Fans in the stands?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BigBlueSteve

Fans in the stands?

Post by BigBlueSteve » October 1st, 2020, 3:13 pm

I know it's way too early, but anyone have any insights on if we'll be able to go to the games?

(also, I know there's a very similar thread to this already)

GeoAg

Re: Fans in the stands?

Post by GeoAg » October 1st, 2020, 3:21 pm

Magic 8-ball says yes
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
aggies22

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » October 1st, 2020, 3:23 pm

had lunch with someone in athletics today, they said they plan on having 6,000 fans allowed in the stadium.
who knows if that will change
These users thanked the author sammyhagar for the post (total 2):
slcaggaggies22

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 1st, 2020, 3:27 pm

So far this season in college football it has been either no fans or 1/4 capacity. Having 6000 would fit the 1/4 capacity guideline.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
aggies22

FormerlyVegasAggie71

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » October 1st, 2020, 4:06 pm

FWIW, UNLV has submitted plans for approval to get 6,500 fans in the stands at UNLV games (10% of allegiant stadium capacity). Pretty funny that UNLV will play in that stadium in front of fans before the Raiders. And yes, I'm going to try and go to at least one game (probably Boise) to check out the stadium.
Last edited by FormerlyVegasAggie71 on October 1st, 2020, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author FormerlyVegasAggie71 for the post:
aggies22

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » October 1st, 2020, 4:13 pm

FormerlyVegasAggie71 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 4:06 pm
FWIW, UNLV is going has submitted plans for approval to get 6,500 fans in the stands at UNLV games (10% of allegiant stadium capacity). Pretty funny that UNLV will play in that stadium in front of fans before the Raiders. And yes, I'm going to try and go to at least one game (probably Boise) to check out the stadium.
I live in Vegas, and I was lucky enough to tour Allegiant last month including UNLV's locker room. It's incredible. UNLV's attendance was super low las year, but I'm guessing it will be at allotted capacity this entire season as the 2.3 million people here want to see the stadium.
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post (total 2):
aggies22Jjoey52

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 1st, 2020, 4:16 pm

travelingagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 4:13 pm
FWIW, UNLV is going has submitted plans for approval to get 6,500 fans in the stands at UNLV games (10% of allegiant stadium capacity). Pretty funny that UNLV will play in that stadium in front of fans before the Raiders. And yes, I'm going to try and go to at least one game (probably Boise) to check out the stadium.
I live in Vegas, and I was lucky enough to tour Allegiant last month including UNLV's locker room. It's incredible. UNLV's attendance was super low las year, but I'm guessing it will be at allotted capacity this entire season as the 2.3 million people here want to see the stadium.
That stadium is helping them in this years recruiting. I predict we are going to see an improved unlv in the next few years.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
ViAggieaggies22

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 1st, 2020, 4:20 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 4:16 pm
travelingagg wrote:
That stadium is helping them in this years recruiting. I predict we are going to see an improved unlv in the next few years.
For student athletes, going to school at UNLV has quite a few drawbacks, as one could imagine. I friend of mine who played FB for UNLV in the late 80's forbid his kids from going there due to all of the distractions. His oldest didn't head dad's warnings and went there anyway, lasted a year before transferring. I bet it's easier for those who grew up there, so at least maybe they'll be able to hold onto some of the local talent.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

FormerlyVegasAggie71

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » October 1st, 2020, 4:43 pm

travelingagg wrote:
Nice to bump into fellow Vegas Aggies. I didn't sign up for unlv season tix - I'm sure they'll get priority. I did fill out the form today letting them know I'm interested in single game tickets, so hopefully I can get into one game.

I'm jealous you were able to take a tour. Not surprised it was amazing.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » October 1st, 2020, 7:08 pm

Hope we can get COVID hospitalizations down before football. Our ICUs in Logan are about full, and sending new COVID ICU patients elsewhere.

If ICUs are full, We might not have fans in the stands.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » October 1st, 2020, 7:29 pm

ChowderAggie wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 7:08 pm
Hope we can get COVID hospitalizations down before football. Our ICUs in Logan are about full, and sending new COVID ICU patients elsewhere.

If ICUs are full, We might not have fans in the stands.
69 percent of ICU beds statewide are occupied. 76 covid patients are in the ICU.

Not sure the regional breakdown or what’s normal (it sounds like you might have detailed non public info) but the hospitalization number has risen a lot the last few weeks. Certainly cause for concern.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
ChowderAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic