Logan or Lubbock?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie84025

Re: Logan or Lubbock?

Post by Aggie84025 » October 3rd, 2020, 4:25 pm

Henri is playing well. Super happy for him, wish he would have stayed, but wish him success.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 3rd, 2020, 4:56 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 4:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 3:46 pm
Elkaggie wrote:How come he didn’t have to sit out a year?
He's a grad transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Henry Colombi is NOT a grad transfer. He had his waiver for immediate eligibility approved by the NCAA.
I thought that but wasn't sure when I saw he was listed as a grad transfer here https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-d ... tech/92062

Nope. Ourlads is a pretty decent site but they got it wrong in this case.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm

Looks like wells is going to avoid going 1-6 at TT in one possession games.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm

Sl7vk wrote:Looks like wells is going to avoid going 1-6 at TT in one possession games.
It's always inspiring to see when people do better than they had previously.

These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
Sl7vk

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 3rd, 2020, 5:16 pm

It is pretty crazy to see Wells' poor record in 1 score games, especially when you roll it back to his time in Logan.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » October 4th, 2020, 3:53 am

I miss Scholz and Yost way more than Wells.

Especially Scholz. I’m not sure Hicks is doing a bad job per se, because an increase in injuries can be expected as a new trainer adjusts to 150 new clients.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
Aggie19

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 4th, 2020, 11:21 am

Some here are way too infatuated with Yost... personally, I felt he was too rigid. I want an OC that's a mad scientist - willing to do anything that works.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 4th, 2020, 11:51 am

brownjeans wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 11:21 am
Some here are way too infatuated with Yost... personally, I felt he was too rigid. I want an OC that's a mad scientist - willing to do anything that works.
The TT folks are not infatuated with Yost or Paterson.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 4th, 2020, 11:58 am

Elkaggie wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 11:51 am
brownjeans wrote:
I’m really excited for us to return back to more of a running team. I think we are starting to get the personnel to be very good at it.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 4th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 11:51 am
brownjeans wrote:
Yeah, Wells appears to also be walking on very thin ice right now. The natives are restless in Lubbock.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 6th, 2020, 3:19 pm

I am glad that so many aggie fans like Logan better than most any city that we play in football. However I wonder if it is all that great why does it not grow much faster, also why are the wages so low in the valley, you would think being a university town that more high quality industry would take advantage of the USU grads

The down falls must be isolation, lack of air service, bad winter weather.

I like Logan a lot for many reasons , but the lack of growth puzzles me.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » October 6th, 2020, 3:34 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 3:19 pm
I am glad that so many aggie fans like Logan better than most any city that we play in football. However I wonder if it is all that great why does it not grow much faster, also why are the wages so low in the valley, you would think being a university town that more high quality industry would take advantage of the USU grads

Winters haven't been that bad the last 5 to 7 years. There hasn't been a bad inversion set in like years past in a long time. Knock on wood. I do know that certain employers up here can use the whole low cost of living argument as a way to keep wages lower. It's still pretty rural up here and there is not a ton of draw for younger urban crowds that college grads are drawn too. Most of those are down south and even the lower cost of Logan doesn't make up for how long or bad that commute would be in the winter.

You can see the growth is happening between SLC and Provo right now. The silicon slopes are where all the jobs are in Utah. If we had a bunch of tech companies or start-ups happening up here there would be more growth.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 6th, 2020, 4:01 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 3:34 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

Winters haven't been that bad the last 5 to 7 years. There hasn't been a bad inversion set in like years past in a long time. Knock on wood. I do know that certain employers up here can use the whole low cost of living argument as a way to keep wages lower. It's still pretty rural up here and there is not a ton of draw for younger urban crowds that college grads are drawn too. Most of those are down south and even the lower cost of Logan doesn't make up for how long or bad that commute would be in the winter.

You can see the growth is happening between SLC and Provo right now. The silicon slopes are where all the jobs are in Utah. If we had a bunch of tech companies or start-ups happening up here there would be more growth.
I think the lack of public transportation between Logan and the front is a problem also being the largest population county in the nation without a direst connection to the interstate is a draw back for sure, Also no commercial air service must be a reason. The very conservative government can't be a plus.

I would rather live here than anywhere in zion, but the drawback to me is the isolation.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 6th, 2020, 4:16 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 4:01 pm
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 3:34 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

I think the lack of public transportation between Logan and the front is a problem also being the largest population county in the nation without a direst connection to the interstate is a draw back for sure, Also no commercial air service must be a reason. The very conservative government can't be a plus.

I would rather live here than anywhere in zion, but the drawback to me is the isolation.
I would move back to cache valley in an instant but as many are aware the lack of great jobs makes that difficult for many. The trick will be to get industry up there.

With that said I like that it isn’t a bustling metro area.

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » October 7th, 2020, 10:57 am

I'm with you and would love to move back to Logan as I'm in the tech industry and have needed to be near all the jobs, so I live in UT county...which I've actually grown to really like...inspite of all the zoobs. However, one benefit of Covid is that employers are seeing the possibility in a more remote workforce and the associated benefits. I hope this opens up more opportunity for remote employees with high paying jobs to relocate to Cache Valley...me being one of them.
These users thanked the author breadysmith for the post:
oleblu111

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 7th, 2020, 11:06 am

breadysmith wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 10:57 am
I'm with you and would love to move back to Logan as I'm in the tech industry and have needed to be near all the jobs, so I live in UT county...which I've actually grown to really like...inspite of all the zoobs. However, one benefit of Covid is that employers are seeing the possibility in a more remote workforce and the associated benefits. I hope this opens up more opportunity for remote employees with high paying jobs to relocate to Cache Valley...me being one of them.
Exactly. A lot of companies are offering this. I could see a lot of people on the west coast relocating to places like Boise and even cache valley with this new option.

Locked Previous topicNext topic