Sideline shenanigans

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Elkaggie

Sideline shenanigans

Post by Elkaggie » November 14th, 2020, 7:39 pm

Can you read lips?
Attachments
trim.42D6B889-268E-4E5D-BBB1-867994133E19.MOV
JS sideline
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 947 times

ineptimusprime

Re: Sideline shenanigans

Post by ineptimusprime » November 14th, 2020, 7:42 pm

There was definitely a “f*** all of ‘em” at the end there.

Callin’ my shot — Shelley will either be dismissed from the team or have quit sometime in the next two weeks.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
PNW_AggieIdaAg93BLUERUFiOTheAKAggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 14th, 2020, 7:49 pm

At a minimum he should not play another snap this year.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
PNW_AggieIdaAg93

coolag

Post by coolag » November 14th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Good call Gary. What a dope.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 14th, 2020, 8:07 pm

There was more than this too.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:15 pm

I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion. But I don’t know shelley at all but I know as a 21 kid I did some things in the heat of the moment that I look back and have to roll my eyes at. I hope this board doesn’t pile on him too much from this incident. I would like to see another qb tried out but I think we should try to do better than piling on a kid who did something stupid in the heat of a frustrating moment (remember he lost gary this week and their has been nothing good for him this season, probably pretty frustrated etc.). Just my 2 cents.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
RockyMountainHigh

ArizonaAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by ArizonaAggie » November 14th, 2020, 8:17 pm

slcagg wrote:I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion. But I don’t know shelley at all but I know as a 21 kid I did some things in the heat of the moment that I look back and have to roll my eyes at. I hope this board doesn’t pile on him too much from this incident. I would like to see another qb tried out but I think we should try to do better than piling on a kid who did something stupid in the heat of a frustrating moment (remember he lost gary this week and their has been nothing good for him this season, probably pretty frustrated etc.). Just my 2 cents.
I agree. I've been hard on him today. However, he does need to fix his attitude and be a better teammate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author ArizonaAggie for the post:
IdaAg93

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 14th, 2020, 8:21 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:15 pm
I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion. But I don’t know shelley at all but I know as a 21 kid I did some things in the heat of the moment that I look back and have to roll my eyes at. I hope this board doesn’t pile on him too much from this incident. I would like to see another qb tried out but I think we should try to do better than piling on a kid who did something stupid in the heat of a frustrating moment (remember he lost gary this week and their has been nothing good for him this season, probably pretty frustrated etc.). Just my 2 cents.
I understand your point - however there is more to it than just tonight. To be a QB you need to be disciplined enough to suck it up in public and vent in private. You should not tell your teammates F you... or blame them for things that go wrong....Every player and coach is frustrated Im sure, but he made a spectacle of himself tonight and disrespected his coaches and whomever was on the other side of that headset. He’s bringing heat on himself
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 3):
MrBiggleIdaAg93PNW_Aggie

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:21 pm

ArizonaAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:17 pm
slcagg wrote:I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion. But I don’t know shelley at all but I know as a 21 kid I did some things in the heat of the moment that I look back and have to roll my eyes at. I hope this board doesn’t pile on him too much from this incident. I would like to see another qb tried out but I think we should try to do better than piling on a kid who did something stupid in the heat of a frustrating moment (remember he lost gary this week and their has been nothing good for him this season, probably pretty frustrated etc.). Just my 2 cents.
I agree. I've been hard on him today. However, he does need to fix his attitude and be a better teammate.

I agree 100 percent. I have no idea how he really is as a teammate but this one case shouldn’t be our only judgement. Hopefully he learns from it and works it out with his teammates and coaches. Regardless if he is or isn’t our future qb I still wish the best for him. Remember his grandfather is an aggie and was pretty pumped to have him come to Logan.

stang

Post by stang » November 14th, 2020, 8:22 pm

slcagg wrote:
Agreed, in a way. I think that he's become the punching bag for board members to take their frustration out on, and it totally makes sense. He comes in as "Gary's guy", subsequently squeezes Colombi out, plays absolutely dreadful football for four-straight weeks, and has attitude problems. But you're right, he's a 21 year old kid and as bad as I think he's been, I also get the frustration. Why tf are we using him as a pocket passer? I'm sure this experience hasn't been what he was hoping for either, and though a lot of it is his fault, this team has so many other issues as well.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:23 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:21 pm
slcagg wrote:
I understand your point - however there is more to it than just tonight. To be a QB you need to be disciplined enough to suck it up in public and vent in private. You should not tell your teammates F you... or blame them for things that go wrong....Every player and coach is frustrated Im sure, but he made a spectacle of himself tonight and disrespected his coaches and whomever was on the other side of that headset. He’s bringing heat on himself
Totally agree. I’m not saying he should be let off the hook for his actions. Consequences to our actions right. Just don’t think it should be what we decide to define him as. I’m sure he is a good kid in a lot of ways. And made a huge mistake in his actions tonight.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:25 pm

stang wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:22 pm
slcagg wrote:
Agreed, in a way. I think that he's become the punching bag for board members to take their frustration out on, and it totally makes sense. He comes in as "Gary's guy", subsequently squeezes Colombi out, plays absolutely dreadful football for four-straight weeks, and has attitude problems. But you're right, he's a 21 year old kid and as bad as I think he's been, I also get the frustration. Why tf are we using him as a pocket passer? I'm sure this experience hasn't been what he was hoping for either, and though a lot of it is his fault, this team has so many other issues as well.
Agreed stang. Really just a poor situation for everyone right now. I feel for the guys on the team. But he needs to step up and not let that happen again. Frank needs to be talking with Him and I’m sure he is.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 14th, 2020, 8:28 pm

It really is just sad how bad things have turned for the program. 2 years ago at this time we are ranked in the top 20 and rolling and now we'll be lucky to win one game this year and probably won't even do that. On top of that it doesn't look too promising for the future.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 14th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Look I hope he does well in his personal life- but we cant afford to turn the rest of the season into a therapy session for him. It's not fair to our fans, it's not fair to the school and most importantly it's not fair to the guys currently on the team. It's not even fair to Shelley. Let him go.

Let him transfer back to Utah where he might be happier. We aren't a good environment for him, and he isn't good for us. Utah very well could take him back.

It's also not wrong for fans to be disgusted at how our school was represented today- or to be upset about how players and coaches were treated.

Shelley clearly has a lot of growing to do, and a bit of humble pie by letting him go will be one of the best things to ever happen to him.

“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:32 pm
Look I hope he does well in his personal life- but we cant afford to turn the rest of the season into a therapy session for him. It's not fair to our fans, it's not fair to the school and most importantly it's not fair to the guys currently on the team. It's not even fair to Shelley. Let him go.

Let him transfer back to Utah where he might be happier. We aren't a good environment for him, and he isn't good for us. Utah very well could take him back.

It's also not wrong for fans to be disgusted at how our school was represented today- or to be upset about how players and coaches were treated.

Shelley clearly has a lot of growing to do, and a bit of humble pie by letting him go will be one of the best things to ever happen to him.
Those comments are spot on. Look we all make mistakes but at the same time he's an adult and he needs to live up to those mistakes. We don't deserve that kind of reaction and behavior in our program on our bench.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

Those comments are spot on. Look we all make mistakes but at the same time he's an adult and he needs to live up to those mistakes. We don't deserve that kind of reaction and behavior in our program on our bench.
Fair enough. Consequences should be had. I stated as much. What would you suggest his consequences be? I’ve seen players do similar things in the past and I don’t know if ever seen them cut from the program.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 14th, 2020, 8:41 pm

We know from at least one parent he is NOT a good teammate. I am sure there are more. He certainly doesn’t appear to be a good teammate. I have seen enough of this type of attitude to know I don’t want him near the team. There was much more than just this. Go watch. It was embarrassing.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 14th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Yeah, no question he is just a 21 year old guy with a lot of growing up to do. I wasn’t suggesting he should get kicked off the team just for this single instance of spouting off, I just think the writing is already on the wall that this isn’t working for anyone. This kind of stuff is just a symptom of a dysfunctional and unsalvageable relationship. His play and attitude aren’t helping USU, and USU doesn’t seem to be a good fit for him either.

I’m standing by my prediction that he won’t be on the team in two weeks.

ArizonaAggie

Post by ArizonaAggie » November 14th, 2020, 8:44 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:Yeah, no question he is just a 21 year old guy with a lot of growing up to do. I wasn’t suggesting he should get kicked off the team just for this single instance of spouting off, I just think the writing is already on the wall that this isn’t working for anyone. This kind of stuff is just a symptom of a dysfunctional and unsalvageable relationship. His play and attitude aren’t helping USU, and USU doesn’t seem to be a good fit for him either.

That would be Christmas in November or at least a friend's birthday with an unexpected white elephant gift.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 14th, 2020, 8:46 pm

I get that everyone is angry. We should be. But this is really not on Shelley. Its squarely on the shoulders of Gary Andersen. He's the one that went and got him. He's the one that drove Colombi away. He's the one that tanked our program. He's the one that put Shelley in this spot where he's clearly in over his head. Shelley is not the answer but he is also not the guy to vent all of our anger at. If that video is the extent of what happened on the sideline, then it was nothing. By reading the posts on here, it sounded like he murdered someone or something.

Very sad that Andersen took us all the way to #16 in the country and has now taken us back to where we were before he got here the first time.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 3):
aggieguy13GUS3rdGenAggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:47 pm

ArizonaAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:44 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:Yeah, no question he is just a 21 year old guy with a lot of growing up to do. I wasn’t suggesting he should get kicked off the team just for this single instance of spouting off, I just think the writing is already on the wall that this isn’t working for anyone. This kind of stuff is just a symptom of a dysfunctional and unsalvageable relationship. His play and attitude aren’t helping USU, and USU doesn’t seem to be a good fit for him either.

That would be Christmas in November or at least a friend's birthday with an unexpected white elephant gift.

Haha. You know what will be Christmas in November? Watching aggie basketball in two weeks!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 14th, 2020, 8:48 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:38 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Fair enough. Consequences should be had. I stated as much. What would you suggest his consequences be? I’ve seen players do similar things in the past and I don’t know if ever seen them cut from the program.
I would put him on the bench and let him learn from his mistake, but he would not take another snap as QB this year.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:50 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:48 pm
slcagg wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

I would put him on the bench and let him learn from his mistake, but he would not take another snap as QB this year.
Yeah. But he wouldn’t get another snap at qb because we should work on developing a young guy.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 14th, 2020, 8:50 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:46 pm
I get that everyone is angry. We should be. But this is really not on Shelley. Its squarely on the shoulders of Gary Andersen. He's the one that went and got him. He's the one that drove Colombi away. He's the one that tanked our program. He's the one that put Shelley in this spot where he's clearly in over his head. Shelley is not the answer but he is also not the guy to vent all of our anger at. If that video is the extent of what happened on the sideline, then it was nothing. By reading the posts on here, it sounded like he murdered someone or something.

Very sad that Andersen took us all the way to #16 in the country and has now taken us back to where we were before he got here the first time.
This is 100% true. This is on Gary. Had things been as they should have been with Gary never re-entering the picture we would be in year 2 of Jay Hill with Henry Colombi as our QB and likely not near where we are now.

And Shelley would have transferred to the Colorado School of Mines or Montana Tech if he wanted to play QB.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on November 14th, 2020, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
IdaAg93

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2020, 8:51 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Yeah I would agree with sitting him for a time due to those actions. But he shouldnt get another snap at qb because we should work on developing a young guy imo.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 14th, 2020, 8:52 pm

:wtf: aa1
slcagg wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:50 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Yeah. But he wouldn’t get another snap at qb because we should work on developing a young guy.
Aside from his attitude i would never give him another snap at qb just based on he is not an fbs starting QB.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 14th, 2020, 8:54 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:51 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Yeah I would agree with sitting him for a time due to those actions. But he shouldnt get another snap at qb because we should work on developing a young guy imo.
Yep. On field performance and lack of upside are the real reasons he should be benched in favor of someone else, not sideline shenanigans.

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » November 14th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Blue Grouse - Nice point. I read an article out of Corvalis - a place where Gary is universally loathed - gave a good albeit perhaps biased analysis of how GA has built his career on ruining QB situations - references Wisconsin, Oregon State, and Utah State. I looked but can't seem to find the link to post. He clearly contributed to making a number one draft pick look like a second or third rounder last year. And despite Chuckie's serious injuries GA I believe also contributed to Chuckie's post-injury decline. This really does rest entirely on Gary's shoulders. No dumping on any one here not FM not BR not JS . I feel sorry for the players who are all victims of GA's personality disturbance, fraudulent presentation, and compromised intellect/judgement. His COVID comment of players not opting out really was his undoing and almost as stupid as bringing in JS to Logan.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 14th, 2020, 9:04 pm

stang wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 8:22 pm
slcagg wrote:
Yeah Shelley has been the scapegoat and the punching bag for the year which isn't completely fair. I want him benched, but we have a lot more problems than just Shelley. Even shelley, Gary is more responsible than anyone for the debacle. We had a guy waiting in the wings many of us had been anticipating for years now and Shelley has to deal with that "what if" on top of his own poor performance and not exactly being surrounded by the 2007 patriots. His antics today certainly arent going to help him gain sympathy though.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 14th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 9:00 pm
Blue Grouse - Nice point. I read an article out of Corvalis - a place where Gary is universally loathed - gave a good albeit perhaps biased analysis of how GA has built his career on ruining QB situations - references Wisconsin, Oregon State, and Utah State. I looked but can't seem to find the link to post. He clearly contributed to making a number one draft pick look like a second or third rounder last year. And despite Chuckie's serious injuries GA I believe also contributed to Chuckie's post-injury decline. This really does rest entirely on Gary's shoulders. No dumping on any one here not FM not BR not JS . I feel sorry for the players who are all victims of GA's personality disturbance, fraudulent presentation, and compromised intellect/judgement. His COVID comment of players not opting out really was his undoing and almost as stupid as bringing in JS to Logan.
I'm no Gary fan, but how is he to blame for chuckies post injury decline?

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 14th, 2020, 9:10 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Mediocre at Best wrote:
Plus one. The injury and him being brought back too soon was too blame for his decline, not Gary who was gone by then.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 14th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Mediocre at Best wrote:
I blame the helmet to the knee in the Utah game ... That is when he changed

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » November 14th, 2020, 9:22 pm

Game FAQ Ooops my mistake. Wells was the coach. Good pick up.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 14th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Another quarterback declining that could be blamed on Gary 2.0 was Darell Garretson, who was good when he was here then sucked at Oregon State.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 14th, 2020, 9:52 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 9:28 pm
Another quarterback declining that could be blamed on Gary 2.0 was Darell Garretson, who was good when he was here then sucked at Oregon State.
Borel also regressed. His junior year he was pretty good. His senior year not so much. To be fair the 2010 team had a ton of injuries.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic