Pathetic

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Agzrule

Pathetic

Post by Agzrule » October 24th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Gary you had a year to fix this defense, this program is going backwards, please do the right thing and leave
These users thanked the author Agzrule for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Madmartigan

Re: Pathetic

Post by Madmartigan » October 24th, 2020, 8:21 pm

Agzrule wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Gary you had a year to fix this defense, this program is going backwards, please do the right thing and leave
Take a deep breath. It’s one game during a pandemic. Let’s get a larger sample size than against a team that always curbs us.

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » October 24th, 2020, 8:26 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:21 pm
Agzrule wrote:
Take a deep breath. It’s one game during a pandemic. Let’s get a larger sample size than against a team that always curbs us.
Way more than one game to judge, this is terrible uninspired football, he doesn’t care

AFA
BYU
Boise
Akron

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 24th, 2020, 8:30 pm

Agzrule wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:26 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
Agzrule wrote:
Way more than one game to judge, this is terrible uninspired football, he doesn’t care

AFA
BYU
Boise
Akron
Yeah that Akron game was downright awful 😉

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 24th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Agzrule wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Agzrule wrote:

AFA
BYU
Boise
Akron
I'm sure he cares. But yeah, looks a lot like last year. Which was one of my least favorite years of Aggie football.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 24th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Agzrule wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Agzrule wrote:

AFA
BYU
Boise
Akron
2019 wasn’t all bad for the D. They won us these games
SDSU
Wyoming
Nevada
CSU
Losing Woodward hurt us bad.

I agree to not freak out after losing to the front runner of the conference.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
slcagg

MaverickAggie

Post by MaverickAggie » October 24th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Pathetic post indeed. One game against a team that has dominated us for decades. Pandemic, new system and new coaches, missing starters.

Hopefully our players are a little more resilient than our fans.
These users thanked the author MaverickAggie for the post (total 2):
slcaggJSHarvey

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 24th, 2020, 8:49 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
Agzrule wrote:
Its the effort and the tackling that is the obvious problem. Not the opponent.

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » October 24th, 2020, 8:51 pm

MaverickAggie wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:39 pm
Pathetic post indeed. One game against a team that has dominated us for decades. Pandemic, new system and new coaches, missing starters.

I’ve supported this program for almost thirty years, its mostly been poor quality, in the last years our success has increased, but we plateaud and now we are in a free fall, I see no intensity, little effort, terrible fundamentals, just simply terrible ugly football, I guess I’m not content to be the laughing stock of college football again, but that’s where we are headed
These users thanked the author Agzrule for the post:
AggieFBObsession

utaggies

Post by utaggies » October 24th, 2020, 8:52 pm

MaverickAggie wrote:

And BSU didn’t have to cope with the pandemic, too?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 24th, 2020, 8:53 pm

Agzrule wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:51 pm
MaverickAggie wrote:

I’ve supported this program for almost thirty years, its mostly been poor quality, in the last years our success has increased, but we plateaud and now we are in a free fall, I see no intensity, little effort, terrible fundamentals, just simply terrible ugly football, I guess I’m not content to be the laughing stock of college football again, but that’s where we are headed
It was bad, but I'd let a little more of the season play out before I'd go to that extreme. Last year we got blown out by Boise and still had a winning season. The year is just getting started.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
Machismo

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » October 24th, 2020, 8:55 pm

I’m surprised how many Aggie fans are ok with tonight’s loss just because it’s Boise. Why are we contempt with this? If we ever want to win a MW Championship, we have to beat Boise and we haven’t even competed the last two years. Boise is good, but they aren’t unbeatable. We need to be able to compete, and we should be doing whatever it takes to do that, instead of saying losing to them is ok.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 24th, 2020, 8:58 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:55 pm
I’m surprised how many Aggie fans are ok with tonight’s loss just because it’s Boise. Why are we contempt with this? If we ever want to win a MW Championship, we have to beat Boise and we haven’t even competed the last two years. Boise is good, but they aren’t unbeatable. We need to be able to compete, and we should be doing whatever it takes to do that, instead of saying losing to them is ok.
I am not happy about the loss, but I was definitely mentally prepared for us to get shellacked, so am a bit numb to an angry outburst. With Gary 2.0, my expectations are at rock bottom.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 24th, 2020, 9:02 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
I'm not ok with it and I don't think anyone is ok with it. I just don't think it makes us the laughingstock of college football. I'll wait a little while longer to completely hit the panic button. Most people had us going about 4-4 this year in that thread of predicting our record. Did anyone seriously have us winning this game? We still got a lot of season left. Next week could certainly be rough, but let's see how the team responds.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
JSHarvey

MaverickAggie

Post by MaverickAggie » October 24th, 2020, 9:09 pm

utaggies wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:52 pm
MaverickAggie wrote:

And BSU didn’t have to cope with the pandemic, too?
Of course, but when you have new qb, new coordinators, new system......definitely hurts us. Not sure if they had players out but we had 20 not make the trip.

This season is bonus football in my mind. I hope we get lots of kids experience and play a full season at full strength next year.
These users thanked the author MaverickAggie for the post:
JSHarvey

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » October 24th, 2020, 9:12 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 8:30 pm
Agzrule wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Agzrule wrote:

AFA
BYU
Boise
Akron
Yeah that Akron game was downright awful 😉
Kent State

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » October 25th, 2020, 7:09 am

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
There's a difference between "contempt" with the loss and putting it into perspective. The emotional knee slapping after a single game is unreal. People calling us the 06 version of the Aggies after one game. Number one rule in college football.. don't read too much into the opening game. My big concern is that Jason Shelley can't seem to throw a forward pass or make more than one read. If we don't get good QB play, we might be the 06 version of the Aggies.

Well coached teams improve throughout a season. If we don't see improvement in the next few games.. well I'll concede I was wrong and join the rest of you yelling at the clouds.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
JSHarvey

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 25th, 2020, 8:12 am

Madmartigan wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 7:09 am
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
There's a difference between "contempt" with the loss and putting it into perspective. The emotional knee slapping after a single game is unreal. People calling us the 06 version of the Aggies after one game. Number one rule in college football.. don't read too much into the opening game. My big concern is that Jason Shelley can't seem to throw a forward pass or make more than one read. If we don't get good QB play, we might be the 06 version of the Aggies.

Well coached teams improve throughout a season. If we don't see improvement in the next few games.. well I'll concede I was wrong and join the rest of you yelling at the clouds.
Good post. I know how I think the next few games will turn out, but you are right on here. The story of the season will be told the next few weeks.

I think most are more angry about losing HC than they outcome of the game yesterday. At least I am.

Also, WTF Mountain West? Aggies get the two best teams in the conference on back to back weeks to open the season?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 8:24 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:12 am
Madmartigan wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Good post. I know how I think the next few games will turn out, but you are right on here. The story of the season will be told the next few weeks.

I think most are more angry about losing HC than they outcome of the game yesterday. At least I am.

Also, WTF Mountain West? Aggies get the two best teams in the conference on back to back weeks to open the season?
The schedule did us no favors. You are right we have to get better qb play. Shelly is obviously not a first pass quarterback but he also didn't look that athletic out there as well. So if he's not a great Runner as well as a below-average passer it seems like we would have been a better off with a different quarterback. I'm not saying we should bench him but we definitely need to see some improvement over the next couple of games if not we should be letting the younger guys see what they have. I hope to see DHC given more chances and so better as he was not good last night. Need to get tight ends involved as well.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 25th, 2020, 8:29 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:24 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

The schedule did us no favors. You are right we have to get better qb play. Shelly is obviously not a first pass quarterback but he also didn't look that athletic out there as well. So if he's not a great Runner as well as a below-average passer it seems like we would have been a better off with a different quarterback. I'm not saying we should bench him but we definitely need to see some improvement over the next couple of games if not we should be letting the younger guys see what they have. I hope to see DHC given more chances and so better as he was not good last night. Need to get tight ends involved as well.
Shelley=Kent Myers, but honestly, it looks like he might not be as athletic as Kent.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 8:44 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:29 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:24 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Shelley=Kent Myers, but honestly, it looks like he might not be as athletic as Kent.
Kent had aome decent games but his offenses were hard to watch. Good defenses would stack the box knowing he could not make a read past his first receiver. I sure hope I don't have to relive that for too long.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » October 25th, 2020, 11:04 am

The GA team I expected to show up would have been really fired up and would play physical. That was the hallmark of his first stint here. Teams that beat us back then would say sure USU was physically overmatched but flew around and hit people like maniacs.

Where is that GA team? We were not physically overmatched yesterday.

Offensive game plan? Defensive breakdowns? The good news is that it's fixable....well GA can fix it.........or can he?
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyUSU78

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 12:15 pm

El Sapo wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 11:04 am
The GA team I expected to show up would have been really fired up and would play physical. That was the hallmark of his first stint here. Teams that beat us back then would say sure USU was physically overmatched but flew around and hit people like maniacs.

Offensive game plan? Defensive breakdowns? The good news is that it's fixable....well GA can fix it.........or can he?
This is one of the more frustrating things. In his first stint we were very rarely outmatched especially against bigger name teams. You look against Texas A&M and Oklahoma we were not the best team, but the team played with a fire that was 2nd to none. That is one the parts that have been lacking in his 2nd stint. I hope and it can return, but it has been frustrating.
El Sapo

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 25th, 2020, 12:24 pm

El Sapo wrote:

My exact thoughts. These teams do not seem to have the same mentality as GA's early teams. Those teams genuinely thought they could beat any team, and they played like it.

It was so incredibly disheartening last year to hear Gary complain about having to play LSU. We just don't seem to have the same tough, competitive mentality.

But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on GA. Hoping to start seeing it soon.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
El Sapo

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 12:35 pm

AgMac wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 12:24 pm
El Sapo wrote:

My exact thoughts. These teams do not seem to have the same mentality as GA's early teams. Those teams genuinely thought they could beat any team, and they played like it.

It was so incredibly disheartening last year to hear Gary complain about having to play LSU. We just don't seem to have the same tough, competitive mentality.

But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on GA. Hoping to start seeing it soon.
There are 2 types of toughness, one actually being physically tough and the other having a belief that you are tough and can compete with other teams. GA preached about having the team be more physically tough in the off season. I think we will see improvement on this and our lines need to be tougher. The mental one is interesting to me. One of the biggest things GA had going for him was anyone/anytime mentality and that his teams had a belief that they could compete. I have not seen that, but am hopeful we can get that back.
El Sapo

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » October 25th, 2020, 1:28 pm

I’m afraid the GA that was all intensity all the time is gone. That was extremely apparent when we were losing the bowl game last year. The Kent state sideline was going crazy and ours looked like they couldn’t wait to be done with the game.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 25th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Where is our Offensive creativity?
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » October 25th, 2020, 3:09 pm

taniataylor wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 2:30 pm
what she said.
in my sunday coach chair that loss was on the OC.
thats the offense that came out of camp??
i get that the O line may have had issues, but our play calling was as bad as it gets.
how is it that Boise hires a new OC and they have innovative offense, we hire a new OC and we get Sanford Jr. again,
Not one screen pass? ok ill stop i am getting worked up.
and the defensive secondary that they were supposed to social distance and not be physical

ususports

Post by ususports » October 25th, 2020, 3:27 pm

sammyhagar wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 3:09 pm
taniataylor wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 2:30 pm
what she said.
in my sunday coach chair that loss was on the OC.
thats the offense that came out of camp??
i get that the O line may have had issues, but our play calling was as bad as it gets.
how is it that Boise hires a new OC and they have innovative offense, we hire a new OC and we get Sanford Jr. again,
Not one screen pass? ok ill stop i am getting worked up.
and the defensive secondary that they were supposed to social distance and not be physical
I have made posts about Maile as the defensive coordinator In the past (never been a fan). I have never understood the man crushes that many on this board have for him. He played under Brent Guy, and our defense looks just as soft as it did back then. Our corners give way too much cushion by lining up 2 football fields away from the line of scrimmage, and when anyone tries to tackle, their arms are superglued to their chests, so there is no such thing as wrapping their arms around the player with the ball to make a real tackle. I hope things improve, but past history when he has been a co-coordinator gives reason for doubt.

Locked Previous topicNext topic