Doug Robinson Articles

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GA_Aggie
Posts: 52
Joined: March 1st, 2018, 10:49 am
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Doug Robinson Articles

Post by GA_Aggie » November 20th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Dear Doug,

While I appreciate being kicked while we’re down :sarcasm:... If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. Please just go back to writing about the Zoobs.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/11/ ... c-covid-19

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/11/ ... university
These users thanked the author GA_Aggie for the post (total 2):
USU78vegasaggie



oleblu111
Posts: 1819
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 890 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by oleblu111 » November 20th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Well he is a aggie.



Aggie19
Posts: 914
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 494 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by Aggie19 » November 20th, 2020, 6:08 pm

I was going to write that his stuff seems awful damned negative for an Aggie. Then I remembered the level of venomous toxicity that has happened after a bad loss over here (talking about me too). Maybe he's all Aggie. 😁
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
GA_AggieBustaMcNutt


Go Aggies!

Imakeitrain
Posts: 7548
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by Imakeitrain » November 20th, 2020, 8:09 pm

His articles are trash.

He did this one on Love.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/10/ ... ate-aggies


He acts like Love is a failure because he’s not starting in year 1.

I hope USU blacks out DesNews and refuses to call on any DesNews reporter in the future until the hit pieces stop. That should apply to everything. If the DesNews wants information from the school they should request it via whatever Utah’s FOIA is.

I’m not even calling for Robinson to be fired. Only because I feel guilty for being hard on Rhett Wilkinson- he’s human after all. But Robinson is a turd sammich and the DesNews has a history of this.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 3):
GA_Aggievegasaggieaggies22


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

Intermeddler
Posts: 2191
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 286 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by Intermeddler » November 20th, 2020, 9:29 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:09 pm
His articles are trash.

He did this one on Love.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/10/ ... ate-aggies


He acts like Love is a failure because he’s not starting in year 1.

I hope USU blacks out DesNews and refuses to call on any DesNews reporter in the future until the hit pieces stop. That should apply to everything. If the DesNews wants information from the school they should request it via whatever Utah’s FOIA is.

I’m not even calling for Robinson to be fired. Only because I feel guilty for being hard on Rhett Wilkinson- he’s human after all. But Robinson is a turd sammich and the DesNews has a history of this.
Mr Wilkinson was working at the Megaplex in Centerville last winter.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 7548
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by Imakeitrain » November 20th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:29 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:09 pm
His articles are trash.

He did this one on Love.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/10/ ... ate-aggies


He acts like Love is a failure because he’s not starting in year 1.

I hope USU blacks out DesNews and refuses to call on any DesNews reporter in the future until the hit pieces stop. That should apply to everything. If the DesNews wants information from the school they should request it via whatever Utah’s FOIA is.

I’m not even calling for Robinson to be fired. Only because I feel guilty for being hard on Rhett Wilkinson- he’s human after all. But Robinson is a turd sammich and the DesNews has a history of this.
Mr Wilkinson was working at the Megaplex in Centerville last winter.
Which is significantly better than where he was just a couple of years ago.


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2537
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 331 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by OKAggie » November 20th, 2020, 10:20 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 5:33 pm
Well he is a aggie.
He’s an alum. Not sure he considers himself in any way to be an Aggie. Sadly we have too many of those; happily we have many Aggies (including you and one of the founders of this site) that aren’t alums.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22AngusAg


Nobody here knows anything.

OrangeCountyAggie
Posts: 490
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » November 21st, 2020, 12:05 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 8:09 pm
His articles are trash.

He did this one on Love.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/10/ ... ate-aggies


He acts like Love is a failure because he’s not starting in year 1.

I hope USU blacks out DesNews and refuses to call on any DesNews reporter in the future until the hit pieces stop. That should apply to everything. If the DesNews wants information from the school they should request it via whatever Utah’s FOIA is.

I’m not even calling for Robinson to be fired. Only because I feel guilty for being hard on Rhett Wilkinson- he’s human after all. But Robinson is a turd sammich and the DesNews has a history of this.
I remember the athletic department denying access to KUTV a few years back after shi**y treatment like this. Seemd to work.



User avatar
Aggieiester
Posts: 526
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by Aggieiester » November 21st, 2020, 12:17 am

While Doug Robinson is an inflamed boil on the buttocks of the world, the problem is that USU seems to find a way of giving him material to work with.

But is is sad that so many good journalists got their walking papers at the Deseret news while that (I can't express myself without swearing) stain still draws a paycheck



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 6758
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 570 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 21st, 2020, 10:29 am

Robinson only shows his face when he has an opportunity to dog on USU.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

gomretat
Posts: 696
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by gomretat » November 21st, 2020, 2:39 pm

I actually like some the media who stir things up a bit but I am not a big fan of Robinson because he seems to only write when he can take a shot. That being said, everything he is saying is accurate so he is just doing his job.



WannabeAgAlum
Posts: 120
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 6:48 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by WannabeAgAlum » November 21st, 2020, 2:44 pm

OKAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 10:20 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 5:33 pm
Well he is a aggie.
He’s an alum. Not sure he considers himself in any way to be an Aggie. Sadly we have too many of those; happily we have many Aggies (including you and one of the founders of this site) that aren’t alums.
I wannabe an ag alum. I don't dare disclose where I got my undergrad degree.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9258
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2408 times
Been thanked: 758 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by USU78 » November 21st, 2020, 3:31 pm

gomretat wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 2:39 pm
I actually like some the media who stir things up a bit but I am not a big fan of Robinson because he seems to only write when he can take a shot. That being said, everything he is saying is accurate so he is just doing his job.
"Q: Is that true?
A: No, but it's accurate."


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Imakeitrain
Posts: 7548
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Doug Robinson Articles

Post by Imakeitrain » November 21st, 2020, 4:50 pm

He’s a columnist not an editorial writer. So no, he isn’t accurate. He’s editorializing. By not giving the proper context of certain things he’s also not accurate.

Accurate connotes precision- which inherently requires context. He lacks that.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
GA_Aggie


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic