Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg
Posts: 6347
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1361 times
Been thanked: 1082 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by slcagg » November 7th, 2020, 11:16 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:14 am
Full wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:09 am
All those clamoring for Jay Hill just sit back and watch John Hartwell go to work. There should be very little turnover in coaching, and we’ll have one of the few openings. He can take his time and find the right guy. I trust him more than I hiring Jay Hill.
This is exactly right. I love Jay Hill and think he would do a great job but quite frankly there's not going to be a lot of job openings this year and so maybe you might get a chance at an up-and-coming coordinator or other coach that you may not have gotten to take a look at based on the number of openings. One thing is for certain Hartwell needs to be the man making this decision I realized boosters will have some sort of say but he hired a great coach and Coach Smith we should let him have the full range to do his job.

Lastly I just want to thank coach Anderson for what he did for our program he did so much the first time around growing that program and getting it turned around I will always be grateful for him. This time around obviously has been bad but I do respect Gary, yes people say he is a quitter and while that may be true sometimes you know yourself well enough and you know when to walk away.
Thank you for putting it this way. This is how I prefer to put it.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5704
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 474 times
Been thanked: 953 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 7th, 2020, 11:16 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? **********************, Roy is just a cut above.
You’re the one who spouted off that all those who saw real problems were idiots.
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on November 7th, 2020, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.



taniataylor
Posts: 2114
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 1327 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by taniataylor » November 7th, 2020, 11:17 am

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:11 am
taniataylor wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:55 am
I wonder how the players are reacting to this. I hope GA got a chance to tell them before the news broke.
Shocked among other things.
Dang. How are they feeling? Sad, happy, disappointed?
Not any of those things


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2831
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:17 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:14 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? ********************, Roy is just a cut above.
Well you spent years wanting Wells fired to bring back Gary was showing he was a terrible coach at Oregon State. Sorry we cant all be experts like you, but we were right about Gary.
Yeah, Saint (I can't express myself without swearing) Wells that did so well with player development and is clearly kicking all kinds of (I can't express myself without swearing) at Texas Tech right now definitely didn't deserve the scorn. EABOD.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2831
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:18 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:16 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? ***************, Roy is just a cut above.
You’re the one who spouted off that all those who could see the problems were idiots.
I spouted off that some, like yourself, could only talk about intangible nonsense.

EDIT: Let's keep personal attacks and name calling out of it. Thank you - The Management


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
aggieman2828
Posts: 106
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by aggieman2828 » November 7th, 2020, 11:18 am

taniataylor wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:11 am
taniataylor wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:55 am
I wonder how the players are reacting to this. I hope GA got a chance to tell them before the news broke.
Shocked among other things.
Dang. How are they feeling? Sad, happy, disappointed?
Not any of those things
Relieved?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author aggieman2828 for the post:
taniataylor



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5704
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 474 times
Been thanked: 953 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 7th, 2020, 11:20 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:18 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:16 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? When it comes to rimjobs and online prognostication, Roy is just a cut above.
You’re the one who spouted off that all those who could see the problems were idiots.
I spouted off that (I can't express myself without swearing), much like yourself, could only talk about intangible nonsense.
Except that’s just it. It wasn’t nonsense. It was and is the root of the whole problem and why he’s gone now.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
Intermeddler



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4455
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 778 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 7th, 2020, 11:20 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:17 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:14 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? When it comes to rimjobs and online prognostication, Roy is just a cut above.
Well you spent years wanting Wells fired to bring back Gary was showing he was a terrible coach at Oregon State. Sorry we cant all be experts like you, but we were right about Gary.
Yeah, Saint (I can't express myself without swearing) Wells that did so well with player development and is clearly kicking all kinds of (I can't express myself without swearing) at Texas Tech right now definitely didn't deserve the scorn. EABOD.
He is doing better at Texas Tech than Gary did at Oregon State and his 6 years at USU were better than Gary's 6 years.

Did Wells deserve criticism? Sure. Did he deserve to be fired? Maybe if USU had a great coach lined up you make that move after 2016, but that coach certainly shouldn't have been Gary Andersen. Gary proved he wasn't a good coach at Oregon State.



AggieUprising50
Posts: 798
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by AggieUprising50 » November 7th, 2020, 11:21 am

This was probably for the best. I think we also need to move on from Reeder as well.

I will ask this question, what if Gary were to be on the next staff as a coordinator or position coach? He’s a great recruiter and could still be an asset to the program.



slcagg
Posts: 6347
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1361 times
Been thanked: 1082 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by slcagg » November 7th, 2020, 11:23 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:21 am
This was probably for the best. I think we also need to move on from Reeder as well.

I will ask this question, what if Gary were to be on the next staff as a coordinator or position coach? He’s a great recruiter and could still be an asset to the program.
I agree. But you can’t keep the old boss and bring in a new boss in most cases.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5704
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 474 times
Been thanked: 953 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 7th, 2020, 11:23 am

Full wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:09 am
All those clamoring for Jay Hill just sit back and watch John Hartwell go to work. There should be very little turnover in coaching, and we’ll have one of the few openings. He can take his time and find the right guy. I trust him more than I hiring Jay Hill.
I agree completely. I fully trust Hartwell. I just think in the end he’ll come to the conclusion Jay Hill is that guy.



Aggie84025
Posts: 3086
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Aggie84025 » November 7th, 2020, 11:24 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:21 am
This was probably for the best. I think we also need to move on from Reeder as well.

I will ask this question, what if Gary were to be on the next staff as a coordinator or position coach? He’s a great recruiter and could still be an asset to the program.
Gary has a really great defensive mind and would do great as a defensive line coach but in no way can you keep him on the staff and bring in a new coach that would be a disaster.



Ahbye
Posts: 1794
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Ahbye » November 7th, 2020, 11:24 am

De nada.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 4):
MadmartigantaniataylorBustaMcNuttBLUERUFiO



Ahbye
Posts: 1794
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Ahbye » November 7th, 2020, 11:24 am

Just kidding.



User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by AgMac » November 7th, 2020, 11:25 am

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:55 am
I wonder how the players are reacting to this. I hope GA got a chance to tell them before the news broke.
Sounds like maybe some split feelings. Shaq Bond doesn't seem too happy about it based on his tweets. But it looks like at least one of our receivers might welcome it (if I'm reading the room correctly).
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
taniataylor



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2831
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:28 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:20 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:18 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:16 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? When it comes to rimjobs and online prognostication, Roy is just a cut above.
You’re the one who spouted off that all those who could see the problems were idiots.
I spouted off that (I can't express myself without swearing), much like yourself, could only talk about intangible nonsense.
Except that’s just it. It wasn’t nonsense. It was and is the root of the whole problem and why he’s gone now.
Yes, "effort" and "attitude" were the issue; not scheme and talent. I hope they give you a good look for the opening, Roy. Your ability to quantify and measure effort are revolutionary to the game. Roy's bull (I can't express myself without swearing), the biggest thing since the forward pass.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7501
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 486 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by 2004AG » November 7th, 2020, 11:29 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:This was probably for the best. I think we also need to move on from Reeder as well.

I will ask this question, what if Gary were to be on the next staff as a coordinator or position coach? He’s a great recruiter and could still be an asset to the program.
Yeah I hope he gets a job in the AD office


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 6768
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:30 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:28 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:20 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:18 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:16 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? When it comes to rimjobs and online prognostication, Roy is just a cut above.
You’re the one who spouted off that all those who could see the problems were idiots.
I spouted off that (I can't express myself without swearing), much like yourself, could only talk about intangible nonsense.
Except that’s just it. It wasn’t nonsense. It was and is the root of the whole problem and why he’s gone now.
Yes, "effort" and "attitude" were the issue; not scheme and talent. I hope they give you a good look for the opening, Roy. Your ability to quantify and measure effort are revolutionary to the game. Roy's bull (I can't express myself without swearing), the biggest thing since the forward pass.
Take it outside, gentlemen.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 3):
Aggieforlifeflying_scotsman2.0MrBiggle


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3339
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 928 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by ineptimusprime » November 7th, 2020, 11:31 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:18 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:16 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:10 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:00 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:51 am
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
You can drive up and down I-15 all day and not find Utah State.
Sorry you were dead wrong on this, YBA. Those of us who actually really know about football knew how bad it was.
Roy McAvoy, armchair (I can't express myself without swearing), nailed it again. What can we say, folks? When it comes to rimjobs and online prognostication, Roy is just a cut above.
You’re the one who spouted off that all those who could see the problems were idiots.
I spouted off that (I can't express myself without swearing), much like yourself, could only talk about intangible nonsense.
Hey, remember that post where you said everything I said was “wrong,” but in fact, literally everything factual I said was 100% right on and my prediction on Shelley was also 100% right on?

How’s that crow tasting?

EDIT: Let's keep the name calling out of it. Thank you - The Management
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Intermeddler



FeartheFro
Posts: 499
Joined: March 11th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by FeartheFro » November 7th, 2020, 11:32 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
Too bad Morgan Scalley was so dumb a while ago. Now I expect Jay Hill, assuming he's successful, will be a 4 year rental until Whitt retires.
Bring it on. I’m done with the thinking of getting someone that wants to be here long term. We thought we had that with Stew and even it did not end well. I think for a coach to be really successful you either need to be winning with the hope of getting a bigger job or are in a position you think you can compete for a national title.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Madmartigan
Posts: 2919
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 331 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Madmartigan » November 7th, 2020, 11:33 am

Let's not forget we are all Aggies here. Being wrong is a condition of being human. No need to rub it in others faces that they were wrong, even if we feel they deserve it. I recommend breathing exercises and meditation along with a celebration that we have a great AD that did the right thing.
Last edited by Madmartigan on November 7th, 2020, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 6):
AggieforlifeBustaMcNuttflying_scotsman2.0AgliciousnewtonianblueBLUERUFiO



bluegrouse
Posts: 3361
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 438 times
Been thanked: 637 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by bluegrouse » November 7th, 2020, 11:33 am

I didn’t like this hire but it truly makes me sad that this is how it worked out for Gary and for us.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 6):
AggieforlifeRoy McAvoyBustaMcNuttFullflying_scotsman2.0crazywookie



Intermeddler
Posts: 2195
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Intermeddler » November 7th, 2020, 11:33 am

Madmartigan wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:33 am
Let's not forget we are all Aggies here. Being wrong is a condition of being human. No need to rub it in others faces they were wrong, even if we feel they deserve it.
Madmartigan 2024



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4455
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 778 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 7th, 2020, 11:34 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:21 am
This was probably for the best. I think we also need to move on from Reeder as well.

I will ask this question, what if Gary were to be on the next staff as a coordinator or position coach? He’s a great recruiter and could still be an asset to the program.
Reeder 100% won't be at USU next year. Maile probably won't be either.

And Gary won't be an assistant at USU and certainly wasn't a good recruiter in his limited time back at the school. We had terribly ranked recruiting class this past year. You can say recruiting rankings aren't everything and that is true, but there aren't many of those guys that stand out as hopefuls for the future. At least not through 3 games.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4455
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 342 times
Been thanked: 778 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 7th, 2020, 11:36 am

FeartheFro wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:32 am
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 10:43 am
Hearing it was more Gary leaving than being fired but it’ll be a short drive up I-15 for our next coach
Too bad Morgan Scalley was so dumb a while ago. Now I expect Jay Hill, assuming he's successful, will be a 4 year rental until Whitt retires.
Bring it on. I’m done with the thinking of getting someone that wants to be here long term. We thought we had that with Stew and even it did not end well. I think for a coach to be really successful you either need to be winning with the hope of getting a bigger job or are in a position you think you can compete for a national title.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the "let's find a guy who will be here longterm" is the absolute worst reason to look to hire a coach. Yes, we got lucky with Stew, but that is the exception not the rule. I am sure Mick Dennehy would have stayed at USU for 20 years if we let him. Just find a guy who can win, end of story.



Elkaggie
Posts: 4151
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Elkaggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:36 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:34 am
AggieUprising50 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:21 am
This was probably for the best. I think we also need to move on from Reeder as well.

I will ask this question, what if Gary were to be on the next staff as a coordinator or position coach? He’s a great recruiter and could still be an asset to the program.
Reeder 100% won't be at USU next year. Maile probably won't be either.

And Gary won't be an assistant at USU and certainly wasn't a good recruiter in his limited time back at the school. We had terribly ranked recruiting class this past year. You can say recruiting rankings aren't everything and that is true, but there aren't many of those guys that stand out as hopefuls for the future. At least not through 3 games.
You sure?! I would think keeping FM would be too priority. Who else will coach the team until next year?



AggieUprising50
Posts: 798
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by AggieUprising50 » November 7th, 2020, 11:36 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:34 am
AggieUprising50 wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:21 am
This was probably for the best. I think we also need to move on from Reeder as well.

I will ask this question, what if Gary were to be on the next staff as a coordinator or position coach? He’s a great recruiter and could still be an asset to the program.
Reeder 100% won't be at USU next year. Maile probably won't be either.

And Gary won't be an assistant at USU and certainly wasn't a good recruiter in his limited time back at the school. We had terribly ranked recruiting class this past year. You can say recruiting rankings aren't everything and that is true, but there aren't many of those guys that stand out as hopefuls for the future. At least not through 3 games.
I think we’ll see in a couple of years how well his recruiting class turns out. I do like AJV.



User avatar
NowhereLandAggie
Posts: 3237
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by NowhereLandAggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:38 am

First the Miller's selling the Jazz, now this. Thought he would at least make it to the end of the season.



User avatar
travelingagg
Posts: 1127
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 10:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by travelingagg » November 7th, 2020, 11:38 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:09 am
TheBigSilk wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:08 am
Does that mean we have to wait 3 more years to let a new coach rebuild?
Honestly, it will probably take some time for us to rebuild. We are pretty freaking awful right now.
We seem incredibly undersized. We've looked like a 6A high school team playing a D1 team the first three weeks at many positions. Putting our 240-250 pound short DL guys up against the 6'5"-6'7," 310 lb offensive linemen we have seen and will continue to see this season sets us up to fail at the line every game. We're similarly mismatched in many other positions with some exceptions. Seems like a problem that will take a few years to solve.
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post:
GreenAg


Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3339
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 928 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by ineptimusprime » November 7th, 2020, 11:39 am

Madmartigan wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:33 am
Let's not forget we are all Aggies here. Being wrong is a condition of being human. No need to rub it in others faces that they were wrong, even if we feel they deserve it. I recommend breathing exercises and meditation along with a celebration that we have a great AD that did the right thing.
I’m normally 100% with you on this. I’ve definitely been wrong on many occasions. But YBA goes a bit beyond the pale in how he interacts with people, so deserves to get called to the carpet here, IMO.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2831
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:41 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:39 am
Madmartigan wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:33 am
Let's not forget we are all Aggies here. Being wrong is a condition of being human. No need to rub it in others faces that they were wrong, even if we feel they deserve it. I recommend breathing exercises and meditation along with a celebration that we have a great AD that did the right thing.
I’m normally 100% with you on this. I’ve definitely been wrong on many occasions. But YBA goes a bit beyond the pale in how he interacts with people, so deserves to get called to the carpet here, IMO.
Tell you what, next time I want your opinion, I'll save myself the trouble of reaching out and just listen to what a turd sounds like when it hits the water. Feel free to PM me anytime you want to set up a meetup. I'll recognize you from the incessant whining, no need to send a picture.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

AggieUprising50
Posts: 798
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by AggieUprising50 » November 7th, 2020, 11:42 am

Now that Gary 2.0 is over my three biggest takeaways are:

1. Gary 2.0 won’t take away from Gary 1.0’s success. He brought out program out of the darkness. He’ll always be an Aggie Legend in my eyes.

2. I 100% trust John Hartwell with the next hire. He brought us Craig Smith. That’s all I need to know.

3. I hope Frank Maile gets a shot as an the Interim HC
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post (total 6):
3rdGenAggievegasaggieSweepDanceBustaMcNuttflying_scotsman2.0BLUERUFiO



Ahbye
Posts: 1794
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Ahbye » November 7th, 2020, 11:43 am

I'm sure it'll get worse. Since this year doesn't count, the whole team could up and leave immediately. We better hope enough like it here or we may not field a team next weekend...or next year. This could destroy USU football as we know it simply because of a virus changing the rules for a season. You DON'T have time to just sit back and evaluate candidates at this time. They need to move now.



Elkaggie
Posts: 4151
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by Elkaggie » November 7th, 2020, 11:45 am

travelingagg wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:38 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:09 am
TheBigSilk wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 11:08 am
Does that mean we have to wait 3 more years to let a new coach rebuild?
Honestly, it will probably take some time for us to rebuild. We are pretty freaking awful right now.
We seem incredibly undersized. We've looked like a 6A high school team playing a D1 team the first three weeks at many positions. Putting our 240-250 pound short DL guys up against the 6'5"-6'7," 310 lb offensive linemen we have seen and will continue to see this season sets us up to fail at the line every game. We're similarly mismatched in many other positions with some exceptions. Seems like a problem that will take a few years to solve.
I actually think our Dline has good potential and at times has been pretty good. (Unlike our Oline) Our problem is our LBers. In our scheme they have to be really good, fast, athletic and other than AJ we got nothing.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post (total 3):
MWCFAN12GUSdeltaaggie



bpd
Posts: 1157
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Gary Fired!!!?!?!!

Post by bpd » November 7th, 2020, 11:46 am

Talk about a news dump at the right time. Hartwell waiting till Biden is declared the winner to drop the bomb.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 2):
TheAKAggieBLUERUFiO



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic