryea
7. Tim Maile
Ditto. Geo knows.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15539
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 833 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by brownjeans » November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm

  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by GeoAg » November 23rd, 2020, 5:13 pm

I like the idea of Graham Harrell.


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 6768
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 23rd, 2020, 5:22 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm
  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.
According to Google, Jamey Chadwell is only making like $335k a year. Unless a big name wants him (definitely possible), seems like he'd be available as long as he doesn't mind moving to the mountains.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
NHAggie
Pick'em Champ - '15 Bowls, '19 Kickoff
Posts: 147
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 5:41 am
Location: NH Seacoast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by NHAggie » November 23rd, 2020, 5:29 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm
  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.
Marcus Freeman is listed as an up and coming coach . He is the DC at Cincinnati . I had him on my original candidate list. Others were Lance Anderson DC Stanford, Joe Moorhead OC Oregon, Blake Barker DC Miami Fla, Zak Hill OC Arizona State and Blake Anderson HC Arkansas St.


Do or do not...There is no try (Yoda)

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15539
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 833 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by brownjeans » November 23rd, 2020, 5:34 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:22 pm
brownjeans wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm
  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.
According to Google, Jamey Chadwell is only making like $335k a year. Unless a big name wants him (definitely possible), seems like he'd be available as long as he doesn't mind moving to the mountains.
Yeah, he's only taken jobs in South Carolina. Maybe it's just what he's been offered, or maybe he doesn't want to go anywhere unless it's Clemson or the Gamecocks.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
3rdGenAggie



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4455
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 778 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 23rd, 2020, 6:20 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:22 pm
brownjeans wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm
  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.
According to Google, Jamey Chadwell is only making like $335k a year. Unless a big name wants him (definitely possible), seems like he'd be available as long as he doesn't mind moving to the mountains.
Jamey Chadwell is about as East of the Mississippi as a guy can get. I doubt he takes a job in Utah. Great coach though who will be in the big time real soon. (Although zero P5 experience even as an assistant could hurt him)



blueaggie
Posts: 973
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by blueaggie » November 24th, 2020, 1:40 am

1. Jay Hill



Madmartigan
Posts: 2919
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 331 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Madmartigan » November 24th, 2020, 6:42 am

My guess is we lean offensive coaches.



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 681
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 24th, 2020, 7:44 am

I really don't get all the Love for Jay Hill, while he has done a nice job at Weber he has only really coached at 2 schools. Aggie fans need to be a little more objective than, Oh he has ties to Utah when looking at possible HC's. Lets hire the most qualified guy for the job with a breathe of experience across college and even pro football.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5943
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 24th, 2020, 7:57 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 7:44 am
I really don't get all the Love for Jay Hill, while he has done a nice job at Weber he has only really coached at 2 schools. Aggie fans need to be a little more objective than, Oh he has ties to Utah when looking at possible HC's. Lets hire the most qualified guy for the job with a breathe of experience across college and even pro football.
We like Jay Hill for WHAT he does done while at Weber, not that he is connected to Utah.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
Slim80



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7501
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 486 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by 2004AG » November 24th, 2020, 8:01 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 7:44 am
I really don't get all the Love for Jay Hill, while he has done a nice job at Weber he has only really coached at 2 schools. Aggie fans need to be a little more objective than, Oh he has ties to Utah when looking at possible HC's. Lets hire the most qualified guy for the job with a breathe of experience across college and even pro football.
Yeah, I'm just impressed he took over a dumpster fire and built them into a national FCS power.

Compare that to a guy like Graham Harrell.....

While I would be happy with a Graham Harrell hire, what has he really done? Has he built a program? Has he been the head man in charge?

The skills of a coordinator are very different than the skills of the Head Coach. Harrell sounds flashy because he is the OC at a blue blood, but I don't think his resume is anywhere near Hill's.



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 681
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 24th, 2020, 8:16 am

2004AG wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 8:01 am
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 7:44 am
I really don't get all the Love for Jay Hill, while he has done a nice job at Weber he has only really coached at 2 schools. Aggie fans need to be a little more objective than, Oh he has ties to Utah when looking at possible HC's. Lets hire the most qualified guy for the job with a breathe of experience across college and even pro football.
Yeah, I'm just impressed he took over a dumpster fire and built them into a national FCS power.

Compare that to a guy like Graham Harrell.....

While I would be happy with a Graham Harrell hire, what has he really done? Has he built a program? Has he been the head man in charge?

The skills of a coordinator are very different than the skills of the Head Coach. Harrell sounds flashy because he is the OC at a blue blood, but I don't think his resume is anywhere near Hill's.
like I said he's done a good job there but all he did was use the McBride and Andersen model. Out of the FCS coaches that you all have been talking about Choate's resume is way more impressive imho



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7501
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 486 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by 2004AG » November 24th, 2020, 8:20 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 8:16 am
2004AG wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 8:01 am
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 7:44 am
I really don't get all the Love for Jay Hill, while he has done a nice job at Weber he has only really coached at 2 schools. Aggie fans need to be a little more objective than, Oh he has ties to Utah when looking at possible HC's. Lets hire the most qualified guy for the job with a breathe of experience across college and even pro football.
Yeah, I'm just impressed he took over a dumpster fire and built them into a national FCS power.

Compare that to a guy like Graham Harrell.....

While I would be happy with a Graham Harrell hire, what has he really done? Has he built a program? Has he been the head man in charge?

The skills of a coordinator are very different than the skills of the Head Coach. Harrell sounds flashy because he is the OC at a blue blood, but I don't think his resume is anywhere near Hill's.
like I said he's done a good job there but all he did was use the McBride and Andersen model. Out of the FCS coaches that you all have been talking about Choate's resume is way more impressive imho
What difference does it make who's model it is? If the model works, why wouldn't you use it? To me, that's an even bigger endorsement of Hill. He knows the model and has perfected the model. Knowing how to win games in Utah is a bad thing? That's why Hartwell picking a coach that's never coached west of the Mississippi scares me a little. I think Jay has a really high floor.

I think I would be happy with Choate too though.



mcaggie1
Posts: 2868
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by mcaggie1 » November 24th, 2020, 8:58 am

brownjeans wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm
  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.
This.
:utah: :state:



seabass
Posts: 79
Joined: August 6th, 2017, 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by seabass » November 24th, 2020, 9:07 am

I want someone with Utah ties. I want someone that will use the GA 1.0 blueprint.
1. Jay Hill.
Big Sky standings
2013 (year before he started)
Weber State 12th place;
1-7 conference record
2014- 12th; 2-6
2015- 7th; 5-3
2016- 3rd; 6-2
2017- 1st; 7-1
2018- tied for 1st; 7-1
2019- 1st; 7-1
Just because it’s obvious doesn’t make it the wrong move. Urban Meyer coaching tree. I’ve never seen him coach- I just need to look at the standings.

2. Lance Anderson. If he’s the HC in waiting at Stanford, that’s good enough for me. Great recruiter. Utah ties.

3. Choate. MTAG has done a good job that he would be a great choice. I love that he has HC experience and they’ve beat their arch rival 2 out of 3 times under his watch. His rise up the Big Sky standings isn’t s impressive as Hill’s, but MTSU also isn’t a traditional power in the Big Sky , so it’s still an impressive coaching job. He’s gone from 9th place to 7th, to 4th, to a tie for 3rd.

Hill, LA, and Choate are my top 3, and these guys are a distant 4th, 5th and 6th....

4. Grimes. I don’t follow byu-Provo but they are having a good season. He has coached at some big schools. He knows the Utah culture. I would really be convinced if they played someone good on their schedule. They did demolish Boise. I like that he won’t be poached by byu to be their HC, unlike Hill and LA, who are members of the Church that owns byu-Provo.

5. Avalos. I just don’t trust that he would stay after 1-2 years. Would be a great hire otherwise.

6. Canales. Just because the message board decides he wouldn’t work out, doesn’t mean he couldn’t be successful. I follow the NFL draft, and Philadelphia Eagles draft especially. This year the Eagle message board posters decided Justin Jefferson would have a low ceiling and that he wasn’t as explosive as other WRs. The Eagles passed on him and the Vikings took him with the next pick. Now he’s tearing up the league. Canales was climbing up the coaching ranks 10 years or so ago. He’s gotten stuck in bad programs the last few years. Looking at his age (59), I wouldn’t be thrilled, but I would trust Hartwell if he was hired.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie84025
Posts: 3086
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Aggie84025 » November 24th, 2020, 9:08 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 8:58 am
brownjeans wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm
  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.
This.
:utah: :state:
Freeman is an intriguing hire to me. Seems like he could do a good job here. I really like Choate's background as well. I love that he has experience at P5's and exposure to other parts of the country.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5550
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by Aglicious » November 24th, 2020, 9:54 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 9:08 am
mcaggie1 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 8:58 am
brownjeans wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm
  • Brian Johnson
  • Graham Harrell
  • Andrew Avalos
  • Jeff Choate
  • Marcus Freeman (random pick, but I think he'd be awesome)
I wish, but unlikely:
  • Eric Bieniemy
  • Kellen Moore
  • Billy Napier
  • Jamey Chadwell
  • Canales, Dave
I'm probably a pass on Yost or Hill.
This.
:utah: :state:
Freeman is an intriguing hire to me. Seems like he could do a good job here. I really like Choate's background as well. I love that he has experience at P5's and exposure to other parts of the country.
While I agree Freeman would be awesome, the fact he already makes $700k and loves Cincinnati makes me think a couple of hundred thousand more isn't going to entice him to be a HC in Logan. He already believes he's on the path to the HC for the Bearcats one day.



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 681
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 24th, 2020, 10:55 am

I'll take Chris Peterson, Billy Napier, Brian Johnson, Lance Anderson, Dan Enos
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 2249
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: List your top 5 candidates

Post by sam tingey » November 24th, 2020, 11:02 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 10:55 am
I'll take Chris Peterson, Billy Napier, Brian Johnson, Lance Anderson, Dan Enos
It's so nice, you'll say it twice



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic