USU and Maverik Stadium should be prepared

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

USU and Maverik Stadium should be prepared

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 7th, 2020, 5:50 pm

I know I have posted this before, but both Utah State University and Maverik Stadium should be prepared to host a high school football semi-final or championship at Maverik Stadium in the scenario that it works out that two teams from the valley meet up with each other for either the championship or in the semi-finals. The likely two schools to meet up this year would be Ridgeline and Sky View, and it would be much better for a semifinal or championship between the two to be played up at Maverik with the atmosphere there would be as opposed to making both teams and fan bases bus and drive down to St. George, Salt Lake City or even Ogden for a game against each other.
The two back to back years it worked out the Logan met up with Mountain Crest in the state semi-finals, having the games played at Romney and the turnout for both schools sure was alot better than both teams having to travel down to Ogden or Salt Lake for the games.

oleblu111

Re: USU and Maverik Stadium should be prepared

Post by oleblu111 » October 7th, 2020, 6:06 pm

It is up to the high school governing body to determine sites, USU has nothing to do with that. unless they are selected, No school on the front wants to drive to Logan to play a game

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 7th, 2020, 6:16 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 6:06 pm
It is up to the high school governing body to determine sites, USU has nothing to do with that. unless they are selected, No school on the front wants to drive to Logan to play a game
Yeah, I do realize USU has nothing to do with deciding the site, just saying that they should be prepared to host a game and have their stadium be an option. And the scenario I was implying was that Ridgeline and Sky View face EACH OTHER in a game if the bracket works out that way, not that someone else drives up to play them. Or any two of the five another year.

sstrasser

Post by sstrasser » October 9th, 2020, 1:21 pm

it also has to work out with the Aggies schedule, what if their game is moved to a Friday (11/13) for the week of the HS finals by the TV partner. the semifinals the week before would be fine on either day cause there are no Aggie home games. in the past USU is more then willing to help out the UHSAA and host a game of Cache Valley schools

Bigd23
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bigd23 » October 10th, 2020, 8:30 am

If you look at the 4A playoff bracket they are using home sites through the semifinals this year so Ridgeline would play at Sky View if they stay at #1 and #4 in the RPI. The championship is already set at Dixie State. They usually wait to see if northern or southern teams are in that game but with potential weather conditions and COVID it looks like they already decided where the championship will be played.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bigd23 for the post:
sstrasser

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic