News conference ?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: News conference ?

Post by brownjeans » November 10th, 2020, 5:30 pm

2004AG wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 2:46 pm
brownjeans wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 1:28 pm
Even if it means a bad recruiting year...
Getting the right coach > getting a coach quickly.
Repeating this over and over again doesn't make the two mutually exclusive. How about we hire the right coach and do in relatively quickly??
Not mutually exclusive, just prioritized correctly.
Things at play: time, quality, cost. If price was no object, we could get quality fast (pay saban $1B). But we have a limit on cost. It takes time to maximize quality for our budget. Go faster and you'll sacrifice quality or you'll pay more money.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » November 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 2:16 pm
brownjeans wrote:
Some of that is alleviated as well since eligibility is not lost.
Could this play to our advantage? Since everyone's eligibility is preserved, does that mean more recruits are available?

Aggies All the Way!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 10th, 2020, 9:56 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Could this play to our advantage? Since everyone's eligibility is preserved, does that mean more recruits are available?
Yeah probably. But their is still a pecking order on that. I follow Alabama recruiting though and they are at 25 recruits or so. I’m not sure how it works.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » November 10th, 2020, 10:27 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 9:56 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Yeah probably. But their is still a pecking order on that. I follow Alabama recruiting though and they are at 25 recruits or so. I’m not sure how it works.
Definitely a pecking order, I'm not expecting some 5 star, top 25 recruit to fall in our lap. But maybe a high 3 star that was promised playing time at a place like iowa state suddenly sees that the linebacker that was supposed to be graduating is sticking around? That might get him to start looking. Just a thought, I have no information whatsoever.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
slcagg

Aggies All the Way!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 11th, 2020, 8:05 am

dirtnsnow wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 10:27 pm
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Definitely a pecking order, I'm not expecting some 5 star, top 25 recruit to fall in our lap. But maybe a high 3 star that was promised playing time at a place like iowa state suddenly sees that the linebacker that was supposed to be graduating is sticking around? That might get him to start looking. Just a thought, I have no information whatsoever.
Think it is something that could happen for sure. It's a great point.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 11th, 2020, 9:54 am

slcagg wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 8:05 am
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Here is the issue we are facing. With the number of push forwards, transfers, and grad transfers that we put on scholarship in August, along with the greyshirting return missionaries, and then add in our current high school verbal commitments and the number of spots we have remaining for the class of 2021 is in the SINGLE digits. As in closer to 5 than 10 left. I expect many of these to likely be spent on transfers, especially LBs and WRs.

I think you'll see many of the senior defensive lineman return for the 2021 season.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » November 11th, 2020, 9:57 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 9:54 am
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Here is the issue we are facing. With the number of push forwards, transfers, and grad transfers that we put on scholarship in August, along with the greyshirting return missionaries, and then add in our current high school verbal commitments and the number of spots we have remaining for the class of 2021 is in the SINGLE digits. As in closer to 5 than 10 left. I expect many of these to likely be spent on transfers, especially LBs and WRs.

I think you'll see many of the senior defensive lineman return for the 2021 season.
It just feels like we've lost so many kids who have either "moved on" or are "no longer on the roster."
Do some of those kids come back now that Gary is gone?

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » November 11th, 2020, 11:40 am

Sl7vk wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 9:57 am
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:

It just feels like we've lost so many kids who have either "moved on" or are "no longer on the roster."
That's what I'm thinking, too. I think if a new coach came along and saw some athlete that could easily start for us and showed interest, some kids might get counseled out, so to speak.

Aggies All the Way!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 11th, 2020, 2:44 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 11:40 am
Sl7vk wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:

That's what I'm thinking, too. I think if a new coach came along and saw some athlete that could easily start for us and showed interest, some kids might get counseled out, so to speak.
Unfortunately, because of the NCAA's legislation in regards to covid, it's going to be difficult to "counsel" anyone out after this season.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » November 11th, 2020, 3:15 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 2:44 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
November 11th, 2020, 11:40 am
Sl7vk wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
slcagg wrote:
brownjeans wrote:

Unfortunately, because of the NCAA's legislation in regards to covid, it's going to be difficult to "counsel" anyone out after this season.
Yes but haven't a lot of guys just up and left the program? Do we think they will come back? I'm thinking of guys like Keegan Duncan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic