First canceled game (CSU vs UNM)

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tysteve20

First canceled game (CSU vs UNM)

Post by tysteve20 » October 20th, 2020, 12:30 pm

The UNM at CSU game has been cancelled because of cases at unm. There is no plan to reschedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie84025

NAR CSU vs. NM cancelled

Post by Aggie84025 » October 20th, 2020, 12:32 pm

The first casualty of the season arrived. The CSU vs NM game is cancelled. From chat boards it looks like the NM governor put travel restrictions on people leaving the state and then returning so they decided to cancel.

Aggie84025

Re: NAR CSU vs. NM cancelled

Post by Aggie84025 » October 20th, 2020, 12:33 pm

sorry i did not see the thread about this, I apologize.

ViAggie

Re: First canceled game

Post by ViAggie » October 20th, 2020, 12:38 pm

SIGH

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggiealum13

Re: First canceled game (CSU vs UNM)

Post by Aggiealum13 » October 20th, 2020, 1:02 pm

This is why it was dumb for our league to stall on the season. There is no room on the back end of the schedule to reschedule. I hope we and our opponents are squeaky COVID clean or else we'll have a cancellation which I suppose could happen already on November 26th (Thanksgiving day) if UNM throws the towel for the season. If we would have started earlier than a game like this could easily be rescheduled. I suppose BYU is available that day if they have an opening since they have become the de-facto conference filler.
These users thanked the author Aggiealum13 for the post:
sstrasser

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 20th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Aggiealum13 wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 1:02 pm
This is why it was dumb for our league to stall on the season. There is no room on the back end of the schedule to reschedule. I hope we and our opponents are squeaky COVID clean or else we'll have a cancellation which I suppose could happen already on November 26th (Thanksgiving day) if UNM throws the towel for the season. If we would have started earlier than a game like this could easily be rescheduled. I suppose BYU is available that day if they have an opening since they have become the de-facto conference filler.
The science wasn't there in August to make that determination though :).

Regarding this cancellation we knew there would be games played and games canceled. Just part of how it will work this season.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
oleblu111

Aggiealum13

Post by Aggiealum13 » October 20th, 2020, 1:53 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 1:46 pm
Aggiealum13 wrote:

Regarding this cancellation we knew there would be games played and games canceled. Just part of how it will work this season.
The science hasn't changed, but the overall seriousness and implications of revenue loss if our league doesn't get back in has changed. Guarantee if SEC, Big 12, AAC, and ACC chose to hang up the season like the BIG 10, PAC 12, and MW then we wouldn't initiate a return for a Fall season because science has changed. It is just our excuse of coming back in.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm

Aggiealum13 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:

The science hasn't changed, but the overall seriousness and implications of revenue loss if our league doesn't get back in has changed. Guarantee if SEC, Big 12, AAC, and ACC chose to hang up the season like the BIG 10, PAC 12, and MW then we wouldn't initiate a return for a Fall season because science has changed. It is just our excuse of coming back in.
The science did change. Tests come back in a few hours instead of days thanks to new methods that weren't available in August. It's these tests that convinced big ten presidents to give it a shot.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 20th, 2020, 2:57 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Aggiealum13 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:

The science did change. Tests come back in a few hours instead of days thanks to new methods that weren't available in August. It's these tests that convinced big ten presidents to give it a shot.

Sec sec sec sec sec sec. $$$$$$$$$$$. Successful start by many leagues. Fan base and player and parent pressure. 99.9999999%. No players hospitalized.

All these played a part in it as well. Aren’t you glad some conferences had the decision makers to try and make this work?
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
3rdGenAggie

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 20th, 2020, 3:04 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:

Or the Big 10 and PAC 12 realized that the other conferences called their bluff ?

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 20th, 2020, 3:12 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:57 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:

Sec sec sec sec sec sec. $$$$$$$$$$$. Successful start by many leagues. Fan base and player and parent pressure. 99.9999999%. No players hospitalized.

All these played a part in it as well. Aren’t you glad some conferences had the decision makers to try and make this work?
I truly believe the big 10 thought everyone would follow their lead. I am thankful that other conferences had the fortitude to push through. I am thankful we are having a season, but based on how the other G5 conferences made it work I certainly believe we could have made it work sooner as well.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 20th, 2020, 3:12 pm

I believe that SEC school do have reduced capacity because of the virus, so even in the ole confederacy it is different this season.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 20th, 2020, 3:18 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 3:12 pm
I believe that SEC school do have reduced capacity because of the virus, so even in the ole confederacy it is different this season.
You are exactly correct. Reduced but they have taken responsible action in managing the virus and have been successful in playing a season.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
aggies22sstrasser

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 20th, 2020, 3:33 pm

2004AG wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 3:04 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:

Or the Big 10 and PAC 12 realized that the other conferences called their bluff ?

This is exactly what it was. The PAC-12, namely, the state of California, thought they were going to be the beacon to guide intercollegiate sports through this unprecedented time. They thought they were going to set the standard for opening the country up and getting back to normal. The Rednecks in the southeast flipped them a collective middle finger and said "we know what is best for us and our schools and we know how to protect ourselves". While the jury is still out (we're still to go through another cold/flu season and the possibility of a big third wave), they have done a great job in salvaging a season while keeping their players, coaches, staff, officials, etc. healthy. The PAC-12 reluctantly succumbed to peer pressure and the elitists in California have to join in taking that bitter pill. Outdone by the sweaty part of the country - the horror.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 2):
sstrasserNavyBlueAggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 20th, 2020, 3:58 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 3:12 pm
And they have had to postpone or cancel games; Florida most notably has had to postpone their game against LSU and their game this Saturday against Missouri.

That is the right strategy and just how it is going to be this year. It is a weird season. Houston who played byu last week had only played one game so far in the year before that game because of all the issues.

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » October 20th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Getting tired of the MWC always playing the role of filler for BYU's November schedules and coming to the aid of BYU. Hell, we already had Boise and SDSU cancel conference games so they could schedule BYU instead

If we end up needing replacement games, we should not schedule BYU. Let's schedule the MAC or CUSA or someone else.

Also, let's not forget that Utah could end up having a game cancelled and we could fill in Utah vs USU as a replacement game.

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » October 20th, 2020, 5:26 pm

Tetonkatest wrote:Getting tired of the MWC always playing the role of filler for BYU's November schedules and coming to the aid of BYU. Hell, we already had Boise and SDSU cancel conference games so they could schedule BYU instead

If we end up needing replacement games, we should not schedule BYU. Let's schedule the MAC or CUSA or someone else.

Also, let's not forget that Utah could end up having a game cancelled and we could fill in Utah vs USU as a replacement game.
The only way Utah would even consider that would be an away game for us. No way in the world they would be willing to come to Logan

These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post:
sstrasser

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 20th, 2020, 6:54 pm

Tetonkatest wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Getting tired of the MWC always playing the role of filler for BYU's November schedules and coming to the aid of BYU. Hell, we already had Boise and SDSU cancel conference games so they could schedule BYU instead

Id love usu vs utah. I hope we get back to playing them every year someday. But yes I want to play and beat byu every year as well. This is my strongest disagreement with most people on this board and where this board differs from the rest of the fanbase. Most fans love the rivalry games, but for some reason fans on this board use their hatred of byu to want to avoid the game. My hatred of byu makes me want to beat them every year.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 3):
OKAggieususportssstrasser

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 20th, 2020, 8:29 pm

I would not be surprised if NM does not play a game this year. There governor will make it very difficult with the all the restrictions she is placing.

ususports

Post by ususports » October 20th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 6:54 pm
Tetonkatest wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Id love usu vs utah. I hope we get back to playing them every year someday. But yes I want to play and beat byu every year as well. This is my strongest disagreement with most people on this board and where this board differs from the rest of the fanbase. Most fans love the rivalry games, but for some reason fans on this board use their hatred of byu to want to avoid the game. My hatred of byu makes me want to beat them every year.
Agreed. There are some on this board who think that just because people like out of conference rivalry games, that means we think those games are more important than winning the MWC championship. Perhaps I am greedy, but I want both, and I see no reason why wanting one makes it so I can no longer want the other.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
sstrasser

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » October 21st, 2020, 7:09 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Aggiealum13 wrote:

I got tested a week ago at the VA for a client meeting: 15 minutes.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic