Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
JonnyCienPesos

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 9th, 2020, 10:11 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 8:43 am
We all feel that something stinks. Many on this board know the origins of the stink. It is very tight-lipped. I don't think anyone is going to talk. If anyone wants to dig into police records then let us know what you find.
Incidents that could involve the team, that were USUPD incidents, going from most recent to longer.
1. Criminal Mischief at Central Suites on November 4
2. Fraud at Aggie Village the afternoon of the SDSU game(Maybe one of the married players)
3. Criminal Mischief at the Natural Resources Building on October 28
4. Threats on October 23. This was the day that the team would be bussing up to Boise, but maybe it happened earlier and was reported that day.
5. A fraud on October 21.
6. A controlled substance arrest on October 16 at the LLC where the freshmen live.
7. Theft at the Distance Education Building on October 16
8. A hit and run at the parking terrace on October 15
9. A controlled substance arrest at the Water Lab on October 14
10. Theft at the Industrial Science Building on October 12
11. Criminal mischief at the Vet Science Building on October 10
12. A theft in a parking lot on October 7
13. A hit and run at Aggie Village from October 7-9
14. A sex offense at Central Suites on October 3
15. Threats on September 28
16. Reckless endangerment at Stadium Drive on September 12
This is an incredibly reckless and stupid post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 2):
oleblu111aggies22

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 9th, 2020, 10:21 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 9:16 am
NVAggie wrote:
We all feel that something stinks. Many on this board know the origins of the stink. It is very tight-lipped. I don't think anyone is going to talk. If anyone wants to dig into police records then let us know what you find.
Incidents that could involve the team, that were USUPD incidents, going from most recent to longer.
2. Fraud at Aggie Village the afternoon of the SDSU game(Maybe one of the married players)
4. Threats on October 23. This was the day that the team would be bussing up to Boise, but maybe it happened earlier and was reported that day.
6. A controlled substance arrest on October 16 at the LLC where the freshmen live.
I think the Logan Campus has something like 17,000 students. I don't believe the football team is any more likely to be involved in something illegal than the average student (and in fact is probably less likely). As such, there is probably well less than a 1% chance that any specific one of these involved a football player.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » November 9th, 2020, 10:45 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 10:21 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 9:16 am
NVAggie wrote:
I think the Logan Campus has something like 17,000 students. I don't believe the football team is any more likely to be involved in something illegal than the average student (and in fact is probably less likely). As such, there is probably well less than a 1% chance that any specific one of these involved a football player.
Correct.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
aggies22

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » November 9th, 2020, 11:21 am

I get the impression, and I have to emphasize that it is just an impression, that the reason behind Gary's termination is not going to be found in any police reports.

I do also agree, that as a high profile, highly paid, public employee, if he was fired for cause, the public should know the reasons behind it. At least a general reason.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 9th, 2020, 11:41 am

One of my concerns is that a potential coach may wonder why we fired him a year and a half into his tenure when he had a winning record and went to a bowl game last year. I hope at least potential candidates are informed if it was for cause.

And I agree, as a high-profile public employee, whose salary is at least in part paid for with public dollars, we should at least know whether he was fired for cause, and a general idea of what happened.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 9th, 2020, 11:42 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 10:11 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
This is an incredibly reckless and stupid post.
Until/unless Ahbye tells us it's incredibly reckless and stupid, I simply note these things and move on. I have no way of knowing if this is typical or if it's extraordinarily high even if all of the above offenses are proveable and were committed by FB players.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 9th, 2020, 11:45 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 11:21 am
I get the impression, and I have to emphasize that it is just an impression, that the reason behind Gary's termination is not going to be found in any police reports.
Agreed.
swordsman1989 wrote:
I do also agree, that as a high profile, highly paid, public employee, if he was fired for cause, the public should know the reasons behind it. At least a general reason.
NDAs are enforceable even if the employer is a public institution.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 9th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 11:41 am
One of my concerns is that a potential coach may wonder why we fired him a year and a half into his tenure when he had a winning record and went to a bowl game last year. I hope at least potential candidates are informed if it was for cause.

And I agree, as a high-profile public employee, whose salary is at least in part paid for with public dollars, we should at least know whether he was fired for cause, and a general idea of what happened.
I imagine all potential candidates will understand his firing was about more than wins and losses and this won't scare anyone away.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 9th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 12:04 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 11:41 am

I imagine all potential candidates will understand his firing was about more than wins and losses and this won't scare anyone away.
How often does a coach take over a team that goes 11-2 and ranked, and take a nosedive the way did? Candidates expect that a coach would be fired for that.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
GrandPoubah

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 9th, 2020, 3:26 pm

swordsman1989 wrote:

Public institutions, employees, and elected officials have no obligation to publicize dirty laundry - but if a member of the public files the proper paperwork said member of the public may find something interesting - or maybe not.
Last edited by brownjeans on November 9th, 2020, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
BLUERUFiO

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 9th, 2020, 3:29 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 3:26 pm
swordsman1989 wrote:

The university has no obligation to air it's dirty laundry - but if a member of the public files the proper paperwork they are required to provide the information.
If the Trib weren't drowning under the weight of their own decisions (and readership's move to online, of course) they might have someone interested in chasing that lead.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
CastIronAggie

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

stang

Post by stang » November 9th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:One of my concerns is that a potential coach may wonder why we fired him a year and a half into his tenure when he had a winning record and went to a bowl game last year. I hope at least potential candidates are informed if it was for cause.

I think under normal circumstances I would agree with you. With the weird circumstances in this case (Being a “mutual” split, Gary’s history, etc.) I don’t see that making much of a difference in the coaching search. It should be pretty easy for any potential coach to see that there was far more to this than three bad games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic