No fans for New Mexico game either

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5938
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 315 times

No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 18th, 2020, 10:48 am

Just got a text from Cody with USU that the New Mexico game will as well be played without fans.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5938
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 18th, 2020, 10:53 am

I would have said earlier on that I would not be heartbroken if not allowing fans happened. I can't say I'm heartbroken, but maybe seeing us be more competitive and it making the difference we hope it does that our biggest locker room cancer is gone will make me consider it a bigger deal that we can't come.

A big understatement is we picked a good year to lose all our games!



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 6758
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 570 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 18th, 2020, 10:54 am

Kinda dumb. If you go with 25% capacity and spread people out they're no more likely to get the 'rona than by going to the grocery store.

It's 100% a liability move.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
BustaMcNutt


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
tysteve20
Posts: 302
Joined: August 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by tysteve20 » November 18th, 2020, 10:58 am

I’m guessing the weekly student testing has a large effect on it. There are 436 active cases on the Logan campus.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie84025
Posts: 3064
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1037 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by Aggie84025 » November 18th, 2020, 11:02 am

Bummer, I was looking forward to having thanksgiving dinner and then heading up to the game to hopefully see an aggie victory.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
BigVBAg



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11420
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 704 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by ViAggie » November 18th, 2020, 11:13 am

tysteve20 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 10:58 am
I’m guessing the weekly student testing has a large effect on it. There are 436 active cases on the Logan campus.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikes


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG
Posts: 513
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 8:17 am
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by tipitup » November 18th, 2020, 11:27 am

tysteve20 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 10:58 am
I’m guessing the weekly student testing has a large effect on it. There are 436 active cases on the Logan campus.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hey tysteve20 what does active mean? is it that they tested positive and are awaiting test to show they are done, or what? I say that cause i know a student that tested positive with loss of taste and nothing else, but will not be tested again until 90 days later, so is that considered an active case? you may not know that, i'm just wondering



User avatar
tysteve20
Posts: 302
Joined: August 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by tysteve20 » November 18th, 2020, 11:38 am

tipitup wrote:
tysteve20 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 10:58 am
I’m guessing the weekly student testing has a large effect on it. There are 436 active cases on the Logan campus.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hey tysteve20 what does active mean? is it that they tested positive and are awaiting test to show they are done, or what? I say that cause i know a student that tested positive with loss of taste and nothing else, but will not be tested again until 90 days later, so is that considered an active case? you may not know that, i'm just wondering
Active cases include those who tested positive within the last two weeks.

This is the definition from the official usu site.

https://www.usu.edu/covid-19/
IMG_1572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post:
tipitup



rAggie
Posts: 551
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Location: Logan, UT
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by rAggie » November 18th, 2020, 12:11 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 10:54 am
Kinda dumb. If you go with 25% capacity and spread people out they're no more likely to get the 'rona than by going to the grocery store.

It's 100% a liability move.
Well, there's also the optics of hosting a gathering with thousands of people during a pandemic that is raging out of control. It's a terrible look, a terrible example to set, and I'm thankful that USU is doing the right thing. You need to buy food. You don't need to watch a football game.



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 6758
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 570 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 18th, 2020, 12:23 pm

rAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 12:11 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 10:54 am
Kinda dumb. If you go with 25% capacity and spread people out they're no more likely to get the 'rona than by going to the grocery store.

It's 100% a liability move.
Well, there's also the optics of hosting a gathering with thousands of people during a pandemic that is raging out of control. It's a terrible look, a terrible example to set, and I'm thankful that USU is doing the right thing. You need to buy food. You don't need to watch a football game.
I'm less concerned about optics and more interested in actual levels of risk. We live in a world with risk, always have, always will. Decreasing it is important, but I'm not into pretending like we can or should strive for zero risk.

Why are we having any games at all? The optics on that certainly aren't great.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
bluegrouse


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7488
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by 2004AG » November 18th, 2020, 12:36 pm

I'm not into polices that are for "looks" and "appearances". I'm into policies that create solutions and actions.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggiebluegrouse



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7488
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by 2004AG » November 18th, 2020, 12:37 pm

Why are we having any games at all? The optics on that certainly aren't great.
Its not for lack of trying to get it all shut down.



oleblu111
Posts: 1819
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 890 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by oleblu111 » November 18th, 2020, 12:41 pm

rAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 12:11 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 10:54 am
Kinda dumb. If you go with 25% capacity and spread people out they're no more likely to get the 'rona than by going to the grocery store.

It's 100% a liability move.
Well, there's also the optics of hosting a gathering with thousands of people during a pandemic that is raging out of control. It's a terrible look, a terrible example to set, and I'm thankful that USU is doing the right thing. You need to buy food. You don't need to watch a football game.
Of course it is the right thing to do, people in Cache Valley were slow to wear protection and now we have this.
.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7488
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 484 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by 2004AG » November 18th, 2020, 1:02 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 12:41 pm
rAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 12:11 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 10:54 am
Kinda dumb. If you go with 25% capacity and spread people out they're no more likely to get the 'rona than by going to the grocery store.

It's 100% a liability move.
Well, there's also the optics of hosting a gathering with thousands of people during a pandemic that is raging out of control. It's a terrible look, a terrible example to set, and I'm thankful that USU is doing the right thing. You need to buy food. You don't need to watch a football game.
Of course it is the right thing to do, people in Cache Valley were slow to wear protection and now we have this.
.
Yeah, its just those idiots in Cache Valley. Nowhere else is experiences a spike.



User avatar
aggieguy13
Posts: 1016
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 186 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by aggieguy13 » November 18th, 2020, 1:07 pm

While we as a whole certainly need to take the virus more seriously, I would prefer that the policies put in place to achieve that end be based on science. A policy not allowing a reduced number of small groups of people to gather outdoors, appropriately distanced from other households, and all wearing masks is pretty objectively not based on science.
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 3):
3rdGenAggieBigVBAgbluegrouse



Aggie84025
Posts: 3064
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1037 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by Aggie84025 » November 18th, 2020, 1:26 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 1:07 pm
While we as a whole certainly need to take the virus more seriously, I would prefer that the policies put in place to achieve that end be based on science. A policy not allowing a reduced number of small groups of people to gather outdoors, appropriately distanced from other households, and all wearing masks is pretty objectively not based on science.
I agree, I could care less about optics. Is it safe or is not safe is the question in my opinion that needs to be answered. I feel like you can be spread out, wear masks, use lots of hand sanitizer and be safe. No one is ever is going to agree on everything, but having some fans in the stands that are being socially responsible is fine in my opinion. I realize there will be some people up in arms over my stance, but the beauty is everyone has their own opinion. I did not feel more unsafe at the SDSU game then I have at going to work everyday the last 9 months or going to the grocery store. I am under the opinion that you set forth clear safe guidelines and ensure they are followed and then you leave it up to the individuals to make the decision to attend or not.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5938
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: No fans for New Mexico game either

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 18th, 2020, 4:06 pm

Family members of players WILL BE allowed at this one though!
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
ProvoAggie



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic