New COVID restrictions

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TrueBlueAggie123

New COVID restrictions

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » November 8th, 2020, 10:17 pm

With the new restrictions Governor Hebert just put in place tonight, how likely is USU to still have fans at the games? I know he said gathering with people other then family is not allowed, but not sure if that applies to football games. Honestly wouldn’t be too devastated considering how this year is playing out.

rAggie

Re: New COVID restrictions

Post by rAggie » November 8th, 2020, 10:18 pm

I sure hope that it results in keeping fans out for the sake of helping the state take this matter seriously. As someone with friends and family who work in hospitals in the state...things are getting bad, and it isn't so much there won't be enough beds (though we're getting to the danger zone in that area) ... as one of the state doctors said... "Beds don't treat people."

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 8th, 2020, 10:26 pm

Hopefully they at least allow the families of players to go.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » November 9th, 2020, 6:17 am

rAggie wrote:I sure hope that it results in keeping fans out for the sake of helping the state take this matter seriously. As someone with friends and family who work in hospitals in the state...things are getting bad, and it isn't so much there won't be enough beds (though we're getting to the danger zone in that area) ... as one of the state doctors said... "Beds don't treat people."
Agreed. Apparently it has to get apocalyptic before Utah will take it seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 9th, 2020, 6:20 am

The risk of spreading the disease is higher at usu football games than any other game due to the team's performance making fans vomit in disgust.

These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 6):
LarryTheAggieBLUERUFiONVAggiesockpuppetsam tingeyTrueBlueFan

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 9th, 2020, 7:46 am

Great news on the vaccine.

These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » November 9th, 2020, 8:59 am

slcagg wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 7:46 am

Take your political BS over to the sandbox please. I watched a guy just over 30 die from Covid yesterday. I’m not in the mood for some dumb (I can't express myself without swearing) to spread this kind of (I can't express myself without swearing) right now. Eff U.
These users thanked the author Dwigt for the post (total 5):
sockpuppetsam tingeyAggieBluesaceofspadeskbGaAggie

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 9th, 2020, 9:06 am

Dwigt wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 8:59 am
slcagg wrote:

Take your political BS over to the sandbox please. I watched a guy just over 30 die from Covid yesterday. I’m not in the mood for some dumb (I can't express myself without swearing) to spread this kind of (I can't express myself without swearing) right now. Eff U.
You can take your personal attacks elsewhere as well. I in no way attacked you or your loved ones.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
MrBiggle

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » November 9th, 2020, 9:41 am

slcagg wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 9:06 am
Dwigt wrote:
slcagg wrote:

You can take your personal attacks elsewhere as well. I in no way attacked you or your loved ones.
I wasn’t saying you were attacking me or my loved ones, nor did I say the person that died was in my family. I’m upset with you because you are insinuating that a global pandemic is a political scheme. If you want to believe it is fake, take it to the sandbox.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 9th, 2020, 9:49 am

Dwigt wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 9:41 am
I wasn’t saying you were attacking me or my loved ones, nor did I say the person that died was in my family. I’m upset with you because you are insinuating that a global pandemic is a political scheme. If you want to believe it is fake, take it to the sandbox.
Seems like a post that there's a vaccine - in a post about COVID. Seems relevant, no? How do you know he was insinuating anything more? Could it be that you inferred something that was not insinuated?
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleAZ4AggieNation

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » November 9th, 2020, 9:53 am

brownjeans wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 9:49 am
Dwigt wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 9:41 am
Seems like a post that there's a vaccine - in a post about COVID. Seems relevant, no? How do you know he was insinuating anything more? Could it be that you inferred something that was not insinuated?
I read the whole thing, particularly the quote “amazing it comes out six days after the election.”

There was a reason I was taking a break from this place outside of picking winners of games.

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » November 9th, 2020, 10:04 am

Regardless if anyone wants to discuss this with me just PM me. I won’t go to the sandbox but this forum is not the place to talk about it.

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » November 9th, 2020, 10:33 am

Congratulations to the Governor for making the right choice under a lot of political pressure to do otherwise. Masking, social distancing, and washing hands all are evidence-based practices that will help slow the spread.

From the Governor's press release, it appears as though Saturday's game will not be affected by changes:
SALT LAKE CITY (Nov. 8, 2020) - Following weeks of continued stress on Utah’s hospital networks due to a rise in cases of COVID-19, Gov. Gary R. Herbert has declared a new State of Emergency to address hospital overcrowding.

Pursuant to the State of Emergency, the governor and Utah Department of Health have issued concurrent executive and public health orders designed to curb the surge of cases in Utah.

Both orders are effective Monday, Nov. 9 and will remain in effect until Nov. 23, 2020. The orders:

1. Place the entire state under a mask mandate. Under this requirement, all Utahns must wear masks in public, and when within six feet of anyone they don’t live with. This mandate is also enforceable in business settings, which must require employees to wear masks, promote patrons to wear masks, and post signage to that effect. Businesses that fail to do so will be subject to fines. Please note that even after the orders issued today expire, the mask mandate will be extended for the foreseeable future.

2. Limit casual social gatherings to household-only until November 23, 2020.

3. Put all extracurricular activities, including athletic and intramural events, on hold for the duration of the order.
a. This does not limit intercollegiate athletic events, or practices and games associated with high school championships, that follow instructions for testing and limiting crowd size, as detailed in the order.

4. Beginning as soon as possible, but no later than January 1, 2021, students enrolled at public and private institutions of higher education, who either live on campus or attend at least one in-person class per week will be required to be tested for COVID-19 weekly.

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 9th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Dwigt wrote:
slcagg wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 9:06 am
Dwigt wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Absolutely. No need to bring politically driven articles like that to this forum. Other than to stir the pot of course.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » November 9th, 2020, 12:11 pm

I found it odd last night to hear that Gov. Herbert was exempting collegiate athletics, etc. Not my call; but why not just restrict everything if things are this bad, which they clearly are?
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
sam tingey

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » November 9th, 2020, 12:17 pm

newhouse9 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 12:11 pm
I found it odd last night to hear that Gov. Herbert was exempting collegiate athletics, etc. Not my call; but why not just restrict everything if things are this bad, which they clearly are?
Why not shut the state down? It seems a mask mandate is just an attempt at appeasement. If the problem in Utah is as bad as people are saying, why not do everything in your power to stop it? A mask mandate is nice and all, but ordering people to stay at home is much more effective, isn't it?

Eutaw St. Aggie

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 9th, 2020, 12:24 pm

The fans are already required to wear masks and social distance at the games. IMO nothing should change there. I can't speak for everyone that went to SDSU game but my section seemed to keep their masks on the entire game. If anything they will just need to make sure it's strictly enforced.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » November 9th, 2020, 12:31 pm

I really don't know. Doesn't seem like much of anything has worked well. I just wear my mask when I go out and try to limit the whole going out part. That's just what I choose to do. I just thought that in the context of what Gov. Herbert was saying, it seems odd that he exempted these other large gatherings. Maybe because they are outside?

I worry about basketball...I want to attend the games if allowed to, but it also makes me nervous to do so!

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 9th, 2020, 1:24 pm

newhouse9 wrote:
He said that college athletic conferences already have COViD protocols in place for the players. The fans are separated by households and masks. There wasn’t anyone near me last game.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 9th, 2020, 1:26 pm

newhouse9 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 12:31 pm
I really don't know. Doesn't seem like much of anything has worked well. I just wear my mask when I go out and try to limit the whole going out part. That's just what I choose to do. I just thought that in the context of what Gov. Herbert was saying, it seems odd that he exempted these other large gatherings. Maybe because they are outside?

I worry about basketball...I want to attend the games if allowed to, but it also makes me nervous to do so!
Yeah, basketball is a different animal because it’s in an enclosed space. Won’t be surprised if no fans are allowed.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 9th, 2020, 1:55 pm

I was on the fence about going to the game on Saturday. I can’t remember any other time in my life that I considered just not going to a home football game. But since Hartwell stepped in, I now feel sort of obligated to get out there and support the team and the program. Now I’ve just gotta find three people that want to go with me. (I’m a household of one and can’t afford to buy 4 tickets for myself just to get in. That’s not a complaint BTW. I understand why it is that way.. just stating the facts.)
Last edited by bluegrouse on November 9th, 2020, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » November 9th, 2020, 1:56 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 1:24 pm
newhouse9 wrote:
He said that college athletic conferences already have COViD protocols in place for the players. The fans are separated by households and masks. There wasn’t anyone near me last game.
I don't think fans are necessarily separated by household. I bought my "pod" of tickets, and distributed those tickets among 3 different households. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » November 9th, 2020, 2:28 pm

You can buy pods of two tickets.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
bluegrouse

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » November 9th, 2020, 3:49 pm

I never felt at risk the entire time last game. The closest interaction I had to anyone was when they took my ticket.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » November 9th, 2020, 4:01 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 1:24 pm
newhouse9 wrote:
That's a good point...I do remember him saying that. Thanks for the reminder.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm

So, Jordan had the flu last game. He tested negative for COVID just before and has been tested 3 times since the game and has tested negative each time. I say all that to say that USU is doing a very good job of making sure that protocols are followed and precautions are in place

That said....see yall Saturday - and the boy will return to starting slot where he belongs
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
newtonianblue

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 9th, 2020, 4:29 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm
So, Jordan had the flu last game. He tested negative for COVID just before and has been tested 3 times since the game and has tested negative each time. I say all that to say that USU is doing a very good job of making sure that protocols are followed and precautions are in place

That said....see yall Saturday - and the boy will return to starting slot where he belongs
That is awesome news with him going to the slot. Especially since he is looking at NFL opportunities. He has been a tremendous slot guy for the Aggies. Now if they can figure out a qb who can see him and give him a chance to make a big play...
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
taniataylor

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 9th, 2020, 7:20 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm

You are correct Tania they are doing a great job taking care of the players and staff. As far as having fans at the game I don't believe anyone that is being honest can tell say they felt less safe going to the SDSU game than going inside a gas station, restaurant, grocery store or work for that matter. They did an excellent job spreading people out, having people wear masks and making hand sanitizer readily available. The team and program need our support. Even if you can't go just purchasing a couple of tickets makes a difference or donate $30-40 to aggies unlimited if you can't go.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
taniataylor

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 9th, 2020, 8:58 pm

I'll be impressed with our fanbase if we get 5,500 at all our remaining games.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
ProvoAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic