Thompkins is transferring too

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5897
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 1107 times

Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 20th, 2020, 7:57 pm




taniataylor
Posts: 2119
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by taniataylor » November 20th, 2020, 8:04 pm

I knew this was going to happen


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Elkaggie
Posts: 4229
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Elkaggie » November 20th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Ouch!!



Elkaggie
Posts: 4229
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Elkaggie » November 20th, 2020, 8:08 pm

So does he finish the season?



taniataylor
Posts: 2119
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by taniataylor » November 20th, 2020, 8:10 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:08 pm
So does he finish the season?
No


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Aggie84025
Posts: 3592
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1254 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Aggie84025 » November 20th, 2020, 8:11 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:04 pm
I knew this was going to happen
Any insight into why?



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9601
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2630 times
Been thanked: 801 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by USU78 » November 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Oh, crap


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5897
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 1107 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:11 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:04 pm
I knew this was going to happen
Any insight into why?
Do you really need to ask this?



ususports
Posts: 1685
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 518 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by ususports » November 20th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:11 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:04 pm
I knew this was going to happen
Any insight into why?
Do you really need to ask this?
Because he likes to play with a QB who can’t throw the ball within 25 yards of the intended receiver, and that QB is no longer on the team?



bpd
Posts: 1244
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by bpd » November 20th, 2020, 8:40 pm

There is going to be a mass exodus. There is no transfer penalty.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 2):
GA_Aggietaniataylor



stwinward
Posts: 469
Joined: August 31st, 2013, 9:35 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by stwinward » November 20th, 2020, 9:00 pm

bpd wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:40 pm
There is going to be a mass exodus. There is no transfer penalty.
I'm not sure the NCAA thought through what removing the penalty could mean to a program that hits a rough spot at exactly the wrong year. Hopefully we survive this.



splintorb
Posts: 326
Joined: October 11th, 2014, 7:50 pm
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by splintorb » November 20th, 2020, 9:00 pm

This suucks....we are going to lose A LOT I’m afraid...thanks Gary...



Madmartigan
Posts: 2948
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Madmartigan » November 20th, 2020, 9:03 pm

depression.



User avatar
Aggieiester
Posts: 556
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Aggieiester » November 20th, 2020, 9:05 pm

splintorb wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:00 pm
This suucks....we are going to lose A LOT I’m afraid...thanks Gary...
Just a thought but maybe trigger happy Hartwell should have waited until after the Air Force game to Let GA go and maybe you wouldn't have lost all of your good players.
These users thanked the author Aggieiester for the post:
oleblu111



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6041
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 20th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Hopefully we can hire a coach with alot of players attached to him enough to follow him here!



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3754
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 1218 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by ineptimusprime » November 20th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Damnit.

When it rains, it pours.



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 689
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by SpectrumMagic » November 20th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Football is a dumpster fire right now. Whomever comes in will have some real work to try and fill out the roster



splintorb
Posts: 326
Joined: October 11th, 2014, 7:50 pm
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by splintorb » November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Aggieiester wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:05 pm
splintorb wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:00 pm
This suucks....we are going to lose A LOT I’m afraid...thanks Gary...
Just a thought but maybe trigger happy Hartwell should have waited until after the Air Force game to Let GA go and maybe you wouldn't have lost all of your good players.
I don’t agree



taniataylor
Posts: 2119
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by taniataylor » November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
USU78BLUERUFiO


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3754
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 1218 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by ineptimusprime » November 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
Also keep in mind that all of the karmic energy in the universe is dead set on destroying USU football. :lol:
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieArmy



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5897
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 1107 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
“You guys”

:cool2:
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
AngusAg



AggieUprising50
Posts: 798
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by AggieUprising50 » November 20th, 2020, 9:24 pm

This one hurts.

I understand we need to hire the right coach, but this is why we also need to hire one quickly. Players need to feel like we’re heading in the right direction or they’re going to split



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3754
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 1218 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by ineptimusprime » November 20th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
“You guys”

:cool2:
Was gonna say...we’re getting a “you guys” outta Tania?

Jordan about to peace out too?

And I wouldn’t blame him, honestly.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
OrangeCountyAggie



User avatar
aggieguy13
Posts: 1046
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by aggieguy13 » November 20th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Is this what it feels like to be a Ute basketball fan?
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 3):
Aggie19OrangeCountyAggieAggieArmy



Intermeddler
Posts: 2253
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 344 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Intermeddler » November 20th, 2020, 9:28 pm

If we make a good hire in the next couple weeks he can withdraw from the portal if the new coach persuades him.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6041
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 20th, 2020, 9:29 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
“You guys”

:cool2:
Was gonna say...we’re getting a “you guys” outta Tania?

Jordan about to peace out too?

And I wouldn’t blame him, honestly.
This is his senior year and he is just going be done after this year and not play anywhere.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 544 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by 2004AG » November 20th, 2020, 9:29 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:This one hurts.

I understand we need to hire the right coach, but this is why we also need to hire one quickly. Players need to feel like we’re heading in the right direction or they’re going to split
Tread lightly......


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
BLUERUFiO



taniataylor
Posts: 2119
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by taniataylor » November 20th, 2020, 9:30 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:29 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
“You guys”

:cool2:
Was gonna say...we’re getting a “you guys” outta Tania?

Jordan about to peace out too?

And I wouldn’t blame him, honestly.
This is his senior year and he is just going be done after this year and not play anywhere.
Uhhh... if you say so


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6041
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 20th, 2020, 9:33 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:26 pm
Is this what it feels like to be a Ute basketball fan?
It depends on if we have anyone who is the football equivalent of an AAU coach who can find players unhappy about a new coach being hired and hates the way practices are ran and get him to bail on his current school 2 days before the season, and then come here based on blind faith we would have a spot for him.



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 301
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 724 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by BustaMcNutt » November 20th, 2020, 9:36 pm

Tania, do you know of more on the way out?



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6041
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 20th, 2020, 9:38 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:30 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:29 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
“You guys”

:cool2:
Was gonna say...we’re getting a “you guys” outta Tania?

Jordan about to peace out too?

And I wouldn’t blame him, honestly.
This is his senior year and he is just going be done after this year and not play anywhere.
Uhhh... if you say so
It was the post in this thread I remember.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54743&p=661874#p661874



taniataylor
Posts: 2119
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1339 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by taniataylor » November 20th, 2020, 9:44 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:38 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:30 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:29 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:23 pm
taniataylor wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm
Keep in mind that the transfer situation is not a one way deal....you guys will have incoming transfers too
“You guys”

:cool2:
Was gonna say...we’re getting a “you guys” outta Tania?

Jordan about to peace out too?

And I wouldn’t blame him, honestly.
This is his senior year and he is just going be done after this year and not play anywhere.
Uhhh... if you say so
It was the post in this thread I remember.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54743&p=661874#p661874
Gotcha - it’s his Sr yr but he has 1 yr left of eligibility. Im workin on him guys. Bare with me. Im not sure what he’s feeling right now. Things look very grim for the team. Jordan really likes Coach Phillips and he knows with getting a new HC comes new position coaches etc.

DT needs to be closer to his children so now is a good time to make that happen
Last edited by taniataylor on November 21st, 2020, 12:18 am, edited 4 times in total.


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 15671
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 448 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by brownjeans » November 20th, 2020, 10:59 pm

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't care. It won't hurt is to lose guys that don't have their mind right. We need unity now. We need guys that want to play for each other.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7726
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 544 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by 2004AG » November 20th, 2020, 11:29 pm

brownjeans wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but I don't care. It won't hurt is to lose guys that don't have their mind right. We need unity now. We need guys that want to play for each other.
We also really need good players.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Aggieiester
Posts: 556
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Thompkins is transferring too

Post by Aggieiester » November 21st, 2020, 12:25 am

I don't know, but if you are going to fire a coach mid season, it would lead me to think that you would have your ducks in a row and be ready to hire a new coach pretty quick, you are bleeding players "John" what are you going to do?
These users thanked the author Aggieiester for the post:
oleblu111



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic